Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 48

Thread: I have this defend/attack thing going with Floyd.

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Antelope Valley, California
    Posts
    5,048
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    487
    Cool Clicks

    Unhappy I have this defend/attack thing going with Floyd.

    I'm, absolutely, not going to call it a love/hate relationship for obvious reasons.
    Every time somebody trys to tell us how bad, boring, stupid, or light punching Floyd is, I feel compelled to defend him. I'll say something about how he makes very good fighters look bad, always figures out a way to win, and makes more money than any fighter ever has, while always winning.
    On the other hand, when someone try's to tell us that Floyd is the best ever, his fights are all things of beauty, and if you don't agree you are a racist pig I feel compelled to attack Floyd. I'll say something about how Floyd is the most predictable fighter ever, his fights are usually exciting for 2 or 3 rounds and then he starts picking them apart, watching Floyd fight is like watching a traffic signal you always know what's coming next.
    Anybody else have this defend/attack thing going on with Floyd.😍😡

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,778
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    606
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: I have this defend/attack thing going with Floyd.

    If he is so predictable, why has no one been able to capitalize on his simple traffic light like pattern?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Antelope Valley, California
    Posts
    5,048
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    487
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    If he is so predictable, why has no one been able to capitalize on his simple traffic light like pattern?
    Sir, read the entire post. Do you really think the thread is about badmouthing Floyd?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    9,493
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1066
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: I have this defend/attack thing going with Floyd.

    Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    If he is so predictable, why has no one been able to capitalize on his simple traffic light like pattern?
    Sir, read the entire post. Do you really think the thread is about badmouthing Floyd?
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Antelope Valley, California
    Posts
    5,048
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    487
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    If he is so predictable, why has no one been able to capitalize on his simple traffic light like pattern?
    Sir, read the entire post. Do you really think the thread is about badmouthing Floyd?
    Typical, and disappointingly nut huggerish. 😁

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    9,493
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1066
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: I have this defend/attack thing going with Floyd.

    That's a fine way to talk about your mother lolol

    /thread
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,778
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    606
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: I have this defend/attack thing going with Floyd.

    Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    If he is so predictable, why has no one been able to capitalize on his simple traffic light like pattern?
    Sir, read the entire post. Do you really think the thread is about badmouthing Floyd?
    Did I suggest your post was bad mouthing Floyd? I'm pointing out that he must not be as predictable as you suggest. That is all.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    6,156
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1122
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: I have this defend/attack thing going with Floyd.

    Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    I'm, absolutely, not going to call it a love/hate relationship for obvious reasons.
    Every time somebody trys to tell us how bad, boring, stupid, or light punching Floyd is, I feel compelled to defend him. I'll say something about how he makes very good fighters look bad, always figures out a way to win, and makes more money than any fighter ever has, while always winning.
    On the other hand, when someone try's to tell us that Floyd is the best ever, his fights are all things of beauty, and if you don't agree you are a racist pig I feel compelled to attack Floyd. I'll say something about how Floyd is the most predictable fighter ever, his fights are usually exciting for 2 or 3 rounds and then he starts picking them apart, watching Floyd fight is like watching a traffic signal you always know what's coming next.
    Anybody else have this defend/attack thing going on with Floyd.😍😡
    I've kinda swung. I used to hate him, but you have to appreciate the skill it takes to dominate so many top fighters. For me I've come to enjoy his fights because watching him pick top fighters apart by hitting and not getting hit is special, the guy is a master of his craft. I've come to accept Wladimir Klitschko for the same reason. It seems the formula to beat Wlad is simple, get inside and bang him on his glass chin but nobody has been able to do it in a long time. While their fights seem boring, it's only boring because it's not competitive. You may not enjoy watching it, but dominating an era deserves to be respected and appreciated.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Antelope Valley, California
    Posts
    5,048
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    487
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    If fhe is so predictable, why has no one been able to capitalize on his simple traffic light like pattern?a
    Sir, read the entire post. Do you really think the thread is about badmouthing Floyd?
    Did I suggest your post was bad mouthing Floyd? I'm pointing out that he must not be as predictable as you suggest. That is all.
    You asking for an apology? If so, I'm sorry. Your post was not as nut huggerish as I thought. Lol

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Antelope Valley, California
    Posts
    5,048
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    487
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    If fhe is so predictable, why has no one been able to capitalize on his simSple traffic light like pattern?a
    Sir, read the entire post. Do you really think the thread is about badmouthing Floyd?
    Did I suggest your post was bad mouthing Floyd? I'm pointing out that he must not be as predictable as you suggest. That is all.
    You asking for an apology? If so, I'm sorry. Your post was not as nut huggerish as I thought. Lol

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,659
    Mentioned
    611 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    581
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: I have this defend/attack thing going with Floyd.

    Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    I'm, absolutely, not going to call it a love/hate relationship for obvious reasons.
    Every time somebody trys to tell us how bad, boring, stupid, or light punching Floyd is, I feel compelled to defend him. I'll say something about how he makes very good fighters look bad, always figures out a way to win, and makes more money than any fighter ever has, while always winning.
    On the other hand, when someone try's to tell us that Floyd is the best ever, his fights are all things of beauty, and if you don't agree you are a racist pig I feel compelled to attack Floyd. I'll say something about how Floyd is the most predictable fighter ever, his fights are usually exciting for 2 or 3 rounds and then he starts picking them apart, watching Floyd fight is like watching a traffic signal you always know what's coming next.
    Anybody else have this defend/attack thing going on with Floyd.😍😡
    I've kinda swung. I used to hate him, but you have to appreciate the skill it takes to dominate so many top fighters. For me I've come to enjoy his fights because watching him pick top fighters apart by hitting and not getting hit is special, the guy is a master of his craft. I've come to accept Wladimir Klitschko for the same reason. It seems the formula to beat Wlad is simple, get inside and bang him on his glass chin but nobody has been able to do it in a long time. While their fights seem boring, it's only boring because it's not competitive. You may not enjoy watching it, but dominating an era deserves to be respected and appreciated.
    Dude, great post, I could have written the exact same thing you wrote and meant every word. Thanks, very well said. I feel the same about both Wlad and Floyd although Floyd I've always appreciated but Wlad took more time fir me to appreciate him, which I do very much so now, also, he seems like a decent guy in interviews I've seen.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    6,156
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1122
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: I have this defend/attack thing going with Floyd.

    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    I'm, absolutely, not going to call it a love/hate relationship for obvious reasons.
    Every time somebody trys to tell us how bad, boring, stupid, or light punching Floyd is, I feel compelled to defend him. I'll say something about how he makes very good fighters look bad, always figures out a way to win, and makes more money than any fighter ever has, while always winning.
    On the other hand, when someone try's to tell us that Floyd is the best ever, his fights are all things of beauty, and if you don't agree you are a racist pig I feel compelled to attack Floyd. I'll say something about how Floyd is the most predictable fighter ever, his fights are usually exciting for 2 or 3 rounds and then he starts picking them apart, watching Floyd fight is like watching a traffic signal you always know what's coming next.
    Anybody else have this defend/attack thing going on with Floyd.😍😡
    I've kinda swung. I used to hate him, but you have to appreciate the skill it takes to dominate so many top fighters. For me I've come to enjoy his fights because watching him pick top fighters apart by hitting and not getting hit is special, the guy is a master of his craft. I've come to accept Wladimir Klitschko for the same reason. It seems the formula to beat Wlad is simple, get inside and bang him on his glass chin but nobody has been able to do it in a long time. While their fights seem boring, it's only boring because it's not competitive. You may not enjoy watching it, but dominating an era deserves to be respected and appreciated.
    Dude, great post, I could have written the exact same thing you wrote and meant every word. Thanks, very well said. I feel the same about both Wlad and Floyd although Floyd I've always appreciated but Wlad took more time fir me to appreciate him, which I do very much so now, also, he seems like a decent guy in interviews I've seen.
    Thanks dude, I think sometimes quality is lost on some people on this forum. I've been guilty of it to in the past, so I can't over-criticize. Sometimes fighters prove you wrong.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    56,892
    Mentioned
    1464 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2705
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: I have this defend/attack thing going with Floyd.

    I have an attack attack thing for Floyd. He is an ATG not TBE and he does not stand to scrutiny for that accolade. He is a prick outside the ring and provides no entertainment value inside. The sooner he retires the better. He is obscenely overpaid for what he does in that ring.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,778
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    606
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    Highest paid athlete in the world 3 years running.

    Highest paid boxer ever.

    Most PPVs ever.

    Rich as fuck.

    Healthy.

    In charge of own career.

    48-0.

    Titles in 5 weight divisions.

    Must be doing something right. No one else in the sport can claim half of those things.

    Who is The Betterest Ever?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    3,795
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: I have this defend/attack thing going with Floyd.

    Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    Highest paid athlete in the world 3 years running.

    Highest paid boxer ever.

    Most PPVs ever.

    Rich as fuck.

    Healthy.

    In charge of own career.

    48-0.

    Titles in 5 weight divisions.

    Must be doing something right. No one else in the sport can claim half of those things.

    Who is The Betterest Ever?
    "Hey Dickless Dicko"

    "I make much more money than that 'Old Man', and I don't have to take a single punch."



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. how to defend hook?
    By newbieboxer in forum Ask the Trainer
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-03-2014, 04:15 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-09-2007, 10:49 PM
  3. All You Floyd Haters Remember One Thing
    By JT Rock in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 11-23-2007, 04:22 PM
  4. One thing that offended me about Floyd
    By Mad_Dog in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 05-11-2007, 04:06 AM
  5. MOVED: One thing that offended me about Floyd
    By Mad_Dog in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-07-2007, 02:38 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing