Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 48

Thread: NFL playoffs 2013 thread

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    20,479
    Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1641
    Cool Clicks

    Default NFL playoffs 2013 thread

    I understand there's few NFL fans here (at least those who post regularly)... but I for one am happy to see the NFL playoffs arrive. It's Wild Card weekend, with a full slate of games being televised. Let me throw in a few predictions:

    Cincinnati Bengals at Houston Texans:

    Everyone feels the Texans are ripe for the picking. They seem to have dropped off from their peak earlier in the season, while the Bengals have an underrated defense and a pretty good passing game. I'll go with the majority, because defense wins playoff games. But Houston will make it close.

    Bengals 24, Texans 20


    Minnesota Vikings at Green Bay Packers:

    Adrian Peterson is an awesome force, but the rest of the Viking offense leaves something to be desired. Green Bay has all their receivers back and are playing at home. This one won't be as close.

    Packers 31, Vikings 17


    Seattle Seahawks at Washington Redskins:

    RG3 is good, but he's not at 100%. Russell Wilson is pretty good too, and has an awesome defense backing him up. Everybody's on the Seattle bandwagon. But they're much better at home than away, and the Redskins will have the definite homefield advantage. I'll go against conventional wisdom here and pick the Redskins.

    Redskins 20, Seahawks 17


    Indianapolis Colts at Baltimore Ravens:

    Most are picking the Ravens due to the playoff experience. The Colts have overachieved this season, but I think the wheels might come off against the seasoned Ravens at Baltimore. There will probably be a lot of scoring.

    Ravens 35, Colts 27

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    11,841
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1720
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: NFL playoffs 2013 thread

    Looking forward to this weekend, and as a Vikings fan I'll be up till 4am (unless they get whipped in the first half) despite having a morning shift tomorrow.

    I know Houston have had a big dip in form, but I can't see them losing to the Bengals. Wilson v RG3 is a fascinating match up, and I reckon RG3 can see it through for the wildcard round at least. Never liked the Ravens, so I hope the Colts win that one.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    600
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: NFL playoffs 2013 thread

    You are 1-1 so far

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    VA for life, 2 up 2 down
    Posts
    617
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    573
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    Man, Dalton missed a few key throws tonight and I think if he had connected the Bengals would have won as I thought they would. Credit to the Houston defense though because Cincinatti's offense didn't do a darn thing

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    18,765
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4069
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: NFL playoffs 2013 thread

    The two teams I cheer for are the Seahawks and the Bengals. 0/1 so far and, if I was a betting man, I'd be putting my money on the Redskins tomorrow. Seattle is just a different team on the road.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    20,479
    Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1641
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: NFL playoffs 2013 thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I understand there's few NFL fans here (at least those who post regularly)... but I for one am happy to see the NFL playoffs arrive. It's Wild Card weekend, with a full slate of games being televised. Let me throw in a few predictions:

    Cincinnati Bengals at Houston Texans:

    Everyone feels the Texans are ripe for the picking. They seem to have dropped off from their peak earlier in the season, while the Bengals have an underrated defense and a pretty good passing game. I'll go with the majority, because defense wins playoff games. But Houston will make it close.

    Bengals 24, Texans 20


    Minnesota Vikings at Green Bay Packers:

    Adrian Peterson is an awesome force, but the rest of the Viking offense leaves something to be desired. Green Bay has all their receivers back and are playing at home. This one won't be as close.

    Packers 31, Vikings 17


    Seattle Seahawks at Washington Redskins:

    RG3 is good, but he's not at 100%. Russell Wilson is pretty good too, and has an awesome defense backing him up. Everybody's on the Seattle bandwagon. But they're much better at home than away, and the Redskins will have the definite homefield advantage. I'll go against conventional wisdom here and pick the Redskins.

    Redskins 20, Seahawks 17


    Indianapolis Colts at Baltimore Ravens:

    Most are picking the Ravens due to the playoff experience. The Colts have overachieved this season, but I think the wheels might come off against the seasoned Ravens at Baltimore. There will probably be a lot of scoring.

    Ravens 35, Colts 27


    I was 2-2 this weekend. I guess ESPN won't come knocking anytime soon.


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    VA for life, 2 up 2 down
    Posts
    617
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    573
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    Picked every game correctly except the Texans vs Bengals. I really thought Houston was ripe for the upset but Cincy's offense was ineffective

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    20,479
    Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1641
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: NFL playoffs 2013 thread

    Since I was so good last week (yeah, right... 2-2), I'll try my hand at this prediction stuff again this week. This weekend are the Divisional Playoffs, and hopefully I'll get to watch every one of the 4 games. This is the way I see it going down:


    Houston Texans at New England Patriots

    Probably the easiest game to pick. No way will the Texans beat the Patriots in Foxboro. Brady and the Patriot offense is on fire... and the defense is coming around also. Houston is good, but the defense has been a disappointment lately.

    Patriots 31, Texans 20


    Baltimore Ravens at Denver Broncos

    Baltimore coming off an emotional win over Indianapolis and traveling to Denver. Peyton Manning is probably on a hotter streak than Brady right now. The Denver defense is not bad. This is the second easiest game to call this weekend.

    Broncos 27, Ravens 13


    Seattle Seahawks at Atlanta Falcons

    Seattle is on a definite hot streak right now and is the popular choice. Atlanta has a history of meltdowns once it gets to the playoffs. But the Falcons have some key weapons in Julio Jones, Roddy White, and Tony Gonzalez. This has the makings of a close game. But I'm going to lean toward the home team again.

    Falcons 28, Seahawks 24


    Green Bay Packers at San Francisco 49ers

    Green Bay's receivers are healthy... and Rodgers is looking to make amends for last year's playoff failures. San Francisco is good, but they have a largely unproven entity at quarterback. Kaepernick is good... but unproven in playoff games. On this one I'll go with the visitors.

    Packers 30, 49ers 20

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,571
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    930
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: NFL playoffs 2013 thread

    Well I always look at the NFL as a bit of a let down after bowl season but I think Denver wins the whole thing. Peaking at the right time with healthy playmakers on both sides of the line of scrimmage

    Pats 35 - Houston 20
    Denver 31 - Baltimore 17
    Seattle 20 - Atlanta 16
    GB 17 - SF 12
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    11,841
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1720
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: NFL playoffs 2013 thread

    I'm with VictorCharlie in terms of results, but score-picking is a real tough game, so I'll put down a winning margin:

    Patriots beat Texans by ten
    Broncos beat Baltimore by fifteen
    Seahawks beat Falcons by three in o/t
    Packers beat 49ers by eight

    I'm working most of the weekend, so I'll probably pick up just highlights for this round of games, and maybe the end of the Sunday night game.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    20,479
    Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1641
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: NFL playoffs 2013 thread

    Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun View Post
    I'm with VictorCharlie in terms of results, but score-picking is a real tough game, so I'll put down a winning margin:

    Patriots beat Texans by ten
    Broncos beat Baltimore by fifteen
    Seahawks beat Falcons by three in o/t
    Packers beat 49ers by eight

    I'm working most of the weekend, so I'll probably pick up just highlights for this round of games, and maybe the end of the Sunday night game.


    I half-heartedly picked the Falcons... but I'll stick with my pick.
    If the Seahawks pull it off, however, it's gonna be one helluva NFC championship game.
    No matter who the opponent is.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    7,832
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1835
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: NFL playoffs 2013 thread

    Ofcourse I'll be rooting for the Hawks. If they do win, they'll be a big build up drama brewing for the NFC title wheather Packers win or Niners. Both team are likely pulling for the Hawks cause of the bad blood from this season.

    Go Hawks!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    18,765
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4069
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: NFL playoffs 2013 thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Julius Rain View Post
    Ofcourse I'll be rooting for the Hawks. If they do win, they'll be a big build up drama brewing for the NFC title wheather Packers win or Niners. Both team are likely pulling for the Hawks cause of the bad blood from this season.

    Go Hawks!
    I think the Hawks, should they win, have a better shot against the 49'ers, but I would love to see them stomp those whiny fucking Packers. I would also love to see them beat the Packers with another controversial play.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    7,832
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1835
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: NFL playoffs 2013 thread

    Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Julius Rain View Post
    Ofcourse I'll be rooting for the Hawks. If they do win, they'll be a big build up drama brewing for the NFC title wheather Packers win or Niners. Both team are likely pulling for the Hawks cause of the bad blood from this season.

    Go Hawks!
    I think the Hawks, should they win, have a better shot against the 49'ers, but I would love to see them stomp those whiny fucking Packers. I would also love to see them beat the Packers with another controversial play.
    I would love to see the Hawks beat them all in their home turf. They will all fear us for the next years to come, especially when they come to Seattle

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,571
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    930
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: NFL playoffs 2013 thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun View Post
    I'm with VictorCharlie in terms of results, but score-picking is a real tough game, so I'll put down a winning margin:

    Patriots beat Texans by ten
    Broncos beat Baltimore by fifteen
    Seahawks beat Falcons by three in o/t
    Packers beat 49ers by eight

    I'm working most of the weekend, so I'll probably pick up just highlights for this round of games, and maybe the end of the Sunday night game.


    I half-heartedly picked the Falcons... but I'll stick with my pick.
    If the Seahawks pull it off, however, it's gonna be one helluva NFC championship game.
    No matter who the opponent is.
    The Falcons have been a little flaky this season. Seattle has been playing great ball the last couple weeks and I just don't trust Atlanta to not step on their own crank.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. NFL Playoffs
    By TitoFan in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-08-2012, 07:48 PM
  2. NFL playoffs
    By Cressa121 in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 01-27-2011, 08:14 AM
  3. NBA Playoffs thread
    By CutMeMick in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 06-09-2009, 07:38 PM
  4. AFL playoffs....
    By Punisher136 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-09-2007, 12:25 AM
  5. Playoffs
    By Punisher136 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-01-2007, 06:36 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing