Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: All Access: Canelo vs. Lopez -- Full Episode One - SHOWTIME Boxing - Josesito Lopez

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Southport
    Posts
    8,224
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1572
    Cool Clicks

    Default All Access: Canelo vs. Lopez -- Full Episode One - SHOWTIME Boxing - Josesito Lopez



    I enjoyed that, I am looking forward to this fight.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    1,927
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    761
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: All Access: Canelo vs. Lopez -- Full Episode One - SHOWTIME Boxing - Josesito Lop

    Hmm, I kind of couldn't care less about this fight. Canelo versus a good-but-not-great junior welterweight just doesn't do it for me. This fight does zero to improve his standing - I like Josesito but because of the weight, this is a clear step down for Alvarez. He should be fighting Cotto or at least Lara, Trout, or Vanes. But instead those guys are now all fighting each other in much better match-ups than this one.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Southport
    Posts
    8,224
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1572
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: All Access: Canelo vs. Lopez -- Full Episode One - SHOWTIME Boxing - Josesito Lop

    Quote Originally Posted by shza View Post
    Hmm, I kind of couldn't care less about this fight. Canelo versus a good-but-not-great junior welterweight just doesn't do it for me. This fight does zero to improve his standing - I like Josesito but because of the weight, this is a clear step down for Alvarez. He should be fighting Cotto or at least Lara, Trout, or Vanes. But instead those guys are now all fighting each other in much better match-ups than this one.
    You have to give Lopez credit though, nobody gave him a chance against Ortiz and he stepped up to the challenge. This fight was no doubt going to be Canelo - Ortiz but Lopez for spoiling the show deserves the fight. Im not saying he will win, but he deserves it! I do agree that Canelo should be fighting Cotto, Lara, Trout...people of that bracket, but it will come in near time. Canelos 22, we have so much to see of him in the future. I am looking forward to this fight, Lopez isnt scared and will make it a fight against Canelo IMO.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,786
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    607
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: All Access: Canelo vs. Lopez -- Full Episode One - SHOWTIME Boxing - Josesito Lop

    can alvarez handle a serious pressure fighter? i realize lopez is open to being hit, which will be play into alvarez' hands, but he throws alot of punches on the inside. lopez is also bigger than alvarez in that video and will no doubt do his best to work the body and push him around on the inside.

    everyone talks about canelo's poise, but has he faced this kind of pressure?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Southport
    Posts
    8,224
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1572
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: All Access: Canelo vs. Lopez -- Full Episode One - SHOWTIME Boxing - Josesito Lop

    Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    can alvarez handle a serious pressure fighter? i realize lopez is open to being hit, which will be play into alvarez' hands, but he throws alot of punches on the inside. lopez is also bigger than alvarez in that video and will no doubt do his best to work the body and push him around on the inside.

    everyone talks about canelo's poise, but has he faced this kind of pressure?
    Not to my knowledge, Lopez is a live threat, hes proved that against Ortiz. Canelo is going to have to be at his best to handle the pressure, I think it will be a good fight.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Antelope Valley, California
    Posts
    5,048
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    488
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    can alvarez handle a serious pressure fighter? i realize lopez is open to being hit, which will be play into alvarez' hands, but he throws alot of punches on the inside. lopez is also bigger than alvarez in that video and will no doubt do his best to work the body and push him around on the inside.

    everyone talks about canelo's poise, but has he faced this kind of pressure?
    Not to my knowledge, Lopez is a live threat, hes proved that against Ortiz. Canelo is going to have to be at his best to handle the pressure, I think it will be a good fight.
    This is another fight I've been waiting for. This is going to be good for as long as it lasts, Canelo can fight coming forward or backing up. Lopez is most comfortable coming forward, so it's going to be interesting! Canelo and Oscar were together at ringside when Lopez beat Ortiz, I think Canelo picked Lopez as his next opponent that night. Canelo likes Lopez and wants to fight him, he likes his fighting spirit and the way he invited Ortiz in when he was laying on the ropes. I can predict real fireworks, Canelo picked Lopez for that reason and Lopez is more than willing!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,786
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    607
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: All Access: Canelo vs. Lopez -- Full Episode One - SHOWTIME Boxing - Josesito Lop

    the other interesting thing i just realized is that lopez was a last minute replacement for both the ortiz fight and the vargas fight. lopez had fought just 3 weeks before fighting vargas and was cut in that fight.

    lopez will have been able to fully devote himself to training with the knowledge of who his opponent is. when i watched the video i was surprised to see how big lopez look as compared to how he looked against ortiz. i figure it's preparation.

    i think its gonna be a good fight.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    2,608
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    726
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: All Access: Canelo vs. Lopez -- Full Episode One - SHOWTIME Boxing - Josesito Lop

    Is't this GBP putting up the fight in the same town and on the date as TR Martinez/Chavez Jr? Two top draws for Mexico and these idiots want to fight for gate money. What a bunch of morons!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-22-2012, 03:54 PM
  2. Josesito Lopez vs Paulie Malinaggi
    By JazzWolf in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-30-2012, 01:54 PM
  3. Official Josesito Lopez Will Win Thread
    By greynotsoold in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-25-2012, 09:18 AM
  4. Victor Ortiz vs. Josesito Lopez 6/23
    By Hulk in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-25-2012, 09:24 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing