Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  113
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 349

Thread: Red Dead Redemption - anyone playing ?

Share/Bookmark
  1. #166
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    7,983
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1562
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Red Dead Redemption - anyone playing ?

    So I’ve just resumed the game after saving it a couple of days ago before I was about to take out a gang camp with the sniper rifle. I’ve started just up the track from them and the gang has now fucked off.

    Utter bollocksnthe save and restart process.

    Rockstar are cunts
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

  2. #167
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    7,983
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1562
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Red Dead Redemption - anyone playing ?

    So I’ve been on it about 4 hours today and finally reached chapter 3.

    Bit of a tip - go find the wild white Arabian horse on the left hand shore of lake Isabella in the top left of the map. It’s like having the best car in gta and makes travelling a lot easier and more enjoyable. It’s a twat of a ride and make sure you wrap up warm as there’s lots of snow and don’t do what I did and save the game just before you try lasso it as when you restart the fucker had vanished and does not respawn even though I camped and waited about an hour.

    Found a tip on a forum to go back to valentine and spend the night in the hotel to make it reappear - I did sadly but got the bastard in the end when it reappeared. But took an age to ride there and back.

    The white bison is also up there.

    I’m going to stick to main story only now. Honest....
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

  3. #168
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Gotham/Batcave
    Posts
    5,660
    Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    358
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Red Dead Redemption - anyone playing ?

    I finally managed to craft the legend of the east satchel, no more running out of space for carrying things for me.

    Also did some of the challenges, killed 5 kougars with my bow and skinned them, picked 5 mushrooms and fed them to my hoss, the remaining challenges all look like hard work so I'll probably just stick to the story myself now, along with doing a few of the legendary animal challenges on the way.

  4. #169
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    7,983
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1562
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Red Dead Redemption - anyone playing ?

    That mushroom picking challenge sounds interesting....
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

  5. #170
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    39,028
    Mentioned
    342 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4736
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Red Dead Redemption - anyone playing ?

    Finally made chapter 3. All I can say is the swamp land and audio are some of the best.

    Anyone figure out how to drop or sell your guns? Who needs to cycle through 8 rifles ffs.

  6. #171
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    7,983
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1562
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Red Dead Redemption - anyone playing ?

    Does gunsmith buy them ?

    I only use two of them. Deadeye mechanism has changed again to a different method- bloody annoying how it changes and you have to suss it out again.

    I’ve just been fishing with Dutch and another guy.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

  7. #172
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    39,028
    Mentioned
    342 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4736
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Red Dead Redemption - anyone playing ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Does gunsmith buy them ?

    I only use two of them. Deadeye mechanism has changed again to a different method- bloody annoying how it changes and you have to suss it out again.

    I’ve just been fishing with Dutch and another guy.
    Tried 3 and no one offers to buy. Can't even figure a way to 'drop' them. The wheel settings are always changing when you dismount with no option to designate which two stay on your back or stay in the saddle? Usually have to dismount..turn around looking for Lb meanwhile you're standing there with a bow being shot up .

  8. #173
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Gotham/Batcave
    Posts
    5,660
    Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    358
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Red Dead Redemption - anyone playing ?

    Well tonight I got my Arabian Hoss, I took some photos of some alligators for that dude who always gets your help whilst he's taking pictures, I caught a legendary fish, I killed 2 legendary animals and I robbed a bank....I think that is about it, all in all that has took me about 4 hours, this game really eats into your time.

    I want to crack on with the story but at the same time now I want to really start pressing on with the challenges, I still haven't managed to kill 3 people in 10 seconds with the throwing knives yet, fucking solid that one is, I'm doing pretty well on the others though.

  9. #174
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,103
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    649
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Red Dead Redemption - anyone playing ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Who needs to cycle through 8 rifles ffs.
    Geezers who stay in high rise Las Vegas hotels and don't like country music maybe :S

  10. #175
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    7,983
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1562
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Red Dead Redemption - anyone playing ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Well tonight I got my Arabian Hoss, I took some photos of some alligators for that dude who always gets your help whilst he's taking pictures, I caught a legendary fish, I killed 2 legendary animals and I robbed a bank....I think that is about it, all in all that has took me about 4 hours, this game really eats into your time.

    I want to crack on with the story but at the same time now I want to really start pressing on with the challenges, I still haven't managed to kill 3 people in 10 seconds with the throwing knives yet, fucking solid that one is, I'm doing pretty well on the others though.
    Not robbed a bank yet. I'm trying to be a good citizen...

    Does it tell you if you are in the area for a legendary fish? I rowed out to where I thought one was but nothing happened. And do you need special bait??

    You're right I keep saying I'm doing the main story only but then spend two hours doing other side stuff
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

  11. #176
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Gotham/Batcave
    Posts
    5,660
    Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    358
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Red Dead Redemption - anyone playing ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Well tonight I got my Arabian Hoss, I took some photos of some alligators for that dude who always gets your help whilst he's taking pictures, I caught a legendary fish, I killed 2 legendary animals and I robbed a bank....I think that is about it, all in all that has took me about 4 hours, this game really eats into your time.

    I want to crack on with the story but at the same time now I want to really start pressing on with the challenges, I still haven't managed to kill 3 people in 10 seconds with the throwing knives yet, fucking solid that one is, I'm doing pretty well on the others though.
    Not robbed a bank yet. I'm trying to be a good citizen...

    Does it tell you if you are in the area for a legendary fish? I rowed out to where I thought one was but nothing happened. And do you need special bait??

    You're right I keep saying I'm doing the main story only but then spend two hours doing other side stuff
    Sometimes you don't get to choose if your gunna be the good guy ;-)

    Yeah it tells you when you are at a legendary fish location, there is one up by the Arabian hoss, one just south of the cougar location, one just west of Saint Denis and one north east of the map that I have found so far.

    I think I've got 9 out of 16 of the legendary animals.

    Really gotta get onto the actual story tonight.

  12. #177
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    7,983
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1562
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Red Dead Redemption - anyone playing ?

    So normal bait ?

    I’ve made a decision. Main story from now on. I checked and still only on 25% of that which is ridiculous for the time I’ve been playing
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

  13. #178
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    39,028
    Mentioned
    342 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4736
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Red Dead Redemption - anyone playing ?

    Sat in second camp on the water and drank too much. I decided to go island hoping as the map doesn't show what's out to sea. Instead of a canoe I swam for miles but you really have to watch your stamina core. Horse keeps up as long as you don't try to ride her or you end up with a hairy floatation device . 1,2,3 small islands later and found alligator snapping turtles and tons of herbs and plants. And seagulls, crabs and toads. Started shooting at some boats in the distance to draw them over but wound up camping and bow fishing big bass at shoreline.

  14. #179
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Gotham/Batcave
    Posts
    5,660
    Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    358
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Red Dead Redemption - anyone playing ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    So normal bait ?
    Sorry you should get a special lure for lakes rivers and swamps

    Actually I think you need to find a bloke in a little hut by a river and he will tell you about the legendary fish, they may not unlock till you've found him, can't remember off the top of my head where on the map he is though

  15. #180
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    47,160
    Mentioned
    916 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3163
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Red Dead Redemption - anyone playing ?

    Legendary fish! Bwahahaha!

    You chaps play differently to me. I upgrade all I can, but I focus mainly on main story quests and any strangers I come across. All that extra stuff like picking herbs is time consuming and that can wait until the end for me. Legendary animals and stuff like that can stay legendary for me until I am at the end with nothing else to do. 2 missions a day and that's my lot. Up to 40% story mode now, but spent 2 hours doing strangers quests today in Saint Denis.
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWNc_AZewu7AAERwCfLfupUZIJSbzqC MgjXFbc0u9YrZkuInoB

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Anyone Seen The Raid Redemption ?
    By ICB in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-05-2012, 04:42 PM
  2. Red Dead Redemption - Undead Knightmare
    By Memphis in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-20-2011, 02:44 PM
  3. Did Margarito gain any redemption?
    By holmcall in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-18-2010, 05:09 AM
  4. Red Dead Redemption
    By Oggie in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-23-2010, 12:43 AM

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing