Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  21
Likes Likes:  152
Dislikes Dislikes:  20
Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 592

Thread: UK general election

Share/Bookmark
  1. #151
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    22,820
    Mentioned
    848 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1085
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: UK general election

    We’ll make work pay.


    • Raise the minimum wage to £10 – we’ll bring the minimum wage up to the level of the living wage (expected to be at least £10 per hour by 2020), so that no one in work gets poverty pay.
    • End the public sector pay cap - because public sector wages have fallen and our workers deserve a pay rise.
    • Amend the takeover code to ensure every takeover proposal has a clear plan in place to protect workers and pensioners – because workers shouldn’t suffer when a company is sold.
    • Roll out maximum pay ratios – because it cannot be right that wages at the top keep rising while everyone else’s stagnates.
    • Ban unpaid internships – because it’s not fair for some to get a leg up when others can’t afford to.
    Hidden Content

    "I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    22,820
    Mentioned
    848 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1085
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: UK general election

    We’ll ensure everyone is treated equally at work.


    • Give all workers equal rights from day one, whether part-time or full-time, temporary or permanent – so that all workers have the same rights and protections whatever kind of job they have.
    • Enforce all workers' right to trade union representation - so that all workers can be supported when negotiating with their employer.
    • Abolish employment tribunal fees – so that people aren’t priced out of seeking justice when they’ve been treated unfairly by an employer.
    • Double paid paternity leave to four weeks and increase paternity pay – because fathers are parents too and deserve more time to spend with their new babies.
    • Strengthen protections for women against unfair redundancy – because no one should be penalised for having children.
    • Hold a public inquiry into blacklisting – to ensure blacklisting remains a thing of the past.
    • Give equalities reps statutory rights – so they have time to protect workers from discrimination.
    • Reinstate protection against third party harassment – because everyone deserves to be safe at work.
    • Introduce a civil enforcement system to ensure compliance with gender pay auditing – so that all workers have fair access to employment and promotion opportunities and are treated fairly at work.
    Hidden Content

    "I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    22,820
    Mentioned
    848 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1085
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: UK general election

    Polling day for local elections.

    Do you intend to vote?

    Will you vote for the same party you always have or for someone different, an independent maybe?



    There is no local election here until 2018

    last time I voted for the Trade Union and Socialist Coalition in the local election because they where the only ones opposing local cuts and the austerity con and I voted for the Greens in the European election.


    As a pragmatist i will vote Labour in the coming general election for the sake of my kids and grandkids before the entire country and everything we stand for is sold off.
    Hidden Content

    "I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    60,082
    Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3038
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: UK general election

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    WRONG Lyle. WRONG Brockton. Both your condescending attitudes extends to all Europeans and British in fact even Americans on the board who refuse to toe your line. Everyone is sick of it and the pair of you. This is a thread about the UK election but again it becomes a thread about you two and America and how great Trump is for behaving exactly like every President before him. Yet now you are both silent when previously you could not stop moaning about the same policies with a different face on them. Consistency, neither of you have any. If the allied forces are whiny pussies then break that allegiance, If Europe is so full of cowards ignore it, If we all piss you off so much fuck right off and post somewhere else, nobody needs your negative constant backbiting and bitchy slagging off of anybody who dare express a different opinion.



    UK GENERAL ELECTION
    I didn't bring up America or American politics. I'm quite happy to talk about the UK general election and that alone, BUT what happens is YOU @Beanz end up posting things like this which.....bring up America and American politics

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz
    Fuck America, want nothing to do with it. It has gradually ruined the world.

    .....and my reaction to that is



    So if you don't want to talk America or American politics in this thread I'd suggest in an ever so friendly manner that you @Beanz shut the fuck up about America in this thread because it has nothing to do with the UK general election....stay on topic or can't you do that? I know you have trouble with debate and all, but it's laughable the sophomoric horse crap you use to argue your side.
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    22,820
    Mentioned
    848 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1085
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: UK general election

    Sorry to call you out for lying again Lyle but actually you did bring up America

    "As for the WTO so England is going to be strong armed by the EU and WTO? I'm not certain if that will actually be the case, but ooooh what Mafioso style tactics by those folks....it's a good thing that England and the United States have a good relationship, do you think we'll let England twist in the wind? Do you think we'd allow that? Also, I thought England was a nation that made it's own way.....I guess that fight, that leadership, that tenacity is gone from England, maybe you guys do need the EU, maybe you do need a nurse to take care of the old lion that is England.....it's as if you've suffered a stroke and are just helpless and weak and you need that aid that a group like the EU provides.....that's a shame, how the mighty have fallen"


    Which is exactly why I responded the way I did. American foreign policy is corrosive enough but it is it's cultural influence and insidious lowering of standards in things like debate, politics and culture that is attempting to dictate a model even here. Your throwaway culture means you don't even seem to know what you post anymore.
    Hidden Content

    "I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    60,082
    Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3038
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: UK general election

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Sorry to call you out for lying again Lyle but actually you did bring up America

    "As for the WTO so England is going to be strong armed by the EU and WTO? I'm not certain if that will actually be the case, but ooooh what Mafioso style tactics by those folks....it's a good thing that England and the United States have a good relationship, do you think we'll let England twist in the wind? Do you think we'd allow that? Also, I thought England was a nation that made it's own way.....I guess that fight, that leadership, that tenacity is gone from England, maybe you guys do need the EU, maybe you do need a nurse to take care of the old lion that is England.....it's as if you've suffered a stroke and are just helpless and weak and you need that aid that a group like the EU provides.....that's a shame, how the mighty have fallen"


    Which is exactly why I responded the way I did. American foreign policy is corrosive enough but it is it's cultural influence and insidious lowering of standards in things like debate, politics and culture that is attempting to dictate a model even here. Your throwaway culture means you don't even seem to know what you post anymore.
    I brought up America in terms of helping post Brexit England on trade and that's "bringing up America" You had mentioned worries about England's ability to trade and do well for itself sans European Union, I merely floated the idea that England would not be allowed by her closest ally to wither on the vine not being able to trade with anyone and that in your opinion is "bringing up America"?


    I'm pleased that you believe that you've found your "gotcha" moment, but I find your take on it sad and shallow.
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    60,082
    Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3038
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: UK general election




    Labour, Commies, and Marxists......
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    22,820
    Mentioned
    848 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1085
    Cool Clicks

    Default

    Lyle a video is not a contribution and nobody but you are in least bit concerned with 'gotcha' moments. Grow up you are contributing nothing, zilch,zero.

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    60,082
    Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3038
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: UK general election

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Lyle a video is not a contribution and nobody but you are in least bit concerned with 'gotcha' moments. Grow up you are contributing nothing, zilch,zero.
    It IS a contribution as it shows the ties the Labour Party has to ACTUAL Communism, like fucking marching around praising Stalin Communism....but hey I'm sure your "Well what's wrong with that?" attitude is a massive contribution in your mind.

    "Grow up" learn to fucking debate you whiny pussy
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    22,820
    Mentioned
    848 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1085
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: UK general election

    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Lyle a video is not a contribution and nobody but you are in least bit concerned with 'gotcha' moments. Grow up you are contributing nothing, zilch,zero.
    It IS a contribution as it shows the ties the Labour Party has to ACTUAL Communism, like fucking marching around praising Stalin Communism....but hey I'm sure your "Well what's wrong with that?" attitude is a massive contribution in your mind.

    "Grow up" learn to fucking debate you whiny pussy
    I don't have to repeatedly go to The Thinkery or Brietbart or anywhere else to tell me what I should think. This is a thread about the UK election not an excuse for you to make it about your own personal crusade against communism. I have TODAY posted 21 policy points published today by the Labour Party as it's promise to workers. Also because it is polling day for many in the local elections HERE IN BRITAIN I have asked people about that. You haven't addressed any of it and have had to resort to calling me a whining pussy. I have marched with Class War, Communists in demonstrations because of you have a common goal then you don't go around and vet everybody taking part to make sure you all agree 100% on everything.


    That is the whole point. You have no desire to build consensus so in reality you have never once taken part in a debate for the whole history of Saddo. That is the point from which most people start.


    Your entire posting history is one big existential howl. Not me, Not Gandalf, Not Bilbo, the king of the whiners my friend is you.
    Hidden Content

    "I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    60,082
    Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3038
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: UK general election

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    I don't have to repeatedly go to The Thinkery or Brietbart or anywhere else to tell me what I should think. This is a thread about the UK election not an excuse for you to make it about your own personal crusade against communism. I have TODAY posted 21 policy points published today by the Labour Party as it's promise to workers. Also because it is polling day for many in the local elections HERE IN BRITAIN I have asked people about that. You haven't addressed any of it and have had to resort to calling me a whining pussy. I have marched with Class War, Communists in demonstrations because of you have a common goal then you don't go around and vet everybody taking part to make sure you all agree 100% on everything.


    That is the whole point. You have no desire to build consensus so in reality you have never once taken part in a debate for the whole history of Saddo. That is the point from which most people start.


    Your entire posting history is one big existential howl. Not me, Not Gandalf, Not Bilbo, the king of the whiners my friend is you.
    Oh you don't have people tell you what to think, but you assume that I do....why is that? Is it because you don't believe I am capable of forming my own views or is it because you assume that because I use examples which corroborate my stance that my stance is not my own? Or maybe it's because you've neither the capacity nor the balls to debate the actual issues and you'd rather attack me personally, again....I call you a whiny pussy because you ARE a whiny pussy....and hey guess what I formed that idea all on my own reading your claptrap.


    Communism is bad full fucking stop.....that you've marched WITH Communists is unsurprising. That you see nothing wrong with Communists is likewise unsurprising. That you are unable or unwilling to actually debate fits with the rest of that narrative. You complain, you offer no solutions, you stand on nothing you stand for nothing, you only stand against. Well here's hoping you and your fucking Communist buddies win out.....I wonder where the peacetime/droughtless famine will hit in the UK? Holomodor, the Great Leap Forward....I guess those were just the "growing pains" of Communism and this time....this time you'll get it right


    I've got no desire to build consensus what good is consensus? Groupthink, you want me involved in that? No thank you. What do I get for agreeing with you? You stop bitching for once? I don't believe you're able.


    Again, personal attack =/= factual rebuttal.....MILLIONS UPON MILLIONS die under communism FACT. You march alongside the Commies FACT. You are voting for/supporting the mass deaths of your very countrymen by being in favor of Communism FACT. Call me names, but I'm not for murdering my countrymen unlike you
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Ex'way to your Skull
    Posts
    25,024
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: UK general election

    How many times Beanz? Just how many times Beanz, does Lyle have to FRY YOUR FAT, JIGGLY BUTT CHEEKS IN SCHMALTZ, b4 u learn? Its getting sad, mate, the way you, like Cotto when he "fought" Canelo, kept getting REEMED UP THE WAZOO.

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Ex'way to your Skull
    Posts
    25,024
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: UK general election


  14. #164
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    22,820
    Mentioned
    848 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1085
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: UK general election

    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    I don't have to repeatedly go to The Thinkery or Brietbart or anywhere else to tell me what I should think. This is a thread about the UK election not an excuse for you to make it about your own personal crusade against communism. I have TODAY posted 21 policy points published today by the Labour Party as it's promise to workers. Also because it is polling day for many in the local elections HERE IN BRITAIN I have asked people about that. You haven't addressed any of it and have had to resort to calling me a whining pussy. I have marched with Class War, Communists in demonstrations because of you have a common goal then you don't go around and vet everybody taking part to make sure you all agree 100% on everything.


    That is the whole point. You have no desire to build consensus so in reality you have never once taken part in a debate for the whole history of Saddo. That is the point from which most people start.


    Your entire posting history is one big existential howl. Not me, Not Gandalf, Not Bilbo, the king of the whiners my friend is you.
    Oh you don't have people tell you what to think, but you assume that I do....why is that? Is it because you don't believe I am capable of forming my own views or is it because you assume that because I use examples which corroborate my stance that my stance is not my own? Or maybe it's because you've neither the capacity nor the balls to debate the actual issues and you'd rather attack me personally, again....I call you a whiny pussy because you ARE a whiny pussy....and hey guess what I formed that idea all on my own reading your claptrap.


    Communism is bad full fucking stop.....that you've marched WITH Communists is unsurprising. That you see nothing wrong with Communists is likewise unsurprising. That you are unable or unwilling to actually debate fits with the rest of that narrative. You complain, you offer no solutions, you stand on nothing you stand for nothing, you only stand against. Well here's hoping you and your fucking Communist buddies win out.....I wonder where the peacetime/droughtless famine will hit in the UK? Holomodor, the Great Leap Forward....I guess those were just the "growing pains" of Communism and this time....this time you'll get it right


    I've got no desire to build consensus what good is consensus? Groupthink, you want me involved in that? No thank you. What do I get for agreeing with you? You stop bitching for once? I don't believe you're able.


    Again, personal attack =/= factual rebuttal.....MILLIONS UPON MILLIONS die under communism FACT. You march alongside the Commies FACT. You are voting for/supporting the mass deaths of your very countrymen by being in favor of Communism FACT. Call me names, but I'm not for murdering my countrymen unlike you
    Lyle you continually repost stuff from the same Youtube channels and pass it off as your opinion or thoughts on something. I get that you don't want to build consensus it makes perfect sense considering your incredibly boring and repetitive posting style. You come across like a spoilt millennial and it's really not doing you any favours if you want to live under this illusion of winning debates. I am not the one whining I have posted salient points about the UK election and you are only interested in regurgitating opinion pieces by third parties.


    Where is you rebuttal to any of the points here? In fact why would you even care what happens in Europe or the UK election ? the disdain you feel for us is pretty palpable in everything you post. You are creating a strawman argument like you and your sidekick Brockton always do. You are suggesting that I am a communist in order to discredit the Labour party who are not communists. Can you not keep you fickle mind focused on anything for more than the length of one of your YouTube meme's?


    What are thoughts on actual Labour Party Policies announced today -



    Ban zero hours contracts – so that every worker gets a guaranteed number of hours each week and enjoys some security.
    Ensure that any employer wishing to recruit labour from abroad does not undercut workers at home - because it causes divisions when people are played off against each other.
    Repeal the Trade Union Act and roll out sectoral collective bargaining – because the most effective way to maintain good rights at work is through a trade union.
    Guarantee trade unions a right to access workplaces – so that unions can support and reach members and potential members
    Four new Bank Holidays – we’ll bring our country together with new holidays to mark our four patron saints, so that workers in Britain get the same proper breaks as in other countries.
    Use public spending power to drive up standards – including only awarding public contracts to companies which recognise trade unions.



    • Raise the minimum wage to £10 – we’ll bring the minimum wage up to the level of the living wage (expected to be at least £10 per hour by 2020), so that no one in work gets poverty pay.
    • End the public sector pay cap - because public sector wages have fallen and our workers deserve a pay rise.
    • Amend the takeover code to ensure every takeover proposal has a clear plan in place to protect workers and pensioners – because workers shouldn’t suffer when a company is sold.
    • Roll out maximum pay ratios – because it cannot be right that wages at the top keep rising while everyone else’s stagnates.
    • Ban unpaid internships – because it’s not fair for some to get a leg up when others can’t afford to.




    Give all workers equal rights from day one, whether part-time or full-time, temporary or permanent – so that all workers have the same rights and protections whatever kind of job they have.
    Enforce all workers' right to trade union representation - so that all workers can be supported when negotiating with their employer.
    Abolish employment tribunal fees – so that people aren’t priced out of seeking justice when they’ve been treated unfairly by an employer.
    Double paid paternity leave to four weeks and increase paternity pay – because fathers are parents too and deserve more time to spend with their new babies.
    Strengthen protections for women against unfair redundancy – because no one should be penalised for having children.
    Hold a public inquiry into blacklisting – to ensure blacklisting remains a thing of the past.
    Give equalities reps statutory rights – so they have time to protect workers from discrimination.
    Reinstate protection against third party harassment – because everyone deserves to be safe at work.
    Introduce a civil enforcement system to ensure compliance with gender pay auditing – so that all workers have fair access to employment and promotion opportunities and are treated fairly at work.




    Does that all really sound like communism to you?
    Hidden Content

    "I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    22,820
    Mentioned
    848 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1085
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: UK general election

    Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    How many times Beanz? Just how many times Beanz, does Lyle have to FRY YOUR FAT, JIGGLY BUTT CHEEKS IN SCHMALTZ, b4 u learn? Its getting sad, mate, the way you, like Cotto when he "fought" Canelo, kept getting REEMED UP THE WAZOO.
    Still nothing to offer then? One could easily draw the conclusion that you are nothing more than a troll with no actual opinions on anything and an investment in nothing more than sowing discord and distracting people from the actual issues affecting them.
    Hidden Content

    "I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. General Election 2015
    By Master in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 469
    Last Post: 05-27-2015, 12:08 AM
  2. UK - Council and European Election
    By Beanz in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 147
    Last Post: 06-03-2014, 04:48 PM
  3. 2012 Election
    By El Kabong in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 09-04-2011, 02:41 AM
  4. Who would you vote for in a British general election?
    By porkypara in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 05-03-2007, 01:34 PM

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing