Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  13
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: prograis vs taylor wbss final off

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    122
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    19
    Cool Clicks

    Default prograis vs taylor wbss final off

    prograis has filed a law suit and pulled out of the wbss and the final against taylor. hope this can be salvaged
    Apply shame. Apply fame. The crook and the flail.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,637
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    359
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: prograis vs taylor wbss final off

    The WBSS has had all sorts of problems financially. It’s unfortunate because I was really excited for this fight. Hopefully if the WBSS doesn’t make it, then they can fight outside of it.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    55,975
    Mentioned
    1430 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2678
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: prograis vs taylor wbss final off

    This was going to be a very good fight, can't they afford it? Are there better options for the fighters? What is going on?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    19,840
    Mentioned
    425 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1617
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: prograis vs taylor wbss final off

    Apparently the WBSS financial troubles are nothing new. Leave it to boxing to screw up one of the few positives that come out of the sport. It's a great idea gone bad, apparently.

    Reading a little into it, seems Swiss corporation Comosa AG has fumbled all over itself almost from the outset of the WBSS. It's a damn shame.

    If the WBSS goes south, we're left with the riff-raff that is the collection of inept, corrupt alphabet orgs.... with no competition for the attention of boxing fans.

    Now if in the future someone else wants to put together a boxing tournament, they'll be met with the skepticism of the failed WBSS experiment.

    What a joke.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    38,184
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4701
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: prograis vs taylor wbss final off

    This is a major disappointment. One of the fights I was most interested in this year but the woes of the wbss have finally caught up. Both of these fighters deserve more professional respect than to have them run this as some traveling carnival act who cut corners and hand out IOUs. Do wonder if someone like Haymon is baiting his hooks to and if an active lawsuit will cause Prograis to idle. Kid really had this town buzzing about the sport for the first time in a long time.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Big Coney
    Posts
    389
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    518
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: prograis vs taylor wbss final off

    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    This is a major disappointment. One of the fights I was most interested in this year but the woes of the wbss have finally caught up. Both of these fighters deserve more professional respect than to have them run this as some traveling carnival act who cut corners and hand out IOUs. Do wonder if someone like Haymon is baiting his hooks to and if an active lawsuit will cause Prograis to idle. Kid really had this town buzzing about the sport for the first time in a long time.
    True brother, was one of the fights I was most looking forward to seeing

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4,595
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    488
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: prograis vs taylor wbss final off

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Apparently the WBSS financial troubles are nothing new. Leave it to boxing to screw up one of the few positives that come out of the sport. It's a great idea gone bad, apparently.

    Reading a little into it, seems Swiss corporation Comosa AG has fumbled all over itself almost from the outset of the WBSS. It's a damn shame.

    If the WBSS goes south, we're left with the riff-raff that is the collection of inept, corrupt alphabet orgs.... with no competition for the attention of boxing fans.

    Now if in the future someone else wants to put together a boxing tournament, they'll be met with the skepticism of the failed WBSS experiment.

    What a joke.
    Sounds like massive theft and corruption. lolol.... follow the money.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

    Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,637
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    359
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: prograis vs taylor wbss final off

    I don’t think that anyone can rationally hate on Prograis for this. This is all the WBSS fault. They had hard payment deadlines that were consistently missed. And this isn’t a new thing. It has been going on all tournament

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    122
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    19
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: prograis vs taylor wbss final off

    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    The WBSS has had all sorts of problems financially. It’s unfortunate because I was really excited for this fight. Hopefully if the WBSS doesn’t make it, then they can fight outside of it.
    that's a good idea if they can still put it on outside of the wbss. i hope prograis is just trying to hardball them into getting his money and it can still be saved. it would be such a waste to have this fall through now, with such an excellent final within reach
    Apply shame. Apply fame. The crook and the flail.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-16-2019, 07:54 AM
  2. Replies: 67
    Last Post: 05-22-2019, 03:13 PM
  3. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-05-2018, 02:26 PM
  4. Replies: 45
    Last Post: 10-29-2018, 01:41 PM
  5. Groves v Eubank Jnr - WBSS Semi Final 17/2/18
    By smashup in forum Fight Threads
    Replies: 262
    Last Post: 02-27-2018, 12:43 PM

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing