Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: stocks

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    15,455
    Mentioned
    642 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    649
    Cool Clicks

    Default stocks

    I've been checking out ali baba, the Chinese stock that recently went ipo. I've had some good fortune in the stock market but I have lost some as well. I stick to blue chips these days but I'm thinking of making some changes. Anyone have any inside info which although I realize is illegal to act on, I would do so regardless.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    48,969
    Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: stocks

    I have no inside knowledge but I believe the stock market to be a massive fraud. It's gibberish when it doubles under Obama but real incomes decline significantly. It sums it all up. It's a robbery, and the general public are getting fleeced. We are the Fed, we print money, there you go banks. And that's it. Nothing for the ordinary bloke.

    I don't invest in the markets as I hate all corporations equally. They are not moral and the system is very corrupt. 0% interest rates because professionals couldn't do a decent moral job. That is banking and government. No morality.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Where the sun is shining!
    Posts
    2,089
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    469
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: stocks

    Scania i would say its a safe bet, for long term! Really good bus/trucks and is worldwide, Australia is buying heaps of them! Victoria State using them as route busses and the other state will start with that too! Which means they need more busses, more to produce! They all over and they going strong!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Where the sun is shining!
    Posts
    2,089
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    469
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: stocks

    I find stock market a dangerous business, I believe the rich people invetet it to suck a bit more money from the poor, is kinda like gambling.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    15,455
    Mentioned
    642 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    649
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: stocks

    I actually understand where you are coming from miles but I have had stocks go from thirty to ninety dollars overnight. To clarify, I am not rich but I do look for ways to increase my cash flow. Right now most of my stocks are safe picks like proctor and gamble which in ten years I never lost money on but these types of stocks have a slow climb up. I do think we might be heading for a correction but I am merely looking to make my future more comfortable, I don't expect to hit it big. I think we should all prepare for the future and stocks are one decent option to do so.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Where the sun is shining!
    Posts
    2,089
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    469
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: stocks

    For a great investment i would look into accommodation, Houses, land, Buy and rent it out.
    more people getting born then dying so that means the population will grow, and that will make it harder and harder to find a place to live. Depends on where you live i believe but where i'm at the prices been raising with over 100 % in the last 3 years!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    15,455
    Mentioned
    642 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    649
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: stocks

    Quote Originally Posted by Xwetie View Post
    For a great investment i would look into accommodation, Houses, land, Buy and rent it out.
    more people getting born then dying so that means the population will grow, and that will make it harder and harder to find a place to live. Depends on where you live i believe but where i'm at the prices been raising with over 100 % in the last 3 years!
    I do have a second home which I rent out. I'm not making a lot of money on it right now as it still has a couple years left on the mortgage. The US recently had a real estate bubble. I don't know much about your countries financials but if you are seeing those types of gains you might be heading the same way. Right now is a good time for US real estate as prices are still bottomed out a bit.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Where the sun is shining!
    Posts
    2,089
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    469
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: stocks

    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Xwetie View Post
    For a great investment i would look into accommodation, Houses, land, Buy and rent it out.
    more people getting born then dying so that means the population will grow, and that will make it harder and harder to find a place to live. Depends on where you live i believe but where i'm at the prices been raising with over 100 % in the last 3 years!
    I do have a second home which I rent out. I'm not making a lot of money on it right now as it still has a couple years left on the mortgage. The US recently had a real estate bubble. I don't know much about your countries financials but if you are seeing those types of gains you might be heading the same way. Right now is a good time for US real estate as prices are still bottomed out a bit.
    Still a good invest tho! I had a apartment i rented out when i was younger, i forgot to declare it and pay tax on my profits! Got a HUGe amount of money i had to pay to the (government) police or whoever took it! sense then i haven't really been bothered getting anything, I will see if i can afford a property in Melbourne in a year or so!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Up in the attic
    Posts
    26,460
    Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3916
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: stocks

    Quote Originally Posted by Xwetie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Xwetie View Post
    For a great investment i would look into accommodation, Houses, land, Buy and rent it out.
    more people getting born then dying so that means the population will grow, and that will make it harder and harder to find a place to live. Depends on where you live i believe but where i'm at the prices been raising with over 100 % in the last 3 years!
    I do have a second home which I rent out. I'm not making a lot of money on it right now as it still has a couple years left on the mortgage. The US recently had a real estate bubble. I don't know much about your countries financials but if you are seeing those types of gains you might be heading the same way. Right now is a good time for US real estate as prices are still bottomed out a bit.
    Still a good invest tho! I had a apartment i rented out when i was younger, i forgot to declare it and pay tax on my profits! Got a HUGe amount of money i had to pay to the (government) police or whoever took it! sense then i haven't really been bothered getting anything, I will see if i can afford a property in Melbourne in a year or so!
    You can live in paradise out here if you are prepared to travel into town for work. Farms on workable acres with ocean views are the same price as top inner city homes and our freeways are on the improve all the time. The city is fun to visit only and I like to be able to see whos coming so that suits me.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

    I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Where the sun is shining!
    Posts
    2,089
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    469
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: stocks

    Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Xwetie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Xwetie View Post
    For a great investment i would look into accommodation, Houses, land, Buy and rent it out.
    more people getting born then dying so that means the population will grow, and that will make it harder and harder to find a place to live. Depends on where you live i believe but where i'm at the prices been raising with over 100 % in the last 3 years!
    I do have a second home which I rent out. I'm not making a lot of money on it right now as it still has a couple years left on the mortgage. The US recently had a real estate bubble. I don't know much about your countries financials but if you are seeing those types of gains you might be heading the same way. Right now is a good time for US real estate as prices are still bottomed out a bit.
    Still a good invest tho! I had a apartment i rented out when i was younger, i forgot to declare it and pay tax on my profits! Got a HUGe amount of money i had to pay to the (government) police or whoever took it! sense then i haven't really been bothered getting anything, I will see if i can afford a property in Melbourne in a year or so!
    You can live in paradise out here if you are prepared to travel into town for work. Farms on workable acres with ocean views are the same price as top inner city homes and our freeways are on the improve all the time. The city is fun to visit only and I like to be able to see whos coming so that suits me.
    Well yes, you can a brand new modern home quite cheap on the ocean side!! Ive been lookingg around lately, I hope i be getting a townhouse in the eastern suburbs around Burwood, and they seems to be around 500/550 dollar a week, it's actually not to bad if you're sharing it with a friend! and they 3 bedrooms!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    9,717
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    703
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: stocks

    How many of you have shares in Tesco.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    48,969
    Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: stocks

    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    I actually understand where you are coming from miles but I have had stocks go from thirty to ninety dollars overnight. To clarify, I am not rich but I do look for ways to increase my cash flow. Right now most of my stocks are safe picks like proctor and gamble which in ten years I never lost money on but these types of stocks have a slow climb up. I do think we might be heading for a correction but I am merely looking to make my future more comfortable, I don't expect to hit it big. I think we should all prepare for the future and stocks are one decent option to do so.
    I'm not knocking for those that do well, but the markets are run by machines these days and even bad news can push them higher on a handout of free money from the Fed. It's just massive fraud and it should only be used if you regard it as an actual casino. To put pensions in such a place, for instance, is cataclysmic. I've never invested in the stock market and have no desire to do so. I believe in hard assets only.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    22,965
    Mentioned
    865 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1092
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    A decent chicken stock is the basis of many a great recipe as are beef and fish stock to a lesser degree.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,348
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1713
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: stocks

    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    I actually understand where you are coming from miles but I have had stocks go from thirty to ninety dollars overnight. To clarify, I am not rich but I do look for ways to increase my cash flow. Right now most of my stocks are safe picks like proctor and gamble which in ten years I never lost money on but these types of stocks have a slow climb up. I do think we might be heading for a correction but I am merely looking to make my future more comfortable, I don't expect to hit it big. I think we should all prepare for the future and stocks are one decent option to do so.
    A few years ago your stock portfolio halved in value over the course of about a year. Due to the fucked up financial system we have now future massive busts are guaranteed to happen. Right now the market is at an all-time high. Maybe it would be a good idea to sell up at some point when you think the market has maxed out, stay holding cash and wait for the market to crash again, then buy the dip.

    I know almost nothing about individual stocks but big brand firms like Proctor and Gamble are going to suffer massive attrition from generics and supermarket brands over the next decades due to income inequality forcing people to save money by buying the own-brand stuff.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    58,275
    Mentioned
    1533 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2766
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: stocks

    Buy property it is safer, secure and better value for money.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-30-2006, 06:41 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2020 Saddo Boxing - Boxing