Boxing Forums



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 215

Thread: Orlando Salido vs. "Mikey" Garcia - Saturday night fight/chat thread

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,903
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Arrow Orlando Salido vs. "Mikey" Garcia - Saturday night fight/chat thread

    A killer night of boxing for us fans next Saturday, Salido vs. Garcia should be a fucking war.

    Jan. 19
    At New York (HBO): Orlando Salido vs. Miguel Angel "Mikey" Garcia, 12 rounds, for Salido's WBO featherweight title; Gennady Golovkin vs. Gabriel Rosado, 12 rounds, for Golovkin's WBA middleweight title; Roman "Rocky" Martinez vs. Juan Carlos Burgos, 12 rounds, for Martinez's WBO junior lightweight title.


    I'll go with Garcia by decision, but if he's not careful Salido could knock him out. Golovkin should have no problems with Rosado, a mid round KO for him. As for Martinez vs. Burgos, not sure yet, but Martinez should prevail.

    Last edited by Mars_ax; 01-17-2013 at 03:55 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Northern Canada
    Posts
    9,793
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    851
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Orlando Salido vs. "Mikey" Garcia on HBO Saturday

    Its a nice weekend of boxing.

    NBC will have a nice card.

    Kovalev v Campillo
    Ayala v Stevens

    Nice Wealth tv domestic card in Wolverhampton England

    Then the HBO card.

    Btw the Garcia/Salido clash is also for the Ring Title which is interesting if not puzzling seeing that Garcia is an Arum fighter and Oscar owns the Ring.

    Garcia by a methodical surgeon like breakdown ending in a tko victory over Salido late in the fight.
    GGG by destruction
    Burgos on points.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,903
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Orlando Salido vs. "Mikey" Garcia on HBO Saturday

    Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Its a nice weekend of boxing.

    NBC will have a nice card.

    Kovalev v Campillo
    Ayala v Stevens


    Nice Wealth tv domestic card in Wolverhampton England

    Then the HBO card.

    Btw the Garcia/Salido clash is also for the Ring Title which is interesting if not puzzling seeing that Garcia is an Arum fighter and Oscar owns the Ring.

    Garcia by a methodical surgeon like breakdown ending in a tko victory over Salido late in the fight.
    GGG by destruction
    Burgos on points.
    Yup, I'd meant to add that NBC Sports was airing Gabriel Campillo vs. Sergey Kovalev, a light heavyweight fight. (the same Campillo who got fucked on the scorecards in a title fight against Tavoris Cloud)
    Last edited by Mars_ax; 01-14-2013 at 12:34 AM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    446
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    571
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Orlando Salido vs. "Mikey" Garcia on HBO Saturday

    Looking forward to a war in this one.

    1st Intenational fight im covering for the fightscorecollector site so please as always send me your scores.

    cheers
    Hidden Content

    collecting scores from the best boxing sites and forums

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    13,403
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1838
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Orlando Salido vs. "Mikey" Garcia on HBO Saturday

    First big card of the year, here we go 2013.

    Golovkin/Garcia/can't remember seeing Burgos but hopefully it's a decent fight to watch.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,903
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Orlando Salido vs. "Mikey" Garcia on HBO Saturday

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    First big card of the year, here we go 2013.

    Golovkin/Garcia/can't remember seeing Burgos but hopefully it's a decent fight to watch.
    Burgos has been around for a while, you'll recognize him once he gets in the ring Saturday night. A good card for us fans.

    cheers

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    13,403
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1838
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Orlando Salido vs. "Mikey" Garcia on HBO Saturday

    Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    First big card of the year, here we go 2013.

    Golovkin/Garcia/can't remember seeing Burgos but hopefully it's a decent fight to watch.


    Burgos has been around for a while, you'll recognize him once he gets in the ring Saturday night. A good card for us fans.

    cheers

    Going by Boxrec the only time I could have seen him was when he fought on the undercard of Manny Marquez 3. Can't remember him though. Maybe they didn't show the fight and even if they did completely wasted isn't the best condition to judge a fighter in.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Southport
    Posts
    8,224
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1719
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    I've never seen Garcia before, can anybody give some details about him ? I've seen Salido a lot, he's a great fighter. I loved his wins against Lopez, especially the second one.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,903
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Orlando Salido vs. "Mikey" Garcia on HBO Saturday

    Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    I've never seen Garcia before, can anybody give some details about him ? I've seen Salido a lot, he's a great fighter. I loved his wins against Lopez, especially the second one.
    "Mikey" Garcia is a good California based, 25 year old fighter, who's undefeated (30-0 (KO 26).

    Miguel Angel Garcia : Boxer

    I pick him to win a decision over Salido, if he doesn't get KTFO.

    cheers Tam
    Last edited by Mars_ax; 01-17-2013 at 03:36 AM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Southport
    Posts
    8,224
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1719
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    I've never seen Garcia before, can anybody give some details about him ? I've seen Salido a lot, he's a great fighter. I loved his wins against Lopez, especially the second one.
    "Mikey" Garcia is a good California based, 25 year old fighter, who's undefeated (30-0 (KO 26).

    Miguel Angel Garcia : Boxer

    I pick him to win a decision over Salido, if he doesn't get KTFO.

    cheers Tam
    Cheers mars Ive heard he's the brother of Robert Garcia , but in terms of the way the way he fights I've not heard anything. He's got a good record, but so did Lopez and we all know what happened to him.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,903
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Orlando Salido vs. "Mikey" Garcia - Saturday night fight/chat thread

    This card starts @ 9:45 PM ET Saturday night here in North America and @2:45 AM for you night owls in the UK/Europe.

    At New York (HBO): Orlando Salido vs. Miguel Angel "Mikey" Garcia, 12 rounds, for Salido's WBO featherweight title; Gennady Golovkin vs. Gabriel Rosado, 12 rounds, for Golovkin's WBA middleweight title; Roman "Rocky" Martinez vs. Juan Carlos Burgos, 12 rounds, for Martinez's WBO junior lightweight title.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    18,672
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Orlando Salido vs. "Mikey" Garcia on HBO Saturday

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    First big card of the year, here we go 2013.

    Golovkin/Garcia/can't remember seeing Burgos but hopefully it's a decent fight to watch.


    Burgos has been around for a while, you'll recognize him once he gets in the ring Saturday night. A good card for us fans.

    cheers

    Going by Boxrec the only time I could have seen him was when he fought on the undercard of Manny Marquez 3. Can't remember him though. Maybe they didn't show the fight and even if they did completely wasted isn't the best condition to judge a fighter in.
    He beat Luis Cruz that night. Cruz was undefeated going in. But like many recent upcoming Puerto Rican fighters he was hilariously overrated. The MD win should of been a UD win. Burgos handled him easily

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Northern Canada
    Posts
    9,793
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    851
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Orlando Salido vs. "Mikey" Garcia - Saturday night fight/chat thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    I've never seen Garcia before, can anybody give some details about him ? I've seen Salido a lot, he's a great fighter. I loved his wins against Lopez, especially the second one.
    "Mikey" Garcia is a good California based, 25 year old fighter, who's undefeated (30-0 (KO 26).

    Miguel Angel Garcia : Boxer

    I pick him to win a decision over Salido, if he doesn't get KTFO.

    cheers Tam
    Cheers mars Ive heard he's the brother of Robert Garcia , but in terms of the way the way he fights I've not heard anything. He's got a good record, but so did Lopez and we all know what happened to him.
    Robert is his brother and in his corner. He's a boxer/puncher that is pin point in the accuracy department, switches to southpaw flawlessly and is methodical in his approach. Good defense and a good D. Here is a couple of clips.






  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    268
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    613
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Orlando Salido vs. "Mikey" Garcia - Saturday night fight/chat thread

    *I called Angel Garcia the most dangerous unknown fighter two years ago...and i stand by my statement. He's tall and knows how to fight tall. He's gunna jab and stick u with that straight right hand... if u corner him, he'll get down-right ally cat on u with heavy hard punches until he rolls out. He has dangerous power and is well schooled... I can see him winning a unanimous decision with his masterful boxing...BUT, Salido tends to get fighters to mix it up with him... if they go toe to toe, anything can happen. Salido possibly has the best chin in the busness, so it doesn't make sense to mix it up...

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Southport
    Posts
    8,224
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1719
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    Watching the footage no doubt that this is going to be a war and a great card to start 2013.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Orlando Salido VS MIkey Garcia is a dynamite fight!!
    By FinitoElDinamita in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-07-2013, 10:36 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-14-2012, 04:17 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-26-2012, 09:02 PM
  4. Salido-Juanma with Mikey Garcia-Bernabe Concepcion as co-feature
    By FinitoElDinamita in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-28-2012, 01:39 PM
  5. Replies: 157
    Last Post: 11-09-2011, 08:36 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Forum | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2022 Saddo Boxing - Boxing