Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  90
Likes Likes:  678
Dislikes Dislikes:  83
Page 244 of 294 FirstFirst ... 144194234242243244245246254 ... LastLast
Results 3,646 to 3,660 of 4400

Thread: Today in Trump

Share/Bookmark
  1. #3646
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    4,157
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    366
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today in Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Now to respond to @SlimTrae 's post that I didn't get to...

    Alright then, where was I?

    The thesis statement of the article you posted is: "Patriot Prayer’s leader is half-Japanese. Black and brown faces march with the Proud Boys. Is the future of hate multicultural?" which some people will read inquisitively like "Hmm, that's interesting, I wonder what this journalist found out about that?" and I read as "OK here's why not only white people are now white supremacist...it's because we don't have any argument so we have to label them as something nobody wants to be because we cannot wrap our minds around their logic and reason". Basically the author is like a 6 year old and accusing Proud Boys of having cooties. Well try as you might if the 6 year old's mind is dead set on you having cooties then buddy you're stuck with cooties. So that article is probably not the most friendly to the Proud Boys (not that it HAS to be, but it's not an honest take). '“Western chauvinists,” and “regularly spout white-nationalist memes and maintain affiliations with known extremists,” according to the Southern Poverty Law Center.' yeah the SPLC who is currently being sued by Gavin McInnes for defamation and it's hemorrhaging leaders for reasons like SEXISM and RACISM (kinda ironic no?) so I'm not so sure their take is going to be without a slant to it. In the article the OK hand gesture is referred to as "an apparent "White Power" hand gesture". I've got a BS meter and it redlines when anyone is questioning an OK sign....it also redlines when people list their preferred pronouns which is off topic but still, my BS meter is fairly good. Perhaps one of these days I'll make a list of what is considered "White Supremacist" by the current media types and we can all read through and have a laugh...probably easier to make a list of what is NOT considered White Supremacist, 4chan trolls really fucking broke those people, that and a lack of critical thinking.

    From what I can tell, and I'm no member, I've had 0 interaction with the Proud Boys and I've got 0 desire to join up...they seem to enjoy Liberty, they enjoy our rule of law, they like beer, they are unappologetically pro West in this case West meaning Europe, UK, America. They venerate/celebrate the entrepreneur & the housewife, they lament the dwindling of Men's Clubs of the olden days (Masons, Knights of Columbus, Shriners, Elks, etc)....and I guess this is what gets them in the most trouble....when they are set upon violently, they respond in kind....and that is just about it.

    As for the quote, I assume this one: "I don't want our culture diluted. We need to close the borders now and let everyone assimilate into a Western, white, English-speaking way of life" is what you're talking about. I've searched for it, I'd like to find it in context. Some of the other quotes had been cited as being from this or that. I wouldn't be shocked if Gavin said exactly that...I don't see it as being some 'Stormfront' shit as he's not talking about killing or removing groups of people it seems though he's wanting the American "melting pot" to do it's thing before what made America is overshadowed by people who don't understand or don't care to live the way Americans live. The "white" part in there I don't know does he mean that ONLY white people is the way to go? I'm not so sure because if he was of that belief then why would non-white not only join Proud Boys but be WELCOMED in Proud Boys?

    "the Neo Nazi Arthur Jones who won Republican primary by saying he would make Chicago white again" I looked that up, he was the ONLY one to run (ergo his "winning" of the primary and the Illinois State Republican Party disavowed him. What made the Jussie Smollet case unbelievable to me is the exact same thing that made me question that....."Republicans in Chicago" It's just not a Republican city AND it's corrupt as hell, so any chance there's a "evil racist Republican" around has me thinking is he a Fed? is he a Democrat plant to make them look better by comparison?Surely any Republican that would run in Chicago would be more liberal, that would be the only way to compete there. I mean you wouldn't say ok here's our candidate Dan Lipinski (who holds the seat his father held for so long) and here's a Nazi...be sure to vote it just doesn't happen. Also Nazism is antithetical to Republicanism/Conservatism.

    Ron Paul is more Libertarian, Brit Hume is a journalist not a politician, George Will is a journalist and your quintessential Washington insider. Dennis Hof ran for Nevada State legislature in 2016 (as a Libertarian) and 2018 (as a Trump Republican) he won in 2018....a Christian district sure, but what does that matter? What point are we making here? He could have been carrying Libertarians all the time and just a few Christians put him over the hump. Could have been people voted straight ticket Republican and it put him over, could have been people appreciated his support for Trump . Some people are hypocritical in how they vote some are hypocritical in how they lead.


    As for Enrique Tarrio's comments on hip-hop culture and racism, meh. I don't think he spoke (or was quoted) eloquently on the issues faced by the Black community. Like any other community it's not 1 issue, it's not 1 thing, I mean if I had to boil it down personally I'd blame LBJ and the War on Poverty, but there's so much nuance to the issues faced by Black people today and there's not going to be a simple fix from anyone not from Trump not from anyone. In the hip-hop culture 'gangster rap' is a big deal, it's a large part of it but I wouldn't say that causes violence anymore than I'd say metal causes violence or Marilyn Manson or whomever. I think artists write about their lived experiences or their imaginations same as authors or screenwriters. Some hip hop artists celebrate the gangster lifestyle but that's no different than any movies from the 1930's up to today (the bad guys always goes down at the end). Other artists lament having to go through that right of passage....some write about there being another way. I think music is a beautiful thing, I'm not one who is immersed in the hip hop culture (shocking to nobody ) but there's plenty I enjoy Young MC 'Bust a Move' is classic, Rob Base & DJ EZ Rock 'It Takes 2', Biz Markie, LL Cool J, 'Tennessee' by Arrested Development was my jam for the longest time, and I still will like all the gangster stuff too....music is music like movies are movies blaming them for one thing or another is silly they are born of a culture as much as they impact a culture, it's like which came first the chicken or the egg? That said, Tarrio can have his opinions on those things, it's not hurting anybody it's just his view and intelligent debate and discussion is the pathway for mutual enlightenment.

    Many thanks for your posts.

    Haven't read it all yet but will do, as this post is [almost]long enough to qualify for the Slimtrae Damn that's a long post award! I will say this of what I've read so far. Kristol and Hume was mentioned because they are not- as you said politicians. Wasn't sure if pundits, news dudes who disagree with Trump are labeled as RINO etc.

    peace sir!
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

  2. #3647
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    4,157
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    366
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today in Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    It’s very sad many young African Americans don’t honor Motown and the blues, some of the best music made.
    Very.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

  3. #3648
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    58,990
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2997
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today in Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    Haven't read it all yet but will do, as this post is [almost]long enough to qualify for the Slimtrae Damn that's a long post award! I will say this of what I've read so far. Kristol and Hume was mentioned because they are not- as you said politicians. Wasn't sure if pundits, news dudes who disagree with Trump are labeled as RINO etc.

    peace sir!
    No RINO's are typically the elected Republicans who choose not to support the Republican President or Speaker or Majority Leader. For example the 7 (I believe it was 7) Republicans who consistently voted to repeal Obamacare during Obama's Presidency (those are votes of APPEARANCE) but then once Trump was in and they were able to vote to ACHIEVE a repeal they balked and sadly John McCain was one of them and that was after he ran on.....wait for it....wait for it....

    repealing and replacing Obamacare






    So THAT is a RINO. Someone like Ron Paul is more of a Barry Goldwater style Republican/Libertarian so in SOME cases he'd support Trump or someone like Trump and in other cases he wouldn't. Rand Paul has much the same stance and has at times been a bother to the President but he's not a RINO.


    RINOs are akin to the Blue Dog Democrats...Joe Manchin of WV would be considered one of those, a more conservative Democrat.




    Always a pleasure
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

  4. #3649
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    20,864
    Mentioned
    453 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1654
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today in Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Did this man seriously hold up a doctored chart of Dorians projected path complete with magic marker to include Alabama . Jebus flipping Christmas

    Whatever the predictable defenses on this Dorian issue, the fact is I'd rather not get weather updates from the POTUS.

    Meanwhile................



  5. #3650
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,932
    Mentioned
    628 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today in Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Did this man seriously hold up a doctored chart of Dorians projected path complete with magic marker to include Alabama . Jebus flipping Christmas

    Whatever the predictable defenses on this Dorian issue, the fact is I'd rather not get weather updates from the POTUS.

    Meanwhile................


    NY times will print the opposite even if trump is at 120% and tits I just did battle with miles and won. I warn you to drop it now or I may leave you crying
    Last edited by walrus; 09-09-2019 at 01:13 AM.

  6. #3651
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    20,864
    Mentioned
    453 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1654
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today in Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Did this man seriously hold up a doctored chart of Dorians projected path complete with magic marker to include Alabama . Jebus flipping Christmas

    Whatever the predictable defenses on this Dorian issue, the fact is I'd rather not get weather updates from the POTUS.

    Meanwhile................


    NY times will print the opposite even if trump is at 120% and tits I just did battle with miles and won. I warn you to drop it now or I may leave you crying


    120% of what?

    Hey don't sweat it, wally. I'm probably gonna miss ol' Donald when he's gone, as we're just gonna go back to good ol' boring sanity.

  7. #3652
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    47,148
    Mentioned
    916 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3162
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today in Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Did this man seriously hold up a doctored chart of Dorians projected path complete with magic marker to include Alabama . Jebus flipping Christmas

    Whatever the predictable defenses on this Dorian issue, the fact is I'd rather not get weather updates from the POTUS.

    Meanwhile................


    NY times will print the opposite even if trump is at 120% and tits I just did battle with miles and won. I warn you to drop it now or I may leave you crying


    120% of what?

    Hey don't sweat it, wally. I'm probably gonna miss ol' Donald when he's gone, as we're just gonna go back to good ol' boring sanity.
    Yep, I miss the illegal wars and the bank bail outs too.
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWNc_AZewu7AAERwCfLfupUZIJSbzqC MgjXFbc0u9YrZkuInoB

  8. #3653
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    20,864
    Mentioned
    453 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1654
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today in Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Did this man seriously hold up a doctored chart of Dorians projected path complete with magic marker to include Alabama . Jebus flipping Christmas

    Whatever the predictable defenses on this Dorian issue, the fact is I'd rather not get weather updates from the POTUS.

    Meanwhile................


    NY times will print the opposite even if trump is at 120% and tits I just did battle with miles and won. I warn you to drop it now or I may leave you crying


    120% of what?

    Hey don't sweat it, wally. I'm probably gonna miss ol' Donald when he's gone, as we're just gonna go back to good ol' boring sanity.
    Yep, I miss the illegal wars and the bank bail outs too.


    4 more years of Donny and we'll see plenty of those too.

  9. #3654
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    58,990
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2997
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today in Trump

    I don't get the whole problem with "Sharpiegate", are people that eager for Trump to be wrong on something, anything? It's likewise silly to draw on the map when all you have to do is explain, 'Had Dorian continued straight then Alabama would no doubt have been hit' .....other than that, what is all the fuss about? "Yeah but Trump is wrong!" yes, and because he's wrong about where a hurricane ended up going what? He's wrong about everything else? Likewise ridiculous.


    There are no adults anymore, everyone is a child. The mainstream media is the best example of this trend....just 24/7 childishness, it's as if MTV VJ's took over newsrooms. Or it's like the movie 'Network' was true to life.
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

  10. #3655
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,932
    Mentioned
    628 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today in Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    I don't get the whole problem with "Sharpiegate", are people that eager for Trump to be wrong on something, anything? It's likewise silly to draw on the map when all you have to do is explain, 'Had Dorian continued straight then Alabama would no doubt have been hit' .....other than that, what is all the fuss about? "Yeah but Trump is wrong!" yes, and because he's wrong about where a hurricane ended up going what? He's wrong about everything else? Likewise ridiculous.


    There are no adults anymore, everyone is a child. The mainstream media is the best example of this trend....just 24/7 childishness, it's as if MTV VJ's took over newsrooms. Or it's like the movie 'Network' was true to life.
    And the media never cared about their fuck up with Russia gate. But damn a map look doctored impeach for that to

  11. #3656
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    58,990
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2997
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today in Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    I don't get the whole problem with "Sharpiegate", are people that eager for Trump to be wrong on something, anything? It's likewise silly to draw on the map when all you have to do is explain, 'Had Dorian continued straight then Alabama would no doubt have been hit' .....other than that, what is all the fuss about? "Yeah but Trump is wrong!" yes, and because he's wrong about where a hurricane ended up going what? He's wrong about everything else? Likewise ridiculous.


    There are no adults anymore, everyone is a child. The mainstream media is the best example of this trend....just 24/7 childishness, it's as if MTV VJ's took over newsrooms. Or it's like the movie 'Network' was true to life.
    And the media never cared about their fuck up with Russia gate. But damn a map look doctored impeach for that to


    'ello 'ello what's all this then?







    Oh Russiagate is/was a coup d'etat attempt and is STILL ongoing and YES I stand by my promise that arrests will be made, this has been what President Trump has been swimming upstream against since even before he was President. The ONLY people to get information from Russians were working for Fusion GPS which was paid by Perkins Coie which was helping Hillary Clinton attempt to win the White House and people will NEVER know how lucky we were to avoid that shitshow! It was America for sale and it was curtains for us. England, New Zealand, Italy, Canada, Australia, they were all involved and people will have forgotten about it before the truth finally hits home with them and that is something I find extremely annoying. I could tell people til I'm blue in the face about what ACTUALLY happened but no no let the media push a narrative and they won't veer off that path at all. No hard questions asked, no common sense, no nothing.
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

  12. #3657
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    20,864
    Mentioned
    453 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1654
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today in Trump

    Yes... the hyena press will leap on Trump farting at the dinner table... we all know that. What is also true is that we have all the technology known to man to track and predict hurricanes, albeit with the unpredictability of nature. What is also true, for me at least, is that I certainly don't need Trump or any other POTUS for that matter, to tell me about the weather. There are thousands of paid professionals to do that. I would think Trump has plenty of other things to keep him busy, other than playing weatherman. What's next... a play-by-play at the next Yankees game? Frankly I'm tired of Trump's ego butting in on every fucking aspect of American everyday life. If Trump wants to indulge his boyish fantasies, let him do it on his own time... not ours. Just do the fucking job you're being paid to do, and leave the weather to the weather people.

  13. #3658
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    58,990
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2997
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today in Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Yes... the hyena press will leap on Trump farting at the dinner table... we all know that. What is also true is that we have all the technology known to man to track and predict hurricanes, albeit with the unpredictability of nature. What is also true, for me at least, is that I certainly don't need Trump or any other POTUS for that matter, to tell me about the weather. There are thousands of paid professionals to do that. I would think Trump has plenty of other things to keep him busy, other than playing weatherman. What's next... a play-by-play at the next Yankees game? Frankly I'm tired of Trump's ego butting in on every fucking aspect of American everyday life. If Trump wants to indulge his boyish fantasies, let him do it on his own time... not ours. Just do the fucking job you're being paid to do, and leave the weather to the weather people.
    Point noted, but also worth noting that he's donating his salary soooooo
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

  14. #3659
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    20,864
    Mentioned
    453 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1654
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today in Trump

    I'll give the man credit for that. I just wish he would stick to "Presidenting".

  15. #3660
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    58,990
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2997
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today in Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I'll give the man credit for that. I just wish he would stick to "Presidenting".
    He got elected for several reasons, being the middle finger of a large voting block in the United States was one of those reasons. Granted that'll always turn a few people off, but the funny thing is none of the Democrat challengers (or his "Republican primary candidates" ) stand a chance vs him.
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 61
    Last Post: 01-29-2017, 10:15 PM
  2. Trump In
    By denilson200 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 11-19-2016, 07:29 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-16-2016, 04:05 PM
  4. Donald Trump......
    By TitoFan in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 11-14-2012, 11:53 PM
  5. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-26-2006, 11:46 PM

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing