Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 46

Thread: C.J. Ross - Epic Failures

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,831
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    643
    Cool Clicks

    Default C.J. Ross - Epic Failures

    hers a link to C.J.Ross' box rec page where someone has made a list of her questionable judgements.

    there's also a picture of her. avert your gaze if possible.

    C.J. Ross - Boxrec Boxing Encyclopaedia

    DRAWS seem to be her thing.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    VA for life, 2 up 2 down
    Posts
    617
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    609
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: C.J. Ross - Epic Failures

    wow, simply amazing
    If you think you can......you can, if you think you can't .......you're right!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    22,071
    Mentioned
    480 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1702
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: C.J. Ross - Epic Failures

    Her bio speaks for itself. Why oh why is this incompetent woman allowed to continue judging boxing matches? Isn't there something else she can do for a living that does not involve the use of good judgement?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Crawley, West Sussex
    Posts
    4,253
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    935
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: C.J. Ross - Epic Failures

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Her bio speaks for itself. Why oh why is this incompetent woman allowed to continue judging boxing matches? Isn't there something else she can do for a living that does not involve the use of good judgement?
    Her bio does not 'speaks for itself'. Certain results are picked out to strengthen one side of the argument. Ross had a bad night last night, as shown not for the first time. But there were times where Ross would of done her job well.
    "Boxing is like jazz. The better it is, the less people appreciate it."

    George Foreman

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,831
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    643
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: C.J. Ross - Epic Failures

    Quote Originally Posted by Britkid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Her bio speaks for itself. Why oh why is this incompetent woman allowed to continue judging boxing matches? Isn't there something else she can do for a living that does not involve the use of good judgement?
    Her bio does not 'speaks for itself'. Certain results are picked out to strengthen one side of the argument. Ross had a bad night last night, as shown not for the first time. But there were times where Ross would of done her job well.
    george foreman is wrong about jazz and you are wrong about cj ross @Britkid.
    she is clearly incompetent and a lot of the best jazz is extremely well liked.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Crawley, West Sussex
    Posts
    4,253
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    935
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: C.J. Ross - Epic Failures

    Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post

    george foreman is wrong about jazz and you are wrong about cj ross @Britkid .
    she is clearly incompetent and a lot of the best jazz is extremely well liked.
    Where does the clearness in the incompetence come from? She had a bad day at work this morning; she had another bad day with Pacquiao. I think also she has performed poorly in other fights. But I suspect most of the time she is very good at her job. Maybe she could do with some more 'training' in dealing with the big fights. That may involve her being 'rested' for a while. But it does seem very harsh to call someone incompetent with so little evidence. I know I would be out of a job, if your judgements and/or standards were used.

    You are being too ruthless rocco!

    As for George, you may have a point, he was certainly 'unique' in many of his traits, and that probably includes judging jazz.
    Last edited by Britkid; 09-15-2013 at 10:46 AM.
    "Boxing is like jazz. The better it is, the less people appreciate it."

    George Foreman

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    22,071
    Mentioned
    480 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1702
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: C.J. Ross - Epic Failures

    Quote Originally Posted by Britkid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post

    george foreman is wrong about jazz and you are wrong about cj ross @Britkid .
    she is clearly incompetent and a lot of the best jazz is extremely well liked.
    Where does the clearness in the incompetence come from? She had a bad day at work this morning; she had another bad day with Pacquiao. I think also she has performed poorly in other fights. But I suspect most of the time she is very good at her job. Maybe she could do with some more 'training' in dealing with the big fights. That may involve her being 'rested' for a while. But it does seem very harsh to call someone incompetent with so little evidence. I know I would be out of a job, if your judgements and/or standards were used.

    You are being too ruthless rocco!

    As for George, you may have a point, he was certainly 'unique' in many of his traits, and that probably includes judging jazz.


    Reread your statement above, Britkid. You're being (IMO) a bit too forgiving in this case. We're talking major mega-fights here, not your average run-of-the-mill fights. Efforts should be made to have the best judges available..... not someone who tends to have "bad days at the office." A PPV with the huge buildup and implications this fight had should not be left to chance by some mediocre judge.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,831
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    643
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    Britkid's logic: That guy is a good pilot most of the time. So what if he's fallen asleep 10 or 12 times mid flight? That doesn't mean he's a bad pilot... Everyone has bad days. Don't be so hard on the guy!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    22,071
    Mentioned
    480 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1702
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: C.J. Ross - Epic Failures

    Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    Britkid's logic: That guy is a good pilot most of the time. So what if he's fallen asleep 10 or 12 times mid flight? That doesn't mean he's a bad pilot... Everyone has bad days. Don't be so hard on the guy!



    Exactly. Logic that perpetuates one of the biggest problems boxing has.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Antelope Valley, California
    Posts
    5,048
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    523
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: C.J. Ross - Epic Failures

    Quote Originally Posted by Britkid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post

    george foreman is wrong about jazz and you are wrong about cj ross @Britkid .
    she is clearly incompetent and a lot of the best jazz is extremely well liked.
    Where does the clearness in the incompetence come from? She had a bad day at work this morning; she had another bad day with Pacquiao. I think also she has performed poorly in other fights. But I suspect most of the time she is very good at her job. Maybe she could do with some more 'training' in dealing with the big fights. That may involve her being 'rested' for a while. But it does seem very harsh to call someone incompetent with so little evidence. I know I would be out of a job, if your judgements and/or standards were used.

    You are being too ruthless rocco!

    As for George, you may have a point, he was certainly 'unique' in many of his traits, and that probably includes judging jazz.
    Sir, stop and think for a minute, she had the Canelo vs Floyd fight a draw. That's not a "bad day" or a "bad night" at work. The lady does not know how to judge a fight, she should not be judging fights big or small.
    She was listening to the crowd instead of watching the fight, it's that or she is corrupt. I do not believe in justifying a judge's poor performance, they should be held to the highest standard possible.
    She had a "bad day" is a terrible, terrible, terrible excuse!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    39,951
    Mentioned
    362 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4778
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: C.J. Ross - Epic Failures

    Scrutiny, this is what judges NEED. It's an opportunity with a mega fight like this to put a moon beam on crappy judging because we all know it happens every weekend not named Canelo and Mayweather and ya hardly hear a peep. I flip up the craptop this morning and the first thing I see on yahoo is judges in question. One thing that strikes me is...make these judges travel!!! Just as fighters. I don't think Ross has left the state of Nevada too often, its a comfort zone. See the same boxers over and over and it has to form a tilted familiarity when some guy comes to hometown for first time.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    3,502
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    469
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: C.J. Ross - Epic Failures

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Britkid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post

    george foreman is wrong about jazz and you are wrong about cj ross @Britkid .
    she is clearly incompetent and a lot of the best jazz is extremely well liked.
    Where does the clearness in the incompetence come from? She had a bad day at work this morning; she had another bad day with Pacquiao. I think also she has performed poorly in other fights. But I suspect most of the time she is very good at her job. Maybe she could do with some more 'training' in dealing with the big fights. That may involve her being 'rested' for a while. But it does seem very harsh to call someone incompetent with so little evidence. I know I would be out of a job, if your judgements and/or standards were used.

    You are being too ruthless rocco!

    As for George, you may have a point, he was certainly 'unique' in many of his traits, and that probably includes judging jazz.


    Reread your statement above, Britkid. You're being (IMO) a bit too forgiving in this case. We're talking major mega-fights here, not your average run-of-the-mill fights. Efforts should be made to have the best judges available..... not someone who tends to have "bad days at the office." A PPV with the huge buildup and implications this fight had should not be left to chance by some mediocre judge.
    Absolute retarded logic from Britkid. Watch the fight. There is no way you can score that a draw. I am probably more forgiving of judges then most but ffs that was shocking. Clearly she doesnt understand what a scoring punch is and needs to be given the boot.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Crawley, West Sussex
    Posts
    4,253
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    935
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: C.J. Ross - Epic Failures

    Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    Britkid's logic: That guy is a good pilot most of the time. So what if he's fallen asleep 10 or 12 times mid flight? That doesn't mean he's a bad pilot... Everyone has bad days. Don't be so hard on the guy!
    Potentially killing people and misjudging a fight...
    "Boxing is like jazz. The better it is, the less people appreciate it."

    George Foreman

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Crawley, West Sussex
    Posts
    4,253
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    935
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: C.J. Ross - Epic Failures

    Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post

    Absolute retarded logic from Britkid. Watch the fight. There is no way you can score that a draw. I am probably more forgiving of judges then most but ffs that was shocking.
    I think to be fair I am not saying she was right

    Clearly she doesnt understand what a scoring punch is and needs to be given the boot.
    Again where does it show she 'clearly' does not understand what a scoring punch is? I am confident she does, and thus am prepared to believe she had a poor day at the office, because otherwise I can only come to one other conclusion.
    Last edited by Britkid; 09-15-2013 at 08:54 PM.
    "Boxing is like jazz. The better it is, the less people appreciate it."

    George Foreman

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    3,502
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    469
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: C.J. Ross - Epic Failures

    Quote Originally Posted by Britkid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post

    Absolute retarded logic from Britkid. Watch the fight. There is no way you can score that a draw. I am probably more forgiving of judges then most but ffs that was shocking.
    I think to be fair I am not saying she was right

    Clearly she doesnt understand what a scoring punch is and needs to be given the boot.
    Again where does it show she 'clearly' does understand what a scoring punch is? I am confident she does, and thus am prepared to believe she had a poor day at the office, because otherwise I can only come to one other conclusion.
    The fact she scored it a draw shows she does not know what a scoring punch is. Alvarez didnt land anything let alone enough to win 6 rounds.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Some Epic fails of 2010
    By Andre in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-11-2010, 09:06 PM
  2. Epic fail
    By Kirkland Laing in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-23-2008, 05:57 AM
  3. Epic Grappling Manuever
    By Heavy D in forum Ask the Trainer
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-13-2007, 11:31 PM
  4. ***Who wins this epic battle?***
    By PRIDE OF BOSTON in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-02-2006, 03:56 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing