Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  110
Dislikes Dislikes:  13

Poll: Some Cultures are better than others

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 362

Thread: Some cultures are better than others ? True, False, Impossible to answer conclusively

Share/Bookmark
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    38,620
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4720
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Some cultures are better than others ? True, False, Impossible to answer conclusi

    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I always get a kick out of someone trying to pigeon hole an entire 'culture' or boil it down to some headlines. It's a subject and definition that can very well end up like p4p subjectivity and sheer clusterfukery. It blurs into ethnicity and Nationality but can be much more about simply being a product of environment and immediate surroundings. Country or State wide etc. Just on massive numbers and global diversity, yes some are clearly 'better'. I don't eat people AND I drive on the sane side of the road so I by comparison am one awesome motherfucker .
    So there's cultural relevance and overall goodness that can come from wife beating? Do tell!
    Thought we went over this once before? No Lyle, you go immediately to an entire religion or Country (?) while in that instance I'm addressing personal experience. We are all so overly self righteous in our "never in my backyard" but I've heard and seen subtleties turning a blind eye or near condoning spousal abuse. Though it is not 'bred' in or taught, at least not directly, and those that do are shits. Simple as. I've seen wives and women beaten up close. Then I've seen said beater have his head pulled through his own arsehole and left in a heap . I'd encourage anyone witnessing such things to do the very same.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    38,620
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4720
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Some cultures are better than others ? True, False, Impossible to answer conclusi

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I always get a kick out of someone trying to pigeon hole an entire 'culture' or boil it down to some headlines. It's a subject and definition that can very well end up like p4p subjectivity and sheer clusterfukery. It blurs into ethnicity and Nationality but can be much more about simply being a product of environment and immediate surroundings. Country or State wide etc. Just on massive numbers and global diversity, yes some are clearly 'better'. I don't eat people AND I drive on the sane side of the road so I by comparison am one awesome motherfucker .
    I'm glad you now reside in England Randy and drive on the sane side of the road.
    Savages! The lot of ya . England when be a trip. I may get there before my cards pulled but the roads would be a complete mess. I've seen your "traditional" breakfast though, so I'm in!

    Yes the good old English Breakfast is good , however I must warn you , you do not get a whole hog and seven dozen eggs as with an American Breakfast.
    3 over easy eggs on hash browns and bacon and we're good to go. Save the beans though. Beans for breakfast would not sit well for others

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    In my own little Universe
    Posts
    8,939
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1928
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Some cultures are better than others ? True, False, Impossible to answer conclusi

    Impossible, I would think.

    Any human being, while viewing or analysing another culture, does so through the prism of their own culture and viewpoints.

    'Bettermeans totally different things to a Russian, a Chinese person, a Qatari, or to a Scotsman, so any proper calibration is logically impossible in my humble opinion.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    58,465
    Mentioned
    515 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2981
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Some cultures are better than others ? True, False, Impossible to answer conclusi

    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I always get a kick out of someone trying to pigeon hole an entire 'culture' or boil it down to some headlines. It's a subject and definition that can very well end up like p4p subjectivity and sheer clusterfukery. It blurs into ethnicity and Nationality but can be much more about simply being a product of environment and immediate surroundings. Country or State wide etc. Just on massive numbers and global diversity, yes some are clearly 'better'. I don't eat people AND I drive on the sane side of the road so I by comparison am one awesome motherfucker .
    So there's cultural relevance and overall goodness that can come from wife beating? Do tell!
    Thought we went over this once before? No Lyle, you go immediately to an entire religion or Country (?) while in that instance I'm addressing personal experience. We are all so overly self righteous in our "never in my backyard" but I've heard and seen subtleties turning a blind eye or near condoning spousal abuse. Though it is not 'bred' in or taught, at least not directly, and those that do are shits. Simple as. I've seen wives and women beaten up close. Then I've seen said beater have his head pulled through his own arsehole and left in a heap . I'd encourage anyone witnessing such things to do the very same.
    Challenge accepted.


    Defend the Aghori. You know, the folks who made Reza Aslan eat human brains. They cover themselves in cremated remains, and frequently dine on urine and excrement.

    The floor is yours, Spicoli, find the silver lining for us and enlighten me to the wisdom of the Aghori.
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Ex'way to your Skull
    Posts
    25,024
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Some cultures are better than others ? True, False, Impossible to answer conclusi

    Quote Originally Posted by el kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by el kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by spicoli View Post
    i always get a kick out of someone trying to pigeon hole an entire 'culture' or boil it down to some headlines. It's a subject and definition that can very well end up like p4p subjectivity and sheer clusterfukery. It blurs into ethnicity and nationality but can be much more about simply being a product of environment and immediate surroundings. Country or state wide etc. Just on massive numbers and global diversity, yes some are clearly 'better'. I don't eat people and i drive on the sane side of the road so i by comparison am one awesome motherfucker ;d.
    so there's cultural relevance and overall goodness that can come from wife beating? Do tell!
    thought we went over this once before? No lyle, you go immediately to an entire religion or country (?) while in that instance i'm addressing personal experience. We are all so overly self righteous in our "never in my backyard" but i've heard and seen subtleties turning a blind eye or near condoning spousal abuse. Though it is not 'bred' in or taught, at least not directly, and those that do are shits. Simple as. I've seen wives and women beaten up close. Then i've seen said beater have his head pulled through his own arsehole and left in a heap . I'd encourage anyone witnessing such things to do the very same.
    challenge accepted.


    Defend the aghori. You know, the folks who made reza aslan eat human brains. They cover themselves in cremated remains, and frequently dine on urine and excrement.

    The floor is yours, spicoli, find the silver lining for us and enlighten me to the wisdom of the aghori.
    **************whoops i disliked that post by accident************

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    21,142
    Mentioned
    788 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1023
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Some cultures are better than others ? True, False, Impossible to answer conclusi

    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I always get a kick out of someone trying to pigeon hole an entire 'culture' or boil it down to some headlines. It's a subject and definition that can very well end up like p4p subjectivity and sheer clusterfukery. It blurs into ethnicity and Nationality but can be much more about simply being a product of environment and immediate surroundings. Country or State wide etc. Just on massive numbers and global diversity, yes some are clearly 'better'. I don't eat people AND I drive on the sane side of the road so I by comparison am one awesome motherfucker .
    So there's cultural relevance and overall goodness that can come from wife beating? Do tell!
    Thought we went over this once before? No Lyle, you go immediately to an entire religion or Country (?) while in that instance I'm addressing personal experience. We are all so overly self righteous in our "never in my backyard" but I've heard and seen subtleties turning a blind eye or near condoning spousal abuse. Though it is not 'bred' in or taught, at least not directly, and those that do are shits. Simple as. I've seen wives and women beaten up close. Then I've seen said beater have his head pulled through his own arsehole and left in a heap . I'd encourage anyone witnessing such things to do the very same.
    Challenge accepted.


    Defend the Aghori. You know, the folks who made Reza Aslan eat human brains. They cover themselves in cremated remains, and frequently dine on urine and excrement.

    The floor is yours, Spicoli, find the silver lining for us and enlighten me to the wisdom of the Aghori.
    The onus is on you though Lyle. It is your statement (or that of Paul Joseph Watson or some other alt right buffoon from Infowars or Breitbart that you are simply repeating parrot fashion). You have to prove why your statement is true.
    Morality itself is culturally defined so if you believe that some cultures are better than others what is the arbiter that proves beyond any shadow of a doubt that your own culture's morality is the perfect absolute by which all others should be
    judged ?

    You have not even defined what your culture is.
    Hidden Content

    "You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself..."

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Ex'way to your Skull
    Posts
    25,024
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Some cultures are better than others ? True, False, Impossible to answer conclusi

    Those are childish questions ask by pseudo-intellectuals with an agenda

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    58,465
    Mentioned
    515 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2981
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Some cultures are better than others ? True, False, Impossible to answer conclusi

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    The onus is on you though Lyle. It is your statement (or that of Paul Joseph Watson or some other alt right buffoon from Infowars or Breitbart that you are simply repeating parrot fashion). You have to prove why your statement is true.
    Morality itself is culturally defined so if you believe that some cultures are better than others what is the arbiter that proves beyond any shadow of a doubt that your own culture's morality is the perfect absolute by which all others should be
    judged ?

    You have not even defined what your culture is.



    Let's see here....my culture and how I should define it we celebrate life, we mourn death, we celebrate knowledge (book smarts & common sense), males in my culture are SUPPOSED to honor/respect/care for: females, the elderly, and children. Chivalry is seen as a positive, friends and family are celebrated in various ways, marriage is typically between 1 adult age male and 1 adult age female but same sex marriages have recently become less taboo, divorce is seen as a negative but there are justifications for it (cheating, abuse, etc) and there's no giant stigma placed on the divorcees, sharing a home or meals with friends and family is seen as a positive, it's a positive to be a good host/hostess as well as a gracious guest. We respect and honor The Constitution and the limits that places on government, punctuality is a good thing. The INDIVIDUAL is valued over the collective however it is typical for an individual (in my area) to CHOOSE to honor and respect their families, if you are insulted it is expected that you address that situation but this has morphed from DUELS with pistols to less violent and fatal forms of conflict such as vocal arguments and perhaps in some situations fisticuffs. We believe in expressing emotion within reason and we believe in the rule of law.


    How long would you care for me to go on? There's a lot of this to digest, and I'm quite certain that you know full well what my culture is give or take some areas. You understand perhaps our social mores but perhaps not our folkways which wouldn't seem foreign to you. Now I personally am of the belief that when travelling you respect and honor the culture in which you find yourself and fuck, I even attempt to do that when visiting certain restaurants, for ONE example when getting Japanese food (not just sushi of course) and sake I pour for others but never myself. Sure that's a little thing, but that little thing creates an experience and one can learn from this. I never said you cannot learn or take things from other cultures....the things I don't wish to take from other cultures would be things like: cutting off the hands of thieves...sure I don't like to be stolen from but that's a little excessive no? Stoning to death of adulterers....again, a bit excessive. Calling for the death of those who do not follow your religion...again, excessive. Forcing the conversion to a religion....I'm of the belief that individuals are supposed to find their own path to God should they choose to do so.


    So let's see here, I'm of Scots-Irish heritage, I consider myself I guess the best definition would be a nondenominational Christian, a mix of Classical Liberal/Libertarian politically with a dash of Nationalism, and I'm a Southerner so of course I mind my manners and expect others to do the same.


    Please please, pretty please with a cherry on top now tell me why I should drink urine and eat feces as the Aghori do OR why I should NOT allow my wife outside the house without my permission or an escort who is a relative.....tell me Beanz, why should I do that? what benefit to society will that have? Why should I beat my wife if she disobeys me? Hmmm Why should I toss gays off of rooftops Beanz? Because people who keep pushing this multicultural bullshit don't fucking think about what "multiculturalism" actually means.....in Mexico the age of sexual consent is 12...I DISAGREE with that do you not? The Prophet Muhammad had a WIFE who was 6 years old Beanz....6....as in 1,2,3,4,5, FUCKING 6....is that a good thing? Is THAT positive? The Prophet Muhammad had SEVERAL wives....is THAT good? is THAT positive? In China they (the government) had the 1 child policy and allowed for sex selective abortions....is THAT good? Is THAT positive? China also had footbinding for women...tell me how brilliant of an idea that is!


    "Well YOU'RE no better El Kabong....you can't PROVE that your culture is better!"


    ....well I can fucking try, and I believe I've pointed out some practices which ain't the best, but hey, YOU judge my judging
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    In my own little Universe
    Posts
    8,939
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1928
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Some cultures are better than others ? True, False, Impossible to answer conclusi

    I can think of a few things that I would like the British culture to adopt from others.

    - The respect for elders and old relatives that I've seen in the Indian culture. Lots of people over here don't look after their old relatives and dump them into old people's homes. I've also seen many people be rude and commit crimes against the elderly.

    - The Buddhist respect for all living things. We in the west have caused multiple extinctions, kill things for fun and people for little provocation. We intruduce or breed species to combat other ones without understanding the ramifications of those actions.

    - The Islamic devotion to charity, which is prescribed within their religion and followed by nearly every Muslim I've met. I do think the British give a hell of a lot to charities, but many other nations and cultures do not.

    - The gratefulness for small pleasures and things that Africans show. We in the UK do seem to over value our material possessions. We covet the possessions of others and - sometimes - are jealous rather than envious. Look up the difference. Sometimes people wish that the other person did not have something, rather than wishing they both had it.

    - The ability of North Americans to be cheerful. I've found they have a bit of a 'live and let live' mentality, whereas we Brits do like to tell other people what to do, and we moralise too much to others. We are rather cynical about things, politics being a good example. People seem not to like the new American President, but al least the Americans are more engaged in their politics than we are.

    I'm sure there are many other examples that I don't know of, and I think the British culture is the best I have seen (that's why I choose to live here), so I'm not slagging off the Brits either
    . ..... but we are all sometimes quick to point out and attack the flaws of others without being self aware enough to take a long look at ourselves.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    21,142
    Mentioned
    788 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1023
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Some cultures are better than others ? True, False, Impossible to answer conclusi

    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    The onus is on you though Lyle. It is your statement (or that of Paul Joseph Watson or some other alt right buffoon from Infowars or Breitbart that you are simply repeating parrot fashion). You have to prove why your statement is true.
    Morality itself is culturally defined so if you believe that some cultures are better than others what is the arbiter that proves beyond any shadow of a doubt that your own culture's morality is the perfect absolute by which all others should be
    judged ?

    You have not even defined what your culture is.



    Let's see here....my culture and how I should define it we celebrate life, we mourn death, we celebrate knowledge (book smarts & common sense), males in my culture are SUPPOSED to honor/respect/care for: females, the elderly, and children. Chivalry is seen as a positive, friends and family are celebrated in various ways, marriage is typically between 1 adult age male and 1 adult age female but same sex marriages have recently become less taboo, divorce is seen as a negative but there are justifications for it (cheating, abuse, etc) and there's no giant stigma placed on the divorcees, sharing a home or meals with friends and family is seen as a positive, it's a positive to be a good host/hostess as well as a gracious guest. We respect and honor The Constitution and the limits that places on government, punctuality is a good thing. The INDIVIDUAL is valued over the collective however it is typical for an individual (in my area) to CHOOSE to honor and respect their families, if you are insulted it is expected that you address that situation but this has morphed from DUELS with pistols to less violent and fatal forms of conflict such as vocal arguments and perhaps in some situations fisticuffs. We believe in expressing emotion within reason and we believe in the rule of law.


    How long would you care for me to go on? There's a lot of this to digest, and I'm quite certain that you know full well what my culture is give or take some areas. You understand perhaps our social mores but perhaps not our folkways which wouldn't seem foreign to you. Now I personally am of the belief that when travelling you respect and honor the culture in which you find yourself and fuck, I even attempt to do that when visiting certain restaurants, for ONE example when getting Japanese food (not just sushi of course) and sake I pour for others but never myself. Sure that's a little thing, but that little thing creates an experience and one can learn from this. I never said you cannot learn or take things from other cultures....the things I don't wish to take from other cultures would be things like: cutting off the hands of thieves...sure I don't like to be stolen from but that's a little excessive no? Stoning to death of adulterers....again, a bit excessive. Calling for the death of those who do not follow your religion...again, excessive. Forcing the conversion to a religion....I'm of the belief that individuals are supposed to find their own path to God should they choose to do so.


    So let's see here, I'm of Scots-Irish heritage, I consider myself I guess the best definition would be a nondenominational Christian, a mix of Classical Liberal/Libertarian politically with a dash of Nationalism, and I'm a Southerner so of course I mind my manners and expect others to do the same.


    Please please, pretty please with a cherry on top now tell me why I should drink urine and eat feces as the Aghori do OR why I should NOT allow my wife outside the house without my permission or an escort who is a relative.....tell me Beanz, why should I do that? what benefit to society will that have? Why should I beat my wife if she disobeys me? Hmmm Why should I toss gays off of rooftops Beanz? Because people who keep pushing this multicultural bullshit don't fucking think about what "multiculturalism" actually means.....in Mexico the age of sexual consent is 12...I DISAGREE with that do you not? The Prophet Muhammad had a WIFE who was 6 years old Beanz....6....as in 1,2,3,4,5, FUCKING 6....is that a good thing? Is THAT positive? The Prophet Muhammad had SEVERAL wives....is THAT good? is THAT positive? In China they (the government) had the 1 child policy and allowed for sex selective abortions....is THAT good? Is THAT positive? China also had footbinding for women...tell me how brilliant of an idea that is!


    "Well YOU'RE no better El Kabong....you can't PROVE that your culture is better!"


    ....well I can fucking try, and I believe I've pointed out some practices which ain't the best, but hey, YOU judge my judging
    Thank you Lyle. It is refreshing to read you express yourself so eloquently. It is interesting that you start by outlining what Males are SUPPOSED to do in your culture. I would be interested to hear why you think they are supposed to act in that way ? What is the moral directive that they are following? is it religious? geopolitical? traditional? and who are the Males who you feel are from an inferior culture are taking their directive from? something deep within their culture or the more recent opinions of people trying to hijack it?

    If you truly believe that your culture is only superior to others in some ways, and that there are things that any culture can learn from another, then surely you are admitting that no culture is the best, and so there really is no such thing as one culture being better than another?

    I think people often mix up cultural and moral relativism so their is no problem philosophically with holding quite different opinions and reaching quite different conclusions in both.

    You have also expressed the fact that your own culture is not a mono culture. That Scottish and Irish Heritage,Nondenominational Christianity, Libitariansim, being from the South etc, all factor into making you, who you are. Do you think you are unique in this and that all these elements agree on whose is the superior culture ?

    Or are you in fact arguing for multiculturalism as the perfect ideal from which to judge other more mono cultures ?

    Who are the people pushing what you refer to as "this multi cultural bullshit" a gentically fecal storm from which all of us arrived, unless of course you are the pure product of incest which thankfully is rare nowadays even in Cornwall and the American South.

    If you push all the semantics to one side are you really suggesting that Christianity is better than Islam or that America is better than Europe or that the best of your country is better than the worst of another?


    You can't extrapolate abhorrent practices from history and/or various different cultures and then suggest that as proof that your particular current culture is somehow superior? You can't also be expected to be taken seriously when you can't even show a modicum of respect or common sense to me despite manners supposedly being a cornerstone of your own culture ?


    Where have i given you any indication that I would think anything on your list is a positive thing?

    So I am taking it that you are not an advocate for a kind of cherry picking multiculturalism in which the Judeo heritage of Christianity, the justice system, and democracy itself, is passed off as being a white thing in which a pale Jesus gave special dispensation to Americans to spread the gospel of Greek Democracy by dropping bombs on brown people?
    Hidden Content

    "You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself..."

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    58,465
    Mentioned
    515 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2981
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Some cultures are better than others ? True, False, Impossible to answer conclusi

    It is interesting that you start by outlining what Males are SUPPOSED to do in your culture. I would be interested to hear why you think they are supposed to act in that way ? What is the moral directive that they are following? is it religious? geopolitical? traditional? and who are the Males who you feel are from an inferior culture are taking their directive from? something deep within their culture or the more recent opinions of people trying to hijack it?
    Well, since I am a male I figured that it be best for me and those following that I speak on not only what I feel to be true, but also what I have experienced to be true.

    Why act that way? Respect, chivalry, etc those come from men choosing of their own free will to use their greater physical strengths for GOOD rather than evil. That follow? Goodness, kindness, those are CHOICES and while we here in the US celebrate individuality/the individual we likewise celebrate it when individuals choose to behave in positive ways. it's traditional, religious, and geopolitical, all of the above.


    If you truly believe that your culture is only superior to others in some ways, and that there are things that any culture can learn from another, then surely you are admitting that no culture is the best, and so there really is no such thing as one culture being better than another
    Those ideas are not mutually exclusive. Take football for example, the team with the best player doesn't always win...you can have a team win and look at the losing team and be like "Gee I wish we had that player(from the losing team) on our team"

    You have also expressed the fact that your own culture is not a mono culture. That Scottish and Irish Heritage,Nondenominational Christianity, Libitariansim, being from the South etc, all factor into making you, who you are. Do you think you are unique in this and that all these elements agree on whose is the superior culture ?
    Every individual is unique in ways but every individual is similar in ways. I feel as though superior cultures err on the side of liberty for the individual while at the same time striving to achieve what is morally correct. Morals get tested in different situations...is it ok to steal? vs is it ok to steal to feed your family/provide needed medicine to a loved one? I give the benefit of the doubt to a lot of cultures but there are areas which I find a complete desert of morality....stoning a rape VICTIM to death is NOT acceptable...EVER! I find that appalling and I would hope that most people would agree.

    Or are you in fact arguing for multiculturalism as the perfect ideal from which to judge other more mono cultures ?
    Well if you're arguing from the 'Collectivist' side then I guess multiculturalism would be considered a great idea and that cultures would just water down and dilute each other, but as an 'Individualist' #1 I think many millions if not tens of millions of people would die in that way and #2 I want people to choose for themselves rather than be dictated to accepting other cultures.

    Who are the people pushing what you refer to as "this multi cultural bullshit" a gentically fecal storm from which all of us arrived, unless of course you are the pure product of incest which thankfully is rare nowadays even in Cornwall and the American South.
    Globalists, Western people with a Collectivist mindset....odd that you mention inbreeding, that is rampant in Pakistan and other tribal areas.

    If you push all the semantics to one side are you really suggesting that Christianity is better than Islam or that America is better than Europe or that the best of your country is better than the worst of another?
    Yes 100% Christianity is better than Islam. Look at the text literally Jesus is a better person than Muhammad or as metaphor and the character Jesus is a more sympathetic character than Muhammad. It is very simple look at Jesus and then look at Muhammad. Did Jesus behead? Muhammad did. Did Jesus order his followers to rape? Muhammad did. Did Jesus order the killing of all infidels? Muhammad did. Did Jesus sleep with a 9 year old? Muhammad did. Did Jesus have multiple wives? Muhammad did. Don't blame me for it, I didn't write either the Bible or Quran...are there beautiful things in both, yes, are there ugly things in both, yes....but Jesus > Muhammad as a person or as a spiritual figure.

    You can't extrapolate abhorrent practices from history and/or various different cultures and then suggest that as proof that your particular current culture is somehow superior? You can't also be expected to be taken seriously when you can't even show a modicum of respect or common sense to me despite manners supposedly being a cornerstone of your own culture ?
    Am I not being courteous right now? I am a human, I am not perfect, I can err....and if I argue with too much passion or sling an insult over the internet what does that equal in your eyes? If I was to mention what I said of Muhammad in Saudi Arabia I would most certainly receive a serious reprimand...yet with freedom of speech I'm allowed to cross a line, and I am also allowed to apologize but I do so of my own free will, I am not forced to.

    I am sorry that in the past and more recent past I have offended you. You may take that apology or leave it.

    Where have i given you any indication that I would think anything on your list is a positive thing?
    You do not think some cultures are better than others ergo you must be of the belief that all cultures are equal and if that is the case then well you can either explain why you disagree with those practices or perhaps you would rather not. I won't force you into a corner.

    So I am taking it that you are not an advocate for a kind of cherry picking multiculturalism in which the Judeo heritage of Christianity, the justice system, and democracy itself, is passed off as being a white thing in which a pale Jesus gave special dispensation to Americans to spread the gospel of Greek Democracy by dropping bombs on brown people
    I'm open to goodness, if some cultures provide goodness then fine let them be, others must be corrected or shunned from the society in which I live. Well Republicanism is better than pure Democracy for various reasons I've already addressed numerous times. As for the bombings...I with my 1 vote do not control the foreign policy of the United States of America sir, to imply that I do is very foolish. "Brown people"....how very Social Justice Warrior of you, light up the virtue signal for all to see, it is BEANZ who is most virtuous
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Ex'way to your Skull
    Posts
    25,024
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Some cultures are better than others ? True, False, Impossible to answer conclusi

    Lyle, frankly, has ~taken out the mortgage ~ here on "Beanz"

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    38,620
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4720
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Some cultures are better than others ? True, False, Impossible to answer conclusi

    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I always get a kick out of someone trying to pigeon hole an entire 'culture' or boil it down to some headlines. It's a subject and definition that can very well end up like p4p subjectivity and sheer clusterfukery. It blurs into ethnicity and Nationality but can be much more about simply being a product of environment and immediate surroundings. Country or State wide etc. Just on massive numbers and global diversity, yes some are clearly 'better'. I don't eat people AND I drive on the sane side of the road so I by comparison am one awesome motherfucker .
    So there's cultural relevance and overall goodness that can come from wife beating? Do tell!
    Thought we went over this once before? No Lyle, you go immediately to an entire religion or Country (?) while in that instance I'm addressing personal experience. We are all so overly self righteous in our "never in my backyard" but I've heard and seen subtleties turning a blind eye or near condoning spousal abuse. Though it is not 'bred' in or taught, at least not directly, and those that do are shits. Simple as. I've seen wives and women beaten up close. Then I've seen said beater have his head pulled through his own arsehole and left in a heap . I'd encourage anyone witnessing such things to do the very same.
    Challenge accepted.


    Defend the Aghori. You know, the folks who made Reza Aslan eat human brains. They cover themselves in cremated remains, and frequently dine on urine and excrement.

    The floor is yours, Spicoli, find the silver lining for us and enlighten me to the wisdom of the Aghori.
    Dude. Seriously. How do we go from wife beating to eating brains Sometimes I think some of you are itching so much for discord or a beef nowadays that you fail to see agreement when it's right in front of you..

    how's this for a silver lining seeing that you brought up the very same thing, from my original post "..yes some are clearly 'better'. I don't eat people AND I drive on the sane side of the road so I by comparison am one awesome motherfucker". I'll never meet the Aghori in my lifetime. I may see them on tv but we'll never cross paths that I can confidently say. The only way I eat a brain is if I turn full Hollywood zombie. Thing is, what else do we know about them. Do we see worth in knowing anything else because they do that foul shit?

    And technically speaking we've all seen a few people eat shit . Some whack jobs actually do drink urine. I've seen it in everything from survival courses to athletes and a boxing great doing it on network tv. Not for me though, feck that.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    58,465
    Mentioned
    515 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2981
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Some cultures are better than others ? True, False, Impossible to answer conclusi

    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Dude. Seriously. How do we go from wife beating to eating brains Sometimes I think some of you are itching so much for discord or a beef nowadays that you fail to see agreement when it's right in front of you..

    how's this for a silver lining seeing that you brought up the very same thing, from my original post "..yes some are clearly 'better'. I don't eat people AND I drive on the sane side of the road so I by comparison am one awesome motherfucker". I'll never meet the Aghori in my lifetime. I may see them on tv but we'll never cross paths that I can confidently say. The only way I eat a brain is if I turn full Hollywood zombie. Thing is, what else do we know about them. Do we see worth in knowing anything else because they do that foul shit?

    And technically speaking we've all seen a few people eat shit . Some whack jobs actually do drink urine. I've seen it in everything from survival courses to athletes and a boxing great doing it on network tv. Not for me though, feck that.
    Ummm we're talking different cultures and in SOME cultures eating brains is apparently not a taboo, it's a part of their social norms, as is spousal abuse....in MY culture those things are frowned upon.

    OK so you'll never meet an Aghori, what about a Muslim would you ever meet a Muslim? What about if he is a Muslim of the belief that wife beating is a pretty fucking good time? What of that Spicoli?


    I don't want arguments I want people to get a good understanding of what I'm saying rather than jumping to conclusions
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    21,142
    Mentioned
    788 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1023
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    Lyle can you not accept that 99% of the time you are the one jumping to conclusions? I don't think you are always looking for a fight but I know I often enjoy one. At least neither of us would be so pathetic to dislike a post linking to this thread. No other content, just a link to this thread. That is some addiction to conflict right there.Never happy unless picking at a scab. Not you. And don't forget I have not voted yet ;-)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 156
    Last Post: 10-12-2015, 07:28 PM
  2. Travis Walton. True or false?
    By Dropanuke in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-30-2013, 12:49 AM
  3. True or False?
    By generalbulldog in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-20-2011, 07:23 PM
  4. True or false
    By Scrap in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-04-2006, 03:25 PM
  5. True of false:
    By Von Milash in forum Ask the Trainer
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-02-2006, 07:33 PM

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing