Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Roman Gonzalez

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    McAllen, Texas?
    Posts
    4,971
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    885
    Cool Clicks

    Default Roman Gonzalez

    He is the WBA 108lb. champion and he is fighting, on Saturday, about 4 miles from where I grew up. Unfortunately, I now live about 1004 miles from where I grew up. My friend says Gonzalez is pretty good, and his record (31-0, 26KOs) seems to bear that out. I have not seen him fight and was wondering if any of you are familiar with him.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    6,176
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1999
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Roman Gonzalez

    The guy is an outstanding little fighter, he was also the top guy at 105 mainly thanks to his win over Sithsamechai, before moving up

    I pick him to stop Garcia
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Beyond the wall
    Posts
    17,198
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4112
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Roman Gonzalez

    Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
    The guy is an outstanding little fighter, he was also the top guy at 105 mainly thanks to his win over Sithsamechai, before moving up

    I pick him to stop Garcia
    Haha I read the OP and my first thought was to use the word "outstanding".
    Roman is one of the best little guys of this decade, confident and skilled.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    6,176
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1999
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Roman Gonzalez

    Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
    The guy is an outstanding little fighter, he was also the top guy at 105 mainly thanks to his win over Sithsamechai, before moving up

    I pick him to stop Garcia
    Haha I read the OP and my first thought was to use the word "outstanding".
    Roman is one of the best little guys of this decade, confident and skilled.
    Agreed, I hope he really starts upping his opposition level again starting with the Garcia fight.
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    6,176
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1999
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Roman Gonzalez

    Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
    The guy is an outstanding little fighter, he was also the top guy at 105 mainly thanks to his win over Sithsamechai, before moving up

    I pick him to stop Garcia
    Haha I read the OP and my first thought was to use the word "outstanding".
    Roman is one of the best little guys of this decade, confident and skilled.
    Agreed, I hope he really starts upping his opposition level again starting with the Garcia fight.
    I meant Niida (not Sithsamerchai). He has been beating a host of mexican fighters of late. Even Beristien said he is amazing. Wouldn't mind seeing him face Solis or Nietes
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Beyond the wall
    Posts
    17,198
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4112
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Roman Gonzalez

    His biggest problem will be his size, there just isn't the money to get the best to fight each other at 108.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    McAllen, Texas?
    Posts
    4,971
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    885
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Roman Gonzalez

    The thing that is odd about his fight, the one coming up in Pomona, is that it wasn't publicized at all. My friend not only follows boxing very closely, but he sells art at car shows, etc... at the LA county Fairgrounds on a weekly basis, and he knew nothing of the fight. The publicity, apparently, has consisted of one article in the local paper.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    6,176
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1999
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Roman Gonzalez

    Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    His biggest problem will be his size, there just isn't the money to get the best to fight each other at 108.
    I tend to agree, but he is starting to feature now in the states & the buzz around him continues to grow. If he can keep defeating solid opponents from Mexico & Asia I feel the bigger fights will get made
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Beyond the wall
    Posts
    17,198
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4112
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Roman Gonzalez

    Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    His biggest problem will be his size, there just isn't the money to get the best to fight each other at 108.
    I tend to agree, but he is starting to feature now in the states & the buzz around him continues to grow. If he can keep defeating solid opponents from Mexico & Asia I feel the bigger fights will get made
    I hope he gets more recognition, he deserves it.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Beyond the wall
    Posts
    17,198
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4112
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Roman Gonzalez

    Quote Originally Posted by greynotsoold View Post
    The thing that is odd about his fight, the one coming up in Pomona, is that it wasn't publicized at all. My friend not only follows boxing very closely, but he sells art at car shows, etc... at the LA county Fairgrounds on a weekly basis, and he knew nothing of the fight. The publicity, apparently, has consisted of one article in the local paper.
    That's disappointing.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    6,176
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1999
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Roman Gonzalez



    Pretty good scrap. Gonzalez seemed to hurt him with everything he landed
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    McAllen, Texas?
    Posts
    4,971
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    885
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Roman Gonzalez

    Very heavy handed fighter.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Los Scandalous, CA
    Posts
    30,790
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4708
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Roman Gonzalez

    I almost made it out to the event but two things stopped me. The seats I wanted were $200 dll seats and to be honest I don't think the card was worth it. Also my cousin was celebrating his bday and well I couldn't leave him hanging... Would have loved to add him to my fighter pic gallery and to have seen him live.

    El Chocolatito is excellent the only issue I ever had and it wasn't with him is that he was labeled early on as the next Arguello. With all due respect to Roman, but no.
    I forget the writers name it was on a boxing site from Panama in early 2007 when I read it.
    The kids got the tools and he quickly became a favorite of mine since then.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    6,176
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1999
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Roman Gonzalez

    Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    I almost made it out to the event but two things stopped me. The seats I wanted were $200 dll seats and to be honest I don't think the card was worth it. Also my cousin was celebrating his bday and well I couldn't leave him hanging... Would have loved to add him to my fighter pic gallery and to have seen him live.

    El Chocolatito is excellent the only issue I ever had and it wasn't with him is that he was labeled early on as the next Arguello. With all due respect to Roman, but no.
    I forget the writers name it was on a boxing site from Panama in early 2007 when I read it.
    The kids got the tools and he quickly became a favorite of mine since then.
    Hey Mick

    Have you seen much of Buitrago? I really like this kid. He can really fight! Do you think these 2 will ever meet in the ring?

    YouTube - Carlos Buitrago vs Eddy Castro
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Giovanni Segura vs Roman Gonzalez
    By FinitoElDinamita in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-12-2011, 05:38 AM
  2. Niida won!Roman Gonzalez next?
    By El Gamo in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-02-2008, 11:29 AM
  3. Roman Gonzalez next fight
    By El Gamo in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-23-2008, 09:43 PM
  4. Excellent article on Roman Gonzalez
    By El Gamo in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-26-2007, 08:02 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing