Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  15
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22

Thread: How are things in life

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,589
    Mentioned
    605 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    578
    Cool Clicks

    Default How are things in life

    Damn I got nailed with a bit of a shit storm. Some job, some physical some family illness. It really got me for about a month. I mean really kicked my ass. But then the dust start settling and you can look at things clearly. When I look at most of my life I’m probably 100 times better off than I should be. I don’t know if any of you had smooth sailings in life. I lost a lot of close friends at a young age. Starting around 6 years old. So when you can, or I can look at things in a rationale perspective I hope everyone is doing alright. It’s funny but these either self inflicted shit storms or the ones that just happen never really seem to pass. So stay well, enjoy the people around you and keep it cool.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    46,613
    Mentioned
    881 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3146
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: How are things in life

    Pretty good on the whole. Only issue is a shoulder injury that keeps flaring up. Physical therapy temporarily helps but think I need to do a scan. I handle pain very well, but it probably needs a proper fix. I cannot not do my exercises forever.

    Life is otherwise good and no complaints really.
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWNc_AZewu7AAERwCfLfupUZIJSbzqC MgjXFbc0u9YrZkuInoB

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,589
    Mentioned
    605 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    578
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: How are things in life

    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Pretty good on the whole. Only issue is a shoulder injury that keeps flaring up. Physical therapy temporarily helps but think I need to do a scan. I handle pain very well, but it probably needs a proper fix. I cannot not do my exercises forever.

    Life is otherwise good and no complaints really.
    Glad to hear it Miles. Which shoulder is acting up. My right shoulder has some real bad tendon damage only starts hurting after using the chainsaw or heavy lifting.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    46,613
    Mentioned
    881 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3146
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: How are things in life

    Same as you. It is the right side, my non dominant side. I got a bit hyper in the summer throwing punches and hadn't warmed up and ignored that I already have a slight tear. My own fault. The physical therapy seems to work, but then the pain comes back and so I think I will just make sure it isn't superficial. I am tricky as I can put up with pain and then it can turn out to be something more serious. I went a few years before checking the main shoulder tear. Physical therapy is cheap though. Only about 6 pounds per session including doctor consultation.

    Otherwise I guess my life is quite empty and terrible and I should probably kill myself as nobody cares about me or what I say. It's a good thing I consider Beanz a parody rather than a human being.
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWNc_AZewu7AAERwCfLfupUZIJSbzqC MgjXFbc0u9YrZkuInoB

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    46,613
    Mentioned
    881 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3146
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: How are things in life

    What options do you have for your shoulder Walrus? Have you considered surgery? I wouldn't rule it out with me if they can tidy it up in there. Maybe an injection and see how that goes and then cut me up if that doesn't work. But back to physio tomorrow and a chat as I think I need to do more.
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWNc_AZewu7AAERwCfLfupUZIJSbzqC MgjXFbc0u9YrZkuInoB

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    21,146
    Mentioned
    788 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1023
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: How are things in life

    Hidden Content

    "You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself..."

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    56,706
    Mentioned
    1457 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2700
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: How are things in life

    At risk of being made redundant in about 18 months so just waiting for that to happen. Stayed there long enough to just wait and see what they do rather than look for something new.

    Got sciatica on left side from over training and overdevelopment on right side. Trying to use stretching and balance the strain to rectify it.

    Will get a tattoo or piercing very soon.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,589
    Mentioned
    605 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    578
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: How are things in life

    Yup miles same here blew out tendons in my right shoulder. I didn’t tear them they are all snapped. Now I’m no doctor miles but if you have a tear I wouldn’t rush into surgery. I bet if you get an mri on your knees you will find torn tendons, it’s quite common. I only say this as I’ve had tendon surgery previously and it is 10 times worse than breaking a bone. Of course if your pain is too much and it’s the only way to alleviate it it’s worth it

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,589
    Mentioned
    605 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    578
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: How are things in life

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    At risk of being made redundant in about 18 months so just waiting for that to happen. Stayed there long enough to just wait and see what they do rather than look for something new.

    Got sciatica on left side from over training and overdevelopment on right side. Trying to use stretching and balance the strain to rectify it.

    Will get a tattoo or piercing very soon.
    What’s up with the tats and piercing

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    56,706
    Mentioned
    1457 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2700
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: How are things in life

    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    At risk of being made redundant in about 18 months so just waiting for that to happen. Stayed there long enough to just wait and see what they do rather than look for something new.

    Got sciatica on left side from over training and overdevelopment on right side. Trying to use stretching and balance the strain to rectify it.

    Will get a tattoo or piercing very soon.
    What’s up with the tats and piercing
    Midlife Crisis.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    58,489
    Mentioned
    515 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2982
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: How are things in life

    Life is going wonderful for me thanks for asking
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,589
    Mentioned
    605 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    578
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: How are things in life

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    At risk of being made redundant in about 18 months so just waiting for that to happen. Stayed there long enough to just wait and see what they do rather than look for something new.

    Got sciatica on left side from over training and overdevelopment on right side. Trying to use stretching and balance the strain to rectify it.

    Will get a tattoo or piercing very soon.
    What’s up with the tats and piercing
    Midlife Crisis.
    Damn I hate when that happens can’t you lease a Ferrari for a month or so. Tats aren’t reversible there must be a better way we can handle this

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    56,706
    Mentioned
    1457 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2700
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: How are things in life

    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    At risk of being made redundant in about 18 months so just waiting for that to happen. Stayed there long enough to just wait and see what they do rather than look for something new.

    Got sciatica on left side from over training and overdevelopment on right side. Trying to use stretching and balance the strain to rectify it.

    Will get a tattoo or piercing very soon.
    What’s up with the tats and piercing
    Midlife Crisis.
    Damn I hate when that happens can’t you lease a Ferrari for a month or so. Tats aren’t reversible there must be a better way we can handle this
    Which is why I probably favour the piercing. Nearly hitting 50, which is scary.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,589
    Mentioned
    605 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    578
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: How are things in life

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    At risk of being made redundant in about 18 months so just waiting for that to happen. Stayed there long enough to just wait and see what they do rather than look for something new.

    Got sciatica on left side from over training and overdevelopment on right side. Trying to use stretching and balance the strain to rectify it.

    Will get a tattoo or piercing very soon.
    What’s up with the tats and piercing
    Midlife Crisis.
    Damn I hate when that happens can’t you lease a Ferrari for a month or so. Tats aren’t reversible there must be a better way we can handle this
    Which is why I probably favour the piercing. Nearly hitting 50, which is scary.
    Actually if you live to 95 it’s not too bad master. If you live to 52 yeah it’s bad. Age is rather relevant as we never know our expiration date. The only people who don’t think 90 is a long life are 89 year olds

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    46,613
    Mentioned
    881 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3146
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: How are things in life

    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Yup miles same here blew out tendons in my right shoulder. I didn’t tear them they are all snapped. Now I’m no doctor miles but if you have a tear I wouldn’t rush into surgery. I bet if you get an mri on your knees you will find torn tendons, it’s quite common. I only say this as I’ve had tendon surgery previously and it is 10 times worse than breaking a bone. Of course if your pain is too much and it’s the only way to alleviate it it’s worth it
    Yeah, I was reading that many men over 40 already have a shoulder tear and just don't realize it. I guess you just get used to pain and discomfort. It's not a terrible pain like being punctured by a bullet, but more your nagging stiffness and ache that just doesn't go away. That terrible shotgun pain is awful, but you know it will go away as you heal, but the nagging soreness is indefinite and just more annoying in its own way. It is strange as at times it seems to get better, but then it just hurts.

    Will do light stretches for mobility and keep doing physio for now, but I miss lifting weights and working the body properly.
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWNc_AZewu7AAERwCfLfupUZIJSbzqC MgjXFbc0u9YrZkuInoB

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Name small things in life that make you happy ???
    By Jerry Rice in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 08-20-2013, 11:58 PM
  2. Replies: 40
    Last Post: 10-27-2009, 08:03 AM

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing