Ok @Master , back to boxing.
1. Canelo doesn't fight GGG. DLH says the fight is still marinating, meaning GGG hasn't gotten sufficiently old yet.
2. Cotto retires after 2017. (Actually I cheated on this one, since he already said it).
3. AJ pulverizes Wlad, who proceeds to go out as a KTFO victim, drawing comparisons to Corrie Sanders fight.
4. Fury putters around... rejects fight with AJ, aims toward Wilder instead. Fight is made for 2018.
5. Ward doesn't fight in 2017. Fans hope for 2018... but that won't happen either.
As for non-boxing:
1. Patriots - Cowboys in the Super Bowl. Patriots win it.
2. Puerto Rico wins the 2017 World Baseball Classic.
3. Monica Puig wins a major tennis tournament. (ok, that sounds like a stretch, but she did get gold at the Olympics).
4. Cubs repeat as World Series champions. (I know some people don't like the name, but it's older than dirt. I don't mind it. Besides, we all know the WBC is the real World Series).
5. Tiger Woods retires.... Trump Tweets about it.
Speaking of Trump...............
1. Trump makes it through 2017 on the momentum of his election victory. However, seams start to become strained toward end of the year when reality sets in about just how tough it is to be POTUS (the election was more fun than the job itself). International relations suffer.
2. Putin ramps up ass-kissing of Trump.... offers Russia will pay for half of cost to build Trump Tower in Moscow.
3. Kim Jong-un slips on a banana peel and kills himself. Ok, maybe that's too harsh. Slips on a banana peel and concusses himself into another personality. Wakes up to declare total nuclear disarmament and peace with South Korea.
(by now, it's obvious some of these will never happen right?)
4. ISIS leadership splinters into two separate factions and they begin internal bickering and power struggles, leading to an eventual implosion of the whole thing by 2018.
5. Brexit...... uhh..... ok, won't touch that one.