Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  87
Likes Likes:  313
Dislikes Dislikes:  10
Page 57 of 72 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
Results 841 to 855 of 1073

Thread: Today In Biden Land

Share/Bookmark
  1. #841
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    13,157
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1780
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today In Biden Land

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    General Question: What are your biggest criticisms of Biden so far?

    Disclaimer: The above question is aimed mostly at non-Trumpers, who will steer away from answers such as "Biden is a waste of oxygen", or the now en vogue (by one Trumper) "Biden is the best POTUS ever."... and land somewhere in the middle.


    To me, I'd mention the following areas:

    1. The southern border. Whatever Trump was doing... wasn't working. What Biden is doing is working even less. It's obvious we haven't had an effective, workable solution to the migrant problem at the border. 'Nough said.

    2. LGBTQ. In a rush to bend over backwards (excuse the pun) for this high-pressure group... Biden's risking pissing off the rest of mainstream society which... at last count... still makes up the vast majority of the voting public.

    3. In short... Biden seems to be catering/caving to the extremists, and disappointing the moderates who voted for him. Not a good move, IMO.

    The border thing is going to be an ongoing problem. He hasn't done himself any favours but this current wave was building by the month long before he took office and is going to increase as the pandemic subsides. What has he done with the LBTwhateveritis that you don't think is good?

  2. #842
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    23,701
    Mentioned
    511 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1787
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today In Biden Land

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    General Question: What are your biggest criticisms of Biden so far?

    Disclaimer: The above question is aimed mostly at non-Trumpers, who will steer away from answers such as "Biden is a waste of oxygen", or the now en vogue (by one Trumper) "Biden is the best POTUS ever."... and land somewhere in the middle.


    To me, I'd mention the following areas:

    1. The southern border. Whatever Trump was doing... wasn't working. What Biden is doing is working even less. It's obvious we haven't had an effective, workable solution to the migrant problem at the border. 'Nough said.

    2. LGBTQ. In a rush to bend over backwards (excuse the pun) for this high-pressure group... Biden's risking pissing off the rest of mainstream society which... at last count... still makes up the vast majority of the voting public.

    3. In short... Biden seems to be catering/caving to the extremists, and disappointing the moderates who voted for him. Not a good move, IMO.

    The border thing is going to be an ongoing problem. He hasn't done himself any favours but this current wave was building by the month long before he took office and is going to increase as the pandemic subsides. What has he done with the LBTwhateveritis that you don't think is good?

    Fair question. I think a POTUS can champion the rights of LGBTQXYZ not to be discriminated against. Particularly in issues such as jobs, salaries, health, etc. But bending over backward to force changes to centuries-old elementary school children education... or allow trans "female" athletes to compete in women's sports... (to name a couple)... is just wrong. It takes a bit of testicular fortitude to stand up to a special interest group, especially one as powerful and stubborn as the LGBTQXYZ group, and attempt to do what is right for mainstream society. After all, that's where he still gets most of his votes from. I'm heartened by the fact that many States are fighting back... but Biden's four years promise to be hell in that particular arena.

  3. #843
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    16,322
    Mentioned
    673 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    716
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today In Biden Land

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    He’s only been in 100 days. He acted to quickly changing the border stuff but what the hec I’m still hoping he does well. I’m not going to rip him apart at day 100. Sure there are somethings he’s doing I don’t care for but so what. I’m wondering if some of his tax plans are just bad timing with the economy trying to bounce back, raising the capital gains on the higher earners will have an impact on 401k and middle class investors but it’s not like there is anything solid yet. I’ll reserve my judgement it doesn’t really matter much anyway although it gets some people upset. We are all just writing words from thoughts or observations. No one has the market cornered in those that I know of. All we are saying, is give Joe a chance.

    Cutting the corporate tax rate by a third had absolutely fuck all effect when Trump did it a few years ago other than to send corporate profits skyrocketing. Trump cutting the top rate of tax likewise had no effect on economic growth. Why would raising the top rate back where it was have any effect on economic growth?

    Capital gains tax is being increased on people making a million dollars a year. How will this affect 401ks and middle class investors exactly?
    Off fuck I almost could you rushing to respond to a couple passing thoughts. New you would not be able to resist. We don’t know what the hell he is going to do yet, I mentioned it could be a concern didn’t say shit will fall to hell as we have nothing solid pass yet. I had your response almost down perfect, did you hurt a finger typing that, get a little excited. It’s been 100 days dude I want to give him a chance that was the main point. You got some serious shit going on in your head.

  4. #844
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    6,233
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    486
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today In Biden Land

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    General Question: What are your biggest criticisms of Biden so far?

    Disclaimer: The above question is aimed mostly at non-Trumpers, who will steer away from answers such as "Biden is a waste of oxygen", or the now en vogue (by one Trumper) "Biden is the best POTUS ever."... and land somewhere in the middle.


    To me, I'd mention the following areas:

    1. The southern border. Whatever Trump was doing... wasn't working. What Biden is doing is working even less. It's obvious we haven't had an effective, workable solution to the migrant problem at the border. 'Nough said.


    To address/rebut your 1st point:

    1. The southern border comes down to eminent domain. When Obama was accused of not wanting a wall (even though he as Senator voted for it in 2006, along with then Senator(s) Biden & even Clinton)- he continued the effort- but it was presented to right wing hate media as (Obama hates whites so much, he is taking their property via eminent domain)
    Same with Biden- if he doesn't build- he wants unfettered access for illegals.
    If he does continue- well then he is taking land from honest working Americans.


    Going off script- check out the timing of the passage of the bill/law It was 2006.


    https://www.congress.gov/bill/109th-...ouse-bill/6061

    What this meant to me was- Bush Jr. was embattled in every scandal from himself to his administration, a war producing deaths, deficits, the fucked up homosexual scandals(Larry Craig, Mark Foley), the right wing religious leaders (Ted Haggard) getting outted as closet homos, the raping of the stock market via Madoff, deregulating EVERYTHING meant a tsunami midterm was on its way (democrats would win both house & senate)
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...47831720061108

    I quote dubya: "we took a thumping"

    My point/argumemt: Now the dude came into office in 2000, why then did he wait months before the midterm election to start that garbage? Now he wants a border wall in late 2006? and to his dismay- all the lies about Dems dont want it...backfired:

    Illinois
    Yea IL D Obama, Barack

    New York
    Yea NY D Clinton, Hillary
    Yea NY D Schumer, Chuck

    Delaware
    Yea DE D Biden, Joseph

    Taken from: https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/109-2006/s262

    It was known for over 2 decades of talk that the only way to secure the border with a (physical) barrier was to take land from A. Natives B. Business owners C. Personal property D. run it through rivers & lakes.

    When it (making a wall) 1st failed was in the 1990s when Democrat Barbara Jordan presented it- stated jobs would be lost- but during that time border states were ran by republicans...they had no problems with unfettered illegals then. (my bad if you knew this already)
    https://cmsny.org/publications/martin-barbara-jordan/


    2 decades later those illegals are deep in all the states & when Democrats began to cater to the votes of illegals now in their district(s), allowing them to work jobs receive benefits, well NOW America has to do something---and to show how difficult it would be-an amendment came- which eventually became a law.

    Punkass right wing politicians played the (establishment) card on a republican named Hutchinson who fought back with questions- how do you come to the conclusion we needed a wall (alone) to protect the border he asked? Why not add law enforcement or cameras that otherwise takes away land. And terrain? He won & got the Hutchinson Act.

    https://reclaimingthetexasturf.blogs...der-fence.html

    From 2010-2018 Republicans had a partial majority, by 2014 they ran the show in the legislative branch and 2018 they ran
    EVERYTHING- LEGISLATIVE, EXECUTIVE & JUDICIAL BRANCH

    As Ann Coulter stated- without Trumop there would be no chance of a wall- because she was honest enough to state if they wont do it with control of Senate & House, for ( years---it will never occur. She was right.

    And the hypocrisy of the right wingers who bemoaned that eminent domain was horrible, shut their raw-onioned stanked mouth trappers when Donald the Dumb-dumb stated eminent domain was a great thing.

    The purpose of these 2 videos below Tito- is to take you back in time...to see what I saw & heard- so you can understand how I came to this conclusion. Rush is just one person- but with tens of millions of listeners, same with Hannity etc. so when democrats had power- eminent domain was always about BIG government taking away the American dream...then when Donaldict Arnold came along...they all decided to STFU.






    Rush was right. as eminent domain took land from wisconsinites (under Donald) to make foxconn for 13,000 promised jobs that never occurred.

    That was the problem of the border wall (to me).
    The other IMO was the Treaty Of Guadalupe. When they won the war, - a question came- where do these bean eating sombrero wearing fools go?


    Do we want to own their misery? No, so they decided to keep the most fertile part of mexico & give the rest back for them to inhabit...knowing one day- their population would outgrow.
    And while I agree that the President of that day and age had to ensure we did NOT have a potential FOE on the border- meaning they had to have a limited militaty---would eventually allow thugs and nations on the lower 1/2 to penetrate their government.
    So today we insult mexico's leadership as too weak, when in fact they were never allowed to build themselves one. I understand that. But wont forget the reaction to ensuring our red neighbors couldn't overtake us...then add on funding nations during Reagan's era that brought their weapons into Mexico & this is the mess we ended up with.
    So for #1?

    Biden can't do anything. Neither could Trump, Obama or Bush. Our border crisis IMO is like cellulitis that turned to gangrene. Infection can be stopped during celulits phase, not gangrene.
    Last edited by SlimTrae; 04-29-2021 at 10:08 AM.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

  5. #845
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    6,233
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    486
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today In Biden Land

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    General Question: What are your biggest criticisms of Biden so far?

    Disclaimer: The above question is aimed mostly at non-Trumpers, who will steer away from answers such as "Biden is a waste of oxygen", or the now en vogue (by one Trumper) "Biden is the best POTUS ever."... and land somewhere in the middle.


    To me, I'd mention the following areas:

    2. LGBTQ. In a rush to bend over backwards (excuse the pun) for this high-pressure group... Biden's risking pissing off the rest of mainstream society which... at last count... still makes up the vast majority of the voting public.

    3. In short... Biden seems to be catering/caving to the extremists, and disappointing the moderates who voted for him. Not a good move, IMO.

    #2. Gays seem to be large and in charge when it comes to media, entertainment. I mean no offense to anyone here who is gay or lesbian. Respect from me based on context of your character. You have a right to lead a happy life, freedom, housing, employment.
    BUT-YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO TELL EVERYONE WE ALL NEED TO NORMALIZE YOUR LIFESTYLE UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!!!!!

    Little girls, boys, toddlers are being forced to watch same sex kissing on tv shows, in commericials when their brains are NOWHERE near fully developed.
    And to take that to a President? Man, what a damn shame. Biden should say that flat out. My job is to ensure you have the right to prosper, make money, and pursuit of happiness. I am a president , my job is NOT to normalize relations between two sexes. It is to ensure you have that right in the comfort of your home, not mines!


    3.? Not sure where he is caving in. And if he is, one could counter and say it is called working in a bipartisan manner, meaning work with Republican party and whatever factions he has to deal with in his party. He can't make the entire country happy. No president has ever done that.



    my criticism of Joe hhhmmm....same for all POTUS: make it impossible to miss- reach out to Independents, & give back the power to control our currency. To hell with a privatized banking system that turned a beautiful word (interest) into something jack the fuck nasty. Charging interest is about the most vile evil thing to do to a person- IMO outside of molesting a child.

    You got a product? Be it a bank loan, a car, a toaster, charge a price for it and that which allows a person to make a profit. If it costs $250 to make? Charge it $325 a (static) number.
    What demonic, demented soul created the idea that if it costs $250 but takes a year to pay...now it costs $1300?
    what satanic scumbag felt a student loan given to a school with no morals, can charge the student for life? $20,000 loan thanks to interest can cost $60k?

    That can lead to garnishment. IT isnt the loan, it is the word (interest). who felt that shit was needed to make a just society?
    I am not talking about citizens who work at a bank. The system as it is built upon is what I loathe.

    Andrew Jackson kicked their booties. Pased balanced budgets, eliminated the deficit, so, too can Biden.





    Of course the conspiracy theorist in me states - if he tries...watch some lone killer take his life. No one else helped him, just a lone nut job can get close to the so-called most powerful leader on earth.
    Last edited by SlimTrae; 04-29-2021 at 11:12 AM.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

  6. #846
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    23,701
    Mentioned
    511 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1787
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today In Biden Land

    Couldn't agree more on #2.

    #3... the reason I think he's caving is precisely because he's trying to please all of America, which as you well said, is impossible. You're always going to make someone very unhappy with your decisions. But Joe has always seemed to represent that portion of the Democratic Party which is more moderate. Moderates, after all, are more likely to be able to reach out across the aisle... in reference to your mention of bipartisanship. I'm all for bipartisanship. It's the only true way to get things done in the country, with a majority of public approval. But you get these leftist extremists who are only too willing to rake Joe over the coals if he doesn't for example completely throw the southern border doors open for all to come to America. Those who say he hasn't gone far enough in climate change and gun control issues... and will never be happy no matter how much he tries to appease them. IMO, at some point he's going to have to show some "cojones" and stand up to those who have extremist agendas and aren't interested in compromises or bipartisanship. And I'm not sure he'll be up to the task.

  7. #847
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    41,646
    Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4858
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today In Biden Land

    Sounds odd but one of the more notable things about the Address to Congress last night that stood out...he didn't pause or applaud himself a single time . I do not miss elected officials extending the ring and stroking themselves continually. Seems that most of the criticism this AM was focused on the esthetics and how 'low key' underwhelming it was . We're so dumbed down to expect a spectator live reality show in our politics now. Just do your job and STFU. Goes for all of them. The proposed spending is an eye opener or should be regardless of where you stand. Then again the fact there is actual ground and want for debate on an actual issue is what we need. Basically you make over 400k annual prepare to be taxed as well as emphasis on Corporate taxes. The child tax credit is just wow. 3.6K per child under 6 now? Hey I don't hate the childrens but can a dude get a buck fifty for his cat if we're throwing around money like that . And not clear on this additional 4 yrs of education for all. Additional how? Paid for by..? 12 weeks paid medical leave. Not clear if for pregnancy or maybe I missed it?! Boring Government is good...Big Government is not good. Biden like Trump exaggerated to "new jobs" created but I think the reality is a good portion of those may be returning to job numbers. But it is going in the right direction and that's what matters. A couple of these plans need real unpacking but American jobs plan with focus on infrastructure, decrepit power grids and internet waste lands is long overdue. He actually took some shots at China linking solar, wind energy parts production with proposals and actions in Hong Kong etc. Needed much more focus on boarder build up for sure but I do think just a bit of that was overblown. He blew a mark to get ahead of it a bit and stare it in the eye. It'll all come out in the wash as will the truths. I don't see any OMG he had a gaff 30 second clips floating around and all in all he came off straight up.
    Last edited by Spicoli; 04-29-2021 at 11:51 PM.

  8. #848
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    41,646
    Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4858
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today In Biden Land

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Couldn't agree more on #2.

    #3... the reason I think he's caving is precisely because he's trying to please all of America, which as you well said, is impossible. You're always going to make someone very unhappy with your decisions. But Joe has always seemed to represent that portion of the Democratic Party which is more moderate. Moderates, after all, are more likely to be able to reach out across the aisle... in reference to your mention of bipartisanship. I'm all for bipartisanship. It's the only true way to get things done in the country, with a majority of public approval. But you get these leftist extremists who are only too willing to rake Joe over the coals if he doesn't for example completely throw the southern border doors open for all to come to America. Those who say he hasn't gone far enough in climate change and gun control issues... and will never be happy no matter how much he tries to appease them. IMO, at some point he's going to have to show some "cojones" and stand up to those who have extremist agendas and aren't interested in compromises or bipartisanship. And I'm not sure he'll be up to the task.
    I don't think it's so much cojones or not but more coming at these people low key. I'm not sure some 'extremist' on either side honestly know how-when to approach a guy who literally does not hesitate to tune them out not overly react and plows ahead. I mean shat he has AOC singing his praises earlier in the week. Would seem at least for the moment she and far off wackadoodles the ones doing the caving. Meeting in or around the middle is not impossible and doing so isn't always suggestive of that one is kowtowing to pressure. But yeh it's politics..there is always a work in motion. Always!

  9. #849
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    23,701
    Mentioned
    511 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1787
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today In Biden Land

    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Couldn't agree more on #2.

    #3... the reason I think he's caving is precisely because he's trying to please all of America, which as you well said, is impossible. You're always going to make someone very unhappy with your decisions. But Joe has always seemed to represent that portion of the Democratic Party which is more moderate. Moderates, after all, are more likely to be able to reach out across the aisle... in reference to your mention of bipartisanship. I'm all for bipartisanship. It's the only true way to get things done in the country, with a majority of public approval. But you get these leftist extremists who are only too willing to rake Joe over the coals if he doesn't for example completely throw the southern border doors open for all to come to America. Those who say he hasn't gone far enough in climate change and gun control issues... and will never be happy no matter how much he tries to appease them. IMO, at some point he's going to have to show some "cojones" and stand up to those who have extremist agendas and aren't interested in compromises or bipartisanship. And I'm not sure he'll be up to the task.
    I don't think it's so much cojones or not but more coming at these people low key. I'm not sure some 'extremist' on either side honestly know how-when to approach a guy who literally does not hesitate to tune them out not overly react and plows ahead. I mean shat he has AOC singing his praises earlier in the week. Would seem at least for the moment she and far off wackadoodles the ones doing the caving. Meeting in or around the middle is not impossible and doing so isn't always suggestive of that one is kowtowing to pressure. But yeh it's politics..there is always a work in motion. Always!

    AOC singing his praises?? Ok, I'm definitely behind in the news. Last I heard of AOC she was one of the ones yanking on Biden's coattails telling him he hadn't done enough... not gone far enough.

    I guess I got so burned out on pre-election and post-"stolen election" news 24/7... that I've sort of tuned out news for the time being.

    Still... I'd have to think even just a small portion of Biden's brain isn't all that thrilled about the all-out agenda being pushed by the LGBTQetc lobby. Yet there he is... catering to their every whim as if the elections were next week, and tens of millions of votes were on the balance.

    I don't know how much "low key" would work in this particular area... but admittedly, a show of "cojones" probably would get him exactly NOWHERE.

    I'm just glad it's his job instead of mine.

  10. #850
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    41,646
    Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4858
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today In Biden Land

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Couldn't agree more on #2.

    #3... the reason I think he's caving is precisely because he's trying to please all of America, which as you well said, is impossible. You're always going to make someone very unhappy with your decisions. But Joe has always seemed to represent that portion of the Democratic Party which is more moderate. Moderates, after all, are more likely to be able to reach out across the aisle... in reference to your mention of bipartisanship. I'm all for bipartisanship. It's the only true way to get things done in the country, with a majority of public approval. But you get these leftist extremists who are only too willing to rake Joe over the coals if he doesn't for example completely throw the southern border doors open for all to come to America. Those who say he hasn't gone far enough in climate change and gun control issues... and will never be happy no matter how much he tries to appease them. IMO, at some point he's going to have to show some "cojones" and stand up to those who have extremist agendas and aren't interested in compromises or bipartisanship. And I'm not sure he'll be up to the task.
    I don't think it's so much cojones or not but more coming at these people low key. I'm not sure some 'extremist' on either side honestly know how-when to approach a guy who literally does not hesitate to tune them out not overly react and plows ahead. I mean shat he has AOC singing his praises earlier in the week. Would seem at least for the moment she and far off wackadoodles the ones doing the caving. Meeting in or around the middle is not impossible and doing so isn't always suggestive of that one is kowtowing to pressure. But yeh it's politics..there is always a work in motion. Always!

    AOC singing his praises?? Ok, I'm definitely behind in the news. Last I heard of AOC she was one of the ones yanking on Biden's coattails telling him he hadn't done enough... not gone far enough.

    I guess I got so burned out on pre-election and post-"stolen election" news 24/7... that I've sort of tuned out news for the time being.

    Still... I'd have to think even just a small portion of Biden's brain isn't all that thrilled about the all-out agenda being pushed by the LGBTQetc lobby. Yet there he is... catering to their every whim as if the elections were next week, and tens of millions of votes were on the balance.

    I don't know how much "low key" would work in this particular area... but admittedly, a show of "cojones" probably would get him exactly NOWHERE.

    I'm just glad it's his job instead of mine.
    True that and the stolen election charade goes on. Take a look what is happening in Arizona. I don't have a link but it's straight out of some cloak & dagger Scooby Doo mystery hour. "Audits" held in a closed off warehouse, zero media or over watch and conducting buy some obscure group called..not making it up..Internet Ninjas . Crazy. Seems like yesterday that shielding official ballot recounts or audits etc qualified as 'fraud'. How times change. I was actually glad he withdrew Trumps initiative for Federal and DOJ interference in State affairs regarding gender equality in sports etc. It was another Government overreach and issues that should be sorted per State. There are what, a dozen States who have anti LGBTQ and trans proposals around sports education on the books and that is going to have to sort itself out. Florida of course leading the way in WTF by trying to make it required that they would literally do genital 'inspections' on children suspected of being trans. Genital inspections ffs. Do believe that was just sports but knowing DeSantis who the fark knows. Thankfully that's been dropped but they think it qualifies as compromise. I'd call it sanity maybe.
    Last edited by Spicoli; 04-30-2021 at 12:40 AM.

  11. #851
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    23,701
    Mentioned
    511 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1787
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today In Biden Land

    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Couldn't agree more on #2.

    #3... the reason I think he's caving is precisely because he's trying to please all of America, which as you well said, is impossible. You're always going to make someone very unhappy with your decisions. But Joe has always seemed to represent that portion of the Democratic Party which is more moderate. Moderates, after all, are more likely to be able to reach out across the aisle... in reference to your mention of bipartisanship. I'm all for bipartisanship. It's the only true way to get things done in the country, with a majority of public approval. But you get these leftist extremists who are only too willing to rake Joe over the coals if he doesn't for example completely throw the southern border doors open for all to come to America. Those who say he hasn't gone far enough in climate change and gun control issues... and will never be happy no matter how much he tries to appease them. IMO, at some point he's going to have to show some "cojones" and stand up to those who have extremist agendas and aren't interested in compromises or bipartisanship. And I'm not sure he'll be up to the task.
    I don't think it's so much cojones or not but more coming at these people low key. I'm not sure some 'extremist' on either side honestly know how-when to approach a guy who literally does not hesitate to tune them out not overly react and plows ahead. I mean shat he has AOC singing his praises earlier in the week. Would seem at least for the moment she and far off wackadoodles the ones doing the caving. Meeting in or around the middle is not impossible and doing so isn't always suggestive of that one is kowtowing to pressure. But yeh it's politics..there is always a work in motion. Always!

    AOC singing his praises?? Ok, I'm definitely behind in the news. Last I heard of AOC she was one of the ones yanking on Biden's coattails telling him he hadn't done enough... not gone far enough.

    I guess I got so burned out on pre-election and post-"stolen election" news 24/7... that I've sort of tuned out news for the time being.

    Still... I'd have to think even just a small portion of Biden's brain isn't all that thrilled about the all-out agenda being pushed by the LGBTQetc lobby. Yet there he is... catering to their every whim as if the elections were next week, and tens of millions of votes were on the balance.

    I don't know how much "low key" would work in this particular area... but admittedly, a show of "cojones" probably would get him exactly NOWHERE.

    I'm just glad it's his job instead of mine.
    True that and the stolen election charade goes on. Take a look what is happening in Arizona. I don't have a link but it's straight out of some cloak & dagger Scooby Doo mystery hour. "Audits" held in a closed off warehouse, zero media or over watch and conducting buy some obscure group called..not making it up..Internet Ninjas . Crazy. Seems like yesterday that shielding official ballot recounts or audits etc qualified as 'fraud'. How times change. I was actually glad he withdrew Trumps initiative for Federal and DOJ interference in State affairs regarding gender equality in sports etc. It was another Government overreach and issues that should be sorted per State. There are what, a dozen States who have anti LGBTQ and trans proposals around sports education on the books and that is going to have to sort itself out. Florida of course leading the way in WTF by trying to make it required that they would literally do genital 'inspections' on children suspected of being trans. Genital inspections ffs. Do believe that was just sports but knowing DeSantis who the fark knows. Thankfully that's been dropped but they think it qualifies as compromise. I'd call it sanity maybe.

    Ok correct me if I'm wrong but................

    Didn't Biden get 306 electoral votes to win the election?

    Isn't that 36 votes over what he needed to win the election? And Arizona constitutes what... 11 votes? So............ I mean, like..... what are we doing here? Don't they need another two or three "Arizonas" in order to somehow pull off this 11th hour (scratch that)..... 3-month late monumentally fake and illegal reversal?

    Isn't there some sort of statute of limitations where it would be declared foolish (not to mention expensive and distracting) to still be doing this a year or two from now?

    Damn... I thought that horse had been beaten to death... ground into horsemeat... fed to sled dogs... shat out on some tundra... and sprouted some weeds for other horses to feed from.

    I can imagine frigging Donny in a nursing home someday... pestering anyone within earshot about having the election stolen from him. And sure enough... he's bound to have the ear of some resident old farts with faded MAGA hats... drooling and nodding in agreement.


    As far as the LGBTQetc mess..... it's anyone's guess. I just wish that, like every other movement there's ever been... that they would limit themselves to the rights every human being is entitled to and leave it at that... rather than push wholesale, radical changes on mainstream society, which at some point just wants to be left the f*ck alone.

  12. #852
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    13,157
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1780
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today In Biden Land

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    General Question: What are your biggest criticisms of Biden so far?

    Disclaimer: The above question is aimed mostly at non-Trumpers, who will steer away from answers such as "Biden is a waste of oxygen", or the now en vogue (by one Trumper) "Biden is the best POTUS ever."... and land somewhere in the middle.


    To me, I'd mention the following areas:

    1. The southern border. Whatever Trump was doing... wasn't working. What Biden is doing is working even less. It's obvious we haven't had an effective, workable solution to the migrant problem at the border. 'Nough said.

    2. LGBTQ. In a rush to bend over backwards (excuse the pun) for this high-pressure group... Biden's risking pissing off the rest of mainstream society which... at last count... still makes up the vast majority of the voting public.

    3. In short... Biden seems to be catering/caving to the extremists, and disappointing the moderates who voted for him. Not a good move, IMO.

    The border thing is going to be an ongoing problem. He hasn't done himself any favours but this current wave was building by the month long before he took office and is going to increase as the pandemic subsides. What has he done with the LBTwhateveritis that you don't think is good?

    Fair question. I think a POTUS can champion the rights of LGBTQXYZ not to be discriminated against. Particularly in issues such as jobs, salaries, health, etc. But bending over backward to force changes to centuries-old elementary school children education... or allow trans "female" athletes to compete in women's sports... (to name a couple)... is just wrong. It takes a bit of testicular fortitude to stand up to a special interest group, especially one as powerful and stubborn as the LGBTQXYZ group, and attempt to do what is right for mainstream society. After all, that's where he still gets most of his votes from. I'm heartened by the fact that many States are fighting back... but Biden's four years promise to be hell in that particular arena.

    As far as I know the federal government don't have any say in what the states teach in their classrooms. I think any alphabet stuff is down to the individual states. The feds just don't allow any minority to be discriminated against. That would have been the same under Trump too no?

    And the transgender sports stuff. Turns out even Trumpy GOP governors have reasons to block bans on it even to the point of angering the herrenvolk:

    https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021...-ban-veto.html


    So long as Biden stays doing stuff which has broad popular support like preventing discrimination against various groups then he's not going to take too much damage from this. The GOP are stuck with mining little seams of issues like the women's sports thing which has limited appeal outside of their base.

  13. #853
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    13,157
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1780
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today In Biden Land

    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    He’s only been in 100 days. He acted to quickly changing the border stuff but what the hec I’m still hoping he does well. I’m not going to rip him apart at day 100. Sure there are somethings he’s doing I don’t care for but so what. I’m wondering if some of his tax plans are just bad timing with the economy trying to bounce back, raising the capital gains on the higher earners will have an impact on 401k and middle class investors but it’s not like there is anything solid yet. I’ll reserve my judgement it doesn’t really matter much anyway although it gets some people upset. We are all just writing words from thoughts or observations. No one has the market cornered in those that I know of. All we are saying, is give Joe a chance.

    Cutting the corporate tax rate by a third had absolutely fuck all effect when Trump did it a few years ago other than to send corporate profits skyrocketing. Trump cutting the top rate of tax likewise had no effect on economic growth. Why would raising the top rate back where it was have any effect on economic growth?

    Capital gains tax is being increased on people making a million dollars a year. How will this affect 401ks and middle class investors exactly?
    Off fuck I almost could you rushing to respond to a couple passing thoughts. New you would not be able to resist. We don’t know what the hell he is going to do yet, I mentioned it could be a concern didn’t say shit will fall to hell as we have nothing solid pass yet. I had your response almost down perfect, did you hurt a finger typing that, get a little excited. It’s been 100 days dude I want to give him a chance that was the main point. You got some serious shit going on in your head.

    I had your response down entirely accurately. I knew that as soon as you were asked to produce facts and evidence to back up the claims you were making that you'd bullshit and bluster and come to the conclusion that it's really my fault you're coming out with all this bullshit. It's nice to see you being so open minded about Biden though. Well done for that.

  14. #854
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    13,157
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1780
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today In Biden Land

    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Sounds odd but one of the more notable things about the Address to Congress last night that stood out...he didn't pause or applaud himself a single time . I do not miss elected officials extending the ring and stroking themselves continually. Seems that most of the criticism this AM was focused on the esthetics and how 'low key' underwhelming it was . We're so dumbed down to expect a spectator live reality show in our politics now. Just do your job and STFU. Goes for all of them. The proposed spending is an eye opener or should be regardless of where you stand. Then again the fact there is actual ground and want for debate on an actual issue is what we need. Basically you make over 400k annual prepare to be taxed as well as emphasis on Corporate taxes. The child tax credit is just wow. 3.6K per child under 6 now? Hey I don't hate the childrens but can a dude get a buck fifty for his cat if we're throwing around money like that . And not clear on this additional 4 yrs of education for all. Additional how? Paid for by..? 12 weeks paid medical leave. Not clear if for pregnancy or maybe I missed it?! Boring Government is good...Big Government is not good. Biden like Trump exaggerated to "new jobs" created but I think the reality is a good portion of those may be returning to job numbers. But it is going in the right direction and that's what matters. A couple of these plans need real unpacking but American jobs plan with focus on infrastructure, decrepit power grids and internet waste lands is long overdue. He actually took some shots at China linking solar, wind energy parts production with proposals and actions in Hong Kong etc. Needed much more focus on boarder build up for sure but I do think just a bit of that was overblown. He blew a mark to get ahead of it a bit and stare it in the eye. It'll all come out in the wash as will the truths. I don't see any OMG he had a gaff 30 second clips floating around and all in all he came off straight up.

    Not many Joe is senile claims being made this morning probably. Nice, low key, understated sounds just about what most people want after the last four years. In addition to all the spending you outlined he's also going to increase funding for the IRS to the level it was at before Trump started slashing it which will allow them to go after wealthy tax dodgers. Regardless of any new taxes if the IRS just managed to enforce current tax law on nonpayers they'd bring in an extra $700 billion a year whicch would cover all the new ongoing spending and still leave change over. I don't think it's asking too much to ask people earning four hundred thousand a year to pay the same rate they were paying ten years ago. And asking people who work in the financial industry and people who have inherited vast sums and have huge investment income to pay what they were paying in the fifties and sixties back when America was great. Same with corporations who paid a third of the nation's tax revenues in the fifties and now pay nine percent.

    I'm wondering exactly what happens with China too. China policy changes every president it seems while the Chinese can plan for the long term. What's going to happen economically is pretty difficult to alter all that much with policy. My main worry is some future idiot starting some kind of military conflict with them.

  15. #855
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    13,157
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1780
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Today In Biden Land

    The Arizona thing is nuts. This is like the third audit of the original audit. Even GOP politicians in the state didn't want it but got deluged with death threats and have shut up and let it happen. And it's some nut associated with Lin Wood and Sidney whatshername who owns the company doing the audit. He's a patriot and a good Christian apparently.

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ns/ar-BB1gbUys


    Like the article says this undermines trust in future elections. It doesn't matter how many electoral votes Arizona have. If these crazy kids come up with any kind of tendentious bullshit Fox and the rest of conservative media will turn it up to eleven and Trump will be at the centre of it demanding the ninjas run future presidential election counts and demanding they get to look at votes in Michigan, Wisconsin, Georgia etc etc. It will seriously damage the American democratic system. The GOP is just becoming more and more authoritarian and antidemocratic. Maybe I don't have to worry about different presidents changing China policy every few years,

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Why would Biden want to be POTUS anyway??
    By TitoFan in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 11-10-2020, 11:27 AM
  2. Nigel Farage vs Joe Biden
    By brocktonblockbust in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-28-2015, 03:17 AM

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2020 Saddo Boxing - Boxing