Boxing Forums



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  68
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
Results 181 to 186 of 186

Thread: Canelo Álvarez v Jermell Charlo September Thirtieth

Share/Bookmark
  1. #181
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    8,576
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    349
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Canelo Álvarez v Jermell Charlo September Thirtieth

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    i also thought ggg was robbed in the first fight & i had canelo as the underdog entering the first & second fight, which made his win in the second fight that much more impressive to me. it was also a really good fight. my signature just highlights you making up a fact & then contradicting it. if you hadn't of used the word fact or admitted it wasn't a fact i wouldn't have an issue with your statement. most modern fighters chase belts these days & have since the multiple sanctioning bodies introduced all these belts. the times have definitely changed. as for king ry can you blame him or his team for the aggressive marketing? it worked, the tank v king ry fight is one of the biggest pay per views in recent times. king ry may be more interested in posing for instagram than he is in the grind of boxing, he did get in the ring with tank though, he fought the very talented luke campbell & he's coming back after the tank fight against a big punching, rugged fighter next. i could see your point if you were pushing the same perception with guys like jaime munguia or zurdo ramirez & there are others, tank hasn't fought a murderers row himself

    My statement stands, and most everyone would agree with me. Saying GGG has fought all his career at MW, and having you dredge up one fight at 163, which isn't even the next division up... doesn't invalidate the spirit of what I was accurately stating. I don't pick on nitpicky details just to win an argument. So my statement still stands. Prior to Ginger dragging GGG up to 168, GGG had fought his entire career at MW. You know what I mean.

    Still... I'm flattered by the attention.
    your statement that it's a fact is wrong & anyone agreeing with your made up fact would also be wrong. what has been the middleweight limit for professional boxing during ggg's career? what weight division is one sixty three within? i agree with you that ggg fought most of his career at one sixty & i do know what you were meaning, i have no issue with any of that except that you are trying to say it is a fact & you still refuse to admit it is not a fact. i'm only highlighting your mentality & reasoning. as when other discussions between us occur it must always be taken into consideration that you are the type of person who is happy to make up facts & then contradict them & are unable to acknowledge that you have done so

    Hey bro, it's no biggie.

    I'm a big picture type of guy... and my saying GGG had fought MW his entire career before Ginger dragged him up to 168... only to have you "prove me wrong" by finding the one fight where GGG fought at 163... that's not going to prove that I don't know boxing, nor that I... what is it... "make up facts"? I'm certainly not gonna lose any sleep about what continues to be a difference of opinion between you and me.

    Again... if it makes you happy to crow that I'm "happy to make up facts"... go for it. All the more power to you. I'll drink to that. It's certainly not worth continuing to argue about.

    I said what I said and that's how it stays. It was a dig at Ginger... a fighter we both know you love and I hate. My point was well made... and still stands. I'm not one to care much about the fine print.

    Cheers.

    you didn't just say ggg had fought mw his entire career, you claimed it was a fact. my point is not about proving you wrong, it's that you made up a fact & are unable to admit that it wasn't a fact. i've never tried to prove you don't know boxing, i think you enjoy the sport just as much as i do when it's at its best. it's not a difference of opinion. you claimed something was a fact & it wasn't & you can't admit that it wasn't a fact. i have know feelings about it at all, as i said my signature just highlights your mentality & reasoning & your inability to concede. there is no argument. i don't love canelo. i like many things he's done in the sport & dislike many things he has done as well. your claim that it was a fact was wrong, so nothing stands. i care about how words, language & fine print are used. cheers
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

    Titofan:

    The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

    Also Titofan:

    GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

    Hidden Content

  2. #182
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    26,002
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1943
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Canelo Álvarez v Jermell Charlo September Thirtieth


  3. #183
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    45,421
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    5029
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Canelo Álvarez v Jermell Charlo September Thirtieth

    I never envisioned a scenario in which Steve flippin Rolls would be as prevalent in fluffing up Canelo in any fashion. Indirectly of course . Brilliant.

  4. #184
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,412
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    888
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Canelo Álvarez v Jermell Charlo September Thirtieth

    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I never envisioned a scenario in which Steve flippin Rolls would be as prevalent in fluffing up Canelo in any fashion. Indirectly of course . Brilliant.
    And you Yankees think the Canadians are irrelevant on the world stage.... Check Mate Buddy

  5. #185
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    45,421
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    5029
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Canelo Álvarez v Jermell Charlo September Thirtieth

    Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I never envisioned a scenario in which Steve flippin Rolls would be as prevalent in fluffing up Canelo in any fashion. Indirectly of course . Brilliant.
    And you Yankees think the Canadians are irrelevant on the world stage.... Check Mate Buddy
    the legend lives on.

  6. #186
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    26,002
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1943
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Canelo Álvarez v Jermell Charlo September Thirtieth

    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I never envisioned a scenario in which Steve flippin Rolls would be as prevalent in fluffing up Canelo in any fashion. Indirectly of course . Brilliant.



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Who should Jermell Charlo fight next?
    By Master in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-14-2022, 09:31 PM
  2. Replies: 61
    Last Post: 05-17-2022, 09:31 PM
  3. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 07-21-2021, 01:30 PM
  4. Tony Harrison-Jermell Charlo II
    By Fenster in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 12-22-2019, 12:39 PM
  5. Jermell Charlo
    By Master in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-11-2015, 05:59 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  




Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Forum | Boxing Rankings

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Saddo Boxing - Boxing