Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  179
Dislikes Dislikes:  11
Page 18 of 46 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 256 to 270 of 690

Thread: Is the earth flat?

Share/Bookmark
  1. #256
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    6,813
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    247
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is the earth flat?

    I forgot to mention in reply to Tito in regards to The Flat Earth Society and disinformation agents, that some are only in it for the money (I see these people as worse than the shills), but disinformation is a real thing. Ask yourself, who in this world has your best interests at heart? The answer for me is obviously me. I would hope we would all answer the same. So if you are going to decide something for yourself, you should take the time to research it thoroughly and reason it for yourself, rather than taking the word of someone else. Prove things to yourself, prove the claims that have been made to you are actually fact.

    Some stuff on disinformation:

    They live, We sleep

  2. #257
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    6,813
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    247
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is the earth flat?

    They live, We sleep

  3. #258
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    6,813
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    247
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is the earth flat?

    Some stuff on FE disinformation:

    They live, We sleep

  4. #259
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,172
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1669
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is the earth flat?

    The fucking internet should be shut down.

  5. #260
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    20,498
    Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1642
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is the earth flat?


  6. #261
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    20,498
    Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1642
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is the earth flat?

    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    This has 235 replies. @Alpha is the fricking man. I lost a little respect for him when he said I was lying about the talking monkeys but alpha is the frickin man


    So would that make you his next possible recruit? I hear it's like a pyramid scheme. The more you convert, the higher up in rank you go. I figure Alpha must be a Flat Earth Admiral by now or something. They could probably use a man with your sense of humor.

    I wonder if there are many Flat Earthers among the Scientology cult (serious question). I mean, both depend heavily on being able to brainwash people. Maybe there's a

    Flat Earth Cause Extended to Scientology (FECES) group out there.

  7. #262
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    6,813
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    247
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is the earth flat?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    The fucking internet should be shut down.
    Why? Because people want to question claims using actual real science?

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    This has 235 replies. @Alpha is the fricking man. I lost a little respect for him when he said I was lying about the talking monkeys but alpha is the frickin man


    So would that make you his next possible recruit? I hear it's like a pyramid scheme. The more you convert, the higher up in rank you go. I figure Alpha must be a Flat Earth Admiral by now or something. They could probably use a man with your sense of humor.

    I wonder if there are many Flat Earthers among the Scientology cult (serious question). I mean, both depend heavily on being able to brainwash people. Maybe there's a

    Flat Earth Cause Extended to Scientology (FECES) group out there.
    I'm an individual Tito and don't align myself with any groups or organizations. Those making money of the truth are in it for the wrong reasons. They have conferences and that type of crap, charging for what should be free. I just merely question the claims of the globe using science.

    Again I'm not trying to convert anyone, just providing the truth using science. I have always advised others to do their own research and decide for themselves.

    I do believe in a creator, but it is only a belief, because I have no empirical evidence to prove that belief. See the difference?

    Where as the earth is demonstrably level.

    So we have over 200 replies in this thread and no one has provided anything quantifiable for the globe, or anything scientific evidence for it. So where I can provide scientific proof that destroy the claims of the globe, all I have received are assertions and assumptions. Nothing based on science. So who is really brainwashed here?

    No measurable curvature.

    No scientific evidence that a body of water can conform to the exterior of a shape, or where we can observe this occurrence in the natural world?

    No scientific evidence that a gas can be created without a container, or where we can observe this occurrence in the natural world?

    No scientific evidence of the motion of the earth?

    No scientific evidence of mass attracting to mass in the natural world?

    But, but, but I saw pictures, I've seen it on TV.

    Come on, they say they have known the earth was a globe for over 2 thousand years, it should be easy to provide something quantifiable to prove the globe.

    They live, We sleep

  8. #263
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    21,304
    Mentioned
    803 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1028
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is the earth flat?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    No disrespect Alpha but why would anyone give a fuck about some forum dude wishing he was dead after you've discovered the greatest lie in history? Hilarious.

    With a flat earth literally everything we've ever learnt, thought. know, everything is bogus. Literally nothing is as it seems and nothing works as we believe. Everything we do is utterly pointless.
    Oh I don't care at all, like I said, I've been at this for 3 years now, trolls are all part of the game, I just thought it was a little inappropriate, possibly bordering on bullying, and it's not something I myself would say to someone else, even jokingly. But I guess as a mod that wouldn't concern you.

    You are right about everything we have been taught being bogus, but I disagree that everything we do is utterly pointless. The truth movement is growing at an uncontrollable rate, to the point where YT and search engine algorithms are censoring the topic.
    SO ...you are not really interested in the scientific method at all. After all the element of doubt and the ability to be skeptical and question science, is what drives it forward. What you really are is a narcissist defending a denialist position. It makes you feel validated to pretend to be scientific and skeptical, it cloaks your bullshit in a respectable lab coat, but you don't employ scientific methods, empirical or otherwise. Scientists have for hundreds of years repeated experiments under controlled conditions and shared that data whereas you are rejecting all evidence as inadmissible,rejecting it out of hand on the principle that you know better without ever having to study, reproduce or understand those experiments. For you it's all about feelings,but not instinct, rather some religious ideal in which you think (mistakenly) you can reject mountains of evidence because you think your personal belief trumps expertise. You live in the same post truth world in which you now have to dig an ever larger hole in which to bury gravity,day,night and all the other inconvenient truths.

    You will claim calling you a narcissist is an ad hominem attack but it is hard to draw any other conclusion when you are repeatedly reminding us of how your conclusions are superior to all the greatest minds in history. The fact that people have replied and entertained you for so long is again proof of their empathy and patience,not yours, and 250+ replies while not to be sneezed at, is not earth shattering. The endorsement by Walrus kind of puts you into the select company of some equally 'special' posters and is not something I would wish on anyone with a sense of humour or an open mind.


    Attached Images
    Hidden Content

    "You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself..."

  9. #264
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    20,498
    Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1642
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is the earth flat?

    What I find laughable isn't so much Alpha who, at the very least has stuck to his guns. If he would only back off the "Mount Olympus" assertions that only he is dealing in facts and science and the rest of the world is just a bunch of sheep being led around by the nose.... it might lead to better and more constructive dialogues between sides.

    But what's laughable are the few who sit on the sidelines, not believing a word or the Flat Earth theories, but content with just sitting back and playing "heckler" with anyone who engages Alpha in the arguments. "I don't believe any of that Flat Earth nonsense... but I'm just gonna potshot so-and-so for arguing with Alpha and trying to convince him of the error of his ways."

    TBH, it doesn't make a hill of beans worth of difference in anyone's daily life whether some people believe the Earth is flat or not. To believe otherwise is ridiculous and pathetic. And since when did arguing your point on an issue become unacceptable behavior. That's what I mean about the eternal, sneering cynics.... who don't believe in A or B..... but don't contribute a damn thing to society either. Personally I think eternal sneering cynics are the worst type of scourge on today's world. They're either all around the globe, or scattered across the huge disk.

  10. #265
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    6,813
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    247
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is the earth flat?

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    No disrespect Alpha but why would anyone give a fuck about some forum dude wishing he was dead after you've discovered the greatest lie in history? Hilarious.

    With a flat earth literally everything we've ever learnt, thought. know, everything is bogus. Literally nothing is as it seems and nothing works as we believe. Everything we do is utterly pointless.
    Oh I don't care at all, like I said, I've been at this for 3 years now, trolls are all part of the game, I just thought it was a little inappropriate, possibly bordering on bullying, and it's not something I myself would say to someone else, even jokingly. But I guess as a mod that wouldn't concern you.

    You are right about everything we have been taught being bogus, but I disagree that everything we do is utterly pointless. The truth movement is growing at an uncontrollable rate, to the point where YT and search engine algorithms are censoring the topic.
    SO ...you are not really interested in the scientific method at all. After all the element of doubt and the ability to be skeptical and question science, is what drives it forward. What you really are is a narcissist defending a denialist position. It makes you feel validated to pretend to be scientific and skeptical, it cloaks your bullshit in a respectable lab coat, but you don't employ scientific methods, empirical or otherwise. Scientists have for hundreds of years repeated experiments under controlled conditions and shared that data whereas you are rejecting all evidence as inadmissible,rejecting it out of hand on the principle that you know better without ever having to study, reproduce or understand those experiments. For you it's all about feelings,but not instinct, rather some religious ideal in which you think (mistakenly) you can reject mountains of evidence because you think your personal belief trumps expertise. You live in the same post truth world in which you now have to dig an ever larger hole in which to bury gravity,day,night and all the other inconvenient truths.

    You will claim calling you a narcissist is an ad hominem attack but it is hard to draw any other conclusion when you are repeatedly reminding us of how your conclusions are superior to all the greatest minds in history. The fact that people have replied and entertained you for so long is again proof of their empathy and patience,not yours, and 250+ replies while not to be sneezed at, is not earth shattering. The endorsement by Walrus kind of puts you into the select company of some equally 'special' posters and is not something I would wish on anyone with a sense of humour or an open mind.


    I'm questioning the claims of the globe using science.



    The first step in the Scientific Method is to make objective observations.

    So tell me, where can we observe a body of water conforming to the exterior of a shape?

    I can show you numerous experiments that show how the natural physics of water act in the physical and natural world.

    My conclusions are based on science, not assumptions.

    The claim of the globe is bodies of water can conform to the exterior of a shape. This claim has no basis in scientific fact. It can't be tested and lacks evidence to support it.

    So say what you want, but unless you have something quantifiable or scientific evidence to support the globe claims, it's only an assumption, an assertion or pseudoscience.

    I only mention the number of replies because Walrus brought them up, and the fact that no one has brought anything quantifiable to support the globe claims, for something we were all taught was real.
    They live, We sleep

  11. #266
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    21,304
    Mentioned
    803 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1028
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is the earth flat?

    You are incapable of excercising objectivity Alpha. You have brought nothing to the table but the same jpegs from your infantile 'tek' WordPress site and your religions YouTube manifesto. You certainly have not conducted any observable experiments. Your trump card is the admission that Gravity pulls water towards the centre of the earth.


    https://steemit.com/science/@kerrikn...ve-on-a-sphere
    Hidden Content

    "You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself..."

  12. #267
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    6,813
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    247
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is the earth flat?

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    You are incapable of excercising objectivity Alpha. You have brought nothing to the table but the same jpegs from your infantile 'tek' WordPress site and your religions YouTube manifesto. You certainly have not conducted any observable experiments. Your trump card is the admission that Gravity pulls water towards the centre of the earth.


    https://steemit.com/science/@kerrikn...ve-on-a-sphere
    Of course water can curve, waves are motion, and droplets are caused due to surface tension. I have already explained adhesion, cohesion and meniscus. These are properties of water that we understand and can test. That's not the claim of the globe. The claim of the globe is that bodies of water can conform to the exterior of a shape. So where do we observe a body of water conforming to the exterior of a shape in the natural world? Are you trying to claim that a drop of water has the same properties as a body of water? Or that earth is a drop of water?

    As for level, you make another mistake. If one side of a body of water is lower (not level) with the other side, then that body of water will flow down to the lower point, until it fills it's container again and finds it's level. Again this is observable and testable.

    Just pouring a glass of water is an observable experiment of the natural physics of water. Where's an observation of your claim?

    I have never said that an Ice Wall is a proven fact, another strawman argument your invoking here. I have merely stated that the earth is demonstrably level, and that it must be some sort of container to hold the water in. Based on the natural physics of water.

    science
    the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment.


    Since your link mentioned gravity, where do we observe mass attracting mass in the physical and natural world?

    Remember the first step in the scientific method. Make an observation. So explain to me how gravity was proven using science and the scientific method.

    Oh yeah, and I'm still waiting for you to answer me on how much the earth curves per mile in inches. You claim the Pythagorean theorem is ancient, I already know it's BS, because the earth doesn't curve, but I want you to tell me what the measurements are, since you don't use that method.

    They live, We sleep

  13. #268
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    20,498
    Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1642
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is the earth flat?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    As for level, you make another mistake. If one side of a body of water is lower (not level) with the other side, then that body of water will flow down to the lower point, until it fills it's container again and finds it's level. Again this is observable and testable.


    And what causes water to "flow down to the lower point", Alpha? It's ok..... you can say it.

  14. #269
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    6,813
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    247
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is the earth flat?

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    As for level, you make another mistake. If one side of a body of water is lower (not level) with the other side, then that body of water will flow down to the lower point, until it fills it's container again and finds it's level. Again this is observable and testable.


    And what causes water to "flow down to the lower point", Alpha? It's ok..... you can say it.
    Yea sure, it is part of the natural physics of water and other fluids to always find their level and remain flat. If disturbed in any way, motion ensues until the flat level is resumed. If dammed up then released, the nature of all liquids is to quickly flood outwards taking the easiest course towards finding its new level.

    “The upper surface of a fluid at rest is a horizontal plane. Because if a part of the surface were higher than the rest, those parts of the fluid which were under it would exert a greater pressure upon the surrounding parts than they receive from them, so that motion would take place amongst the particles and continue until there were none at a higher level than the rest, that is, until the upper surface of the whole mass of fluid became a horizontal plane.” -W.T. Lynn, “First Principles of Natural Philosophy”

    Can you explain how rivers can flow uphill on a globe?

    Rivers run down to sea-level finding the easiest course, North, South, East, West and all other intermediary directions over the Earth at the same time. If Earth were truly a spinning ball then many of these rivers would be impossibly flowing uphill, for example the Mississippi in its 3000 miles would have to ascend 11 miles before reaching the Gulf of Mexico.

    One portion of the Nile River flows for a thousand miles with a fall of only one foot. Parts of the West African Congo, according to the supposed inclination and movement of the ball-Earth, would be sometimes running uphill and sometimes down. This would also be the case for the Parana, Paraguay and other long rivers.

    I'm also still waiting for you to confirm your answer that if the 2 substances weighing the same, were let go at the same time, you said they would both fall, I just wanted to confirm that you believe they would both fall?
    They live, We sleep

  15. #270
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    21,304
    Mentioned
    803 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1028
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is the earth flat?

    Alpha you just entirely made up things that i am supposedly claiming in order to play pretend again.I never mentioned an ice wall so you obviously don't even understand the very basics of debating. All you have done is admit that actually not only do you believe in gravity but you like everyone else see how it demonstrates itself with water everyday.

    Of course water can curve, waves are motion, and droplets are caused due to surface tension. I have already explained adhesion, cohesion and meniscus. These are properties of water that we understand and can test. That's not the claim of the globe. The claim of the globe is that bodies of water can conform to the exterior of a shape. So where do we observe a body of water conforming to the exterior of a shape in the natural world? Are you trying to claim that a drop of water has the same properties as a body of water? Or that earth is a drop of water?


    You are trying to pretend that everyone else is as thick as pig shit in order to pretend you have an argument.The FACT is that because of gravity, water is pulled towards the centre of the spherical earth. That is precisely why it then fills the troughs and valleys on the surface of this globe. So you are using an argument for a spherical earth to play pretend.Just like the fucking tired old dog whistle to other fearthers

    "Water finds it's own level"


    That is not a scientific principle it is an old adage meaning like attracts like. Next you will be telling is that Sea Level proves the Earth is flat. "The claim of the globe is that bodies of water can conform to the exterior of a shape."
    That has never been the claim of anyone but you and some other very stupid people. Quite the reverse.
    Hidden Content

    "You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself..."

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. flat footed
    By fightingforever in forum Ask the Trainer
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-06-2008, 01:41 PM
  2. Does your house/flat have a name...?
    By smashup in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 09-11-2008, 06:30 PM
  3. My Flat
    By beds in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-23-2006, 02:19 AM
  4. My flat was burgled last night....
    By Mark TKO in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-14-2006, 01:39 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing