Boxing Forums



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Haney vacates RING championship

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    4,947
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    553
    Cool Clicks

    Default Haney vacates RING championship

    Absolutely fantastic news. The Ring, since Oscar bought it and ESPNs P4P lists are blatantly racist. Have been for years. And it’s good to see fighters calling them out.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    62,339
    Mentioned
    1629 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2927
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Haney vacates RING championship

    Tyson Fury dropped the belt too. It was a prestigious belt with history but the IBO is worth more now. Sad times.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    4,817
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    246
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Haney vacates RING championship

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Absolutely fantastic news. The Ring, since Oscar bought it and ESPNs P4P lists are blatantly racist. Have been for years. And it’s good to see fighters calling them out.
    has the ring confirmed that devin has vacated? devin saying he doesn't want the belt has no bearing on the ring's reasons a fighter can lose their belt. the ring accepted tyson vacating because he confirmed his retirement to them & willing vacated. a champion retires is one of the seven situations a champion can lose their belt according to the ring. can you expand on how the ring's & espn's pound for pound lists are blatantly racist & what race they are racist against? pound for pound lists are just subjective, just opinions. i'm not sure about espn but i think the ring has a panel, they probably all have their say & come to some kind of compromised list. yuriorkis, jorge, jojo & george is still a work in progress
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

    Titofan:

    The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

    Also Titofan:

    GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

    Hidden Content

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    4,817
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    246
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Haney vacates RING championship

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Tyson Fury dropped the belt too. It was a prestigious belt with history but the IBO is worth more now. Sad times.
    the ring accepted tyson vacating because he confirmed his retirement to them & willing vacated. a champion retires is one of the seven situations a champion can lose their belt according to the ring
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

    Titofan:

    The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

    Also Titofan:

    GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

    Hidden Content

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    62,339
    Mentioned
    1629 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2927
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Haney vacates RING championship

    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Tyson Fury dropped the belt too. It was a prestigious belt with history but the IBO is worth more now. Sad times.
    the ring accepted tyson vacating because he confirmed his retirement to them & willing vacated. a champion retires is one of the seven situations a champion can lose their belt according to the ring
    Fury is not really retired and if he was he would have given up his WBC belt too. The Ring belt is worthless to him.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    4,817
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    246
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Haney vacates RING championship

    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Tyson Fury dropped the belt too. It was a prestigious belt with history but the IBO is worth more now. Sad times.
    the ring accepted tyson vacating because he confirmed his retirement to them & willing vacated. a champion retires is one of the seven situations a champion can lose their belt according to the ring
    Fury is not really retired and if he was he would have given up his WBC belt too. The Ring belt is worthless to him.
    tyson confirmed to the ring that he was retired & willing vacated, that's why the vacant belt was on the line for oleksandr v aj. tyson may have kept the wbc belt for other reasons & the ring belt may be worthless to him but that has no bearing on why the ring followed their process
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

    Titofan:

    The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

    Also Titofan:

    GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

    Hidden Content

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    43,420
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4942
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Haney vacates RING championship

    Literally playing out in real time "I know you are but what am I" with Ring and Haney. Boxing is weird right now. In under 8,9 years it's gone from trinkets and revolving belts being called out live on their bias and corruption on premier networks and the Ring title being the only one introduced on hbo...to now where we shine the belts up for the fighters like they belong to us personally . Look, as said p4p is all subjective and a clusterfuck of 90-day expiration dates now. It's a fashion show. Haney not in 10 could be more to do with quality of comp rather than being able to cover himself in belts like a Christmas tree. Shine big against Kambosos and he'll be there next but he's in a tough spot. Human nature is to slag him if it's another dominate distance fight. I just wish the young dudes flourishing now would dedicate as much time to real negotiations and swiping big scalps in the ring as they do on silly shit out of it.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    5,416
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    675
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Haney vacates RING championship

    Why did the Ring need a belt anyway? Wasn't it enough that they were the recorders of the history?
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

    Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    43,420
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    4942
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Haney vacates RING championship

    Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    Why did the Ring need a belt anyway? Wasn't it enough that they were the recorders of the history?
    It's not an 'official' over regulated belt more an honorary belt that's been awarded for literally 100 years this year. Senior to every other belt today. The historical aspect was actually respected by fighters. Unlike the sanctioning alphabet boyz they don't dock fighters per fight fees or basically charge a monetary rate for a fighter to call themselves their champion. The Ring belt was THE belt and often tied to lineal. The man who beat the man etc. Things got blurry once Golden Boy became involved with partial purchase on the Ring and then getting rid of some respected members of their board and operations. Now we have guys celebrating a "four belt era" when all it is really is just collecting for costume jewelry.

    Personally my BS point on most P4P rankings was when they ranked Broner #5

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,892
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    897
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Haney vacates RING championship

    Former P4P fighters and HOF should own the Ring and decide the top P4P fighters of today.

    Sugar Ray Leonard
    Roy Jones Jr
    Floyd Mayweather
    Andre Ward

    The fact that Haney or Charlo are not on there is a disgrace especially when Lopez schooled Loma!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    4,817
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    246
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Haney vacates RING championship

    Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Former P4P fighters and HOF should own the Ring and decide the top P4P fighters of today.

    Sugar Ray Leonard
    Roy Jones Jr
    Floyd Mayweather
    Andre Ward

    The fact that Haney or Charlo are not on there is a disgrace especially when Lopez schooled Loma!
    they could make their own list or publication. i don't think devin has done enough yet. jermell is on the rings list, are you talking about jermall?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

    Titofan:

    The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

    Also Titofan:

    GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

    Hidden Content

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    13,524
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1848
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Haney vacates RING championship

    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Literally playing out in real time "I know you are but what am I" with Ring and Haney. Boxing is weird right now. In under 8,9 years it's gone from trinkets and revolving belts being called out live on their bias and corruption on premier networks and the Ring title being the only one introduced on hbo...to now where we shine the belts up for the fighters like they belong to us personally . Look, as said p4p is all subjective and a clusterfuck of 90-day expiration dates now. It's a fashion show. Haney not in 10 could be more to do with quality of comp rather than being able to cover himself in belts like a Christmas tree. Shine big against Kambosos and he'll be there next but he's in a tough spot. Human nature is to slag him if it's another dominate distance fight. I just wish the young dudes flourishing now would dedicate as much time to real negotiations and swiping big scalps in the ring as they do on silly shit out of it.
    It's just posturing isn't it. This is boxing in the social media age. He's creating his own brand like Ryan Garcia or any of the rest of them. He won a belt which just about puts him on the Ring radar. Then he has a massive away win against the man who beat the man who beat the man. It's a massive win but without looking into it I'm guessing Ring people have a whole rulebook about this and they're just following their own rules. If he keeps winning I'm sure he'll get on their list but he's obviously more interested in brand building and brand awareness anyway.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    4,817
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    246
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Haney vacates RING championship

    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

    Titofan:

    The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

    Also Titofan:

    GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

    Hidden Content

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    62,339
    Mentioned
    1629 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2927
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Haney vacates RING championship

    DEVIN HANEY is “boycotting” his Ring Magazine belt after being snubbed from their top ten pound-for-pound rankings.

    The 23-year-old is boxing’s undisputed lightweight champion after beating George Kambosos Jr via unanimous decision back in June.

    Now the American will make the first defence of his crown in a rematch against Aussie on October 15 in Melbourne.

    Haney (28-0, 15 KOs) was dominant throughout the first clash in front of over 40,000 fans at Marvel Stadium to claim the four major titles and The Ring championship.

    However, despite his impressive victory, he was still overlooked by Ring Magazine when just weeks later they revealed their latest P4P rankings.

    And it seems that Haney is holding a grudge, as he posed before his upcoming bout with his collection of championships - all except for The Ring one.

    TalkSport’s Michael Benson shared a photo online and tweeted: “Devin Haney boycotting the Ring Magazine belt ahead of the George Kambosos Jr rematch after he did not feature in their pound-for-pound top ten…”

    Ahead of the rematch, Haney: “George Kambosos is quiet right now like he should have been before our first fight. I wish him a healthy training camp.

    “I’m expecting a hungry and determined Kambosos on October 16th in Melbourne.

    “I will be prepared for any adjustment he brings.

    “This is a great opportunity to gain more Aussie fans and add to my legacy.”

    Meanwhile, Kambosos (20-1, 10 KOs) was remaining tight-lipped, saying: “I am looking forward to October 16th at Rod Laver Arena, and that’s where I will do my talking. Inside the ring.”

    https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/20097...-p4p-rankings/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    4,817
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    246
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Haney vacates RING championship

    the ring belt is on the line anyway
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

    Titofan:

    The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

    Also Titofan:

    GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

    Hidden Content

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. No one wants Haney..
    By imp in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-10-2022, 08:55 AM
  2. If you’re Haney, who do you want?
    By Ron Swanson in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 06-12-2022, 12:06 PM
  3. Devin Haney, what do you think?
    By Ron Swanson in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-01-2019, 12:49 AM
  4. Devin Haney..
    By imp in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-14-2018, 05:55 PM
  5. The Ring Championship Updates
    By Galaxy in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-06-2012, 05:27 PM

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Forum | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2022 Saddo Boxing - Boxing