When things get back to somewhat normal.... what effect, if any, will this break have had on boxing in general and on fighters in particular?
- Will social distancing measures remain in arenas/venues?
- Will cornermen, referees, and others in close promixity wear masks? Will it be obligatory?
- What fighters have continued training and sparring? What fighters have not?
- What impact will this have on televised and/or streamed fights?
- Will boxing in general become more popular? Less? No change?
I'd be in favor of social distancing as well as other measures in arenas/venues for awhile. It's not gonna kill anyone to watch fights with a mask on and occupying every other seat.
I'd also be in favor of obligatory masks for corner people and referees.
I'm hoping against hope that mainstream TV recommits to boxing. It's not like jammed baseball/soccer/football stadiums are coming right back. There's profits to be made from boxing if handled properly by the networks.
For the same reasons, I'd think a sports-hungry public would "flock" (figuratively speaking, of course ) to a well-managed boxing comeback.