Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  13
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: prograis vs taylor wbss final off

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    238
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    36
    Cool Clicks

    Default prograis vs taylor wbss final off

    prograis has filed a law suit and pulled out of the wbss and the final against taylor. hope this can be salvaged
    Apply shame. Apply fame. The crook and the flail.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,959
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    377
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: prograis vs taylor wbss final off

    The WBSS has had all sorts of problems financially. It’s unfortunate because I was really excited for this fight. Hopefully if the WBSS doesn’t make it, then they can fight outside of it.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    56,884
    Mentioned
    1464 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2704
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: prograis vs taylor wbss final off

    This was going to be a very good fight, can't they afford it? Are there better options for the fighters? What is going on?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    20,479
    Mentioned
    443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1641
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: prograis vs taylor wbss final off

    Apparently the WBSS financial troubles are nothing new. Leave it to boxing to screw up one of the few positives that come out of the sport. It's a great idea gone bad, apparently.

    Reading a little into it, seems Swiss corporation Comosa AG has fumbled all over itself almost from the outset of the WBSS. It's a damn shame.

    If the WBSS goes south, we're left with the riff-raff that is the collection of inept, corrupt alphabet orgs.... with no competition for the attention of boxing fans.

    Now if in the future someone else wants to put together a boxing tournament, they'll be met with the skepticism of the failed WBSS experiment.

    What a joke.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    38,716
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4724
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: prograis vs taylor wbss final off

    This is a major disappointment. One of the fights I was most interested in this year but the woes of the wbss have finally caught up. Both of these fighters deserve more professional respect than to have them run this as some traveling carnival act who cut corners and hand out IOUs. Do wonder if someone like Haymon is baiting his hooks to and if an active lawsuit will cause Prograis to idle. Kid really had this town buzzing about the sport for the first time in a long time.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Big Coney
    Posts
    390
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    533
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: prograis vs taylor wbss final off

    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    This is a major disappointment. One of the fights I was most interested in this year but the woes of the wbss have finally caught up. Both of these fighters deserve more professional respect than to have them run this as some traveling carnival act who cut corners and hand out IOUs. Do wonder if someone like Haymon is baiting his hooks to and if an active lawsuit will cause Prograis to idle. Kid really had this town buzzing about the sport for the first time in a long time.
    True brother, was one of the fights I was most looking forward to seeing

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    238
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    36
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: prograis vs taylor wbss final off

    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    The WBSS has had all sorts of problems financially. It’s unfortunate because I was really excited for this fight. Hopefully if the WBSS doesn’t make it, then they can fight outside of it.
    that's a good idea if they can still put it on outside of the wbss. i hope prograis is just trying to hardball them into getting his money and it can still be saved. it would be such a waste to have this fall through now, with such an excellent final within reach
    Apply shame. Apply fame. The crook and the flail.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4,675
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    504
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: prograis vs taylor wbss final off

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Apparently the WBSS financial troubles are nothing new. Leave it to boxing to screw up one of the few positives that come out of the sport. It's a great idea gone bad, apparently.

    Reading a little into it, seems Swiss corporation Comosa AG has fumbled all over itself almost from the outset of the WBSS. It's a damn shame.

    If the WBSS goes south, we're left with the riff-raff that is the collection of inept, corrupt alphabet orgs.... with no competition for the attention of boxing fans.

    Now if in the future someone else wants to put together a boxing tournament, they'll be met with the skepticism of the failed WBSS experiment.

    What a joke.
    Sounds like massive theft and corruption. lolol.... follow the money.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

    Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,959
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    377
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: prograis vs taylor wbss final off

    I don’t think that anyone can rationally hate on Prograis for this. This is all the WBSS fault. They had hard payment deadlines that were consistently missed. And this isn’t a new thing. It has been going on all tournament

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    238
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    36
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: prograis vs taylor wbss final off

    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    I don’t think that anyone can rationally hate on Prograis for this. This is all the WBSS fault. They had hard payment deadlines that were consistently missed. And this isn’t a new thing. It has been going on all tournament
    no blame should be put on prograis. wonder if taylor received any monies. it was baranchyk complaining also
    Apply shame. Apply fame. The crook and the flail.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    9,399
    Mentioned
    353 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    655
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: prograis vs taylor wbss final off

    Pity I was looking forward to this fight the promotion has cocked up.
    It seems the purses for the fights have not been paid you don't get paid you don't fight simple enough.
    Prograis and Taylor are both champion's and frankly need payment great idea WBSS but they need to sort things out.!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Tsurui, Iya Valley, Shikoku, Japan
    Posts
    317
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    39
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: prograis vs taylor wbss final off

    If this battle does not happen, I will be furious

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,785
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1113
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: prograis vs taylor wbss final off

    sad

    “If you want loyalty, buy a dog.” Ricky Hatton





  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    238
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    36
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: prograis vs taylor wbss final off

    talk is that they are trying to save this final
    Apply shame. Apply fame. The crook and the flail.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 87
    Last Post: 11-19-2019, 12:44 AM
  2. Replies: 67
    Last Post: 05-22-2019, 03:13 PM
  3. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-05-2018, 02:26 PM
  4. Replies: 45
    Last Post: 10-29-2018, 01:41 PM
  5. Groves v Eubank Jnr - WBSS Semi Final 17/2/18
    By smashup in forum Fight Threads
    Replies: 262
    Last Post: 02-27-2018, 12:43 PM

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing