Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 39

Thread: Richard Commey v Ray Beltran ESPN

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    38,246
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4706
    Cool Clicks

    Default Richard Commey v Ray Beltran ESPN

    Pretty solid styles match up with two who always bring it. One of a few cards this weekend. Not good to see Beltran miss weight though but don't believe it's the first time. Seems like a quick turn around for Commey who just had a busted hand cost him a date with Loma but has done very well to put himself in the top mix at 135 and cements it with an impressive win Friday night.

    Carlos Adames 17-0 fights Patrick Day 17-2-1 at Jr middle. Heavyweight Junior Fa goes against worn and torn gatekeeper Dominick Guinn 37-12-1 who hasn't had a significant win since the Bush administration.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    4,330
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    376
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Richard Commey v Ray Beltran ESPN

    Just watched Easter vs Commey again to get psyched up for this matchup. It backfired. I had forgotten Commey held on like an octopus to escape being stopped. Now I just think “Easter beat Commey and beat another man who beat Commey, recently” why is Easter not getting a shot? Because he lost to Mikey? If you fight good fighters you lose sometimes.

    And 5 seconds later I remembered the Bartholemy fight. Easter had another crack, are they running that back?
    Last edited by Ron Swanson; 06-29-2019 at 01:32 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,703
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    363
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Richard Commey v Ray Beltran ESPN

    I think this is a solid fight. I have no problem with it. Commey was supposed to fight Loma but got hurt. I think that Beltran is a good tune up fight to fight Loma next.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    38,246
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4706
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Richard Commey v Ray Beltran ESPN

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Just watched Easter vs Commey again to get psyched up for this matchup. It backfired. I had forgotten Commey held on like an octopus to escape being stopped. Now I just think “Easter beat Commey and beat another man who beat Commey, recently” why is Easter not getting a shot? Because he lost to Mikey? If you fight good fighters you lose sometimes.

    And 5 seconds later I remembered the Bartholemy fight. Easter had another crack, are they running that back?
    Don't be a buzzkill Ron . Yeh that was actually a very good scrap, I had Commey edging Easter. And truth be told Easter arguably lost to Barthelemy and Fortuna too. If anything these two have gone in two different directions, Commey up and Easter down. Real shame Commey was ordered mandatory for both Garcia and Easter II but both declined.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,876
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    623
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Richard Commey v Ray Beltran ESPN

    What time does this start, got tsn for the cop america this month and they are showing this.. Beltran is fun to watch, hopefully the commentators aren't still rambling about how he needs to win to stay in the country :S

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    38,246
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4706
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Richard Commey v Ray Beltran ESPN

    Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    What time does this start, got tsn for the cop america this month and they are showing this.. Beltran is fun to watch, hopefully the commentators aren't still rambling about how he needs to win to stay in the country :S
    Be interested to see how Commey deals with the bodywork by Beltran. I've got 9pm Central, hour and a half.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    4,330
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    376
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Richard Commey v Ray Beltran ESPN

    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Just watched Easter vs Commey again to get psyched up for this matchup. It backfired. I had forgotten Commey held on like an octopus to escape being stopped. Now I just think “Easter beat Commey and beat another man who beat Commey, recently” why is Easter not getting a shot? Because he lost to Mikey? If you fight good fighters you lose sometimes.

    And 5 seconds later I remembered the Bartholemy fight. Easter had another crack, are they running that back?
    Don't be a buzzkill Ron . Yeh that was actually a very good scrap, I had Commey edging Easter. And truth be told Easter arguably lost to Barthelemy and Fortuna too. If anything these two have gone in two different directions, Commey up and Easter down. Real shame Commey was ordered mandatory for both Garcia and Easter II but both declined.
    Commey up, but he lost to a guy Easter beat AFTER Easter beat Commey. When did the up start exactly? The 4 opponents he beat since those consecutive losses I only know from fighting him. Tonight would be the fight to tell us something if Beltran wasn’t 140 years old. All just looks like someone is being built to be a lamb to slaughter to me. But I could just be a buzzkill haha

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    38,246
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4706
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Richard Commey v Ray Beltran ESPN

    Pretty tactical first five rounds from Adames and Day. Day bit busier picking his spots but Adames beginning to sit down on his stuff and needs to do so. Adames would do well to up his activity level but clearly the bigger puncher when he does open up. Day really getting clipped by a nice short upper-hook more than once.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    38,246
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4706
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Richard Commey v Ray Beltran ESPN

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Just watched Easter vs Commey again to get psyched up for this matchup. It backfired. I had forgotten Commey held on like an octopus to escape being stopped. Now I just think “Easter beat Commey and beat another man who beat Commey, recently” why is Easter not getting a shot? Because he lost to Mikey? If you fight good fighters you lose sometimes.

    And 5 seconds later I remembered the Bartholemy fight. Easter had another crack, are they running that back?
    Don't be a buzzkill Ron . Yeh that was actually a very good scrap, I had Commey edging Easter. And truth be told Easter arguably lost to Barthelemy and Fortuna too. If anything these two have gone in two different directions, Commey up and Easter down. Real shame Commey was ordered mandatory for both Garcia and Easter II but both declined.
    Commey up, but he lost to a guy Easter beat AFTER Easter beat Commey. When did the up start exactly? The 4 opponents he beat since those consecutive losses I only know from fighting him. Tonight would be the fight to tell us something if Beltran wasn’t 140 years old. All just looks like someone is being built to be a lamb to slaughter to me. But I could just be a buzzkill haha
    A split decision to Shafikov, in Moscow. Haven't sat through the 12 rounds but Commeys up basically kicked off from the disputed Easter fight. Follow up 2 eliminators, minor title and then signs to fight Mikey who opted out, Easter does the same so Commey caps Chaniev for the belt. Fan familiar Beltran now serves as bit of a main event break out if Commey keeps his head on straight, then Loma and he can get talks back on track. Def an up. But first Beltran who should not be slept on at all. He knows this is it basically and rather than drain down comes in heavy, win over top champ outweighs a trinket I spose.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    38,246
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4706
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Richard Commey v Ray Beltran ESPN

    Adames a strong fighter, decent win. Feels a little bit Lacy though but early to tell. Day did well to remain upright when he was catching down the stretch. For some reason I still want to see Fa v Guinn .

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    38,246
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4706
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Richard Commey v Ray Beltran ESPN

    They are really pushing that Teofimo Lopez train haaaard.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    38,246
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4706
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Richard Commey v Ray Beltran ESPN

    Must have said it 20 times but I sure would like to see Mikey Garcia pick a definitive career path. He just went on about 135 to 147 but seems to always go back to "I just don't know right now".

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    38,246
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4706
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Richard Commey v Ray Beltran ESPN

    Both these guys look fresh coming out good atmosphere. And here's to short shorts and tennis shoes. My goodness.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    38,246
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4706
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Richard Commey v Ray Beltran ESPN

    Time to dent some cans. Have a feeling one of these gentlemen won't make the final bell.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    38,246
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4706
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Richard Commey v Ray Beltran ESPN

    well there ya go. Beltran takes a seat off a long right hand.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Garcia Vs Commey
    By powerpuncher in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-06-2018, 05:34 PM
  2. ESPN - Beltran v Pedraza ~ Dogboe v Otake
    By Spicoli in forum Fight Threads
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 08-27-2018, 10:25 AM
  3. ESPN tonight: Ray Beltran v Paulus Moses
    By Spicoli in forum Fight Threads
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 02-18-2018, 11:56 AM
  4. Crawford-Beltran is next
    By FinitoElDinamita in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-16-2014, 08:10 AM
  5. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-07-2012, 01:23 PM

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing