Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: Rbg

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    15,673
    Mentioned
    643 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    656
    Cool Clicks

    Default Rbg

    Well RIP Ruth. You served your country. Seemed like a decent human.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    15,673
    Mentioned
    643 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    656
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Rbg

    With all respect to these office holders such as Ginsburg, McCain, FDR etc I think they should step down when they are so ill. The poor lady couldn’t have been firing on all cylinders pancreatic cancer ain’t no joke. It must be a good job though these Supreme Court justices live to ripe old ages the should write a book on diet and health

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    23,223
    Mentioned
    883 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1102
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Rbg

    Took you all of four minutes to undermine a rare display of human decency. She had a 25yr streak of never missing a hearing and said that work is what kept her physical pain manageable. Mentally and certainly empathy wise you ain't firing on all cylinders and there is no way you should be doing the job you are, but there you go even after admitting how unsuitable you are.

    Remarkable scenes outside of the supreme Court even after one lone dick with a megaphone had the crass lack of class to shout 'Roe vs Wade is dead'.

    RIP RGB.
    Last edited by Beanz; 09-19-2020 at 07:52 AM.
    Hidden Content

    "I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    22,438
    Mentioned
    487 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1718
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Rbg

    ............... and now to the business of ramrodding a replacement through the selection process as quickly as possible.


    Yeah yeah yeah..... Ruth was great and all that......... but we gotta hurry up and get a replacement juror that fits the bill.










    Washington remains as much of a sewer as it ever was.

    Drain the swamp my ass.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    15,673
    Mentioned
    643 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    656
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Rbg

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Took you all of four minutes to undermine a rare display of human decency. She had a 25yr streak of never missing a hearing and said that work is what kept her physical pain manageable. Mentally and certainly empathy wise you ain't firing on all cylinders and there is no way you should be doing the job you are, but there you go even after admitting how unsuitable you are.

    Remarkable scenes outside of the supreme Court even after one lone dick with a megaphone had the crass lack of class to shout 'Roe vs Wade is dead'.

    RIP RGB.
    Feel better now beaner? Did I upset you that much with my opinion

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    15,673
    Mentioned
    643 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    656
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Rbg

    I like watching these clips of Ginsburg and Scalia doing interviews together. You can see the intellect and respect between to the two despite having fundamentally differing opinions on so many issues, I think we could learn a lot from them.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    15,673
    Mentioned
    643 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    656
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Rbg

    And you may not understand beaner but it’s not about how the job makes the person feel. If a person has a job that can alter the lives of hundreds of millions we are talking about a different level of things. It’s not an insult to rbg or anyone, it’s my thoughts on anyone who holds these powers of position, it’s not just about them

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    15,673
    Mentioned
    643 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    656
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Rbg

    I was on a Supreme Court reading kick for a number of years. Got a lot of books about the highest court in the land. I always found them fascinating it is an integral part of US governance. I liked reading dissenting opinions. Thomas had some really interesting points in some of his recently but I was reading some going back to marbury v Madison, right to the beginning. Really a fascinating group of people with minds that appear to work at a different level. One common critique of the court is it’s make up. East Coast Ivy League grads. Where is the representation for the heartland of America. There has been some funny stuff along the way, one President had a ruling go against him, the press asked him about it, he said “ok, the court made their ruling let them send an army to enforce it.” Ginsburg had some interesting writings. The history of the Supreme Court is very interesting, it wasn’t granted the powers it has today in the constitution, they kind of granted it to themselves but all that stuff probably is not of much interest to people outside of the US, which makes sense, it’s hard enough to keep up with what is going on in our respective countries. I was speaking with someone from Brazil last week, they were telling me a bunch of things they are going through at the moment, I wasn’t even aware of, not good stuff either.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    McAllen, Texas?
    Posts
    5,284
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    960
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Rbg

    May she rest in peace. The woman lived an impressive life and, if some thought she legislated her political beliefs, her peers respected her and her knowledge of the law.

    The reality of the situation is that a replacement is going to be nominated and, hopefully, confirmed quickly. A situation has been created, deliberately, in which the Supreme Court is going to decide this election, specifically as to how much time will be allowed to manipulate mail in ballots after election day. The American left created this situation and it appears to have backfired. Now those very same people are celebrating the passing of an icon with threats of violence and mayhem. Again.

    Incidentally, I believe that it is 16 elections that have been overturned in the last dozen years because of irregularities and outright fraud involving mail in ballots. You can look that up.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    15,673
    Mentioned
    643 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    656
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Rbg

    Quote Originally Posted by greynotsoold View Post
    May she rest in peace. The woman lived an impressive life and, if some thought she legislated her political beliefs, her peers respected her and her knowledge of the law.

    The reality of the situation is that a replacement is going to be nominated and, hopefully, confirmed quickly. A situation has been created, deliberately, in which the Supreme Court is going to decide this election, specifically as to how much time will be allowed to manipulate mail in ballots after election day. The American left created this situation and it appears to have backfired. Now those very same people are celebrating the passing of an icon with threats of violence and mayhem. Again.

    Incidentally, I believe that it is 16 elections that have been overturned in the last dozen years because of irregularities and outright fraud involving mail in ballots. You can look that up.
    I see what you are saying greyman. And your right it’s possible with the push for mailing out ballots to everyone as opposed to requesting an absentee ballot is going to create a massive mess. It is very possible this will go to the courts. Probably wise to have a full court but I kinda think they should just wait. Perhaps Ginsburg should have stepped down during the Obama days. But we are at where we are at not where we want to be at. I think since she just passed let it ride and the chips will fall where they may. It’s going to be vicious either way.

    Just to clarify when I say let it ride I meant wait till after the election. But that’s just my personal thoughts on the matter I don’t expect it to have much impact nor will I stomp my feet if it happens differently.
    Last edited by walrus; 09-19-2020 at 06:14 PM.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    15,673
    Mentioned
    643 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    656
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Rbg

    I must say I found @Beanz attack one me very interesting. He insulted my character, told me I am unfit to do what I do and several others nasty things yet once again he read something too concretely. I know that is an ongoing issue so I shall not launch a counter insulting attack I just find it odd in general. I saw he was chasing el kabong around doing that shit. Us el kabong still around? I don’t see him posting. Well anyway I just found that particular attack a little odd but he used to use those same words against his current BFF so I’m not 100% sure how to take it. I hope babybeaner is well, I hope el kabong is well as well. I hope miles is well, does grandmiles ever stop by? I guess TIC is gone, what about alpha does he ever pop in? At least some people are enjoying themselves I guess that’s what it is all about. Even if it’s just a handful of people it still can be a positive outlet in these crazy times

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    23,223
    Mentioned
    883 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1102
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Rbg

    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    I must say I found @Beanz attack one me very interesting. He insulted my character, told me I am unfit to do what I do and several others nasty things yet once again he read something too concretely. I know that is an ongoing issue so I shall not launch a counter insulting attack I just find it odd in general. I saw he was chasing el kabong around doing that shit. Us el kabong still around? I don’t see him posting. Well anyway I just found that particular attack a little odd but he used to use those same words against his current BFF so I’m not 100% sure how to take it. I hope babybeaner is well, I hope el kabong is well as well. I hope miles is well, does grandmiles ever stop by? I guess TIC is gone, what about alpha does he ever pop in? At least some people are enjoying themselves I guess that’s what it is all about. Even if it’s just a handful of people it still can be a positive outlet in these crazy times

    Then why not come and talk to me. You could have talked to me in person tonight but chose not to and would rather @ mention me and try and pretend El Kabong and Gandalf leaving was something to to do with me. Lame mate. Really lame. You don't want to have your prejudices smashed to smithereens and so of course you didn't bother talking to me. You were the one telling us how judgemental you are and quick to jump to conclusions, hence your daft rush to remotely assess my mental state.You want to have a melt down, go for it I am not going to indulge you or your phoney bullshit with an argument. You ain't worth it.
    Hidden Content

    "I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    15,673
    Mentioned
    643 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    656
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Rbg

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    I must say I found @Beanz attack one me very interesting. He insulted my character, told me I am unfit to do what I do and several others nasty things yet once again he read something too concretely. I know that is an ongoing issue so I shall not launch a counter insulting attack I just find it odd in general. I saw he was chasing el kabong around doing that shit. Us el kabong still around? I don’t see him posting. Well anyway I just found that particular attack a little odd but he used to use those same words against his current BFF so I’m not 100% sure how to take it. I hope babybeaner is well, I hope el kabong is well as well. I hope miles is well, does grandmiles ever stop by? I guess TIC is gone, what about alpha does he ever pop in? At least some people are enjoying themselves I guess that’s what it is all about. Even if it’s just a handful of people it still can be a positive outlet in these crazy times

    Then why not come and talk to me. You could have talked to me in person tonight but chose not to and would rather @ mention me and try and pretend El Kabong and Gandalf leaving was something to to do with me. Lame mate. Really lame. You don't want to have your prejudices smashed to smithereens and so of course you didn't bother talking to me. You were the one telling us how judgemental you are and quick to jump to conclusions, hence your daft rush to remotely assess my mental state.You want to have a melt down, go for it I am not going to indulge you or your phoney bullshit with an argument. You ain't worth it.
    @Beanz I wasn’t talking to you at all but you jumped right in and attacked me for my opinion. Why do you think I think you had something to do with those people leaving. That was not what I was implying but since that’s how you took it, well I know how that ends up. You get mad that i suggest a terminally ill politician or judge should step down and in a fit of venom tell me I’m bad and should step down from my job. I’m only @Beanz because you spit your toxic venom at me. Why would I want to talk to you if you flip out from me posting an opinion. Then you fill in all these things I say with weird comments thinking it’s directed at you. I’m not 100% sure the people I mentioned are gone but by your answer I’ll take it they are

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of Nowhere
    Posts
    23,223
    Mentioned
    883 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1102
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Rbg

    1.I am not mad, not at you, not at anybody.
    2.I am not spitting venom.
    3.Its all in your head Wally. You want it to be true in order to justify your own bullshit.
    4. Don't @ mention someone you don't want to speak to. For such a tough guy you sure act like a pussy.
    Hidden Content

    "I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    15,673
    Mentioned
    643 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    656
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Rbg

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    1.I am not mad, not at you, not at anybody.
    2.I am not spitting venom.
    3.Its all in your head Wally. You want it to be true in order to justify your own bullshit.
    4. Don't @ mention someone you don't want to speak to. For such a tough guy you sure act like a pussy.
    Ok beanz whatever it is you are I hope you are ok and can define it someday. If you aren’t mad and this is your normal communication skills you might want to take a look at that. Not everything is about you please don’t interpret it as if it is. As a matter of a fact nothing I write here is about you unless I say @ in response to some of your spite. Chill out dude it’s going to be okay. I’m not going to counter insult you. That game is old and I’m surprised you aren’t tired of it by now. Ok that’s enough of my time wasted on this nonsense go outside and play with your friends

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2020 Saddo Boxing - Boxing