Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  21
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Results 136 to 150 of 150

Thread: Lomachenko v Campbell - 31/8/19 UK

Share/Bookmark
  1. #136
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    57,007
    Mentioned
    1467 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2708
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Lomachenko v Campbell - 31/8/19 UK

    Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    campbell showed he's a challenge for anyone at lightweight. scores were a bit wide
    For me Campbell won the first 3 rounds, and at least 1 other, probably 2

    So I had it 7-5 plus the KD

    One judge only gave him 1 round, and as Loma didn't throw a punch in the 1st it must have been that one

    So it looks like Campbell, on a big bill in his own country, needed a knock out to get a draw
    Scoring was strange so Loma brought his own judges just in case. Corruption in boxing is still going on.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  2. #137
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,985
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    379
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Lomachenko v Campbell - 31/8/19 UK

    Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    campbell showed he's a challenge for anyone at lightweight. scores were a bit wide
    For me Campbell won the first 3 rounds, and at least 1 other, probably 2

    So I had it 7-5 plus the KD

    One judge only gave him 1 round, and as Loma didn't throw a punch in the 1st it must have been that one

    So it looks like Campbell, on a big bill in his own country, needed a knock out to get a draw
    People are complaining too much about the scorecards. I had it 9-3. It’s possible to give more rounds to Campbell, but it’s also possible to give even less rounds. There were two rounds I gave clearly to Campbell. Loma just got the better of him in most rounds. They weren’t all blowouts, but Loma just did better.

  3. #138
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,037
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    639
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Lomachenko v Campbell - 31/8/19 UK

    Always reliable punch stats for the fight.

    https://www.boxingscene.com/lomachen...-stats--142182

    Lomachenko did some Harrison v Haye numbers in round one :S

  4. #139
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    4,513
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    392
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Lomachenko v Campbell - 31/8/19 UK

    Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Ron, you called me a liar 19 times in that post. Impressive. All I did was provide facts and figures specifically applicable to FLYWEIGHT!!! The division my original post was about.

    You've provided zero evidence, not even one example for clarification, just showed your normal Fenster fixation and childish pettiness. You didn't make a single comment about Edwards or Martinez.

    However, even though I'm wasting my time, feel free to set the criteria? In the land of Ron, what weight constitutes "little men?" Who qualifies as "good Latin American fighters?" Do they have to reside in the States? Do they train there?

    Provide an example of STRENGTH IN DEPTH? Facts? Figures? Data? Not Ron's fanatical patriotic, ethnocentric opinion.
    The sad thing is you must have studied boxrec for a good 30 minutes to determine your facts 😁
    Boxrec. Who is so accurate I am friends with 2 FLYWEIGHTS who aren’t listed, well, one is sort of but they have his name and record wrong FFS. He wants proof, look up Edgard Figueroa on Boxrec, you won’t find him, you can find Edgar Figueroa, but as I said, his record is wrong, like his name. I can easily get Edgard on here to verify all that I am saying. Or if people want a quicker verification they can look up Edgard on Facebook and have immediate proof. But, this is the difference between people in boxing and people that trust Boxrec FFS.

    Now he wants me to define little men, everyone knows little men are below 160. It’s just Fenny’s typical distraction from him saying something we all know to be wrong so he changes it.
    Last edited by Ron Swanson; 09-02-2019 at 10:04 PM.

  5. #140
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    This Lunatic Asylum
    Posts
    22,967
    Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2825
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Lomachenko v Campbell - 31/8/19 UK

    When you say "little men," it's anyone below 160? Everyone knows it? Whatdoyaknow! Learn something new everyday. Does that include 160? Fighters like Hagler, Hearns, Monzon, Toney, Hopkins, Roy, GGG, etc?

    Feel free to provide an example of strength in depth? You've established we have anyone below 160 (or possibly 160) to work with? Cool.

    Incidentally, the only great middleweight Latino I named - Monzon - fought just once in the States in a 100 fight career. He must have been crap, Ron.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

  6. #141
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    9,318
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    658
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Lomachenko v Campbell - 31/8/19 UK

    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    campbell showed he's a challenge for anyone at lightweight. scores were a bit wide
    For me Campbell won the first 3 rounds, and at least 1 other, probably 2

    So I had it 7-5 plus the KD

    One judge only gave him 1 round, and as Loma didn't throw a punch in the 1st it must have been that one

    So it looks like Campbell, on a big bill in his own country, needed a knock out to get a draw
    People are complaining too much about the scorecards. I had it 9-3. It’s possible to give more rounds to Campbell, but it’s also possible to give even less rounds. There were two rounds I gave clearly to Campbell. Loma just got the better of him in most rounds. They weren’t all blowouts, but Loma just did better.
    You are right Loma deserved to win fairly clearly

    There's something fishy tho no? and really there's little debate to have about the fight other than that

    P. S. 9-3 is harsh, Campbell was 3 nil up
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

  7. #142
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Tsurui, Iya Valley, Shikoku, Japan
    Posts
    334
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    41
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Lomachenko v Campbell - 31/8/19 UK

    Vasyl Lomachencko 116
    Luke Campbell 111

    Campbell should aim for a rematch with Linares

  8. #143
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Tsurui, Iya Valley, Shikoku, Japan
    Posts
    334
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    41
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Lomachenko v Campbell - 31/8/19 UK

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    When you say "little men," it's anyone below 160? Everyone knows it? Whatdoyaknow! Learn something new everyday. Does that include 160? Fighters like Hagler, Hearns, Monzon, Toney, Hopkins, Roy, GGG, etc?

    Feel free to provide an example of strength in depth? You've established we have anyone below 160 (or possibly 160) to work with? Cool.

    Incidentally, the only great middleweight Latino I named - Monzon - fought just once in the States in a 100 fight career. He must have been crap, Ron.
    I also do not agree that "small men are people under 160". May be related to location. In Japan, people with a weight of about 160 people are considered large

  9. #144
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,985
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    379
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Lomachenko v Campbell - 31/8/19 UK

    Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    campbell showed he's a challenge for anyone at lightweight. scores were a bit wide
    For me Campbell won the first 3 rounds, and at least 1 other, probably 2

    So I had it 7-5 plus the KD

    One judge only gave him 1 round, and as Loma didn't throw a punch in the 1st it must have been that one

    So it looks like Campbell, on a big bill in his own country, needed a knock out to get a draw
    People are complaining too much about the scorecards. I had it 9-3. It’s possible to give more rounds to Campbell, but it’s also possible to give even less rounds. There were two rounds I gave clearly to Campbell. Loma just got the better of him in most rounds. They weren’t all blowouts, but Loma just did better.
    You are right Loma deserved to win fairly clearly

    There's something fishy tho no? and really there's little debate to have about the fight other than that

    P. S. 9-3 is harsh, Campbell was 3 nil up
    I had Campbell clearly won round one and gave him round two but it was close. There was one more round that was clearly Campbell. I can’t remember which one. So two rounds were clearly Campbell, but a few others were close.

  10. #145
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    9,318
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    658
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Lomachenko v Campbell - 31/8/19 UK

    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    campbell showed he's a challenge for anyone at lightweight. scores were a bit wide
    For me Campbell won the first 3 rounds, and at least 1 other, probably 2

    So I had it 7-5 plus the KD

    One judge only gave him 1 round, and as Loma didn't throw a punch in the 1st it must have been that one

    So it looks like Campbell, on a big bill in his own country, needed a knock out to get a draw
    People are complaining too much about the scorecards. I had it 9-3. It’s possible to give more rounds to Campbell, but it’s also possible to give even less rounds. There were two rounds I gave clearly to Campbell. Loma just got the better of him in most rounds. They weren’t all blowouts, but Loma just did better.
    You are right Loma deserved to win fairly clearly

    There's something fishy tho no? and really there's little debate to have about the fight other than that

    P. S. 9-3 is harsh, Campbell was 3 nil up
    I had Campbell clearly won round one and gave him round two but it was close. There was one more round that was clearly Campbell. I can’t remember which one. So two rounds were clearly Campbell, but a few others were close.
    If you can be arsed watch round 3 again, i think it was a Campbell round and to score it to loma would be very kind

    Not that it even matters, as all agree loma more than deserved the win
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

  11. #146
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    9,318
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    658
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Lomachenko v Campbell - 31/8/19 UK

    Quote Originally Posted by Baal View Post
    Vasyl Lomachencko 116
    Luke Campbell 111

    Campbell should aim for a rematch with Linares
    IMO Campbell was on the wrong end of a bad decision on the linares fight
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

  12. #147
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,172
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1670
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Lomachenko v Campbell - 31/8/19 UK

    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    I hate things like this. Martinez was clearly on his way to stopping Edwards and then he hits him when he was done. There was no reason he needed to do that.
    Edwards made a Hollywood performance out of it rolling around like that because he knew his only chance was a disqualification. He either wouldn't have been able to get up or didn't want to. If Martinez hadn't landed that last punch he'd have won the belt. Edwards won't fight him again.

  13. #148
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    57,007
    Mentioned
    1467 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2708
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Lomachenko v Campbell - 31/8/19 UK

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    I hate things like this. Martinez was clearly on his way to stopping Edwards and then he hits him when he was done. There was no reason he needed to do that.
    Edwards made a Hollywood performance out of it rolling around like that because he knew his only chance was a disqualification. He either wouldn't have been able to get up or didn't want to. If Martinez hadn't landed that last punch he'd have won the belt. Edwards won't fight him again.
    That looked like real pain from Edwards. No way was that acting. Faking was Montell Griffin against Roy Jones.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  14. #149
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,172
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1670
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Lomachenko v Campbell - 31/8/19 UK

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    I hate things like this. Martinez was clearly on his way to stopping Edwards and then he hits him when he was done. There was no reason he needed to do that.
    Edwards made a Hollywood performance out of it rolling around like that because he knew his only chance was a disqualification. He either wouldn't have been able to get up or didn't want to. If Martinez hadn't landed that last punch he'd have won the belt. Edwards won't fight him again.
    That looked like real pain from Edwards. No way was that acting. Faking was Montell Griffin against Roy Jones.
    No way was that acting? He wasn't being asked to perform Hamlet, he just looked hurt and rolled around a bit. Toddlers can pull that one off. If it really hurt he wouldn't have been rolling around on the floor. I'd love to see them fight again because he'd get blown out in a couple of rounds again but he won't take it.

  15. #150
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    57,007
    Mentioned
    1467 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2708
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Lomachenko v Campbell - 31/8/19 UK

    Vasyl Lomachenko next fight: Josh Warrington welcomes bout – ‘I’d be a massive, massive underdog… but he’s no spring chicken’

    Josh Warrington has stated that he would be willing to welcome Vasyl Lomachenko back to featherweight, should the pound-for-pound king confirm a drop down.

    In the aftermath of his win over Luke Campbell to unify three of the four lightweight belts, Loma discussed the option of moving to super-featherweight or even all the way back to featherweight next year.



    If he does so, Leeds’ IBF world champion would relish the opportunity to test his skills and defend his belt against the 31-year-old Ukrainian phenom.

    Warrington told a small group of reporters, including talkSPORT.com: “People have said to me, ‘Would you take that opportunity?’

    “And they seem a bit surprised when I said, ‘Yeah, why wouldn’t I?’

    “I’d be a massive, massive, massive underdog and I wouldn’t be f***ing daft, I’d be fighting one of the sport’s greats, but why wouldn’t I want to test myself?



    “He’s a fantastic champion and a multi-weight champion, of course I’d want to have a go. He’s not a spring chicken and he’s not getting any younger.

    “I’m not saying he’s past it or he’s on the slide because he looked red-hot against Luke Campbell.

    “It was fascinating to watch, as a boxing fan, how he implemented his game plan, he just changed what he had to do to break Luke Campbell down.

    “It was unbelievable, but if he came back to featherweight I’d put my hand up.”

    Warrington’s desire to jump into a massive test against Lomachenko may be viewed as reckless by some, however, the 28-year-old has clearly grown somewhat frustrated by certain aspects of the sport in recent months.

    At the start of 2019, he seemed destined to unify against a fellow featherweight world champion this year, but big fights have sadly eluded him owing to a variety of reasons.

    “You think everybody will want that opportunity,” he explained.

    “Don’t get me wrong, challengers want that opportunity because they want to have a go and try to get the gold, but the other champions are not always as enthusiastic as I am.

    “A real legacy is defending your belt against as many other champions as you can. My first defence was against Carl Frampton then I had to fight my mandatory but after that if I could have had Leo Santa Cruz, Oscar Valdez and Gary Russell Jr I would, in any order.

    “I was speaking to Frank about the next fight and he was telling me the other fighters don’t want it. I was almost in tears to be honest, I was proper down because I’d told my fans we’d done Leeds and we’d do America now. Frank said, ‘Josh, it’s not happening.’

    “I was on my hands and knees but he said, ‘What more can I do?’ I was thinking, ‘Why do they not want the fight?’

    “I don’t want to have 20 defences just to pad out my record and get paydays. Get me the big fights against the champions.

    “Fighting the big names does something to me, when my back’s against the wall and people say I can’t.

    “If I can go on and win another world title then feed me whoever you want. Feed me your Mick Conlans, feed me your up-and-coming prospects but let me have an opportunity to win another world title.

    “For me to go to my grave a unified champion, I can live off that for the rest of my life. But I don’t want to come to the end of my career and wonder what if.

    “As a featherweight your career moves fast, you fight two or three times a year if you’re lucky.

    “The big fights take a lot of preparation and planning and I just want them now while I have momentum.”

    https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/6...achenko-fight/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-09-2019, 11:56 PM
  2. Lomachenko v Davis
    By smashup in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-28-2017, 11:42 AM
  3. Lomachenko vs Walters
    By Primo Carnera in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-23-2015, 10:15 AM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-25-2014, 04:06 AM
  5. Vasyl Lomachenko
    By Cressa121 in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-28-2013, 07:06 PM

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing