Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30

Thread: Floyd Mayweather vs. Felix Trinidad.

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    895
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    395
    Cool Clicks

    Default Floyd Mayweather vs. Felix Trinidad.

    Who would have won at 147?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,396
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    481
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Floyd Mayweather vs. Felix Trinidad.

    Love Tito but Floyd boxes him silly, in my opinion. Faster than Oscar and MUCH better stamina. Horrible match up for Tito. Looks like when Floyd beat the brakes off Chico but with less knock downs and no stoppage.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    9,493
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1073
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Floyd Mayweather vs. Felix Trinidad.

    Gotta go with Floyd. Too fast, too skilled, too smart. Tito's not touching him with that left hook.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,788
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    614
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Floyd Mayweather vs. Felix Trinidad.

    This is a joke thread right?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,396
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    481
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Floyd Mayweather vs. Felix Trinidad.

    Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    This is a joke thread right?
    You don't think Floyd stands a chance?!?!?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,788
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    614
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Floyd Mayweather vs. Felix Trinidad.

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    This is a joke thread right?
    You don't think Floyd stands a chance?!?!?
    HAHAHAaaaa!
    Tito had to cheat with loaded gloves to win.
    Look at how little power he had against Bernard.
    But loaded gloves won't take you far when you can't even hit your opponent.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    4,109
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    388
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Floyd Mayweather vs. Felix Trinidad.

    it would basically be a repeat of the winky fight.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    7,933
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1062
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Floyd Mayweather vs. Felix Trinidad.

    Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    This is a joke thread right?
    You don't think Floyd stands a chance?!?!?
    HAHAHAaaaa!
    Tito had to cheat with loaded gloves to win.
    Look at how little power he had against Bernard.
    But loaded gloves won't take you far when you can't even hit your opponent.
    Name a fighter that has seriously hurt Bernard.....ever....hell even Kovalev wasn't able to take out an ancient Hopkins, Trinidad never did a Margarito, even Nassim himself said that it wasn't the same situation as Margarito, it was only illegal in NY, and nothing was loaded about them, the type of wrapping style was still legal in Nevada where most of Trinidad's fights took place anyways, this is as relevant as when Floyd used hand injections

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    McAllen, Texas?
    Posts
    5,086
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    915
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Floyd Mayweather vs. Felix Trinidad.

    At welter, at his best, trinidad was very very good. He used both hands and hit very hard with each of them. Good jab and moved well, too. He beat up Oba carr with his jab and straight right. This would be a pretty good fight.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    57,225
    Mentioned
    1480 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2719
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Floyd Mayweather vs. Felix Trinidad.

    Tito decapitates Floyd with a left hook and finishes with a right.

    It is not Floyd's best weight to fight an elite welterweight like Tito who would be too big and powerful.

    Floyd will present problems early but Tito wold get him in the end.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    9,493
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1073
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Floyd Mayweather vs. Felix Trinidad.

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Tito decapitates Floyd with a left hook and finishes with a right.

    It is not Floyd's best weight to fight an elite welterweight like Tito who would be too big and powerful.

    Floyd will present problems early but Tito wold get him in the end.
    When has Floyd ever been hit with a flush left hook?

    He keeps that right hand plastered to his head. Tito's not hitting him with it, not a chance.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    57,225
    Mentioned
    1480 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2719
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Floyd Mayweather vs. Felix Trinidad.

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Tito decapitates Floyd with a left hook and finishes with a right.

    It is not Floyd's best weight to fight an elite welterweight like Tito who would be too big and powerful.

    Floyd will present problems early but Tito wold get him in the end.
    When has Floyd ever been hit with a flush left hook?

    He keeps that right hand plastered to his head. Tito's not hitting him with it, not a chance.
    Tito needs one opportunity and when he lands he would finish him. Shane let him off the hook. Tito would not.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    20,916
    Mentioned
    453 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1656
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Floyd Mayweather vs. Felix Trinidad.

    Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    This is a joke thread right?
    You don't think Floyd stands a chance?!?!?
    HAHAHAaaaa!
    Tito had to cheat with loaded gloves to win.
    Look at how little power he had against Bernard.
    But loaded gloves won't take you far when you can't even hit your opponent.
    Name a fighter that has seriously hurt Bernard.....ever....hell even Kovalev wasn't able to take out an ancient Hopkins, Trinidad never did a Margarito, even Nassim himself said that it wasn't the same situation as Margarito, it was only illegal in NY, and nothing was loaded about them, the type of wrapping style was still legal in Nevada where most of Trinidad's fights took place anyways, this is as relevant as when Floyd used hand injections


    Why do you even bother with this pea-brain?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    4,580
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    399
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Tito decapitates Floyd with a left hook and finishes with a right.

    It is not Floyd's best weight to fight an elite welterweight like Tito who would be too big and powerful.

    Floyd will present problems early but Tito wold get him in the end.
    When has Floyd ever been hit with a flush left hook?

    He keeps that right hand plastered to his head. Tito's not hitting him with it, not a chance.
    Tito needs one opportunity and when he lands he would finish him. Shane let him off the hook. Tito would not.
    Beanflicker has you here man. Tito may get him but it definitely wouldn't be with the left hook. It just doesn't work against that defense. Shane used proper technique to get him good, good on him. But he certainly didn't let Floyd off the hook. Floyd had taken back control by the end of that very round. Floyd did that. Why do boxing fans insist on making excuses rather than acknowledging what happened?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    39,028
    Mentioned
    342 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4736
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Floyd Mayweather vs. Felix Trinidad.

    Tito was too tightly wound and tall for his own good and I think Mayweathers speed and accuracy..along with his willingness to stink it out...would leave Tito in some bad lurches to get painted. Constantly forced to reset. Tito was remarkable but also had glaring patterns and sketchy footwork vs speed.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Ike Quartey vs Felix Trinidad
    By ICB in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-19-2008, 10:53 AM
  2. Felix Trinidad
    By ono in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-18-2007, 04:21 PM
  3. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 09-04-2007, 09:56 PM
  4. Felix trinidad
    By Tito BHB in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-09-2007, 01:01 PM
  5. Felix Trinidad (prime) vs. Mayweather (today)
    By killersheep in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-13-2006, 06:31 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing