Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  179
Dislikes Dislikes:  11
Page 24 of 46 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 346 to 360 of 690

Thread: Is the earth flat?

Share/Bookmark
  1. #346
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,646
    Mentioned
    611 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    581
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is the earth flat?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    You jump up in the air and you come back down to the ground. What do you call that? You don't believe in gravity then?

    I can't believe anybody actually engages with these people.
    There is no gravity, the earth sucks

  2. #347
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    46,689
    Mentioned
    888 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3148
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is the earth flat?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    You jump up in the air and you come back down to the ground. What do you call that? You don't believe in gravity then?

    I can't believe anybody actually engages with these people.
    Diversity of thought is fun. You can put him on ignore if it upsets you so much. For instance, religion is silly, the modern Labour Party is silly, and Rap music is silly, but we seem to accept they have their place. I don't mind just as long as nobody is forcing me to change my own views.
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWNc_AZewu7AAERwCfLfupUZIJSbzqC MgjXFbc0u9YrZkuInoB

  3. #348
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    6,698
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    243
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is the earth flat?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    Satellites and space stations have THOUSANDS OF TIMES filmed in stationary positions as well as orbited the planet Earth for weeks and months at a time videotaping the entire thing. Down below you can see the continents slowly going by moving Eastward. you see Africa and then the world keeps turning and you see the Atlantic ocean and it keeps turning and you see North America coming to view etc etc. THE PLANET IS A PERFECT SPHERE. WHEN LOOKING AT IT FROM SPACE YOU CAN ONLY SEE PART OF THE GLOBAL LANDSCAPE. therefore clearly the other countries and continents are on the other side of the sphere. If it was all flat you could see the entire global landscape like on a map hanging on your wall.
    Stand on one side of your house and get a friend to stand on the otherside. You won't be able to see each other. Doesn't mean your section is curved, just that there is stuff in the way. Can you see what's going on 3 blocks away from your door step? Pathetic, you must be new to this. All your talk about images and visuals but unable to accept the physics of water in your reality. Still waiting on that practical demonstration of your belief that a standing body of water naturally conforming to the exterior of a shape.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    You jump up in the air and you come back down to the ground. What do you call that? You don't believe in gravity then?

    I can't believe anybody actually engages with these people.
    I call jumping in the air and coming back down exactly that. Can you please define the term gravity so I know what you are referring to. You are the one that has failed to provide a practical demonstration of your belief. I feel the same way when zealots continue to push their beliefs without being able to practically demonstrate them as objective truths.
    They live, We sleep

  4. #349
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    6,698
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    243
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is the earth flat?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    You jump up in the air and you come back down to the ground. What do you call that? You don't believe in gravity then?

    I can't believe anybody actually engages with these people.
    Diversity of thought is fun. You can put him on ignore if it upsets you so much. For instance, religion is silly, the modern Labour Party is silly, and Rap music is silly, but we seem to accept they have their place. I don't mind just as long as nobody is forcing me to change my own views.
    Exactly, all I'm doing is asking questions of the affirmative claim. Those claims need to be practically demonstrated physically, using tangible substance before I would accept them as true. The globe reminds me of a cult, once someone leaves, all the other members try like crazy to get you back into their fold.

    I like this quote from Gandhi "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win"
    They live, We sleep

  5. #350
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,646
    Mentioned
    611 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    581
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is the earth flat?

    To often we are too busy talking to ourselves and can’t hear anything. But alpha are you saying the earth is definitely flat or are you saying it may not be round. Granted I can’t hold a ball of water but latitude and longitude have been accurate for a long time and is based on “roundness”. I don’t believe just because I can’t see certain things they don’t exist for now the mirror is dim and we see little but a time will come when we see all. I try not to attack anyone for their beliefs. I have been attacked for some of mine it’s pointless. As long as someone isn’t delusional it’s cool. I would like the flat earth believers to provide answers. Perhaps build a model of an accurate earth. Are there people on both sides? What keeps the water from falling off of a flat surface. The people living on the bottom, if they are, do they have water. Have we met these people.

  6. #351
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Fenay, Longvic
    Posts
    975
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    19
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is the earth flat?

    Wow. I volunteered once at a schizophrenia clinic for 8 hours as part of a 3-credit Abnormal Psychology class in Birmingham.
    These flat Earth claims come very near the centre of delusions of schizophrenics.

  7. #352
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Fenay, Longvic
    Posts
    975
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    19
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is the earth flat?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    Satellites and space stations have THOUSANDS OF TIMES filmed in stationary positions as well as orbited the planet Earth for weeks and months at a time videotaping the entire thing. Down below you can see the continents slowly going by moving Eastward. you see Africa and then the world keeps turning and you see the Atlantic ocean and it keeps turning and you see North America coming to view etc etc. THE PLANET IS A PERFECT SPHERE. WHEN LOOKING AT IT FROM SPACE YOU CAN ONLY SEE PART OF THE GLOBAL LANDSCAPE. therefore clearly the other countries and continents are on the other side of the sphere. If it was all flat you could see the entire global landscape like on a map hanging on your wall.
    Stand on one side of your house and get a friend to stand on the otherside. You won't be able to see each other. Doesn't mean your section is curved, just that there is stuff in the way. Can you see what's going on 3 blocks away from your door step? Pathetic, you must be new to this. All your talk about images and visuals but unable to accept the physics of water in your reality. Still waiting on that practical demonstration of your belief that a standing body of water naturally conforming to the exterior of a shape.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    You jump up in the air and you come back down to the ground. What do you call that? You don't believe in gravity then?

    I can't believe anybody actually engages with these people.
    I call jumping in the air and coming back down exactly that. Can you please define the term gravity so I know what you are referring to. You are the one that has failed to provide a practical demonstration of your belief. I feel the same way when zealots continue to push their beliefs without being able to practically demonstrate them as objective truths.
    "Just that there is stuff in the way"?
    You will have to demonstrate that in order to prove your claim that something is in the way
    .

  8. #353
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Fenay, Longvic
    Posts
    975
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    19
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is the earth flat?

    two people standing on different sides of a house is a strawman argument. What does the house have to do with looking at the Earth from outer space? Absolutely nothing. You must be the biggest hypocrite of all time. Talking to you is like talking to a schizophrenic. You can never get anywhere.

  9. #354
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Fenay, Longvic
    Posts
    975
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    19
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is the earth flat?

    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post


    Wtf do astronauts know? They're in on it.

    It's all part of the Global Astronomical Roundness Bullshit Assertions and other Great Errors (or G.A.R.B.A.G.E) conspiracy.
    Again, if you want to believe hearsay, pictures and video, then all power to you. I prefer actual science. You know, natural science, that uses empirical evidence to prove things.

    But again, if you want to believe water can conform to the exterior of a shape, when you know that's impossible in our reality, and again, something you have never seen, and are able to prove yourself, doesn't happen in our reality, then all power to you. You believe in God without any empirical evidence, so you have already shown that you are susceptible to deception. But I hope you realize that is also only a belief, and not a proven fact as well.
    So u call me susceptible to deception for my spiritual beliefs. Is that how we counter differing views now? Seems a bit narrow. If I may ask, when did I mention religion to you
    #NeverForget @walrus

  10. #355
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    38,716
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4724
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is the earth flat?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post


    Wtf do astronauts know? They're in on it.

    It's all part of the Global Astronomical Roundness Bullshit Assertions and other Great Errors (or G.A.R.B.A.G.E) conspiracy.
    Again, if you want to believe hearsay, pictures and video, then all power to you. I prefer actual science. You know, natural science, that uses empirical evidence to prove things.

    But again, if you want to believe water can conform to the exterior of a shape, when you know that's impossible in our reality, and again, something you have never seen, and are able to prove yourself, doesn't happen in our reality, then all power to you. You believe in God without any empirical evidence, so you have already shown that you are susceptible to deception. But I hope you realize that is also only a belief, and not a proven fact as well.
    So u call me susceptible to deception for my spiritual beliefs. Is that how we counter differing views now? Seems a bit narrow. If I may ask, when did I mention religion to you
    #NeverForget @walrus
    #Toomanytells

  11. #356
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Fenay, Longvic
    Posts
    975
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    19
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is the earth flat?

    @Alpha

    Why don’t you drive to the edge of the Earth and take a picture? Then post it. Drive to the edge of the Earth.

    😆😆😆

  12. #357
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Fenay, Longvic
    Posts
    975
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    19
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is the earth flat?

    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post


    Wtf do astronauts know? They're in on it.

    It's all part of the Global Astronomical Roundness Bullshit Assertions and other Great Errors (or G.A.R.B.A.G.E) conspiracy.
    Again, if you want to believe hearsay, pictures and video, then all power to you. I prefer actual science. You know, natural science, that uses empirical evidence to prove things.

    But again, if you want to believe water can conform to the exterior of a shape, when you know that's impossible in our reality, and again, something you have never seen, and are able to prove yourself, doesn't happen in our reality, then all power to you. You believe in God without any empirical evidence, so you have already shown that you are susceptible to deception. But I hope you realize that is also only a belief, and not a proven fact as well.
    So u call me susceptible to deception for my spiritual beliefs. Is that how we counter differing views now? Seems a bit narrow. If I may ask, when did I mention religion to you
    #NeverForget @walrus
    #Toomanytells
    Means what exactly? Calm your tits and happy Halloween 😄

  13. #358
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    38,716
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4724
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is the earth flat?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post


    Wtf do astronauts know? They're in on it.

    It's all part of the Global Astronomical Roundness Bullshit Assertions and other Great Errors (or G.A.R.B.A.G.E) conspiracy.
    Again, if you want to believe hearsay, pictures and video, then all power to you. I prefer actual science. You know, natural science, that uses empirical evidence to prove things.

    But again, if you want to believe water can conform to the exterior of a shape, when you know that's impossible in our reality, and again, something you have never seen, and are able to prove yourself, doesn't happen in our reality, then all power to you. You believe in God without any empirical evidence, so you have already shown that you are susceptible to deception. But I hope you realize that is also only a belief, and not a proven fact as well.
    So u call me susceptible to deception for my spiritual beliefs. Is that how we counter differing views now? Seems a bit narrow. If I may ask, when did I mention religion to you
    #NeverForget @walrus
    #Toomanytells
    Means what exactly? Calm your tits and happy Halloween 😄
    Laugh it up Ravioli

  14. #359
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    6,698
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    243
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is the earth flat?

    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    To often we are too busy talking to ourselves and can’t hear anything. But alpha are you saying the earth is definitely flat or are you saying it may not be round. Granted I can’t hold a ball of water but latitude and longitude have been accurate for a long time and is based on “roundness”. I don’t believe just because I can’t see certain things they don’t exist for now the mirror is dim and we see little but a time will come when we see all. I try not to attack anyone for their beliefs. I have been attacked for some of mine it’s pointless. As long as someone isn’t delusional it’s cool. I would like the flat earth believers to provide answers. Perhaps build a model of an accurate earth. Are there people on both sides? What keeps the water from falling off of a flat surface. The people living on the bottom, if they are, do they have water. Have we met these people.
    I am saying that the earth is demonstrably level based on practical demonstration of tangible substance. It is definitely not a globe as the physics of water demonstrate. Longitude and Latitude were invented on a flat map by Eratosthenes https://www.ancient.eu/uploads/image...g?v=1485682718
    I also try not to attack other peoples beliefs, the thing is the affirmative claim is what is being taught to everyone, when it is only a concept, and the claims can't be practically demonstrated using tangible substances. I consider myself a direct realist. There are people that put maps and models and speculations together, I however have never been supportive of maps or models, as I feel full unrestricted exploration is required before we can move forward. I always felt maps and models were a bad idea because they open the door to strawman arguments. I prefer to focus on Natural Science and tangible substance.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    Wow. I volunteered once at a schizophrenia clinic for 8 hours as part of a 3-credit Abnormal Psychology class in Birmingham.
    These flat Earth claims come very near the centre of delusions of schizophrenics.
    Are you disputing the physics of water?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    Satellites and space stations have THOUSANDS OF TIMES filmed in stationary positions as well as orbited the planet Earth for weeks and months at a time videotaping the entire thing. Down below you can see the continents slowly going by moving Eastward. you see Africa and then the world keeps turning and you see the Atlantic ocean and it keeps turning and you see North America coming to view etc etc. THE PLANET IS A PERFECT SPHERE. WHEN LOOKING AT IT FROM SPACE YOU CAN ONLY SEE PART OF THE GLOBAL LANDSCAPE. therefore clearly the other countries and continents are on the other side of the sphere. If it was all flat you could see the entire global landscape like on a map hanging on your wall.
    Stand on one side of your house and get a friend to stand on the otherside. You won't be able to see each other. Doesn't mean your section is curved, just that there is stuff in the way. Can you see what's going on 3 blocks away from your door step? Pathetic, you must be new to this. All your talk about images and visuals but unable to accept the physics of water in your reality. Still waiting on that practical demonstration of your belief that a standing body of water naturally conforming to the exterior of a shape.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    You jump up in the air and you come back down to the ground. What do you call that? You don't believe in gravity then?

    I can't believe anybody actually engages with these people.
    I call jumping in the air and coming back down exactly that. Can you please define the term gravity so I know what you are referring to. You are the one that has failed to provide a practical demonstration of your belief. I feel the same way when zealots continue to push their beliefs without being able to practically demonstrate them as objective truths.
    "Just that there is stuff in the way"?
    You will have to demonstrate that in order to prove your claim that something is in the way
    .
    If I stand on one side of my house with someone on the otherside, the house is in the way. Same with 3 blocks over. Houses are in the way. Why are you being intellectually dishonest?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    two people standing on different sides of a house is a strawman argument. What does the house have to do with looking at the Earth from outer space? Absolutely nothing. You must be the biggest hypocrite of all time. Talking to you is like talking to a schizophrenic. You can never get anywhere.
    No it's not. You said you would be able to see the entire global landscape if it was flat. I was pointing out an objective truth that you can't even see a few blocks away with houses, trees etc on the land.

    I'll ask again, can you provide a physical, practical demonstration of a standing body of water naturally conforming to the exterior of a shape?

    Oh and I see you ignored the request to define your use of the term gravity.

    There's no need to talk to me, unless you have a practical demonstration.
    They live, We sleep

  15. #360
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    6,698
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    243
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is the earth flat?

    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post


    Wtf do astronauts know? They're in on it.

    It's all part of the Global Astronomical Roundness Bullshit Assertions and other Great Errors (or G.A.R.B.A.G.E) conspiracy.
    Again, if you want to believe hearsay, pictures and video, then all power to you. I prefer actual science. You know, natural science, that uses empirical evidence to prove things.

    But again, if you want to believe water can conform to the exterior of a shape, when you know that's impossible in our reality, and again, something you have never seen, and are able to prove yourself, doesn't happen in our reality, then all power to you. You believe in God without any empirical evidence, so you have already shown that you are susceptible to deception. But I hope you realize that is also only a belief, and not a proven fact as well.
    So u call me susceptible to deception for my spiritual beliefs. Is that how we counter differing views now? Seems a bit narrow. If I may ask, when did I mention religion to you
    #NeverForget @walrus
    #Toomanytells
    I know right.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    @Alpha

    Why don’t you drive to the edge of the Earth and take a picture? Then post it. Drive to the edge of the Earth.

    😆😆😆
    Another strawman? What is this edge you speak off and have you been to it? Because you will need to prove that.
    They live, We sleep

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. flat footed
    By fightingforever in forum Ask the Trainer
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-06-2008, 01:41 PM
  2. Does your house/flat have a name...?
    By smashup in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 09-11-2008, 06:30 PM
  3. My Flat
    By beds in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-23-2006, 02:19 AM
  4. My flat was burgled last night....
    By Mark TKO in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-14-2006, 01:39 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing