Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 112

Thread: Deontay Wilder vs. Eric Molina

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,156
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    517
    Cool Clicks

    Default Deontay Wilder vs. Eric Molina

    Eric Molina is a disappointing opponent for Wilder's first title defense.

    Tony Thompson, Artur Szpilka or Chris Arreola would have been better.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    58,976
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2997
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Deontay Wilder vs. Eric Molina

    He doesn't want to mess up his pay day vs the Wlad-Fury winner.....I mean vs Wlad, because we ALL know Tyson Fury is a joke
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    9,493
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1072
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Deontay Wilder vs. Eric Molina

    The guy Arreola starched a few years back in the 1st round? wtf... smh....
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    58,976
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2997
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Deontay Wilder vs. Eric Molina

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    The guy Arreola starched a few years back in the 1st round? wtf... smh....
    Wilder DID just have his first full 12 rounder ever so doesn't he deserve an easy 1st defense?





    God wouldn't it be horrible if Molina starches him
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    9,493
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1072
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Deontay Wilder vs. Eric Molina

    People rag on Floyd's competition but I don't remember him defending against a guy of Eric Molina calibre, at least not in the last 10 years.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    9,793
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1129
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    The guy Arreola starched a few years back in the 1st round? wtf... smh....
    Wilder DID just have his first full 12 rounder ever so doesn't he deserve an easy 1st defense?





    God wouldn't it be horrible if Molina starches him
    Lol yes that would suck big time.

    I second that Fury is a joke as far as being elite.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,156
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    517
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Deontay Wilder vs. Eric Molina


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    38,998
    Mentioned
    342 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4734
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Deontay Wilder vs. Eric Molina

    I don't understand what they are doing with this guy. Where is the massive publicity tour..the talk show appearances? I get a hometown splash, but why run back to a seating capacity of 3k in some Expo Hall. Molina sadly enough can pass as one of his top 3 opponents. Guess they need to hurry to grease and cheat to get Molina ranked in wbc top 10..because right now he's not.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    58,976
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2997
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Deontay Wilder vs. Eric Molina

    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I don't understand what they are doing with this guy. Where is the massive publicity tour..the talk show appearances? I get a hometown splash, but why run back to a seating capacity of 3k in some Expo Hall. Molina sadly enough can pass as one of his top 3 opponents. Guess they need to hurry to grease and cheat to get Molina ranked in wbc top 10..because right now he's not.
    He's won a title and vs a good fighter in Bermane Stiverne BUT he still seems very Michael Grant-ish. What happens if he's not able to land the big right cross? What happens when HE gets stung by a punch? What happens if another guy comes in a throws will bad intentions at him?


    Wilder could be anything at this point in his career
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    38,998
    Mentioned
    342 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4734
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Deontay Wilder vs. Eric Molina

    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I don't understand what they are doing with this guy. Where is the massive publicity tour..the talk show appearances? I get a hometown splash, but why run back to a seating capacity of 3k in some Expo Hall. Molina sadly enough can pass as one of his top 3 opponents. Guess they need to hurry to grease and cheat to get Molina ranked in wbc top 10..because right now he's not.
    He's won a title and vs a good fighter in Bermane Stiverne BUT he still seems very Michael Grant-ish. What happens if he's not able to land the big right cross? What happens when HE gets stung by a punch? What happens if another guy comes in a throws will bad intentions at him?


    Wilder could be anything at this point in his career
    All very valid questions, still. Was more impressed by him FINALLY going beyond 4 rounds last out, stamina, than anything he took or his power. Honestly though for all of Grants short comings and hype machine...he was more sturdy and just solid two handed puncher compared. To me at least. He answered just about every question prior to Lewis cave in for the most part. Had a ram rod jab, put punches together, had been cut up, fouled, wobbled and dropped a couple and roared back to win.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    57,201
    Mentioned
    1480 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2718
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Deontay Wilder vs. Eric Molina

    Wilder is staying busy and active and if he does fight a couple more times this year great news.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    58,976
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2997
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Deontay Wilder vs. Eric Molina

    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I don't understand what they are doing with this guy. Where is the massive publicity tour..the talk show appearances? I get a hometown splash, but why run back to a seating capacity of 3k in some Expo Hall. Molina sadly enough can pass as one of his top 3 opponents. Guess they need to hurry to grease and cheat to get Molina ranked in wbc top 10..because right now he's not.
    He's won a title and vs a good fighter in Bermane Stiverne BUT he still seems very Michael Grant-ish. What happens if he's not able to land the big right cross? What happens when HE gets stung by a punch? What happens if another guy comes in a throws will bad intentions at him?


    Wilder could be anything at this point in his career
    All very valid questions, still. Was more impressed by him FINALLY going beyond 4 rounds last out, stamina, than anything he took or his power. Honestly though for all of Grants short comings and hype machine...he was more sturdy and just solid two handed puncher compared. To me at least. He answered just about every question prior to Lewis cave in for the most part. Had a ram rod jab, put punches together, had been cut up, fouled, wobbled and dropped a couple and roared back to win.
    Michael Grant simply got fed to the lion of the division in Lennox Lewis. He gave it a good go, the heart was willing but he just couldn't beat Lewis and yes Michael Grant DOES get more stick than he deserves but after that Lewis fight he was just done.

    Wilder answered a few questions, but hell did anything other than Wilder's punches move Bermane's head? He had the high guard up, but 0 absolutely 0 head movement! Bermane loaded up on punches, he threw wide, he threw telegraphed shots....Wlad won't do that, other top fighters won't do that. Molina has some pop....not enough, surely not enough to get to Wilder, but if Deontay lets that belt go to his head then we'll see an upset sooner rather than later.
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    12,646
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1045
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Deontay Wilder vs. Eric Molina

    Terrible first defence, there are a few guys who would have probably been available for sure(like Thompson or Arreola) so I don't get it. I personally was impressed with Wilder against Stiverne. He showed some boxing ability, and that he was able to throw power shots not just past 4 but over 12, really surprised me. He did come a little bit unglued by the late rounds if memory serves, but Stiverne showed a hell of a chin to even get there. I don't think to many people in the division would take a lot of flush shots from Wilder, and certainly not Wlad. Now I think Wlad beats Wilder, but if they do it with a ref who doesn't allow much horseshit its a VERY dangerous fight for him imo.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4,745
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    513
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Deontay Wilder vs. Eric Molina

    What did we expect? I have seen much better, but also have seen much worse.

    Wlad vs. Pianetta and Mormeck AND Leapai were 100000 x's worse.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

    Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    58,976
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2997
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Deontay Wilder vs. Eric Molina

    Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    What did we expect? I have seen much better, but also have seen much worse.

    Wlad vs. Pianetta and Mormeck AND Leapai were 100000 x's worse.
    Pianeta was undefeated #1 and it was very good of Wlad to give a title shot to a guy who had recovered from cancer and really gotten back and done very well in the division albeit against limited competition. Pianeta put in a good effort, but was outclassed, he got a big pay day and he was ranked fairly high as well.

    Mormeck I think was a stylistic match for Wlad to prepare for Povetkin, Boytsov, and maybe Chisora as they all are similar in stature and style. Yeah this as an optional defense was sucky, I agree.

    For THE last fucking time Leapai was a mandatory for beating Boytsov, it was going to be the undefeated Boytsov vs Wlad, but Leapai beat Boytsov....there was 0 Wlad had to do with that fight, he only took it so he could keep his WBO title. How do people forget that?
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. ... and yet still about Deontay Wilder:
    By ykdadamaja in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 07-04-2014, 10:49 PM
  2. Deontay Wilder?
    By beenKOed in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 03-09-2013, 08:30 PM
  3. I think Deontay Wilder is now the top HW in the U.S.
    By rjj tszyu in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 01-19-2013, 07:04 AM
  4. Deontay Wilder
    By gest12645 in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-05-2011, 08:44 PM
  5. So, Deontay Wilder?
    By OumaFan in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-22-2009, 01:42 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing