Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  50
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 115

Thread: Predictions

Share/Bookmark
  1. #16
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    23,774
    Mentioned
    512 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1792
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: 2017 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    This thread is not going as I planned. You lot are ruining it.


    Ok @Master , back to boxing.


    1. Canelo doesn't fight GGG. DLH says the fight is still marinating, meaning GGG hasn't gotten sufficiently old yet.

    2. Cotto retires after 2017. (Actually I cheated on this one, since he already said it).

    3. AJ pulverizes Wlad, who proceeds to go out as a KTFO victim, drawing comparisons to Corrie Sanders fight.

    4. Fury putters around... rejects fight with AJ, aims toward Wilder instead. Fight is made for 2018.

    5. Ward doesn't fight in 2017. Fans hope for 2018... but that won't happen either.



    As for non-boxing:


    1. Patriots - Cowboys in the Super Bowl. Patriots win it.

    2. Puerto Rico wins the 2017 World Baseball Classic.

    3. Monica Puig wins a major tennis tournament. (ok, that sounds like a stretch, but she did get gold at the Olympics).

    4. Cubs repeat as World Series champions. (I know some people don't like the name, but it's older than dirt. I don't mind it. Besides, we all know the WBC is the real World Series).

    5. Tiger Woods retires.... Trump Tweets about it.


    Speaking of Trump...............


    1. Trump makes it through 2017 on the momentum of his election victory. However, seams start to become strained toward end of the year when reality sets in about just how tough it is to be POTUS (the election was more fun than the job itself). International relations suffer.

    2. Putin ramps up ass-kissing of Trump.... offers Russia will pay for half of cost to build Trump Tower in Moscow.

    3. Kim Jong-un slips on a banana peel and kills himself. Ok, maybe that's too harsh. Slips on a banana peel and concusses himself into another personality. Wakes up to declare total nuclear disarmament and peace with South Korea.


    (by now, it's obvious some of these will never happen right?)


    4. ISIS leadership splinters into two separate factions and they begin internal bickering and power struggles, leading to an eventual implosion of the whole thing by 2018.

    5. Brexit...... uhh..... ok, won't touch that one.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    60,181
    Mentioned
    1601 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2846
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: 2017 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    What are your predictions for 2017 in sport, life, politics and anything else.

    (This thread will be stickied and we can laugh at some of the dumb predictions that primo and eric44 will make.)
    Hang on a minute Joker, I did just as well as you last year, and the ones I went for were nowhere near as obvious . I'll think about mine and come back to you.
    I can not find that thread to verify.
    My predictions are dumb, yet you are a forum mod and you can't find last years predictions! 😂😂😂
    Basically, you got 4 out of 9 and I got 3 and a half out of 9.
    So I got more than you.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  3. #18
    El Kabong Guest

    Default Re: 2017 Predictions

    https://www.yahoo.com/news/beheading...114819587.html

    That show won't last, but it SHOULD be a turning point in how terrorism is handled from a humor standpoint.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    6,798
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    544
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    What are your predictions for 2017 in sport, life, politics and anything else.

    (This thread will be stickied and we can laugh at some of the dumb predictions that primo and eric44 will make.)
    Hang on a minute Joker, I did just as well as you last year, and the ones I went for were nowhere near as obvious . I'll think about mine and come back to you.
    I can not find that thread to verify.
    My predictions are dumb, yet you are a forum mod and you can't find last years predictions! 😂😂😂
    Basically, you got 4 out of 9 and I got 3 and a half out of 9.
    So I got more than you.
    Yeah, but you picked all the obvious ones. I like to go for a bit of adventure! Some of mine last year, nobody except me saw happening. 😉

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    60,181
    Mentioned
    1601 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2846
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: 2017 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    What are your predictions for 2017 in sport, life, politics and anything else.

    (This thread will be stickied and we can laugh at some of the dumb predictions that primo and eric44 will make.)
    Hang on a minute Joker, I did just as well as you last year, and the ones I went for were nowhere near as obvious . I'll think about mine and come back to you.
    I can not find that thread to verify.
    My predictions are dumb, yet you are a forum mod and you can't find last years predictions! 😂😂😂
    Basically, you got 4 out of 9 and I got 3 and a half out of 9.
    So I got more than you.
    Yeah, but you picked all the obvious ones. I like to go for a bit of adventure! Some of mine last year, nobody except me saw happening. 😉
    Where is the thread?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    6,798
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    544
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: 2017 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    What are your predictions for 2017 in sport, life, politics and anything else.

    (This thread will be stickied and we can laugh at some of the dumb predictions that primo and eric44 will make.)
    Hang on a minute Joker, I did just as well as you last year, and the ones I went for were nowhere near as obvious . I'll think about mine and come back to you.
    I can not find that thread to verify.
    My predictions are dumb, yet you are a forum mod and you can't find last years predictions! 😂😂😂
    Basically, you got 4 out of 9 and I got 3 and a half out of 9.
    So I got more than you.
    Yeah, but you picked all the obvious ones. I like to go for a bit of adventure! Some of mine last year, nobody except me saw happening. 😉
    Where is the thread?
    I did a search for "Predictions 2016"! Doh!

  7. #22
    El Kabong Guest

    Default Re: 2017 Predictions

    Let's try my hand at this.....

    1. Trump's first year in office sees the economy go gangbusters and many jobs are added to the dismay of those who don't like the guy.
    2. Obama won't leave well enough alone and will continue to be the leader of the Democrats but at the expense of his relative popularity
    3. Relations with Russia become better than ever and the United States and Russia start tag teaming ISIS (doesn't THAT sound like a porn)
    4. The American Media continue to be a joke and repeatedly lie to and misinform the American public and the world
    5. The Golden State Warriors take out LeBron's Cavs in 6
    6. Liverpool finally win the Premier League Title
    7. Clemson beats Bama in the College Football National Championship
    8. Chiefs & Packers in the Super Bowl and the Packers win just like in Super Bowl 1
    9. Hillary will suffer some sort of health crisis and Americans will take a large sigh of relief knowing that jackass Tim Kaine is nowhere near the White House
    10. I will still have the most posts at Saddos and some people will find that offensive because THINK OF THE WOMENS

  8. #23
    El Kabong Guest

    Default Re: 2017 Predictions

    1 out of 10 so far

  9. #24
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    23,774
    Mentioned
    512 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1792
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: 2017 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Let's try my hand at this.....

    1. Trump's first year in office sees the economy go gangbusters and many jobs are added to the dismay of those who don't like the guy.

    8. Chiefs & Packers in the Super Bowl and the Packers win just like in Super Bowl 1


    Define "gangbusters" and "many". Some of us like numbers rather than adjectives.

    If neither makes it to the Super Bowl, is that two predictions wrong? I'll just counter with Patriots-Falcons.

  10. #25
    El Kabong Guest

    Default Re: 2017 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Define "gangbusters" and "many". Some of us like numbers rather than adjectives.

    If neither makes it to the Super Bowl, is that two predictions wrong? I'll just counter with Patriots-Falcons.
    We will see greater than or equal to 4% GDP growth in Donald Trump's first year as President....that ok? That numerical enough for you? It's hard for me to say how many jobs will be added, let's go with 700,000 by this time next year that's just a wild ass guess.



    Sure that'll be two predictions wrong if you like....also you just said Pats vs Cowboys in a previous post so is it Pats vs Cowboys or Pats vs Falcons? Also who wins?

  11. #26
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    23,774
    Mentioned
    512 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1792
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: 2017 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Define "gangbusters" and "many". Some of us like numbers rather than adjectives.

    If neither makes it to the Super Bowl, is that two predictions wrong? I'll just counter with Patriots-Falcons.
    We will see greater than or equal to 4% GDP growth in Donald Trump's first year as President....that ok? That numerical enough for you? It's hard for me to say how many jobs will be added, let's go with 700,000 by this time next year that's just a wild ass guess.



    Sure that'll be two predictions wrong if you like....also you just said Pats vs Cowboys in a previous post so is it Pats vs Cowboys or Pats vs Falcons? Also who wins?


    'Preciate the numbers, Lyle. See? That wasn't so hard was it?

    Ahh... I'm glad you're keeping track. Yes... you caught me there.

    Well, I'm pretty sure about the Pats in the AFC, but kinda torn in the NFC. Pretty sure it'll be the Cowboys and Falcons in the NFC title game... but let's go with my last prediction. Pats-Falcons in the Super Bowl and the Pats win.

  12. #27
    El Kabong Guest

    Default Re: 2017 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    'Preciate the numbers, Lyle. See? That wasn't so hard was it?

    Ahh... I'm glad you're keeping track. Yes... you caught me there.

    Well, I'm pretty sure about the Pats in the AFC, but kinda torn in the NFC. Pretty sure it'll be the Cowboys and Falcons in the NFC title game... but let's go with my last prediction. Pats-Falcons in the Super Bowl and the Pats win.
    No worries, it'll be interesting to see things unfold.


    Take all 3, it's fine by me I'm not in the running for Saddo's Prognosticator of the Year, far from it...I picked what I picked just out of thin air I haven't watched a single NFL game in ages. I just think it would be neat to have KC and Green Bay back in the big one. Paul Hornung and Len Dawson would trot out there and flip the coin. It would be fucking epic.


    I would have picked the Stanley Cup winners but you never know who will win that. The regular season and the playoffs in hockey are like 2 different seasons entirely.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Ex'way to your Skull
    Posts
    25,024
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: 2017 Predictions

    ODLH comes out of retirement to fight GGG and wins on a points decision.

    (I AM FUCKING SERIOUS).

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    In my own little Universe
    Posts
    9,684
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2052
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: 2017 Predictions

    Prince Phillip will die.

    The heavyweight title unification won't happen, but it just might in 2018

    The Labour Party in the U.K. will split and a new political party will be formed

    Another EU country will promise it's people a referendum on membership. For a bonus point, I predict it will be Italy.

    Amir Khan won't fight in 2017

    Chelsea will win the Premiership

    Novak Djokovic will end 2017 as world number one tennis player

    Russia will make provocative moves against the Baltic States, saying they are only concerned for the democratic rights of ethnic Russians living there.

    Assad will stay in power in Syria

    Francois Fillon will be elected President of France

    X will still be the funniest, most intelligent and generously endowed poster on Saddoboxing.


    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

  15. #30
    El Kabong Guest

    Default Re: 2017 Predictions


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. My predictions?!
    By BoxingGorilla in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-15-2013, 08:11 AM
  2. UFC 130 predictions
    By mattboxingfan in forum Mixed Martial Arts
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-04-2011, 01:21 PM
  3. Predictions?
    By mattboxingfan in forum Mixed Martial Arts
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-07-2011, 06:56 PM
  4. Predictions
    By Master in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-01-2010, 02:13 AM
  5. UFC 89 Predictions
    By TheTagTeamSupreme in forum Mixed Martial Arts
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-16-2008, 05:14 PM

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2020 Saddo Boxing - Boxing