Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  179
Dislikes Dislikes:  11
Page 31 of 46 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 465 of 690

Thread: Is the earth flat?

Share/Bookmark
  1. #451
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Fenay, Longvic
    Posts
    1,200
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    24
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is the earth flat?

    Again avoiding the point, is all you do like an expert avoiding it! Size of shadow is avoiding my point and you know it! Shape of shadow is the point. Shadow is curved. Each side as well, first the leading curve edge of Earth passes across the moon, then the Earth blocks out the moon perfectly, then the opposite edge of the Earth passes across the moon. Your change that subject to avoid the truth.

  2. #452
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    46,825
    Mentioned
    894 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3151
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is the earth flat?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    so why don't you go sideways when you jump up in the air? Why just straight down every time? Why always straight down when you drop a ball from your hand? Why straight down when you drop a rock off the leaning tower of Pisa? Why not sideways? Why not up? Why not at a diagonal? Your arguments a're absolutely asinine and you are the biggest troll on Earth. If I was King I would stop people like you from spouting diarrhea because the rest of us should not have to hear the nonsense. Is the Moon made of green cheese? You are an idiot.

    you never answer anybody's questions. You didn't answer El kabong and you didn't answer walrus and you didn't answer me. Whenever there's a question you can't answer you say it's an ad hominem argument. Nice and convenient strategy you have.

    I don't know how you live with yourself, living in 100% denial, living the life of a pure liar.
    A repugnant the troll who should not have the right to speak.
    Bit Molotov's from the Mount on the last eh. Not like any single odd ball topic and stubborn dedication therein defines us fully as real life scale individuals. I think the Earth being flat is nuttier than Chinese chicken salad but fair play to Alpha being back in it and making a case as one, far from a moron, idiot or a life of lies.
    Anyone who thinks the world is flat is an idiot. it means they have to willfully ignore looking up and seeing all the heavenly bodies spherical in shape. It means they have to willfully look up during lunar and solar eclipses and ignore the curvature of the shadow that the Earth casts on to the moon and that the moon casts on to the Earth etc etc etc. You can't get more idiotic than that. I'm just stating a fact. sermon on the Mount is more about morals and things of that nature. But if somebody comes up and says two plus two equals 7 I think using shear logic it's pretty idiotic
    It makes complete sense if you are using shear logic. You can always adapt the seven to fit the formula with a careful trim.
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWNc_AZewu7AAERwCfLfupUZIJSbzqC MgjXFbc0u9YrZkuInoB

  3. #453
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    6,816
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    247
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is the earth flat?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    Again avoiding the point, is all you do like an expert avoiding it! Size of shadow is avoiding my point and you know it! Shape of shadow is the point. Shadow is curved. Each side as well, first the leading curve edge of Earth passes across the moon, then the Earth blocks out the moon perfectly, then the opposite edge of the Earth passes across the moon. Your change that subject to avoid the truth.
    CELESTIAL TRACKING WAS INVENTED BY FLAT EARTHERS. ECLIPSE PREDICTION WAS INVENTED BY FLAT EARTHERS. THALES AND ANAXIMANDER OF MILETUS ARE IN GLOBE EARTH HISTORY BOOKS SAYING THEY WERE THE FIRST TO CORRECTLY PREDICT AN ECLIPSE!! Citation: "In concluding this astronomical discussion, the Lecturer expressed his opinion that the date B C. 585 was now established for the eclipse of Thales beyond the possibility of a doubt." Airy on Thales' eclipse - On the results of recent calculations on the Eclipse of Thales and Eclipses connected with it. - G B Airy, Esq. F.R.S. Astronomer Royal https://www-history.mcs.st-andrews.a...ry_Thales.html "Thales described a simple model of a small flat Earth surrounded by a sheet of water" http://practicalphysics.org/thales-model-universe.html "Anaximander described the Earth as rounded and circular with two plane surfaces (not necessarily a flat disk, more like a cylinder or ‘stone pillar’), which was suspended freely in space." http://astronomy.swin.edu.au/cosmos/A/Anaximander

    Looking at the sky gives you nothing quantifiable for the shape of the earth. Where can I go and measure this curvature then? Give me something practical.

    You continue to push visual phenomena, when physical, tangible phenomena proves the globe is only a concept.

    You have jumped from images, to gravity, to eclipses etc as your proofies but failed to provide a practical demonstration of your belief in the claim of the globe that standing bodies of water can conform to the exterior of a shape. All you have is faith, you can test the physics of water for yourself.
    They live, We sleep

  4. #454
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Fenay, Longvic
    Posts
    1,200
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    24
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is the earth flat?

    Nonsense dressed up as reasoning is flat Earth er nutters!

  5. #455
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,710
    Mentioned
    616 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    584
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is the earth flat?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    so why don't you go sideways when you jump up in the air? Why just straight down every time? Why always straight down when you drop a ball from your hand? Why straight down when you drop a rock off the leaning tower of Pisa? Why not sideways? Why not up? Why not at a diagonal? Your arguments a're absolutely asinine and you are the biggest troll on Earth. If I was King I would stop people like you from spouting diarrhea because the rest of us should not have to hear the nonsense. Is the Moon made of green cheese? You are an idiot.

    you never answer anybody's questions. You didn't answer El kabong and you didn't answer walrus and you didn't answer me. Whenever there's a question you can't answer you say it's an ad hominem argument. Nice and convenient strategy you have.

    I don't know how you live with yourself, living in 100% denial, living the life of a pure liar.
    A repugnant the troll who should not have the right to speak.
    I’m not asking questions to attack alpha I’m actually interested in the flat earthers. So you as you will saddosotafats but I’m not insulting or calling names just trying to get answers. I waterfall falls right, then it keeps going and sometimes turns into more waterfalls. They were actually able to measure the three gorges damn effecting the earths rotation. Anyway, I find it interesting. I think you are English fats, in the US we are open minded to such things.
    But are you really interested?

    Let me ask you. Would you agree that it's an objective physical truth that a body of water will always take the shape of its container and the surface will always be level?
    I am interested why do we need pumps to bring water up from underground

  6. #456
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    6,816
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    247
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is the earth flat?

    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    so why don't you go sideways when you jump up in the air? Why just straight down every time? Why always straight down when you drop a ball from your hand? Why straight down when you drop a rock off the leaning tower of Pisa? Why not sideways? Why not up? Why not at a diagonal? Your arguments a're absolutely asinine and you are the biggest troll on Earth. If I was King I would stop people like you from spouting diarrhea because the rest of us should not have to hear the nonsense. Is the Moon made of green cheese? You are an idiot.

    you never answer anybody's questions. You didn't answer El kabong and you didn't answer walrus and you didn't answer me. Whenever there's a question you can't answer you say it's an ad hominem argument. Nice and convenient strategy you have.

    I don't know how you live with yourself, living in 100% denial, living the life of a pure liar.
    A repugnant the troll who should not have the right to speak.
    I’m not asking questions to attack alpha I’m actually interested in the flat earthers. So you as you will saddosotafats but I’m not insulting or calling names just trying to get answers. I waterfall falls right, then it keeps going and sometimes turns into more waterfalls. They were actually able to measure the three gorges damn effecting the earths rotation. Anyway, I find it interesting. I think you are English fats, in the US we are open minded to such things.
    But are you really interested?

    Let me ask you. Would you agree that it's an objective physical truth that a body of water will always take the shape of its container and the surface will always be level?
    I am interested why do we need pumps to bring water up from underground
    I tried to establish first principles, to see where we agree so we could have a discussion. I leave you to your delusion.
    They live, We sleep

  7. #457
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,710
    Mentioned
    616 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    584
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is the earth flat?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    so why don't you go sideways when you jump up in the air? Why just straight down every time? Why always straight down when you drop a ball from your hand? Why straight down when you drop a rock off the leaning tower of Pisa? Why not sideways? Why not up? Why not at a diagonal? Your arguments a're absolutely asinine and you are the biggest troll on Earth. If I was King I would stop people like you from spouting diarrhea because the rest of us should not have to hear the nonsense. Is the Moon made of green cheese? You are an idiot.

    you never answer anybody's questions. You didn't answer El kabong and you didn't answer walrus and you didn't answer me. Whenever there's a question you can't answer you say it's an ad hominem argument. Nice and convenient strategy you have.

    I don't know how you live with yourself, living in 100% denial, living the life of a pure liar.
    A repugnant the troll who should not have the right to speak.
    I’m not asking questions to attack alpha I’m actually interested in the flat earthers. So you as you will saddosotafats but I’m not insulting or calling names just trying to get answers. I waterfall falls right, then it keeps going and sometimes turns into more waterfalls. They were actually able to measure the three gorges damn effecting the earths rotation. Anyway, I find it interesting. I think you are English fats, in the US we are open minded to such things.
    But are you really interested?

    Let me ask you. Would you agree that it's an objective physical truth that a body of water will always take the shape of its container and the surface will always be level?
    I am interested why do we need pumps to bring water up from underground
    I tried to establish first principles, to see where we agree so we could have a discussion. I leave you to your delusion.
    The king of delusion calls me delusional. I like that.

  8. #458
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    6,816
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    247
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is the earth flat?

    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    so why don't you go sideways when you jump up in the air? Why just straight down every time? Why always straight down when you drop a ball from your hand? Why straight down when you drop a rock off the leaning tower of Pisa? Why not sideways? Why not up? Why not at a diagonal? Your arguments a're absolutely asinine and you are the biggest troll on Earth. If I was King I would stop people like you from spouting diarrhea because the rest of us should not have to hear the nonsense. Is the Moon made of green cheese? You are an idiot.

    you never answer anybody's questions. You didn't answer El kabong and you didn't answer walrus and you didn't answer me. Whenever there's a question you can't answer you say it's an ad hominem argument. Nice and convenient strategy you have.

    I don't know how you live with yourself, living in 100% denial, living the life of a pure liar.
    A repugnant the troll who should not have the right to speak.
    I’m not asking questions to attack alpha I’m actually interested in the flat earthers. So you as you will saddosotafats but I’m not insulting or calling names just trying to get answers. I waterfall falls right, then it keeps going and sometimes turns into more waterfalls. They were actually able to measure the three gorges damn effecting the earths rotation. Anyway, I find it interesting. I think you are English fats, in the US we are open minded to such things.
    But are you really interested?

    Let me ask you. Would you agree that it's an objective physical truth that a body of water will always take the shape of its container and the surface will always be level?
    I am interested why do we need pumps to bring water up from underground
    I tried to establish first principles, to see where we agree so we could have a discussion. I leave you to your delusion.
    The king of delusion calls me delusional. I like that.
    Well when you have your practical demonstration of the affirmative claim I am questioning, let me know.
    They live, We sleep

  9. #459
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Fenay, Longvic
    Posts
    1,200
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    24
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is the earth flat?

    Whole the forum waits for YOUR practically demonstration of your claim. Please post you'rs here in these thread. Because the Earth is flat is biggest claim ever made!

  10. #460
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    6,816
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    247
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is the earth flat?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    Whole the forum waits for YOUR practically demonstration of your claim. Please post you'rs here in these thread. Because the Earth is flat is biggest claim ever made!
    Earth is demonstrable level as demonstrated by the physics of the tangible substance. You can test the physics of water for yourself. I can make predictions about the substance and they will be correct everytime. Still waiting on your practical demonstration of the affirmative claim in the belief that the substance does something different.
    They live, We sleep

  11. #461
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Fenay, Longvic
    Posts
    1,200
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    24
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is the earth flat?

    None of that is really making much sense in that that sentences of those

  12. #462
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,710
    Mentioned
    616 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    584
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is the earth flat?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    so why don't you go sideways when you jump up in the air? Why just straight down every time? Why always straight down when you drop a ball from your hand? Why straight down when you drop a rock off the leaning tower of Pisa? Why not sideways? Why not up? Why not at a diagonal? Your arguments a're absolutely asinine and you are the biggest troll on Earth. If I was King I would stop people like you from spouting diarrhea because the rest of us should not have to hear the nonsense. Is the Moon made of green cheese? You are an idiot.

    you never answer anybody's questions. You didn't answer El kabong and you didn't answer walrus and you didn't answer me. Whenever there's a question you can't answer you say it's an ad hominem argument. Nice and convenient strategy you have.

    I don't know how you live with yourself, living in 100% denial, living the life of a pure liar.
    A repugnant the troll who should not have the right to speak.
    I’m not asking questions to attack alpha I’m actually interested in the flat earthers. So you as you will saddosotafats but I’m not insulting or calling names just trying to get answers. I waterfall falls right, then it keeps going and sometimes turns into more waterfalls. They were actually able to measure the three gorges damn effecting the earths rotation. Anyway, I find it interesting. I think you are English fats, in the US we are open minded to such things.
    But are you really interested?

    Let me ask you. Would you agree that it's an objective physical truth that a body of water will always take the shape of its container and the surface will always be level?
    I am interested why do we need pumps to bring water up from underground
    I tried to establish first principles, to see where we agree so we could have a discussion. I leave you to your delusion.
    The king of delusion calls me delusional. I like that.
    Well when you have your practical demonstration of the affirmative claim I am questioning, let me know.
    You are a real cockwomble

  13. #463
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    6,816
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    247
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is the earth flat?

    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    so why don't you go sideways when you jump up in the air? Why just straight down every time? Why always straight down when you drop a ball from your hand? Why straight down when you drop a rock off the leaning tower of Pisa? Why not sideways? Why not up? Why not at a diagonal? Your arguments a're absolutely asinine and you are the biggest troll on Earth. If I was King I would stop people like you from spouting diarrhea because the rest of us should not have to hear the nonsense. Is the Moon made of green cheese? You are an idiot.

    you never answer anybody's questions. You didn't answer El kabong and you didn't answer walrus and you didn't answer me. Whenever there's a question you can't answer you say it's an ad hominem argument. Nice and convenient strategy you have.

    I don't know how you live with yourself, living in 100% denial, living the life of a pure liar.
    A repugnant the troll who should not have the right to speak.
    I’m not asking questions to attack alpha I’m actually interested in the flat earthers. So you as you will saddosotafats but I’m not insulting or calling names just trying to get answers. I waterfall falls right, then it keeps going and sometimes turns into more waterfalls. They were actually able to measure the three gorges damn effecting the earths rotation. Anyway, I find it interesting. I think you are English fats, in the US we are open minded to such things.
    But are you really interested?

    Let me ask you. Would you agree that it's an objective physical truth that a body of water will always take the shape of its container and the surface will always be level?
    I am interested why do we need pumps to bring water up from underground
    I tried to establish first principles, to see where we agree so we could have a discussion. I leave you to your delusion.
    The king of delusion calls me delusional. I like that.
    Well when you have your practical demonstration of the affirmative claim I am questioning, let me know.
    You are a real cockwomble
    Argumentum ad hominem attack fallacy isn't measurable proof of the affirmative claim using natural or applied science using tangible substance.
    They live, We sleep

  14. #464
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    21,324
    Mentioned
    806 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1029
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is the earth flat?

    @Alpha

    1. Did you come to the conclusion that the earth was flat after watching lots of Youtube videos? or did videos play no part in convincing you?

    2. Have you had any other awakenings ? I mean by that are there any other things you believe are huge false coverups. What many would call conspiracy theories. I ask because this seems to be the case with you views on the Holocaust. 9/11? Sandy Hook? Fluoride in the water etc?

    3. Has discovering the earth is flat given your life some added value and meaning? I mean by that is it freeing do you feel less suppressed and more empowered in your life?

    4. Do you then believe that you are more aware than virtually every scientist on earth ? Have you conducted more experiments than them?

    5. Did Hitler go to Antartica and see the edge of the earth?

    6. What is the motivation behind ever scientist, explorer, etc repeating the lie that the earth is a globe and inventing the science, producing the fake images and inventing products that prove it?

    7. What proof led you to believe the ideology that would motivate these globe pushers has gone on for centuries ? Did you discover that it is a religious or some kind of international cult?

    8. Could you provide some simple experiments you have undertaken to prove the earth is flat which we can reproduce at home please?
    Hidden Content

    "You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself..."

  15. #465
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    6,816
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    247
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Is the earth flat?

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    @Alpha

    1. Did you come to the conclusion that the earth was flat after watching lots of Youtube videos? or did videos play no part in convincing you?

    2. Have you had any other awakenings ? I mean by that are there any other things you believe are huge false coverups. What many would call conspiracy theories. I ask because this seems to be the case with you views on the Holocaust. 9/11? Sandy Hook? Fluoride in the water etc?

    3. Has discovering the earth is flat given your life some added value and meaning? I mean by that is it freeing do you feel less suppressed and more empowered in your life?

    4. Do you then believe that you are more aware than virtually every scientist on earth ? Have you conducted more experiments than them?

    5. Did Hitler go to Antartica and see the edge of the earth?

    6. What is the motivation behind ever scientist, explorer, etc repeating the lie that the earth is a globe and inventing the science, producing the fake images and inventing products that prove it?

    7. What proof led you to believe the ideology that would motivate these globe pushers has gone on for centuries ? Did you discover that it is a religious or some kind of international cult?

    8. Could you provide some simple experiments you have undertaken to prove the earth is flat which we can reproduce at home please?
    @Beanz

    1. It was brought to my attention in 2009 in conversation. Where I originally thought it was crazy and didn’t think much about it past that day. Then again in December 2015, just before New Years it was brought up again in conversations over several days. Come January 2016 I had put aside the belief that I live on a spinning ball in a vacuum. Most of it was reading, then testing what I had researched. As for YouTube, once I started watching back then, guys like Dubay, Boylan, Bales and of course Sargent were producing content that added to my research. No, the videos did not convince me. Science (and I’ll define that for you, natural science) did. Things like the trivium, the quadrivium, the Socratic method, Euclid, I had already done a load of physics papers.

    2. I know there are plenty of huge false cover ups. Once the veil drops about the globe, you soon realize how much you assumed you knew. Like Yoda says, “You must unlearn, what you have learned.

    3. Lots of added value and meaning. I feel more empowered as an individual.

    4. Appeal to authority fallacy.

    5. Strawman. Can you tell me about this edge you are talking about?

    6. I can’t speak for the motivations of others, I have many speculations, but I’m sure you can research that info and discern for yourself. 50 million or so a day for NASA is a good starting place. The why is irrelevant to me as it’s nothing quantifiable, measurable or demonstrable for the shape of the earth.

    7. Basically, the same as 6.

    8. I’m not trying to prove the earth is flat. I am questioning the claims of the globe using natural and applied science. I’m sure you can find many yourself, but just start with water, make some predictions and test it. Then move onto pressure. Then motion and applied pressure. Then some geometry. Basically, just put every aspect and claim of the globe through the scientific method.

    Hope that helps. Now just one question from me for now:

    Are you able to provide a practical demonstration for the affirmative claim of a standing body of water naturally conforming to the exterior of a shape?
    They live, We sleep

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. flat footed
    By fightingforever in forum Ask the Trainer
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-06-2008, 01:41 PM
  2. Does your house/flat have a name...?
    By smashup in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 09-11-2008, 06:30 PM
  3. My Flat
    By beds in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-23-2006, 02:19 AM
  4. My flat was burgled last night....
    By Mark TKO in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-14-2006, 01:39 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing