Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 21 of 21

Thread: Josh Taylor - 140 or 147?

Share/Bookmark
  1. #16
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    2,592
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    161
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Josh Taylor - 140 or 147?

    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    he needs to rematch regis
    Why go back? He has some potentially big fights ahead of him and should be looking forward for new challenges.

    Let Regis earn the rematch.
    regis is not a going backwards fight
    No, it’s not a backwards fight. But it’s a “Been there, done that, move on “ fight. And with the amount of possible opponents he’s got, he doesn’t need rematches.
    Prograis is a very good fighter, he needs to make his own path and if they meet each other down the line, fine. But he doesn’t NEED to fight Prograis.
    he needs to rematch regis. that would be the first fight i'd plot after jack
    Prograis NEEDS Taylor. Taylor doesn’t NEED Prograis. If you were Josh Taylor, would you chase Prograis or Terence Crawford?
    if i was josh i would rematch regis next in america
    Why?
    because it was a tough close fight & he travelled so i'd like to do the same for him
    Apply shame. Apply fame. The crook and the flail.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    60,180
    Mentioned
    1601 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2846
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Josh Taylor - 140 or 147?

    Regis Prograis has done nothing to earn a rematch since he lost to Josh Taylor. Two wins against low level opponents is not enough.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    6,796
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    544
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Josh Taylor - 140 or 147?

    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    he needs to rematch regis
    Why go back? He has some potentially big fights ahead of him and should be looking forward for new challenges.

    Let Regis earn the rematch.
    regis is not a going backwards fight
    No, it’s not a backwards fight. But it’s a “Been there, done that, move on “ fight. And with the amount of possible opponents he’s got, he doesn’t need rematches.
    Prograis is a very good fighter, he needs to make his own path and if they meet each other down the line, fine. But he doesn’t NEED to fight Prograis.
    he needs to rematch regis. that would be the first fight i'd plot after jack
    Prograis NEEDS Taylor. Taylor doesn’t NEED Prograis. If you were Josh Taylor, would you chase Prograis or Terence Crawford?
    if i was josh i would rematch regis next in america
    Why?
    because it was a tough close fight & he travelled so i'd like to do the same for him
    He knew the deal at the start of the tournament . It is what it is. Life’s a bitch sometimes , but hey ho.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    2,592
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    161
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Josh Taylor - 140 or 147?

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Regis Prograis has done nothing to earn a rematch since he lost to Josh Taylor. Two wins against low level opponents is not enough.
    the fight with josh was enough to warrant a rematch
    Apply shame. Apply fame. The crook and the flail.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    2,592
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    161
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Josh Taylor - 140 or 147?

    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    he needs to rematch regis
    Why go back? He has some potentially big fights ahead of him and should be looking forward for new challenges.

    Let Regis earn the rematch.
    regis is not a going backwards fight
    No, it’s not a backwards fight. But it’s a “Been there, done that, move on “ fight. And with the amount of possible opponents he’s got, he doesn’t need rematches.
    Prograis is a very good fighter, he needs to make his own path and if they meet each other down the line, fine. But he doesn’t NEED to fight Prograis.
    he needs to rematch regis. that would be the first fight i'd plot after jack
    Prograis NEEDS Taylor. Taylor doesn’t NEED Prograis. If you were Josh Taylor, would you chase Prograis or Terence Crawford?
    if i was josh i would rematch regis next in america
    Why?
    because it was a tough close fight & he travelled so i'd like to do the same for him
    He knew the deal at the start of the tournament . It is what it is. Life’s a bitch sometimes , but hey ho.
    what do you mean by he knew the deal at the start of the tournament?
    Apply shame. Apply fame. The crook and the flail.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    41,768
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4864
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Josh Taylor - 140 or 147?

    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Regis Prograis has done nothing to earn a rematch since he lost to Josh Taylor. Two wins against low level opponents is not enough.
    the fight with josh was enough to warrant a rematch
    Have nothing but respect for Prograis, real local dude and very talented. In a way he's being screwed over now as Dazn is laying it out for Mikey Garcia to make millions vs a gimme instead of Prograis.

    At the same time a guy has to keep pace with roads already traveled. In the ring being active not so much twatter wars. Prograis v Taylor great scrap, close and Taylor proving just a notch above. But that was two years ago and Regis has literally been an afterthought undercard fighter since unfortunately. Worse yet one of those was some clown show with Jake flippin Paul. Taylor has unified the division and was immediately in the chatter of fighting fellow top rank p4p Crawford. It's clear as day his future in in front of him not needing a guy who maybe managed to run close but has sat on the bench since. Lot of this is on the fighter too. Rattle some cages, dispute promotion and demand a relevant top billing..aka go forward. That's on him.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Josh Taylor v Jack Catterall
    By Master in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-22-2021, 03:00 PM
  2. Josh Taylor signs with Top Rank
    By smashup in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 02-01-2020, 12:09 PM
  3. Josh Taylor
    By Master in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-31-2019, 05:40 AM
  4. Josh Taylor v Ivan Baranchyk
    By Master in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-17-2019, 08:45 AM
  5. Josh Taylor v Winston Campos - 3/3/18
    By smashup in forum Fight Threads
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-06-2018, 03:53 AM

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2020 Saddo Boxing - Boxing