Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  141
Dislikes Dislikes:  13
Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 375 of 561

Thread: George Floyd murdered by cops

Share/Bookmark
  1. #361
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    16,320
    Mentioned
    673 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    701
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: George Floyd murdered by cops

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    See, now I lean to the flip side. Firstly does a cop not get due process of any sort. Here's all I know, the man was found to be operating a vehicle while intoxicated. resisted arrest, punched a cop, disarmed him and subsequently turned and fired at him. A taser yep a taser but a taser is a weapon. I'm not all 'hey blast the crap out of him' but I don't think any of us can say we'd not rattle under exactly 2-3 seconds in that situation. Devils advocate but I just think we're entering an unrealistic load on people who are in a position to stop crime. It's a whole different world when we start saying 'let a guy go who just assaulted cops and attempted to target them' get away for another day. We say the cop knew he had a taser did the suspect know it was a taser. It sucks and no one should have died but this is a whole new can of worms requiring a cop to throw their hands up and walk away from literally 4,5 crimes committed. Things are going to get real messy.

    I just think it's quite a distance between perceiving a threat to your own life (if you're the cop), and just not wanting someone to get away. Shooting fleeing suspects in the back is becoming all too common and, if that's gonna be the standard from now on...... police forces should just come out and say it, instead of blabbing on about only using deadly force when it's absolutely necessary.
    Yeh true. The first thought I had was the one a couple of years ago where the cop was allowed to plea out..at first..for shooting Walter Scott in that park. But the cop stopped to take a firing position and just unloaded on the poor guy who was fully turned and completely unarmed. That shat even ended in a hung jury, insanely enough, if I remember right. But again with this one it's all in an instant and I can't get into a cops head after a violent altercation. I just think with the way detractors and defenders are rolling out scenarios that we'll see tons of like reaction now even if Brooks had stopped and was still pointing the taser directly at him.

    I agree, man... and I can totally see where this can quickly turn into a snowball of shit. Overreactions or mob mentality is something I remember from sociology class in high school. That, and the pendulum theory. We seem so fucking maddeningly unable to separate the facts from the myths in individual cases..... it just becomes a giant human feeding frenzy. I'll mention @El Kabong in here, as I've been arguing pretty heavily on the side of the black men lately.... and I know in theory we're all on the same side. Believe me..... last thing I want is for police officers to have to say, "Wait..... let me pull out the 1,000-page handbook that tells me what I'm allowed to do with your fist-swinging ass." Sort of like the scene from Demolition Man where the cops were trying to take down Simon Phoenix using harsh language.

    I think this snowball of shit has already formed, and unfortunately I think it's going to get worse before it gets better. For the life of me, I wish someone with common sense had a giant megaphone and could yell to the whole nation some even-headed message. Something along the lines that yes..... police reform is sorely needed. But PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE....... do not punch cops, try to disarm them, and then run off and expect a slap on the wrist. Detainees could use a few tanker-fuls of common sense when interacting with police.

    Having said this, I still don't think Brooks deserved to be killed with shots in the back. He had been totally ID'ed..... and he wasn't going to get far. Throw his ass in jail and fuck him up with a big enough fine, so he'll learn how to behave when confronted by law officers with guns.
    I can understand that point of view. I can also understand he turned and pointed something at a cop while running. These split second things have a high probability of something going wrong. I still say it’s a shame someone died over this.

  2. #362
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Uttar Pradesh, India
    Posts
    3,495
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    101
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: George Floyd murdered by cops

    The cop KNEW it was her own tazer he had grabbed and was running with. It looks like a tazer. It LIT UP like a tazer. Then, the black man stopped trying to fire the tazer, and turned his back to continue running a few steps BEFORE he was shot. He was no threat with his back turned. Neither is a tazer a threat.

    He was executed.

  3. #363
    El Kabong Guest

    Default Re: George Floyd murdered by cops

    Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    The cop KNEW it was her own tazer he had grabbed and was running with. It looks like a tazer. It LIT UP like a tazer. Then, the black man stopped trying to fire the tazer, and turned his back to continue running a few steps BEFORE he was shot. He was no threat with his back turned. Neither is a tazer a threat.

    He was executed.
    The cop knew it was a tazer because?? The cop had just been assaulted and had it wrenched from her hand. After which it was fired at her.



    Sorry, that's ok to shoot that person. I'm ok with that. Be arrested and live or do that. You try doing that next time you interact with a cop and tell us how it goes.

  4. #364
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Uttar Pradesh, India
    Posts
    3,495
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    101
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: George Floyd murdered by cops

    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    The cop KNEW it was her own tazer he had grabbed and was running with. It looks like a tazer. It LIT UP like a tazer. Then, the black man stopped trying to fire the tazer, and turned his back to continue running a few steps BEFORE he was shot. He was no threat with his back turned. Neither is a tazer a threat.

    He was executed.
    The cop knew it was a tazer because?? The cop had just been assaulted and had it wrenched from her hand. After which it LIT UP LIKE A CHRISTMAS BULB at her.



    Sorry, that's ok to shoot that person. I'm ok with that. Be arrested and live or do that. You try doing that next time you interact with a cop and tell us how it goes.

    Wow. There fixed it.

  5. #365
    El Kabong Guest

    Default Re: George Floyd murdered by cops

    Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    The cop KNEW it was her own tazer he had grabbed and was running with. It looks like a tazer. It LIT UP like a tazer. Then, the black man stopped trying to fire the tazer, and turned his back to continue running a few steps BEFORE he was shot. He was no threat with his back turned. Neither is a tazer a threat.

    He was executed.
    The cop knew it was a tazer because?? The cop had just been assaulted and had it wrenched from her hand. After which it LIT UP LIKE A CHRISTMAS BULB at her.



    Sorry, that's ok to shoot that person. I'm ok with that. Be arrested and live or do that. You try doing that next time you interact with a cop and tell us how it goes.

    Wow. There fixed it.
    Yeah just gloss over the whole assaulting the officer thing, that's good.

  6. #366
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    2,304
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    141
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: George Floyd murdered by cops

    the george floyd clips are so fake it's funny. but not as funny as the tards that believe it is real
    Apply shame. Apply fame. The crook and the flail.

  7. #367
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    16,320
    Mentioned
    673 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    701
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: George Floyd murdered by cops

    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    The cop KNEW it was her own tazer he had grabbed and was running with. It looks like a tazer. It LIT UP like a tazer. Then, the black man stopped trying to fire the tazer, and turned his back to continue running a few steps BEFORE he was shot. He was no threat with his back turned. Neither is a tazer a threat.

    He was executed.
    The cop knew it was a tazer because?? The cop had just been assaulted and had it wrenched from her hand. After which it LIT UP LIKE A CHRISTMAS BULB at her.



    Sorry, that's ok to shoot that person. I'm ok with that. Be arrested and live or do that. You try doing that next time you interact with a cop and tell us how it goes.

    Wow. There fixed it.
    Yeah just gloss over the whole assaulting the officer thing, that's good.
    I can see why people are upset, I also see the difference between this and kneeling crazy cop. I’m sure others here have been involved in foot pursuits after being attacked. I’m sure others have had to do restraints that were quite a struggle. There is a lot going on, when someone is trying to grab your weapon, any weapon, it’s next level shit. They aren’t trying to get it to sell at a pawn shop.

  8. #368
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    23,460
    Mentioned
    502 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1768
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: George Floyd murdered by cops

    I would imagine there would be varying degrees of empathy toward those killed by most on here, although it's normal that there would be some differences of opinion on each individual case.

    I think most on here agree that it's a really bad idea to resist arrest and then be surprised when you're getting shot.

    I think most on here agree that police brutality has gotten out of hand, and black men seem disproportionately affected by this terrible problem.

    I think most on here would agree that there's lots to do to get this situation in hand.

    We've only got two complete outliers from the normal bell curve:

    • TIC, who comically thinks everything that happens in life is staged.
    • Denilson, who equally comically says every white man on Earth is a white supremacist.



    But every forum has its oddballs.... what can you do.

    I still maintain that shooting civilians in the back is something that's probably not found in any policeman's employee handbook.

  9. #369
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    2,304
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    141
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: George Floyd murdered by cops

    chico exaggerating again. becoming as big a liar as beanz. how quickly he forgot about the plandemic for the next scam the tv told him to focus on
    Apply shame. Apply fame. The crook and the flail.

  10. #370
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    16,320
    Mentioned
    673 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    701
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: George Floyd murdered by cops

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I would imagine there would be varying degrees of empathy toward those killed by most on here, although it's normal that there would be some differences of opinion on each individual case.

    I think most on here agree that it's a really bad idea to resist arrest and then be surprised when you're getting shot.

    I think most on here agree that police brutality has gotten out of hand, and black men seem disproportionately affected by this terrible problem.

    I think most on here would agree that there's lots to do to get this situation in hand.

    We've only got two complete outliers from the normal bell curve:

    • TIC, who comically thinks everything that happens in life is staged.
    • Denilson, who equally comically says every white man on Earth is a white supremacist.



    But every forum has its oddballs.... what can you do.

    I still maintain that shooting civilians in the back is something that's probably not found in any policeman's employee handbook.
    And I still say I don’t think legally this was a justifiable shooting. I will be interested to see what the courts do with it. I can see why the cop would react this way, I really don’t think it was a racial thing, I think the cop reacted in a way that won’t be justifiable use of deadly force. Anyone here what they are thinking of charging him with. So stupid all around, if the dude took the DWI charge he’d probably be home tonight. Why did he switch and attack the cop. And if the cop had maybe 3millisecond pause in his We wouldn’t be talking about this. Shit moves so fast in situations like this I can’t even begin to explain.

  11. #371
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    2,304
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    141
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: George Floyd murdered by cops

    this has been out for awhile but has anyone mentioned his teachers name? wAYNEL SEXton. you are being mocked
    Apply shame. Apply fame. The crook and the flail.

  12. #372
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    2,304
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    141
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: George Floyd murdered by cops

    so they are poisoning cops now & putting glass on pizza yeh
    Apply shame. Apply fame. The crook and the flail.

  13. #373
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Uttar Pradesh, India
    Posts
    3,495
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    101
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: George Floyd murdered by cops

    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    so they are poisoning cops now & putting glass on pizza yeh
    Looks like you are the glass haha

  14. #374
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    2,304
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    141
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: George Floyd murdered by cops

    Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    so they are poisoning cops now & putting glass on pizza yeh
    Looks like you are the glass haha
    did a bubble come out of your mouth when you giggled? hiccup
    Apply shame. Apply fame. The crook and the flail.

  15. #375
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Uttar Pradesh, India
    Posts
    3,495
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    101
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: George Floyd murdered by cops

    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    so they are poisoning cops now & putting glass on pizza yeh
    Looks like you are the glass haha
    did a bubble come out of your mouth when you giggled? hiccup
    Altoona

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Dopey Cops thread.
    By Andre in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-22-2013, 11:21 PM
  2. Experts say Gatti was murdered
    By skel1983 in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-26-2011, 05:49 AM
  3. do they air cops in the UK?
    By SalTheButcher in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-09-2006, 01:17 AM

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2020 Saddo Boxing - Boxing