Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: FBI: ""Boogaloo" on the loose in Charlotte, North Carolina"

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Uttar Pradesh, India
    Posts
    1,763
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    42
    Cool Clicks

    Default FBI: ""Boogaloo" on the loose in Charlotte, North Carolina"

    Boogaloo' on the loose: FBI warns Congress about extremism on the right

    Authorities who study extremism told Congress Thursday that far-right groups, not the radicals of antifa, currently pose the most serious threat of political violence in America — including attacks on the police, mayor's offices and shop owners who deny entry to customers who refused to social distance or wear masks.

    “The undeniable facts are right now that right-wing extremism is a much bigger problem. That’s where the violence is coming from,” said Heidi Beirich, the recent co-founder of the Global Project Against Hate and Extremism and former director of the Southern Poverty Law Center’s Intelligence Project, where she spent the past two decades tracking and reporting on far-right extremist activity in the U.S.

    Beirich was called to testify Thursday as part of a virtual hearing of the House Homeland Security Subcommittee on Intelligence & Counterterrorism, along with JJ MacNab, a fellow at George Washington University’s Program on Extremism, and John Donohue, the former chief of strategic initiatives for the New York City Police Department and a fellow at Rutgers University’s Miller Center for Community Protection and Resilience.

    The subject of the hearing, led by subcommittee Chairman Max Rose, D-N.Y., was “assessing the threat of accelerationists and militia extremists,” such as members of the so-called boogaloo movement, which has recently become the subject of increased national interest following the arrests of several alleged boogaloo members on charges mostly related to violent actions or plots relating to the Black Lives Matter protests. Among them was an active-duty Air Force sergeant arrested in May and charged with fatally shooting two law enforcement agents in California, including one federal security officer, and injuring two others.

    Rose made a point of declaring at the top of the hearing that “this ain’t about politics today.”

    “If there’s something happening [anywhere] on the political spectrum that involves violence, upending society, threatening institutions, we gotta look at it,” Rose said, insisting that “it is incredibly irrelevant to me which groups we look at so long as we are looking at the principal ones that threaten people’s lives.”

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Uttar Pradesh, India
    Posts
    1,763
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    42
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: FBI: ""Boogaloo" on the loose in Charlotte, North Carolina"

    Since late May, when protests against police killings of Black people began spreading to cities around the country, there have been dueling narratives about who was responsible for instigating violence, including damage to property and clashes with police, at the otherwise largely peaceful demonstrations.

    President Trump and others within his administration, including Attorney General William Barr, have consistently sought, without evidence, to blame violent activity at these protests on antifa, an amorphous movement made up of various radical leftists and anarchist groups united in their willingness to use violence against neo-Nazis, white supremacists and anyone else they consider to be “fascists.”

    At Thursday’s hearing, Republican Rep. Mark Walker, the ranking member of the Subcommittee on Intelligence & Counterterrorism, insisted that antifa is not just “a conservative talking point” and should be reviewed along with other violent extremists, including those with ties to white supremacy, antigovernment militias and other far-right accelerationist movements, such as the boogaloo.

    “Over the past three months, there’s been a consistent effort by antifa supporters to infiltrate protests to lay siege to government buildings and target law enforcement,” said Walker.

    However, a growing body of evidence, including intelligence reports, leaked law enforcement documents, as well as a number of indictments filed by Barr’s own Justice Department, has revealed significant threats against police and protesters by followers of far-right accelerationist and antigovernment militia movements, including the boogaloo. There has been little evidence of similarly coordinated efforts by groups associated with antifa.

    In her written testimony, MacNab addressed recent efforts to paint “Antifa as the Fictional Enemy.”

    “Known for confronting racists and right-wing militant groups at protests, causing property damage, and engaging in street violence, the various subgroups that make up Antifa are not without fault,” wrote MacNab. “They are not, however, the hyper-violent army that anti-government extremists make them out to be.”

    MacNab acknowledged that “in the last two months, there has been a noticeable rise in left-wing private paramilitary groups.” However, while “the right-wing/left-wing labels may not be as clear as they once were,” she wrote, “the overwhelming majority of anti-government extremists are still right-wing.”

    MacNab also sought to disentangle the somewhat confusing web of extremist ideologies that have come to identify with the boogaloo, emphasizing that the white supremacist wing of this movement is much smaller than the antigovernment extremist faction.

    “Both movements want to tear the nation apart, to accelerate the downfall of society so that they can rebuild it to fit their idea of utopia, but they have different visions of what that utopia entails,” she wrote in her statement.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    60,212
    Mentioned
    536 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3047
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: FBI: ""Boogaloo" on the loose in Charlotte, North Carolina"

    JJ Macnab UC Berkeley alum....all you need to know.
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    22,963
    Mentioned
    865 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1092
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: FBI: ""Boogaloo" on the loose in Charlotte, North Carolina"

    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    JJ Macnab UC Berkeley alum....all you need to know.

    Here comes fucking Joseph McCarthy to shut you down.
    Hidden Content

    "I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    60,212
    Mentioned
    536 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3047
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: FBI: ""Boogaloo" on the loose in Charlotte, North Carolina"

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    JJ Macnab UC Berkeley alum....all you need to know.

    Here comes fucking Joseph McCarthy to shut you down.
    Sure thing pal. What story are you working on today comrade? Whatever it is I'm sure it features you in the role of victim.
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Uttar Pradesh, India
    Posts
    1,763
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    42
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: FBI: ""Boogaloo" on the loose in Charlotte, North Carolina"

    Are we now demonizing victims, is it now a disgrace to be a victim?

    Woe unto him who spouts this crap and then one day becomes a victim himself!

    For that is normally the karma one earns

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    60,212
    Mentioned
    536 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3047
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: FBI: ""Boogaloo" on the loose in Charlotte, North Carolina"

    Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Are we now demonizing victims, is it now a disgrace to be a victim?

    Woe unto him who spouts this crap and then one day becomes a victim himself!

    For that is normally the karma one earns
    It takes no talent to take offense and it takes no talent to be a victim, it's why you and Beanz are such naturals at it.
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    22,963
    Mentioned
    865 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1092
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: FBI: ""Boogaloo" on the loose in Charlotte, North Carolina"

    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Are we now demonizing victims, is it now a disgrace to be a victim?

    Woe unto him who spouts this crap and then one day becomes a victim himself!

    For that is normally the karma one earns
    It takes no talent to take offense and it takes no talent to be a victim, it's why you and Beanz are such naturals at it.

    You have taken offense to virtually everything under the sun for years. People have had to walk on egg shells around you since your first day here. Every day a new belly ache. I can't speak for Brock but i get on with my life everyday. I certainly do not log on to post a new thread moaning about a new minority group getting up my nose or crying about having to wear a mask or insisting that everyone in another country is a cunt like you have. Years of it and no sign of you moving on and stop blaming others for your own woes. You really don't get it do you?

    You are more worried about the rights of White Supremacists and Neo Nazis than that of your fellow Americans whose lives are more hellish because of those bastards. You have no natural empathy because you are such an emotional infant you cannot admit to anything approaching solidarity with your fellow man for fear of it being seen as a weakness. You have always been quick to cast your fat entitled arse as that of the victim, so don't pull that old chestnut out of the fire in order to avoid the uncomfortable truth.
    Hidden Content

    "I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    60,212
    Mentioned
    536 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3047
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: FBI: ""Boogaloo" on the loose in Charlotte, North Carolina"

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Are we now demonizing victims, is it now a disgrace to be a victim?

    Woe unto him who spouts this crap and then one day becomes a victim himself!

    For that is normally the karma one earns
    It takes no talent to take offense and it takes no talent to be a victim, it's why you and Beanz are such naturals at it.

    You have taken offense to virtually everything under the sun for years. People have had to walk on egg shells around you since your first day here. Every day a new belly ache. I can't speak for Brock but i get on with my life everyday. I certainly do not log on to post a new thread moaning about a new minority group getting up my nose or crying about having to wear a mask or insisting that everyone in another country is a cunt like you have. Years of it and no sign of you moving on and stop blaming others for your own woes. You really don't get it do you?

    You are more worried about the rights of White Supremacists and Neo Nazis than that of your fellow Americans whose lives are more hellish because of those bastards. You have no natural empathy because you are such an emotional infant you cannot admit to anything approaching solidarity with your fellow man for fear of it being seen as a weakness. You have always been quick to cast your fat entitled arse as that of the victim, so don't pull that old chestnut out of the fire in order to avoid the uncomfortable truth.
    Solidarity is for Communists.

    I've got plenty of empathy for my fellow man.
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Uttar Pradesh, India
    Posts
    1,763
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    42
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: FBI: ""Boogaloo" on the loose in Charlotte, North Carolina"


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Uttar Pradesh, India
    Posts
    1,763
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    42
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: FBI: ""Boogaloo" on the loose in Charlotte, North Carolina"

    now we know who we're dealing with


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    60,212
    Mentioned
    536 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3047
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: FBI: ""Boogaloo" on the loose in Charlotte, North Carolina"

    OMG Brockton, how many people died? How many were hurt? What of property damage?


    None. None. Also none.

    Now do NYC, Portland, Chicago, & CHAZ/CHOP.
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Uttar Pradesh, India
    Posts
    1,763
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    42
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: FBI: ""Boogaloo" on the loose in Charlotte, North Carolina"

    Are you saying I support CHAZ/CHOP?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    22,963
    Mentioned
    865 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1092
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: FBI: ""Boogaloo" on the loose in Charlotte, North Carolina"

    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    Are we now demonizing victims, is it now a disgrace to be a victim?

    Woe unto him who spouts this crap and then one day becomes a victim himself!

    For that is normally the karma one earns
    It takes no talent to take offense and it takes no talent to be a victim, it's why you and Beanz are such naturals at it.

    You have taken offense to virtually everything under the sun for years. People have had to walk on egg shells around you since your first day here. Every day a new belly ache. I can't speak for Brock but i get on with my life everyday. I certainly do not log on to post a new thread moaning about a new minority group getting up my nose or crying about having to wear a mask or insisting that everyone in another country is a cunt like you have. Years of it and no sign of you moving on and stop blaming others for your own woes. You really don't get it do you?

    You are more worried about the rights of White Supremacists and Neo Nazis than that of your fellow Americans whose lives are more hellish because of those bastards. You have no natural empathy because you are such an emotional infant you cannot admit to anything approaching solidarity with your fellow man for fear of it being seen as a weakness. You have always been quick to cast your fat entitled arse as that of the victim, so don't pull that old chestnut out of the fire in order to avoid the uncomfortable truth.
    Solidarity is for Communists.

    I've got plenty of empathy for my fellow man.

    Don't be so stupid. Lech Wałęsa was persecuted for opposing Communists under what was very much like the martial law you are praising Trump for beginning to enforce in the states. Solidarity literally ended Communism and here you are once again displaying your ignorance.


    Solidarity is an awareness and acceptance of the fact that as humans we have many things in common not the state controlled anti-democratic violence against citizens that you support and applaud.
    Hidden Content

    "I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    60,212
    Mentioned
    536 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3047
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: FBI: ""Boogaloo" on the loose in Charlotte, North Carolina"

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Don't be so stupid. Lech Wałęsa was persecuted for opposing Communists under what was very much like the martial law you are praising Trump for beginning to enforce in the states. Solidarity literally ended Communism and here you are once again displaying your ignorance.


    Solidarity is an awareness and acceptance of the fact that as humans we have many things in common not the state controlled anti-democratic violence against citizens that you support and applaud.
    Solidarity
    noun
    1.unity or agreement of feeling or action, especially among individuals with a common interest; mutual support within a group.
    "factory workers voiced solidarity with the striking students"
    Similar:
    unanimity
    unity
    like-mindedness
    agreement
    accord
    harmony
    consensus
    concord
    concurrence
    singleness of purpose
    community of interest
    mutual support
    cooperation
    cohesion
    team spirit
    camaraderie
    esprit de corps
    2. an independent trade union movement in Poland that developed into a mass campaign for political change and inspired popular opposition to communist regimes across eastern Europe during the 1980s.


    Empathy
    noun
    the ability to understand and share the feelings of another.


    I stand by what I said
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-10-2019, 12:15 AM
  2. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-03-2017, 02:14 PM
  3. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-23-2016, 06:56 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-22-2007, 02:09 AM

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2020 Saddo Boxing - Boxing