Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: Obama legacy

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,932
    Mentioned
    628 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Obama legacy

    One issue is these damn executive orders.Barry from Hawaii, which is obamas name, the passed so many progressive executive orders trump will need to void them with counter executive orders. Some are making way to the courts and being shot down but it's a long process. Obama passed them because of gridlock but they override the process. Presidents have restrictions with what he can do in a executive order but they can be struck down by the judicial branch branch. They have a place but I would like to see presidents use this less frequently

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    9,476
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    666
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    Obama care you American's are fucking mad not supporting this you need to stop and think.
    Any health care is a good thing Americans left there old countries for a new life, but return to values of there old masters very strange indeed.!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,932
    Mentioned
    628 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Obama legacy

    Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Obama care you American's are fucking mad not supporting this you need to stop and think.
    Any health care is a good thing Americans left there old countries for a new life, but return to values of there old masters very strange indeed.!
    Dia it may sound good on paper but since Obama passed the law the middle class is paying in many cases 3,000 dollars more a year than before. If your at poverty level your ok with health care everyone else is screwed

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    9,476
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    666
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Obama care you American's are fucking mad not supporting this you need to stop and think.
    Any health care is a good thing Americans left there old countries for a new life, but return to values of there old masters very strange indeed.!
    Dia it may sound good on paper but since Obama passed the law the middle class is paying in many cases 3,000 dollars more a year than before. If your at poverty level your ok with health care everyone else is screwed
    We have the NHS we all pay in its a good thing I get free prescription meds, with some of the things I have had would have been fucked simple.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,126
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    247
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Obama legacy

    Obamacare will ruin his legacy. Otherwise I didn't think he was THAT bad. He has blood on his hands, which is where it should be if you're the leader of the free world.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,932
    Mentioned
    628 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Obama legacy

    Quote Originally Posted by vidgil View Post
    Obamacare will ruin his legacy. Otherwise I didn't think he was THAT bad. He has blood on his hands, which is where it should be if you're the leader of the free world.
    I disagree he didn't follow through on what he said, was very divisive and overrode the legislation which is supposed to be the people. He had a negative reaction to foreign relations treating the rouges with a carrot but no stick. All and all I don't think he did much for America other than show where the voters are on race

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Ex'way to your Skull
    Posts
    25,024
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Obama legacy

    He was the most divisive president this country has ever had. He talked down to the police and he demoralize the police and he ratcheted up hatred towards the police in the general population. Several of his Democratic left-wing liberal Mayors across the country have also done a disservice to the police forces which are protecting the very ghettos that claim them to be racist

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    59,010
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2999
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Obama legacy

    A few things....

    #1 Obamacare's sole purpose was to speed up the collapse of the Health Insurance industry so that single payer would be the wave of the future....I'd say it's doing a great job of fucking up the system so bad that it needs an IMMEDIATE correction and that is up to congress to do.

    #2 The Obama legacy is that the people who supported ANYTHING Obama wanted to do are intolerant idiots and it has been a wonderful thing to see them melt down, but I do wonder how long this fucking meltdown will last
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    57,224
    Mentioned
    1480 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2719
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Obama legacy

    Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    He was the most divisive president this country has ever had. He talked down to the police and he demoralize the police and he ratcheted up hatred towards the police in the general population. Several of his Democratic left-wing liberal Mayors across the country have also done a disservice to the police forces which are protecting the very ghettos that claim them to be racist
    Or he exposed the injustice and unaccountability of these killings.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    59,010
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2999
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Obama legacy

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Or he exposed the injustice and unaccountability of these killings.
    Mike Brown ATTACKED an Officer after Mike Brown committed a strong armed robbery Mike Brown also reached for the Officer's sidearm and a shot was discharged in the vehicle.....but the white man, the police, the "system" as a whole is to blame for Mike Brown being shot and killed? NO, MIKE BROWN is to blame for MIKE BROWN being shot and killed.


    If there truly are injustices and officers who need to be held accountable then pick some better martyrs than Mike Brown and Trayvon Martin....1. Trayvon was beating George Zimmerman's head into the sidewalk and Zimmerman shot Trayvon 2. Zimmerman isn't a law enforcement officer 3. Just because I don't think Zimmerman murdered Trayvon Martin doesn't mean I think George Zimmerman is the greatest nicest person to walk God's green earth....it means I don't think it's a homicide because I do believe Zimmerman was in fear for his life.

    Now we can go on down the line. Eric Garner....was that excessive force? He wasn't shot he HAD been arrested many a time before he knew how things worked but he resisted arrest....now that said I don't think the government should be bloodthirsty about tax revenue and yeah that is what that encounter was about, the Mayor said "Bust those guys selling loose cigarettes" and that was Eric Garner and it's a fucking shame that he died because the cops were called to put a stop to what he was doing.
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,126
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    247
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Obama legacy

    The way that he threw law enforcement under the bus was sickening!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    20,910
    Mentioned
    453 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1656
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Obama legacy

    I have a hard believing any arguments from those who feel Obama did EVERYTHING WRONG, just like I'm aware of his many screwups. There's the proverbial rose-tinted glasses, worn by those who see nothing wrong in their man... and there must be another color of tint I'm not aware of, worn by those who are the exact opposite. Sorry, but arguments are all the more credible when not accompanied by hate. Otherwise, it all sounds like a deep growling sound.

    I berate one side, but I also do the other. Before the avalanche of Obama haters flows in, let me say I've defended Trump from exactly the same treatment, which he's already receiving and he hasn't even taken office yet. Give the man a chance, I say. I'm actually hoping for the best, because as I've said before the whole country will benefit.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,126
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    247
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Obama legacy

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I have a hard believing any arguments from those who feel Obama did EVERYTHING WRONG, just like I'm aware of his many screwups. There's the proverbial rose-tinted glasses, worn by those who see nothing wrong in their man... and there must be another color of tint I'm not aware of, worn by those who are the exact opposite. Sorry, but arguments are all the more credible when not accompanied by hate. Otherwise, it all sounds like a deep growling sound.

    I berate one side, but I also do the other. Before the avalanche of Obama haters flows in, let me say I've defended Trump from exactly the same treatment, which he's already receiving and he hasn't even taken office yet. Give the man a chance, I say. I'm actually hoping for the best, because as I've said before the whole country will benefit.
    It depends what people choose to focus on, I guess!

    I can go on and on about what Obama did wrong, but I can do the same for Bush and Bill Clinton too!

    Overall I don't think he was THAT bad!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    20,910
    Mentioned
    453 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1656
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Obama legacy

    Quote Originally Posted by vidgil View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I have a hard believing any arguments from those who feel Obama did EVERYTHING WRONG, just like I'm aware of his many screwups. There's the proverbial rose-tinted glasses, worn by those who see nothing wrong in their man... and there must be another color of tint I'm not aware of, worn by those who are the exact opposite. Sorry, but arguments are all the more credible when not accompanied by hate. Otherwise, it all sounds like a deep growling sound.

    I berate one side, but I also do the other. Before the avalanche of Obama haters flows in, let me say I've defended Trump from exactly the same treatment, which he's already receiving and he hasn't even taken office yet. Give the man a chance, I say. I'm actually hoping for the best, because as I've said before the whole country will benefit.
    It depends what people choose to focus on, I guess!

    I can go on and on about what Obama did wrong, but I can do the same for Bush and Bill Clinton too!

    Overall I don't think he was THAT bad!


    With that kind of mentality, I'd be more likely to accept arguments of what Obama did wrong, because they're based in objectivity. When you have someone who hated Obama since Day One, for whatever reason.... that's when I'm most skeptical.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,126
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    247
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Obama legacy

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    With that kind of mentality, I'd be more likely to accept arguments of what Obama did wrong, because they're based in objectivity. When you have someone who hated Obama since Day One, for whatever reason.... that's when I'm most skeptical.
    A lot of the things he did that I didn't like, I could understand because obviously he is a politician and was doing/saying what he felt his supporters wanted. He didn't do anything that shocked me.

    Obama will be viewed with rose colored glasses by most because he was the first black president and he was charismatic and squeaky clean, which was enough to satisfy the majority of people. And Michelle was much the same way - very smart, eloquent and well spoken. No big scandals or embarrassments.

    But at the end of the day, Obamacare will go down as an epic failure and he didn't unite the country like he was supposed to, in fact all he did was fuel the flames. Far from a great president IMO, but not one of the worst like a lot of people say. Just my opinion!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. legacy vs money
    By FinitoElDinamita in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-30-2013, 06:42 PM
  2. What will Hatton's legacy be?
    By CFH in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 09-22-2008, 02:40 PM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-31-2008, 10:47 PM
  4. BHOP's LEGACY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    By Julius Rain in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-23-2007, 04:16 PM

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing