Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Jack Johnson vs Jess WIllard, best video in color

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    1,107
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    26
    Cool Clicks

    Default Jack Johnson vs Jess WIllard, best video in color

    What a great quality color video, never seen it so clear before


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    1,107
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    26
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Jack Johnson vs Jess WIllard, best video in color

    Seeing it clear there, that was a whale of a crunching right hand

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    4,443
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    396
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Jack Johnson vs Jess WIllard, best video in color

    Yeah, what a shot.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    58,001
    Mentioned
    1516 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2753
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Jack Johnson vs Jess WIllard, best video in color

    Jack Johnson dressed well, just like Chris Eubank did. You can also see how out of shape Johnson looks compared to his prime years.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    This Lunatic Asylum
    Posts
    23,183
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2861
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Jack Johnson vs Jess WIllard, best video in color

    Great footage, the colour really adds a different perspective. 26 rounds at that pace? Jesus! By modern standards it would be like watching paint dry. Makes a Wlad fight look electric. The KO punch was fitting of any era though, breathtaking.

    Johnson claimed he took a dive... not surprising that punch messed with his memory.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    4,258
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    413
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Jack Johnson vs Jess WIllard, best video in color

    26 rounds is so long. Even if you aren’t throwing that many punches, it’s still a long to be in the ring moving around.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    58,001
    Mentioned
    1516 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2753
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Jack Johnson vs Jess WIllard, best video in color

    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    26 rounds is so long. Even if you aren’t throwing that many punches, it’s still a long to be in the ring moving around.
    Especially in the tropical 103 degree heat of Havana.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    1,107
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    26
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Jack Johnson vs Jess WIllard, best video in color

    Yes it was a breathtaking crunching shot right to the side of the head. Johnson's head really jolted to the right and he crumpled.

    the color really is a dramatic addition to the footage and it was also better in focus than anything I had ever seen of it.

    Yes it was a hundred and three degrees Fahrenheit that's correct and the humidity was 50%. I read somewhere that it felt like 112 degrees in that ring and in the audience too obviously. That's like 45 degrees Celsius.

    Jack Johnson was 37 years old going on 38 in this fight. That seems like the fateful number for heavyweight comebacks.

    Joe Walcott got knocked out at 38 years old
    Joe Louis got knocked out at 37 or 38
    Muhammad Ali got stopped at 38
    Larry Holmes got knocked out at 38
    Mike Tyson got stopped at 37 or 38
    Lennox Lewis at 38 barely got by vitali.

    Gentleman you are already too old if you are 38.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    58,001
    Mentioned
    1516 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2753
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Jack Johnson vs Jess WIllard, best video in color

    Tell that to George Foreman who was 45 when he knocked out Moorer.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    1,107
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    26
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Jack Johnson vs Jess WIllard, best video in color

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Tell that to George Foreman who was 45 when he knocked out Moorer.
    Yes George is the exception, what a monster of a man. Makes you really appreciate George Foreman even more.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    58,001
    Mentioned
    1516 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2753
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Jack Johnson vs Jess WIllard, best video in color

    Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Tell that to George Foreman who was 45 when he knocked out Moorer.
    Yes George is the exception, what a monster of a man. Makes you really appreciate George Foreman even more.
    It also makes me despise Michael Moorer and his weak ass chin more. He should never have lost to Big George and was lucky to beat an injured Evander Holyfield.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    1,107
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    26
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Jack Johnson vs Jess WIllard, best video in color

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Tell that to George Foreman who was 45 when he knocked out Moorer.
    Yes George is the exception, what a monster of a man. Makes you really appreciate George Foreman even more.
    It also makes me despise Michael Moorer and his weak ass chin more. He should never have lost to Big George and was lucky to beat an injured Evander Holyfield.
    There's another guy I never liked Michael Moorer. Not sure what it was about him. He seems to be disengaged at times. No wonder Teddy Atlas had to yell at him like that. that shut that Foreman knocked him out with was not a weak shot though. It hit the sweet spot. Travelled about 6 in with several tons of iron behind it.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    58,001
    Mentioned
    1516 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2753
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Jack Johnson vs Jess WIllard, best video in color

    Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Tell that to George Foreman who was 45 when he knocked out Moorer.
    Yes George is the exception, what a monster of a man. Makes you really appreciate George Foreman even more.
    It also makes me despise Michael Moorer and his weak ass chin more. He should never have lost to Big George and was lucky to beat an injured Evander Holyfield.
    There's another guy I never liked Michael Moorer. Not sure what it was about him. He seems to be disengaged at times. No wonder Teddy Atlas had to yell at him like that. that shut that Foreman knocked him out with was not a weak shot though. It hit the sweet spot. Travelled about 6 in with several tons of iron behind it.
    Big George has raw power, simply the hardest punching heavyweight champion of all time. I bet he could still knock people out when he is 80 years old.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    1,107
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    26
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Jack Johnson vs Jess WIllard, best video in color

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Tell that to George Foreman who was 45 when he knocked out Moorer.
    Yes George is the exception, what a monster of a man. Makes you really appreciate George Foreman even more.
    It also makes me despise Michael Moorer and his weak ass chin more. He should never have lost to Big George and was lucky to beat an injured Evander Holyfield.
    There's another guy I never liked Michael Moorer. Not sure what it was about him. He seems to be disengaged at times. No wonder Teddy Atlas had to yell at him like that. that shut that Foreman knocked him out with was not a weak shot though. It hit the sweet spot. Travelled about 6 in with several tons of iron behind it.
    Big George has raw power, simply the hardest punching heavyweight champion of all time. I bet he could still knock people out when he is 80 years old.
    Yes. His punches were frightening. Thank God no one was killed by Foreman. You would think that that might have happened given his frightening power. in the seventies he even said that he would go in there and sometimes try to kill a man. That isn't boxing anymore that is just frightening stuff.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Tyson "Nose Candy" Fury vs Big Jess Willard
    By brocktonblockbust in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-14-2016, 06:58 AM
  2. Excellent Jess Willard Documentary - 27 minutes
    By brocktonblockbust in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-20-2014, 10:37 PM
  3. prime Jess Willard vs Wlad
    By brocktonblockbust in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-04-2014, 11:57 PM
  4. Jack Johnson verses Jess Willard
    By keo in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 02-28-2013, 11:14 PM
  5. Replies: 32
    Last Post: 11-10-2007, 03:23 AM

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing