Seems like a growing M.O. in boxing lately.
1. Young, handsome kid who the media takes a liking to. If he speaks English, so much the better.
2. Anoint him as the next coming of (fill in the blank with some ATG).
3. Give him crowns... call him King... and encourage his wanting to fight exhibitions after 10 pro fights against veteran, aging ATGs.
4. Excuse his avoiding tough, dangerous competition... lest he suffer an early KO loss and derail the plans. Remember... it's all about that "0". No matter how bloated or artificial it is.
5. Begin p4p talk. Never mind the hundreds of other boxers who are coming up the hard way and have earned whatever ranking they have. They're not anointed.
6. Put him under GBP. DLH may have given up fishnet stockings... but he's had ample practice creating divas from the get-go.
7. Get him WBC protection. Go see the Godfather (Sulaiman).
8. Make him Instagram king. Gotta appeal to all the casuals who wouldn't know how to spell Joe Louis and instead call him Joe Lewis.
9. Begin talking Hollywood. (Hey... it's never too early).