Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  14
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: I love watching live boxing!

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    21,954
    Mentioned
    473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1697
    Cool Clicks

    Default I love watching live boxing!

    I love watching it on TV also... but the live experience is unique in so many different ways. Just attended a boxing card last night in Trujillo Alto. There were 8 of us in the group, which always makes it even better. I've never attended a boxing event alone, and don't know whether I'd enjoy it as much. I was there mostly to get my first look at Xander Zayas, a wonderful local welterweight prospect. He did not disappoint. He wasn't even the featured bout. The featured bout was between two undefeated fighters... one local and the other was Mexican. Both the Xander fight and the main event where terrific fights. The venue was small enough that all the seats were great seats. One of the perks of being at a live boxing event is seeing the seemingly endless parade of female fans dressed to kill. It had been too long since I did this, and I won't wait as long for the next one.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    21,954
    Mentioned
    473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1697
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: I love watching live boxing!

    https://www.boxingscene.com/xander-z...o-rico--147206

    Xander Zayas, Angel Aponte Stop Opponents in Puerto Rico



    Xander became the youngest fighter to ever sign a pro contract with Top Rank, at 16 years of age. He's now 4-0 with 3 KO's, and has all the earmarks of a future star. I hope he remembers I went to see him in his pro debut in Puerto Rico.

    Undefeated Angel "Bebito" Aponte of San Juan, PR stopped also (previously) undefeated Irving Macías of Mexico by TKO in the 7th round.

    Both were terrific fights.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    4,259
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    413
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: I love watching live boxing!

    That’s cool. I’ve only gone to one live professional fight which was Floyd vs Mitchell. It was pretty cool but I was up pretty high.

    I have gone to a few local amateur cards though and they have been really fun.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    21,954
    Mentioned
    473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1697
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: I love watching live boxing!

    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    That’s cool. I’ve only gone to one live professional fight which was Floyd vs Mitchell. It was pretty cool but I was up pretty high.

    I have gone to a few local amateur cards though and they have been really fun.

    I see that was in Portland (Maine? Oregon?). Do you live nearby there?

    Yeah... depending on where you sit, it can totally affect your viewing experience. I've been to boxing events in the Coliseo de Puerto Rico (big), the Roberto Clemente Coliseum (medium), and ones like last night in Trujillo Alto (small). Definitely the smaller venues have the advantage in that there isn't a bad seat in the house. I saw a Cotto fight once in the Coliseo de PR, and was sitting so far up, it was better looking at the screen. Definitely not a good experience.

    The whole live experience is cool, though. On TV you don't appreciate the roar of the crowd, nor the buzz of excitement before the big fights. The announcers usually end up telling you as much, because they know TV viewers can't very well hear it.

    I've been pretty lucky here in PR, where they have frequent pro boxing cards. I had slacked off as of late 'cause, like I said, I don't like to go by myself. But I'm gonna start going more frequently now.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    south of england near brighton
    Posts
    1,429
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    804
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: I love watching live boxing!

    Done York hall in the UK and the O2. Had ringside seats for both and were great. Done the t mobile arena for Kahn Canelo in the nosebleeds also great.

    Always wanted to do the MGM grand garden or MSG but hasn't worked out... YET!!!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    4,259
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    413
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: I love watching live boxing!

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    That’s cool. I’ve only gone to one live professional fight which was Floyd vs Mitchell. It was pretty cool but I was up pretty high.

    I have gone to a few local amateur cards though and they have been really fun.

    I see that was in Portland (Maine? Oregon?). Do you live nearby there?

    Yeah... depending on where you sit, it can totally affect your viewing experience. I've been to boxing events in the Coliseo de Puerto Rico (big), the Roberto Clemente Coliseum (medium), and ones like last night in Trujillo Alto (small). Definitely the smaller venues have the advantage in that there isn't a bad seat in the house. I saw a Cotto fight once in the Coliseo de PR, and was sitting so far up, it was better looking at the screen. Definitely not a good experience.

    The whole live experience is cool, though. On TV you don't appreciate the roar of the crowd, nor the buzz of excitement before the big fights. The announcers usually end up telling you as much, because they know TV viewers can't very well hear it.

    I've been pretty lucky here in PR, where they have frequent pro boxing cards. I had slacked off as of late 'cause, like I said, I don't like to go by myself. But I'm gonna start going more frequently now.
    I lived in Portland, Oregon. I lived there most of my life. I moved around here and there but that’s definitely where I claim home. I live in Idaho now though.

    I didn’t know you actually lived in Puerto Rico. For some reason I was thinking you lived in the states but were just Puerto Rican. That’s cool though.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    21,954
    Mentioned
    473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1697
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: I love watching live boxing!

    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    That’s cool. I’ve only gone to one live professional fight which was Floyd vs Mitchell. It was pretty cool but I was up pretty high.

    I have gone to a few local amateur cards though and they have been really fun.

    I see that was in Portland (Maine? Oregon?). Do you live nearby there?

    Yeah... depending on where you sit, it can totally affect your viewing experience. I've been to boxing events in the Coliseo de Puerto Rico (big), the Roberto Clemente Coliseum (medium), and ones like last night in Trujillo Alto (small). Definitely the smaller venues have the advantage in that there isn't a bad seat in the house. I saw a Cotto fight once in the Coliseo de PR, and was sitting so far up, it was better looking at the screen. Definitely not a good experience.

    The whole live experience is cool, though. On TV you don't appreciate the roar of the crowd, nor the buzz of excitement before the big fights. The announcers usually end up telling you as much, because they know TV viewers can't very well hear it.

    I've been pretty lucky here in PR, where they have frequent pro boxing cards. I had slacked off as of late 'cause, like I said, I don't like to go by myself. But I'm gonna start going more frequently now.
    I lived in Portland, Oregon. I lived there most of my life. I moved around here and there but that’s definitely where I claim home. I live in Idaho now though.

    I didn’t know you actually lived in Puerto Rico. For some reason I was thinking you lived in the states but were just Puerto Rican. That’s cool though.

    Yep....... lived in PR most of my life, with a few scattered stints in the States. Never saw any live boxing in the States, though.

    Living in Idaho, you're probably less than an 8-hour drive from Vegas I would think.... so I imagine you could make it to an event there.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Anybody watching the games? Love the moguls
    By IamInuit in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-09-2014, 01:55 AM
  2. Love watching Sanders batter Vitali here---
    By brocktonblockbust in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-25-2013, 07:10 AM
  3. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-20-2009, 10:27 PM
  4. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-16-2008, 12:16 AM
  5. Watching Live Fights Online?
    By SweetPea in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-08-2007, 12:51 AM

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing