Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  37
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 133

Thread: In what round will Canelo stop Kovalev?

Share/Bookmark
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    6,043
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    427
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: In what round will Canelo stop Kovalev?

    Kovalev will be paid very handsomely to have an easy camp and drink boat loads of Vodka. Can’t blame him taking the dosh, up until about 5 years ago, he was on about £10k a fight.
    It’ll be a “Yes sir, No sir, 3 bags full sir” approach from him. And after he’s sold his belt, he’ll probably get promised one last pay day on a Canelo undercard.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    20,373
    Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1636
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: In what round will Canelo stop Kovalev?

    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Crazy to think people can look at this size difference...

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uYsctokjwxs

    and call it a cherry pick. Kovalev is SIGNIFICANTLY larger, more racist and aggressive towards women than him.
    Low risk high reward. That’s why it’s a cherry pick. Worse comes to worst, Canelo loses and uses size as the excuse. Kovalev is also name recognition. There are many people between middleweight and light heavyweight that would be a harder match up.

    Gonna feel like Teddy Atlas saying this, but what the hell....


    If you're a logger looking for a redwood to fell... would you pick all the ones who don't have a scratch on them... or would you pick the one that's already been chewed halfway through by beavers?

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Fenay, Longvic
    Posts
    682
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    13
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: In what round will Canelo stop Kovalev?

    I think the people are shot-changing Kovalev, he is a big guy and he can hurt Canelo , it can happen that he has a flash of youth again and shock up the world, and Canelo can get tired like in past fights. Canelo chin has not been tested and Kovalev can be the man to do it. I predict Kovalev will pull the upset and go out and retire in victory.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,904
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    373
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: In what round will Canelo stop Kovalev?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    I think the people are shot-changing Kovalev, he is a big guy and he can hurt Canelo , it can happen that he has a flash of youth again and shock up the world, and Canelo can get tired like in past fights. Canelo chin has not been tested and Kovalev can be the man to do it. I predict Kovalev will pull the upset and go out and retire in victory.
    The biggest question in this fight is how well Canelo can take Kovalevs punch. Canelo has definitely had his chin tested. He took big shots from GGG. Kovalev is a whole other animal though. We will see what happens.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    20,373
    Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1636
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: In what round will Canelo stop Kovalev?

    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    I think the people are shot-changing Kovalev, he is a big guy and he can hurt Canelo , it can happen that he has a flash of youth again and shock up the world, and Canelo can get tired like in past fights. Canelo chin has not been tested and Kovalev can be the man to do it. I predict Kovalev will pull the upset and go out and retire in victory.
    The biggest question in this fight is how well Canelo can take Kovalevs punch. Canelo has definitely had his chin tested. He took big shots from GGG. Kovalev is a whole other animal though. We will see what happens.

    Yeah, I have no questions about Canelo's chin either. To me the biggest question is Kovalev's durability. He's shown a tendency to wear out, especially when hit to the body which I'm sure Canelo and his team are well aware of. Whatever aura of invincibility Kovalev had was erased by his TKO loss to Ward in their second fight. Otherwise this fight would not be happening.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Fenay, Longvic
    Posts
    682
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    13
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: In what round will Canelo stop Kovalev?

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    I think the people are shot-changing Kovalev, he is a big guy and he can hurt Canelo , it can happen that he has a flash of youth again and shock up the world, and Canelo can get tired like in past fights. Canelo chin has not been tested and Kovalev can be the man to do it. I predict Kovalev will pull the upset and go out and retire in victory.
    The biggest question in this fight is how well Canelo can take Kovalevs punch. Canelo has definitely had his chin tested. He took big shots from GGG. Kovalev is a whole other animal though. We will see what happens.

    Yeah, I have no questions about Canelo's chin either. To me the biggest question is Kovalev's durability. He's shown a tendency to wear out, especially when hit to the body which I'm sure Canelo and his team are well aware of. Whatever aura of invincibility Kovalev had was erased by his TKO loss to Ward in their second fight. Otherwise this fight would not be happening.
    I probably forgot yes, he did take a few hard shots from Golovkin, yet he took them well, he rolled with the punches. So I can see why you he abover posts are saying they haven't a question about the chin. still Kovalev is bigger and badder and power is the last thing to go on a fighter and Kovalev has that in the bag just waiting to strike early for the upset. I'll bet the odds come out at 3-2 Canelo favor

    About the body shots yes, the classical Mexican left hook to the liver may also end it all for the beaten up Kovalev as you said, but durability point I have to disagree on it any man determined if professional caliber as Kovalev can whip himself into shape for durability on such a big night.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    20,373
    Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1636
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: In what round will Canelo stop Kovalev?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    I think the people are shot-changing Kovalev, he is a big guy and he can hurt Canelo , it can happen that he has a flash of youth again and shock up the world, and Canelo can get tired like in past fights. Canelo chin has not been tested and Kovalev can be the man to do it. I predict Kovalev will pull the upset and go out and retire in victory.
    The biggest question in this fight is how well Canelo can take Kovalevs punch. Canelo has definitely had his chin tested. He took big shots from GGG. Kovalev is a whole other animal though. We will see what happens.

    Yeah, I have no questions about Canelo's chin either. To me the biggest question is Kovalev's durability. He's shown a tendency to wear out, especially when hit to the body which I'm sure Canelo and his team are well aware of. Whatever aura of invincibility Kovalev had was erased by his TKO loss to Ward in their second fight. Otherwise this fight would not be happening.
    I probably forgot yes, he did take a few hard shots from Golovkin, yet he took them well, he rolled with the punches. So I can see why you he abover posts are saying they haven't a question about the chin. still Kovalev is bigger and badder and power is the last thing to go on a fighter and Kovalev has that in the bag just waiting to strike early for the upset. I'll bet the odds come out at 3-2 Canelo favor

    About the body shots yes, the classical Mexican left hook to the liver may also end it all for the beaten up Kovalev as you said, but durability point I have to disagree on it any man determined if professional caliber as Kovalev can whip himself into shape for durability on such a big night.

    I hope you're right, as I'm TOTALLY rooting for Kovalev.

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Fenay, Longvic
    Posts
    682
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    13
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: In what round will Canelo stop Kovalev?

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    I think the people are shot-changing Kovalev, he is a big guy and he can hurt Canelo , it can happen that he has a flash of youth again and shock up the world, and Canelo can get tired like in past fights. Canelo chin has not been tested and Kovalev can be the man to do it. I predict Kovalev will pull the upset and go out and retire in victory.
    The biggest question in this fight is how well Canelo can take Kovalevs punch. Canelo has definitely had his chin tested. He took big shots from GGG. Kovalev is a whole other animal though. We will see what happens.

    Yeah, I have no questions about Canelo's chin either. To me the biggest question is Kovalev's durability. He's shown a tendency to wear out, especially when hit to the body which I'm sure Canelo and his team are well aware of. Whatever aura of invincibility Kovalev had was erased by his TKO loss to Ward in their second fight. Otherwise this fight would not be happening.
    I probably forgot yes, he did take a few hard shots from Golovkin, yet he took them well, he rolled with the punches. So I can see why you he abover posts are saying they haven't a question about the chin. still Kovalev is bigger and badder and power is the last thing to go on a fighter and Kovalev has that in the bag just waiting to strike early for the upset. I'll bet the odds come out at 3-2 Canelo favor

    About the body shots yes, the classical Mexican left hook to the liver may also end it all for the beaten up Kovalev as you said, but durability point I have to disagree on it any man determined if professional caliber as Kovalev can whip himself into shape for durability on such a big night.

    I hope you're right, as I'm TOTALLY rooting for Kovalev.
    I totally rooting for Kovalev as well bro 👊 Canelo got the gift and is always overhyped, I will love to see him decissively lose.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    20,373
    Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1636
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: In what round will Canelo stop Kovalev?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    I think the people are shot-changing Kovalev, he is a big guy and he can hurt Canelo , it can happen that he has a flash of youth again and shock up the world, and Canelo can get tired like in past fights. Canelo chin has not been tested and Kovalev can be the man to do it. I predict Kovalev will pull the upset and go out and retire in victory.
    The biggest question in this fight is how well Canelo can take Kovalevs punch. Canelo has definitely had his chin tested. He took big shots from GGG. Kovalev is a whole other animal though. We will see what happens.

    Yeah, I have no questions about Canelo's chin either. To me the biggest question is Kovalev's durability. He's shown a tendency to wear out, especially when hit to the body which I'm sure Canelo and his team are well aware of. Whatever aura of invincibility Kovalev had was erased by his TKO loss to Ward in their second fight. Otherwise this fight would not be happening.
    I probably forgot yes, he did take a few hard shots from Golovkin, yet he took them well, he rolled with the punches. So I can see why you he abover posts are saying they haven't a question about the chin. still Kovalev is bigger and badder and power is the last thing to go on a fighter and Kovalev has that in the bag just waiting to strike early for the upset. I'll bet the odds come out at 3-2 Canelo favor

    About the body shots yes, the classical Mexican left hook to the liver may also end it all for the beaten up Kovalev as you said, but durability point I have to disagree on it any man determined if professional caliber as Kovalev can whip himself into shape for durability on such a big night.

    I hope you're right, as I'm TOTALLY rooting for Kovalev.
    I totally rooting for Kovalev as well bro 👊 Canelo got the gift and is always overhyped, I will love to see him decissively lose.

    Excellent! By the way... welcome to the forum.

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Fenay, Longvic
    Posts
    682
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    13
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: In what round will Canelo stop Kovalev?

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboxingfan View Post
    I think the people are shot-changing Kovalev, he is a big guy and he can hurt Canelo , it can happen that he has a flash of youth again and shock up the world, and Canelo can get tired like in past fights. Canelo chin has not been tested and Kovalev can be the man to do it. I predict Kovalev will pull the upset and go out and retire in victory.
    The biggest question in this fight is how well Canelo can take Kovalevs punch. Canelo has definitely had his chin tested. He took big shots from GGG. Kovalev is a whole other animal though. We will see what happens.

    Yeah, I have no questions about Canelo's chin either. To me the biggest question is Kovalev's durability. He's shown a tendency to wear out, especially when hit to the body which I'm sure Canelo and his team are well aware of. Whatever aura of invincibility Kovalev had was erased by his TKO loss to Ward in their second fight. Otherwise this fight would not be happening.
    I probably forgot yes, he did take a few hard shots from Golovkin, yet he took them well, he rolled with the punches. So I can see why you he abover posts are saying they haven't a question about the chin. still Kovalev is bigger and badder and power is the last thing to go on a fighter and Kovalev has that in the bag just waiting to strike early for the upset. I'll bet the odds come out at 3-2 Canelo favor

    About the body shots yes, the classical Mexican left hook to the liver may also end it all for the beaten up Kovalev as you said, but durability point I have to disagree on it any man determined if professional caliber as Kovalev can whip himself into shape for durability on such a big night.

    I hope you're right, as I'm TOTALLY rooting for Kovalev.
    I totally rooting for Kovalev as well bro 👊 Canelo got the gift and is always overhyped, I will love to see him decissively lose.

    Excellent! By the way... welcome to the forum.
    Thank you sir. It's a pleasure to talk the greatest sport of all times with you and Power puncher.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    46,532
    Mentioned
    878 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3143
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: In what round will Canelo stop Kovalev?

    Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    Bloody ell, I'd say he'd need a step ladder but I'm assuming he'll be going for a full body assault, that is quite a size difference, it'll be a nice win for Alvarez if he manages it but I'm assuming they know kovalev is close to being finished but wotever, I'm looking forward to this one.

    I hope Alvarez takes on Andy ruiz for the Mexican heavyweight title after this, I'd watch.
    I can see Kovalev fighting smart, ramming that jab from a distance. Canelo will want to get inside and work but Kovalev is underrated as a boxer Imo and Canelo can be a bit flat footed. Maybe he thinks he can walk Kovalev down, I don't know. Kov is much bigger and this is close to fight time and fresh off a fight, so the size won't change all that much. It is a strange fight for Canelo and certainly not something GGG would have considered doing. It is all a bit wild and weird.
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWNc_AZewu7AAERwCfLfupUZIJSbzqC MgjXFbc0u9YrZkuInoB

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Fenay, Longvic
    Posts
    682
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    13
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: In what round will Canelo stop Kovalev?

    Not sure about anything being wild or weird here I don't know what that's the right words for me to use? Agree with you on he is flat-foot style but got on bicycle often against Gelovkin, so can move sideway or lateral at times. Maybe weird is to us to be seeing Canelo dance while Kovalev is cutting the ring and missing long punches , especially that long overhand rights and lead-off rights. Did you see Kovalev leadoff rights against Yarde? He can't try that type of punch on Canello because Canello would lefthook to the liver underneath, it's lights out for Kovalev liver if he does leadoff rights and misses and his right side is wide open for counters to the liver. My view is Canelo can't win unless Kovalev throws lazy carefree lead off rights and gets counted out from a Mexican classic body punch (left hook).

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,555
    Mentioned
    602 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    577
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: In what round will Canelo stop Kovalev?

    I don’t want to get religious here but please lord let kov win

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    56,658
    Mentioned
    1456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2697
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: In what round will Canelo stop Kovalev?

    This is why I find it strange people say that Canelo is certain to win and that he has handpicked Kov. This is an exciting fight and challenge for Saul and brings much more intrigue than a normal defence at middleweight.

    Give the guy a break and I am a triple G fan.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Fenay, Longvic
    Posts
    682
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    13
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: In what round will Canelo stop Kovalev?

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    This is why I find it strange people say that Canelo is certain to win and that he has handpicked Kov. This is an exciting fight and challenge for Saul and brings much more intrigue than a normal defence at middleweight.

    Give the guy a break and I am a triple G fan.
    Agree wholheartedly on Benn and Kov your points both , those said "Canelo certain to win_ are then forgetting how much bigger of a fighter not fame but SIZE is Kov. Stats I have found are Kov, Krusher, 6 feet even, 72 inch reach, but age 36. But Canelo , short 5 ft 8, and reach 70", but advantage 28 years old. given all that, Krusher has it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Canelo v Kovalev at 175
    By Beanz in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 07-23-2019, 11:57 PM
  2. Canelo,GGG,Ward,Kovalev
    By imp in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-18-2015, 01:07 AM
  3. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-01-2011, 12:35 PM
  4. FROCH to stop taylor before the 5th round
    By SEANIE in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-19-2009, 08:04 PM

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing