Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  32
Dislikes Dislikes:  10
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 218

Thread: "London is no longer an English city" - John Cleese exposes himself as evil "racist"

Share/Bookmark
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    46,838
    Mentioned
    894 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3151
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: "London is no longer an English city" - John Cleese exposes himself as evil "raci

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I merely pointed out that you have no experience of Japan. I do have experience of living in several non multicultural and multicultural British cities and have visited many countries thus I find it easy to compare and contrast and then of course add data to the picture. Your comment was pure unmerited bigotry/racism and you do it all the time. So welcome to club racist. If I wasn't married I would probably have moved to Japan myself. Nowhere is perfect but I guarantee you won't get ripped off or feel hard done by by anyone if you go. It's a lovely and safe place.
    I am not disputing the fact that you may have lived somewhere other than Yorkshire, but that does not make you an expert, or my opinion some kind of feeble conjecture based on ignorance. Many of my family have lived all over the world. Sometimes being schooled there, living with indigenous people and often studying the very cultures you love to opine on, and it is quite clear that racism can be found anywhere. It is not bigotry or racist to point out how racist many Japanese people are, that is simply a fact, you in you rush to virtue signal your worthiness, insist on censoring and trying to bury under the carpet.

    My comment about racist Asians was based on conversations and interactions for 30 years with my Dads second wife, who is Asian. After meeting her and marrying her in the Solomon islands, my old man lived in Japan for a whole and has been back many times. But no...you had to assume i was being the type of person you love to hate.

    It gets pretty tiresome.

    Of course anyone can be racist. I can remember when visiting my brother in Kelvin Glasgow and going down to the local off license being so taken aback by not just the fact it was all barred up, and that they handed you the booze through a hatch like a bank, at the speed and strength of the little Indian ladies Glaswegian accent, I nearly burst out laughing. Does that make me a racist? Maybe? Who cares?

    Everyone is a hypocrite if they are truly human. It's good to recognise that.

    I shall probably go to Japan in 2021 with the other half for our 50th.
    If it was a fact you would be able to quantify it in some way or at the least have examples. Have you actually experienced this racism? You are speaking to someone that has spent 2 decades in Asia and I just ain't seeing it how you are. You get your Ryan Boundless types who see gloom in everything, but most are just living ordinary and rather content lives. My friend married there with kids is happy enough and no real issues.

    Maybe my view of racism is less like yours too. I was speaking to a Japanese girl about the UK and she was horrified by the immigration issues. She would be racist to you, but a normal girl to me. Nobody wants their country overrun completely. That's not racism. It is simply opposing very bad politics.
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWNc_AZewu7AAERwCfLfupUZIJSbzqC MgjXFbc0u9YrZkuInoB

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    58,691
    Mentioned
    517 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2987
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: "London is no longer an English city" - John Cleese exposes himself as evil "raci

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    It's called Free Speech and respecting the fact that someone can have a different opinion to you. That is part of being English. You should try it. PJW does not seem to understand that. Which is why he is not a great example of an Englishman.
    I'm well aware of what free speech is and isn't I'm having a laugh at the absurdity of how the UK is handling the situation these days. I bring up Cleese mocking Nazi's in an episode of Fawlty Towers because Count Dankula makes a video of him being a cheeky boy and turning his girlfriend's (now wife) pug into a Nazi and he is CHARGED WITH A HATE CRIME, he's threatened with jail, he's been made to pay fines and for fucking what? He was doing nothing any other comedian in the 20th century did and he's not celebrating Nazis I wouldn't think the 3 actual Nazis left on planet Earth would be all "Wunderbar! Hey guys a Pug has joined our ranks! Ist das nicht das Beste? Sie sind die überlegene Rasse!" the fucking mindset one has to have to consider it "racist hate speech" is scary to be quite honest. I've met some dumb people in my life but I'm not so certain I've met anyone so dumb as to believe Dankula turned his now wife's pug into a follower of Hitler or that Cleese is some sort of hatemonger for daring to notice the dramatic demographic shift in London over the course of his life.

    I know jokes are up for interpretation and that everything might not garner a laugh or even a hearty chuckle but for fucks sake getting so offended the law is called on the comedian in question says quite a lot about the fucking state of freedom of speech in your neck of the woods. Cleese made a comment, he's not wrong AT ALL, and people will now attack him for daring to notice the changes....what a time to be alive.


    You don't think PJW is a good example of an "Englishman" ....alright then who is? I'd imagine you wouldn't be listing out Churchill, Rhodes, Isaac Newton, Sir Walter Raleigh, Charles Darwin, William Shakespeare, Henry VIII, Earnest Shackleton, Captain James Cook, General Montgomery, Geoffrey Chaucer, but hell maybe you would...who qualifies as "representative of England" certainly not John Cleese now?
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    11,543
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2164
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: "London is no longer an English city" - John Cleese exposes himself as evil "raci

    I have never been a huge fan of Cleese however he is bang on, one of the reasons I don't go out in London anymore.
    Factually he is right, but i would still class London as an English city even if only by location.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    21,334
    Mentioned
    806 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1029
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: "London is no longer an English city" - John Cleese exposes himself as evil "raci

    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    It's called Free Speech and respecting the fact that someone can have a different opinion to you. That is part of being English. You should try it. PJW does not seem to understand that. Which is why he is not a great example of an Englishman.
    I'm well aware of what free speech is and isn't I'm having a laugh at the absurdity of how the UK is handling the situation these days. I bring up Cleese mocking Nazi's in an episode of Fawlty Towers because Count Dankula makes a video of him being a cheeky boy and turning his girlfriend's (now wife) pug into a Nazi and he is CHARGED WITH A HATE CRIME, he's threatened with jail, he's been made to pay fines and for fucking what? He was doing nothing any other comedian in the 20th century did and he's not celebrating Nazis I wouldn't think the 3 actual Nazis left on planet Earth would be all "Wunderbar! Hey guys a Pug has joined our ranks! Ist das nicht das Beste? Sie sind die überlegene Rasse!" the fucking mindset one has to have to consider it "racist hate speech" is scary to be quite honest. I've met some dumb people in my life but I'm not so certain I've met anyone so dumb as to believe Dankula turned his now wife's pug into a follower of Hitler or that Cleese is some sort of hatemonger for daring to notice the dramatic demographic shift in London over the course of his life.

    I know jokes are up for interpretation and that everything might not garner a laugh or even a hearty chuckle but for fucks sake getting so offended the law is called on the comedian in question says quite a lot about the fucking state of freedom of speech in your neck of the woods. Cleese made a comment, he's not wrong AT ALL, and people will now attack him for daring to notice the changes....what a time to be alive.


    You don't think PJW is a good example of an "Englishman" ....alright then who is? I'd imagine you wouldn't be listing out Churchill, Rhodes, Isaac Newton, Sir Walter Raleigh, Charles Darwin, William Shakespeare, Henry VIII, Earnest Shackleton, Captain James Cook, General Montgomery, Geoffrey Chaucer, but hell maybe you would...who qualifies as "representative of England" certainly not John Cleese now?
    I think you have no idea what free speech is to be honest, and you most certainly are not just having a laugh about it. It is a crusade much more vocal and shouty than any of the people simply expressing opinions you seek to terminate by misrepresentation. The point is that you have been dictating to us in the UK here on the forum, exactly what free speech should mean, relentlessly, for years now. Not just expressing your view but insisting that we all must adopt your definition. Now you telling us what it means to be English. Just like you did with the insulting derogatory assumption that a steroid abusing WWF wrestler was someone we should all hold in high esteem.

    You are eager to believe Watson, a fringe racist hipster that the majority of the British public have even heard of. Why? because he is willing to lie to you and pretend that Dom Joly, who is abut as mainstream as a TV comedian could get is now magically MR far left because he dared to comment on Cleese's tweet. So you don't believe in free speech at all really.

    The point is no one figure can be representative of what it means to be English but all those you foist upon us and hold in such high esteem are nothing of the kind. Milo? fucking give me a break Benjamin who came last and could not get elected , Robinson who did so badly he had to give up his deposit and then you bring up Dankula a fucking nobody who is Scottish...fucking hell man, Maybe keep your powder dry if you have no idea what you are talking about.
    Hidden Content

    "You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself..."

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    21,334
    Mentioned
    806 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1029
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: "London is no longer an English city" - John Cleese exposes himself as evil "raci

    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I merely pointed out that you have no experience of Japan. I do have experience of living in several non multicultural and multicultural British cities and have visited many countries thus I find it easy to compare and contrast and then of course add data to the picture. Your comment was pure unmerited bigotry/racism and you do it all the time. So welcome to club racist. If I wasn't married I would probably have moved to Japan myself. Nowhere is perfect but I guarantee you won't get ripped off or feel hard done by by anyone if you go. It's a lovely and safe place.
    I am not disputing the fact that you may have lived somewhere other than Yorkshire, but that does not make you an expert, or my opinion some kind of feeble conjecture based on ignorance. Many of my family have lived all over the world. Sometimes being schooled there, living with indigenous people and often studying the very cultures you love to opine on, and it is quite clear that racism can be found anywhere. It is not bigotry or racist to point out how racist many Japanese people are, that is simply a fact, you in you rush to virtue signal your worthiness, insist on censoring and trying to bury under the carpet.

    My comment about racist Asians was based on conversations and interactions for 30 years with my Dads second wife, who is Asian. After meeting her and marrying her in the Solomon islands, my old man lived in Japan for a whole and has been back many times. But no...you had to assume i was being the type of person you love to hate.

    It gets pretty tiresome.

    Of course anyone can be racist. I can remember when visiting my brother in Kelvin Glasgow and going down to the local off license being so taken aback by not just the fact it was all barred up, and that they handed you the booze through a hatch like a bank, at the speed and strength of the little Indian ladies Glaswegian accent, I nearly burst out laughing. Does that make me a racist? Maybe? Who cares?

    Everyone is a hypocrite if they are truly human. It's good to recognise that.

    I shall probably go to Japan in 2021 with the other half for our 50th.
    If it was a fact you would be able to quantify it in some way or at the least have examples. Have you actually experienced this racism? You are speaking to someone that has spent 2 decades in Asia and I just ain't seeing it how you are. You get your Ryan Boundless types who see gloom in everything, but most are just living ordinary and rather content lives. My friend married there with kids is happy enough and no real issues.

    Maybe my view of racism is less like yours too. I was speaking to a Japanese girl about the UK and she was horrified by the immigration issues. She would be racist to you, but a normal girl to me. Nobody wants their country overrun completely. That's not racism. It is simply opposing very bad politics.
    Yes I have experienced that racism with Asian people in London laughing and making monkey sounds at Black people. Come on man we don't all have to announce the time we went on a bus or used public transport as though that 'was an adventure' I will just assume that someone born in Asia who speaks 8 languages and has taught all over the world might just possibly be an even better authority than you when as well if that is OK? Is your friend white by any chance?

    You were horrified by vegetables only a few years back so again I don't really rate your shock as being reflective of anything but your own conservatism.
    Hidden Content

    "You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself..."

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    21,334
    Mentioned
    806 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1029
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: "London is no longer an English city" - John Cleese exposes himself as evil "raci

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    I have never been a huge fan of Cleese however he is bang on, one of the reasons I don't go out in London anymore.
    Factually he is right, but i would still class London as an English city even if only by location.
    But then you call Liverpool 'Cesspool' when the majority of English people would see it as a city with very important cultural highlights.
    Hidden Content

    "You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself..."

  7. #22
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    11,543
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2164
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: "London is no longer an English city" - John Cleese exposes himself as evil "raci

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    I have never been a huge fan of Cleese however he is bang on, one of the reasons I don't go out in London anymore.
    Factually he is right, but i would still class London as an English city even if only by location.
    But then you call Liverpool 'Cesspool' when the majority of English people would see it as a city with very important cultural highlights.

    Cesspool because of LFC.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    21,334
    Mentioned
    806 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1029
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: "London is no longer an English city" - John Cleese exposes himself as evil "raci

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    I have never been a huge fan of Cleese however he is bang on, one of the reasons I don't go out in London anymore.
    Factually he is right, but i would still class London as an English city even if only by location.
    But then you call Liverpool 'Cesspool' when the majority of English people would see it as a city with very important cultural highlights.

    Cesspool because of LFC.
    Fair play. I feel the same about Exeter Shitty
    Hidden Content

    "You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself..."

  9. #24
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    11,543
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2164
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: "London is no longer an English city" - John Cleese exposes himself as evil "raci

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    I have never been a huge fan of Cleese however he is bang on, one of the reasons I don't go out in London anymore.
    Factually he is right, but i would still class London as an English city even if only by location.
    But then you call Liverpool 'Cesspool' when the majority of English people would see it as a city with very important cultural highlights.

    Cesspool because of LFC.
    Fair play. I feel the same about Exeter Shitty

    Yes Dark Lord Al is a Spurs fan on Saturday Evening for one day only.

    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

  10. #25
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    11,543
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2164
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: "London is no longer an English city" - John Cleese exposes himself as evil "raci

    I am hoping my support for the Jewish football team Spurs for one day only will make me better at accounting.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    21,334
    Mentioned
    806 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1029
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: "London is no longer an English city" - John Cleese exposes himself as evil "raci

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    I am hoping my support for the Jewish football team Spurs for one day only will make me better at accounting.
    Well after all those Michelin dinners the days of you moving like Benny Leonard are probably gone. I always moved more like Benny Hill personally.
    Hidden Content

    "You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself..."

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    46,838
    Mentioned
    894 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3151
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: "London is no longer an English city" - John Cleese exposes himself as evil "raci

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I merely pointed out that you have no experience of Japan. I do have experience of living in several non multicultural and multicultural British cities and have visited many countries thus I find it easy to compare and contrast and then of course add data to the picture. Your comment was pure unmerited bigotry/racism and you do it all the time. So welcome to club racist. If I wasn't married I would probably have moved to Japan myself. Nowhere is perfect but I guarantee you won't get ripped off or feel hard done by by anyone if you go. It's a lovely and safe place.
    I am not disputing the fact that you may have lived somewhere other than Yorkshire, but that does not make you an expert, or my opinion some kind of feeble conjecture based on ignorance. Many of my family have lived all over the world. Sometimes being schooled there, living with indigenous people and often studying the very cultures you love to opine on, and it is quite clear that racism can be found anywhere. It is not bigotry or racist to point out how racist many Japanese people are, that is simply a fact, you in you rush to virtue signal your worthiness, insist on censoring and trying to bury under the carpet.

    My comment about racist Asians was based on conversations and interactions for 30 years with my Dads second wife, who is Asian. After meeting her and marrying her in the Solomon islands, my old man lived in Japan for a whole and has been back many times. But no...you had to assume i was being the type of person you love to hate.

    It gets pretty tiresome.

    Of course anyone can be racist. I can remember when visiting my brother in Kelvin Glasgow and going down to the local off license being so taken aback by not just the fact it was all barred up, and that they handed you the booze through a hatch like a bank, at the speed and strength of the little Indian ladies Glaswegian accent, I nearly burst out laughing. Does that make me a racist? Maybe? Who cares?

    Everyone is a hypocrite if they are truly human. It's good to recognise that.

    I shall probably go to Japan in 2021 with the other half for our 50th.
    If it was a fact you would be able to quantify it in some way or at the least have examples. Have you actually experienced this racism? You are speaking to someone that has spent 2 decades in Asia and I just ain't seeing it how you are. You get your Ryan Boundless types who see gloom in everything, but most are just living ordinary and rather content lives. My friend married there with kids is happy enough and no real issues.

    Maybe my view of racism is less like yours too. I was speaking to a Japanese girl about the UK and she was horrified by the immigration issues. She would be racist to you, but a normal girl to me. Nobody wants their country overrun completely. That's not racism. It is simply opposing very bad politics.
    Yes I have experienced that racism with Asian people in London laughing and making monkey sounds at Black people. Come on man we don't all have to announce the time we went on a bus or used public transport as though that 'was an adventure' I will just assume that someone born in Asia who speaks 8 languages and has taught all over the world might just possibly be an even better authority than you when as well if that is OK? Is your friend white by any chance?

    You were horrified by vegetables only a few years back so again I don't really rate your shock as being reflective of anything but your own conservatism.
    I am not sure I believe anything you say really as you have this habit of making things up. However, I will take my knowledge of interacting with tens of thousands of Asian people to suggest that examples of actual racism are remarkably rare. Sure, you will get a couple of kids of 8 playing up in a racist way occasionally as children are playful and push boundaries, but never have I seen adults making monkey sounds at black people or anything of the sort.

    What does speaking 8 languages have to do with being an expert on racism? And then stupid comments about vegetables? It puts into perspective what a loser you are I guess. Have a nice day at your computer in white land.
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWNc_AZewu7AAERwCfLfupUZIJSbzqC MgjXFbc0u9YrZkuInoB

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    In my own little Universe
    Posts
    9,009
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1934
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: "London is no longer an English city" - John Cleese exposes himself as evil "raci

    Who cares what some has-been from Weston super mare thinks?

    Ironically, his home town isn't a Somerset town any more either, its full of Brummies and Welsh 😀
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    46,838
    Mentioned
    894 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3151
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: "London is no longer an English city" - John Cleese exposes himself as evil "raci

    @Fenster @smashup

    I think the both of you live in London or have lived in London. What are your honest takes on the city today? How do you feel about life there? About the changes? The pros? The cons? All of that.
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWNc_AZewu7AAERwCfLfupUZIJSbzqC MgjXFbc0u9YrZkuInoB

  15. #30
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    11,543
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2164
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: "London is no longer an English city" - John Cleese exposes himself as evil "raci

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    I am hoping my support for the Jewish football team Spurs for one day only will make me better at accounting.
    Well after all those Michelin dinners the days of you moving like Benny Leonard are probably gone. I always moved more like Benny Hill personally.

    Yes I move more like Big George in his second career, I'm no fancy Dan for sure.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Boxingguru shut down by city of london police
    By KickMuck in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 04-16-2014, 08:04 PM
  2. City of London: Place to go to war
    By Gandalf in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 02-13-2014, 08:44 PM
  3. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 02-17-2012, 10:10 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-02-2010, 12:33 AM
  5. scots racist against english?
    By Drago in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-25-2010, 08:26 PM

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing