Boxing Forums



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  84
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 168

Thread: Haney vs Garcia

Share/Bookmark
  1. #151
    Join Date
    Jan 2023
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    470
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    88
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Haney vs Garcia

    Well done King Ryan Garcia
    Ryan fooled me
    The card had a few surprises
    Garcia showed perfectly how to hook off the jab in the 7th
    Haney needs to learn to keep his right up after throwing a left
    That flaw was devastating against Garcia's left hook

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    46,173
    Mentioned
    430 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    5059
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Haney vs Garcia

    Ok finally got to watch full version that wasn't hacked to bits, and good luck finding those. Now to be fair I've always been hesitant to score replays or at the least take all of them with a grain of salt as well, we already KNOW the result as well as the general reaction one way or the other. But regardless of how critical I was/am of Ryans conduct and just being full of shat in general I like to think I can be 'fair' when it comes to scoring over the years. You don't score from highlights or incomplete fights and fractured rounds. If it's sped up, missing chunks it doesn't count. So of the top...I had Ryan winning. But winning close. This was by no means a full-fledged bell to bell beat down similar to Crawford v Spence which I've seen it compared to. In the end I had it a 112-111 win Garcia. So for an after the fact view here tis,
    1st to Garcia 10-9. Largely based on the early pressure very left hook that clearly stunned Haney. Though Haney actually steadied as would become a pattern of sorts.
    2nd,3rd Haney 10-9 x2. Largely on subtle pressure and cleaner boxing. No mystery.
    4th Haney 10-9 for much of the same but noticed Haney getting vertical feet. Straight line. Spots where he would rush over his lead but clearly better boxing, cleaner shots. And jabs count..
    5th Haney 10-9 same fashion. By now the shell/sideways tortoise "guard" Ryan was doing was well in play. Literal back turned in a few spots as the fight played out. This is where I take issue with some of the Haney doing all the holding talk. Ryan had a very effective thing he was doing in sapping Haney. He'd clinch his neck out of the weird guard and had been warned all night for it. In spots almost draping himself on neck of Haney. Using the size. Haney was holding when he felt the power.
    6th Haney 10-9. Ryan more with the back turned guard thing in corner and Haney focusing on exposed body/side. You hit what's there no? The ref actually warned Haney twice for working the body of Garcia who turned himself that way. End of round crowd was booing.
    7th Garcia 10-7. Massive round Ryan and one that I scored 10-7 with the damage Haney was showing and how literally rubber his legs were. Argument can be made for 2nd kd but ruled slip. The point deduct was on Ryan clearly hit on the break, he put himself in that position. What get's lost is that even if ref "helped" Haney in round he also ignored Garcia running ring center after kd, out of neutral corner while counting. A favoring ref would have stopped action, walked him back, admonish etc. Talk about giving extra time. Ryan ends round zero punching his hands were at his knees, standing there. He was looking for wind.
    8th Haney 10-9. Credit where credit is due...Haney steadied the ship and outworked Garcia though very weary and busted up.
    9th Garcia 10-9. Now to me, this was a very tough round to score. At first I thought even. But I hate even round it's just very indecisive and undecided. Ryan warned again to stay off his head with arm wrap up. But at about the 40 second mark there was a stutter step on Haney that was some seriously ugly footing. Haney stepped in with what looked like a karate stance ffs and hands wide and really missed being sparked ice cold. Go look at it . Ryan whips an uppercut that half lands on a fully exposed jaw hanging out Haney. Just an odd-dumb moment.
    10th Garcia 10-8. Probably Ryans cleanest most effective round to point. Rolled off strong combo coming forward and drops Haney early. Again Haney has that sagging look in his legs and is clocked again late.
    11th Garcia 10-8. Fairly even/ugly round early with both warned more than once for holding and clinching. Haney dropped off of right hand left hook, eyes spin up and a wrestling match ensues. Ryan looks a little ragged and Haney looks a lot hurt. But both tying up.
    12th Haney 10-9. Honestly, I think Ryan pooched this round after another example pf having Haney in bad shape prior. Some ugly clinches, Haney probing and sticking and lots of movement for the sake of movement from Ryan. In a round where he was admonished in corner "don't play with him and blow this round" he ends it with shacking his hips hands down at knees and sticking out his tongue. So Ryan gets the win fair and square once the fight started. Both in dire need of moving up imo and had noticeable points in stamina. Haney can't break an egg or hurt feelings with his punches. Ryan is by no means a finisher and fought in gaps of activity. He used his size and frame deceptively and to his advantage in close. Haney showed very little adjustment and can be said he didn't fight the smart fight. But he showed some sac not having too much say in the matter once he was hurt. Garcia with 2,3 combos is a true threat but way too few and far between and his defense remains leaky. No idea where Haney goes...147 Mario Barrios? As for Ryan it's getting a bit carried away tbh. Calls for Ryan vs Crawford mmm . Let's keep things in perspective.

  3. #153
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    26,292
    Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1967
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Haney vs Garcia

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Missed everything last night but did manage to get half the garage paneled and pork butt smoked . So degenerative infancy conquers all it turns out. Without seeing the specs it sounds like power won over Haney who was throwing nerf balls and showed a pretty brittle beard. Haney kept getting up, Ryan kept putting him down and did not finish him but just as good with the beat up. The blown weight and glaring unprofessionalism are swept under the rug as if it never existed. And guys intentionally blowing weight as to not "drain" down for added advantage thus forfeiting titles is not a Ryan camp creation they're just another extension. The prefight BS and celebrated childishness remains what it was in my honest opinion and we're likely to see more of it. Yeah boxing . No idea where they go but it seems both might want to consider moving up. Again didn't see Haney in full fight or real time but sounds like he was pretty frail after the connects.

    This.

    Garcia wrecked a pound for pound unbeaten fighter. Took his soul. He must have some reasonable level of boxing talent no?

    "Reasonable level of boxing talent" is a fairly low bar to reach, so... sure.

    But when I read "degenerative infancy" (good one ), "glaring unprofessionalism" (nail on head), and "celebrated childishness" (ouch)... I'm only sorry I didn't think of those spot-on descriptions first.

    Yes. PrincessRy wrecked Haney. Which just goes to show me that the other 140-pound champions (Matias, Teo, Pitbull) would surely have ripped Haney a new one.

    A now-exposed chin, and a now-suspect ranking heading into the fight. Sadly, Haney was overrated. It happens.

    Yes. The kid (Garcia) is talented.

    But spare us the teenage girl shenanigans, the nose-thumbing at basic weight rules, and the leapfrogging of more deserving fighters to fame and fortune.

    He's good. But I'll be firmly rooting against him in every fight he fights.
    What leapfrogging? You can't complain that most top fighters would rather avoid each other, which is true, and then complain when one of them actually takes big fights. He's a top talent and very promotable. Promoters are going to be queuing to promote him and willing to put up the dollars required to get big fights. And he takes the fights. He fought Davis who a lot of top fighters are avoiding. And he's the best name on Davis's record, that fucker is still fighting second tier opposition thirty fights into his career. It's a shame Davis isn't doing a bit of leapfrogging isn't it. Then he fought Haney who is an unbeaten pound for pound guy. So he isn't being protected and he's taking the big fights when they can be made. We would all love it if all the top boxers did this.

    If there's any fighter out there who could go the social media freak show route and pick up huge purses fighting guys he has no chance of losing against it's Garcia but he's taking the big fights so deserves some credit for that.

    "Most top fighters would rather avoid each other" is a generalization I wouldn't be too comfortable making. Let's start with "top fighters." You mean quality fighters at or near the top of their divisions? Or you mean the box office draws that only casual fans know about? Because that distinction is important. If you're talking top draws, then yeah... maybe there's some high-profile names out there that "would rather avoid" other fighters. I can think of a certain redhead that excels at just that. If you're talking the former, then I think that generalization is a bit unfair. There are top fighters laboring at or near the top of their divisions, who have ALREADY taken on the best fighters out there.

    "He takes the big fights." He got noticed with Luke Campbell... got knocked out by Davis... picked on an undersized Duarte who was making a jump from lightweight... and beat a Devin Haney who, let's face it... was likely a bit overrated. Do you consider this a lengthy resume? One constructed with good fight after good fight? Hey I get it... it's the 2020's. Instant gratification is where it's at. Have good looks and a massive social media account... will follow.

    You won't see me defending Davis, who has all the talent in the world, but little to show for it.

    But back to Ryan. He was wanting an exhibition against Pacquiao back when Pac shouldn't even have given him the time of day. He calls himself "The Face of Boxing." He wears a silly crown and calls himself King. King of what, exactly? I can probably mention a few things he's king of... but don't want to sound insensitive.

    Let's be clear... I've never said he has no talent. My main point is he's bad for boxing.

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    429
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    229
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Haney vs Garcia

    I don't mean to brag but erm well.......



    Also Devin ?



    Think Devin might have to plead the 5th after Saturday on that one

    I want to say that's it's good and a welcome change to see two young elite fighters IN THEIR PRIMES fighting. Ray Leonard was 25 and Hearns was 22 when they fought. Ray Leonard was 23 and Duran was 28 when they fought. Ali was 28 and Frazier 26 when they first fought. They were classics for a reason. They're in their primes !!! Stop ageing these fighters out till they are close to 40 and then getting it on and we have to watch Brook Vs Khan or Mayweather Vs Manny trash

    Anyway gotta say Devin's response to the defeat has been class



    And Bill Haney's response

    “We turn losses into lessons and then turn them into blessings”​

    Fair play to Bill here. They're chalking that shyt up and getting back in the lab and I gotta say Haney ain't got no quit in him. He doesn't strike me as the type of guy that'll be mentally broken by this loss. Haney is just cursed with inferior genetics. Mid chin, he has “keep you honest” power, but though he backed Garcia multiple times he can't crack and his defence failed him when he got caught by the main punch that’s outstanding in Garcia’s arsenal. Now everybody with good size will think they can just walk him down to get to his chin.

    Devin is STILL a blue chip fighter, he's mix of Paulie Malignaggi and Amir khan but he's not great on the front foot. He needs to improve his counterpunching when it gets hectic and he has no idea how to defend himself on the inside other than by clinching. That worked for him when he was much heavier than his opponents, although even then it was barely enough against Loma.

    But against a guy like Ryan who was at least his size if not bigger, it was disastrous. Haney was massive at 135 so when he was fighting smaller older guys with shorter arms. He was able to control range, jab, counter shots to the body. Grabbing and hold is much more effective when you're the stronger/longer dude. But the moment he fought a taller bigger man with just as much reach as him ? He was lost.

    Far too often Haney tried to clinch against Ryan but couldn't do so quickly enough, and was wide open for Garcia's hook, uppercut and chopping right. And when he could clinch, Garcia made him pay for it by outwrestling him and making him carry his weight (on his neck), which is probably a big part of why he slowed down as the fight went on.

    I also thought as soon as Ryan hurt Haney in the first round he needed to open and I truly believe he could have got Devin out of there in Rnd1 because Haney wasn't going anywhere. Haney for whatever reason was trying to catch and shoot. Unlike Tank, who wasn't bothered with that machismo, stand your ground stuff. Tank thought "You open up on me Ryan and I'm getting outta there and then I'll catch you on the way in" I didn't get why Ryan was giving Devin so much time and space.

    But love him or hate him, Haney challenges himself in a way very few fighters do

    And it has to be talked about

    But when Ryan came in 3 lbs overweight I knew this was gonna be an issue. I think it was planned for him to not give a fk about making weight and come in as heavy and as strong as possible. Where as Devin actually made weight. We should be saluting Team Haney for even going along with the fight. I would say the vast majority of the athletes in combat sports are trying to be weight bullies. The whole idea of cutting weight originates from wrestlers who are trying to get down into a smaller weight class, so that they have a strength advantage. It's morphed over time into what we have today in boxing, wrestling, and MMA.

    Boxing is becoming one big weight grift then again some would say Haney has weighed up to 160 in his fights so they don't feel much sympathy for someone who's had considerable size advantage in majority of his fights. So what happened on Saturday is justice to some because the three pounds were meaningless as Haney, typically rehydrates 20 plus pounds on fight night. Which means he probably weighed more than Garcia. What I've learned from this is that nobody really cares about anything other than the result at the end of the day. History only cares about who won and lost

    But you only need to look at Ryan who fought Tank and the Ryan who Devin to see the difference.



    Right pic looks like he was just liberated by the Allied Army. Emaciated looking.

    Ryan is crazy and he can fight. They are not mutually exclusive things. He's not Ricardo Mayorga crazy but he is a bit crazy. Ryan has been putting in work in the boxing since a kid, kicking ass since the amateurs. Ppl be letting the social media fool them. Garcia is savage with them hands. He has one-hit KO power in his left and a stun gun in his right. Pair those with his good offensive reaction time and if he corrected his sloppy footwork, he'd be very tough to beat. Only way you can really stop him is if you yourself have lethal power and top notch defence (Tank).

    He threw 11 jabs in the whole fight and I was told "the jab is most important punch" Imagine if Ryan dedicated his life to boxing like Haney ? He literally doesn’t even jab.......like at all, and still beat the former undisputed champ. Insane. Ryan is like the Deontay Wilder of the lightweights, except it’s his punch speed that catches everyone
    Last edited by Denilson3.0; 04-29-2024 at 12:24 PM.

  5. #155
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    10,002
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    387
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Haney vs Garcia

    Quote Originally Posted by Denilson3.0 View Post
    Coz of all that I'm picking Garcia in a big upset.
    that was a great prediction
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

  6. #156
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    10,002
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    387
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Haney vs Garcia

    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    14,005
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1940
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Haney vs Garcia

    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    7th Garcia 10-7. Massive round Ryan and one that I scored 10-7 with the damage Haney was showing and how literally rubber his legs were. Argument can be made for 2nd kd but ruled slip. The point deduct was on Ryan clearly hit on the break, he put himself in that position. What get's lost is that even if ref "helped" Haney in round he also ignored Garcia running ring center after kd, out of neutral corner while counting. A favoring ref would have stopped action, walked him back, admonish etc. Talk about giving extra time. Ryan ends round zero punching his hands were at his knees, standing there. He was looking for wind.
    I watched a couple of rounds again but mainly the seventh. The ref kept Haney in the fight here. He spent the seventh and other times Haney was shaken and holding calling for them to break but he never physically broke them. Taking a point without a warning and not taking a point for the endless holding is bad enough but letting Haney cling on without braking them when Haney was one punch away from being knocked out was shocking. I mean he's giving Haney every chance to get through it and make it to the later rounds and the point deduction/non point deduction helps the judges fiddle the cards if it was close and oh at least one knockdown ruled a slip. It's bad but it's what you expect. Haney is the house fighter and you expect it. We've seen similar fights over the years with similar reffing and it's given the judges the opportunity to give the win to a guy who really lost. Without the three knockdowns they would have done it here too.

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    14,005
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1940
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Haney vs Garcia

    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    My main point is he's bad for boxing.
    Boxing is being left behind by UFC and even now fucking youtubers and ancient old fighters. What's left is being atomised by the alphabet bodies and their multiple belts. Other than a massive Hispanic following in America it's dying a death, the non Hispanic fans are all middle aged or older. Anybody that brings any attention to the sport part of boxing is fantastic for boxing. Anything that attracts young fans, the social media generation and gets in the tabloids is great for boxing. You may not like this world and how it is now but this is how it is now. This is the world we live in. Even if he ends up fighting some of the freak show people, and he will because the money will be huge and there'll be zero risk, none of this is bad for boxing.

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the levee
    Posts
    46,173
    Mentioned
    430 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    5059
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Haney vs Garcia

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    7th Garcia 10-7. Massive round Ryan and one that I scored 10-7 with the damage Haney was showing and how literally rubber his legs were. Argument can be made for 2nd kd but ruled slip. The point deduct was on Ryan clearly hit on the break, he put himself in that position. What get's lost is that even if ref "helped" Haney in round he also ignored Garcia running ring center after kd, out of neutral corner while counting. A favoring ref would have stopped action, walked him back, admonish etc. Talk about giving extra time. Ryan ends round zero punching his hands were at his knees, standing there. He was looking for wind.
    I watched a couple of rounds again but mainly the seventh. The ref kept Haney in the fight here. He spent the seventh and other times Haney was shaken and holding calling for them to break but he never physically broke them. Taking a point without a warning and not taking a point for the endless holding is bad enough but letting Haney cling on without braking them when Haney was one punch away from being knocked out was shocking. I mean he's giving Haney every chance to get through it and make it to the later rounds and the point deduction/non point deduction helps the judges fiddle the cards if it was close and oh at least one knockdown ruled a slip. It's bad but it's what you expect. Haney is the house fighter and you expect it. We've seen similar fights over the years with similar reffing and it's given the judges the opportunity to give the win to a guy who really lost. Without the three knockdowns they would have done it here too.
    I can't speak for Harvey but in my eye the holding/clinching was pretty mutual. Ryan more subtle with it and tbh he fought the pace of an older fighter, managing his gas tank. And the turning of back is blatant and I believe illegal but it enabled Garcia to break out of it into the clear head locks he was rightfully warned for. He calls it a shoulder roll but James Toney is laughing out loud at that. It's strictly a defensive shell...and Haney was repeatedly told not to punch him early on. Ryan doesn't fight out of it, no up jab and no counter right. He was just shelling up to get the break and kill time. Would he have stopped Haney in 7th I have no idea. Like I said at least one of those was a KD to me and should have been called also. But again by not doing so didn't it actually afford Haney less time. I thought for sure Ryan would stop him easily going into 8th after all that damage but he couldn't. And again going into 11th and 12th, but he didn't. I still think this was actually a close fight absent the knockdowns judging per the individual round and not the collective. In rounds I think I had it 7-5 Haney to be honest. It's hard to argue a fight the guy won at the end of the day but in large part I put not getting the KO on Ryan himself. He just didn't prepare for a sustained onslaught and fought in gaps for a 25 year old. Drinking, smoking and raging in a part time "camp" does that to a guy. Cause and effect. I think all three judges were generous giving him the 12th too.

  10. #160
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    26,292
    Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1967
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Haney vs Garcia

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    My main point is he's bad for boxing.
    Boxing is being left behind by UFC and even now fucking youtubers and ancient old fighters. What's left is being atomised by the alphabet bodies and their multiple belts. Other than a massive Hispanic following in America it's dying a death, the non Hispanic fans are all middle aged or older. Anybody that brings any attention to the sport part of boxing is fantastic for boxing. Anything that attracts young fans, the social media generation and gets in the tabloids is great for boxing. You may not like this world and how it is now but this is how it is now. This is the world we live in. Even if he ends up fighting some of the freak show people, and he will because the money will be huge and there'll be zero risk, none of this is bad for boxing.

    It's bad for those older fans you mention. Boxing's been around a hell of a lot longer than you or I. And it has survived all sorts of issues and problems that would've sunken any other sport. But all through the years, before the Ryans of the world, boxers came up the traditional way... earning their way to the top. They fought tooth and nail to get noticed. There was no adoring throngs of social media teenyboppers to fuel these artificial rises. You couldn't cash in one good fight into instant stardom, just cause you had a pretty face, called yourself king, and claimed you were something you were not. Actions had to preclude fame... not the other way around.

    Now if you want to argue that it's good for the morphed shitbox they still call boxing... that's another story. Real boxing had its peak some decades ago. The real champs... the real fighters... the real fans. Now it's the freak show you aptly mentioned.

    Of course boxing is being left behind by UFC. Who needs the rules of boxing? When you can pounce on your unconscious, prone opponent, and continue to beat the shit out of him. As far as the YouTubers and the "ancient old fighters"... it's another sign of the times. Taking shortcuts, instant gratification, taking the easy road, etc, etc.

    So, as I define it, yeah... this freak show is bad for boxing.

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    65,168
    Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3042
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Haney vs Garcia

    Agree with Spicoli, the fight was close and the knockdowns made the difference to the final score. Garcia was fighting in spurts and Haney was winning the early rounds to be ahead in the contest.

    The ref had to take a point off from Garcia in the 7th for the illegal punch and there was only 1 legitimate knockdown in that round.

    The ref did a good job, nothing to do with the house fighter.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    14,005
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1940
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Haney vs Garcia

    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    7th Garcia 10-7. Massive round Ryan and one that I scored 10-7 with the damage Haney was showing and how literally rubber his legs were. Argument can be made for 2nd kd but ruled slip. The point deduct was on Ryan clearly hit on the break, he put himself in that position. What get's lost is that even if ref "helped" Haney in round he also ignored Garcia running ring center after kd, out of neutral corner while counting. A favoring ref would have stopped action, walked him back, admonish etc. Talk about giving extra time. Ryan ends round zero punching his hands were at his knees, standing there. He was looking for wind.
    I watched a couple of rounds again but mainly the seventh. The ref kept Haney in the fight here. He spent the seventh and other times Haney was shaken and holding calling for them to break but he never physically broke them. Taking a point without a warning and not taking a point for the endless holding is bad enough but letting Haney cling on without braking them when Haney was one punch away from being knocked out was shocking. I mean he's giving Haney every chance to get through it and make it to the later rounds and the point deduction/non point deduction helps the judges fiddle the cards if it was close and oh at least one knockdown ruled a slip. It's bad but it's what you expect. Haney is the house fighter and you expect it. We've seen similar fights over the years with similar reffing and it's given the judges the opportunity to give the win to a guy who really lost. Without the three knockdowns they would have done it here too.
    I can't speak for Harvey but in my eye the holding/clinching was pretty mutual. Ryan more subtle with it and tbh he fought the pace of an older fighter, managing his gas tank. And the turning of back is blatant and I believe illegal but it enabled Garcia to break out of it into the clear head locks he was rightfully warned for. He calls it a shoulder roll but James Toney is laughing out loud at that. It's strictly a defensive shell...and Haney was repeatedly told not to punch him early on. Ryan doesn't fight out of it, no up jab and no counter right. He was just shelling up to get the break and kill time. Would he have stopped Haney in 7th I have no idea. Like I said at least one of those was a KD to me and should have been called also. But again by not doing so didn't it actually afford Haney less time. I thought for sure Ryan would stop him easily going into 8th after all that damage but he couldn't. And again going into 11th and 12th, but he didn't. I still think this was actually a close fight absent the knockdowns judging per the individual round and not the collective. In rounds I think I had it 7-5 Haney to be honest. It's hard to argue a fight the guy won at the end of the day but in large part I put not getting the KO on Ryan himself. He just didn't prepare for a sustained onslaught and fought in gaps for a 25 year old. Drinking, smoking and raging in a part time "camp" does that to a guy. Cause and effect. I think all three judges were generous giving him the 12th too.

    I actually agree with most of that. Garcia fought like a guy who hadn't trained much but I'm not sure how much of the smoking and drinking is genuine and how much is Mayorgaish. I think the big think for me was watching a top pound for pound guy who had never been knocked down get knocked around like that. So many knockdowns. Not something you see every day.

    Garcia now has a memorable performance against a legit elite boxer. He didn't just fiddle a debatable points win, he had a bunch of highlight reel moments that are gold dust for him on social media. They give him endless clout now to make all kinds of bullshit zero risk fights and make tons of money.

  13. #163
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    10,002
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    387
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Haney vs Garcia

    ryan apparently popped dirty
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,373
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    746
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Haney vs Garcia

    They found out he tested pos before the fight?!

    What if he had killed Haney?

    Why was it allowed to go ahead?

    What’s the point of the test if they don’t prevent people getting hurt?

    If you knew and allowed the fight to go ahead WHATS THE POINT?!

    so because they knew and allowed the fight anyways I say it’s a fair win for Garcia. If you don’t use it to prevent injury then just allow everyone to use them and we can get some massive slabheads smashing each other.

    Maybe even get a knockout or 2 in the woman's division.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    65,168
    Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3042
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Haney vs Garcia

    Ryan Garcia has tested positive for the banned PED ostarine in two drugs tests taken around his win over Devin Haney.

    On April 20, the 25-year-old shocked the boxing world by flooring his rival three times and beating him by unanimous decision, but that win is now under major question.

    Garcia tested positive for ostarine in two VADA drugs tests taken on the day before and on the day of the Haney win.

    He also screened positive for a metabolite of nandrolone (19-norandrosterone) in one of his tests, but this result is not yet confirmed and requires further lab analysis.

    Ostarine is a selective androgen receptor modulator (SARM) used to assist athletic performance by helping build muscle mass, burn fat and increase stamina. Nadrolone is a synthetic (lab-made) version of testosterone.

    Both are well known to be banned substances, with Amir Khan having been banned over a positive test for ostarine in 2022 and Tyson Fury having accepted a backdated ban over a positive test for nandrolone in 2015.

    Garcia took to social media on Wednesday night to furiously respond once the results were reported publicly.

    "I came on here to address this bull-f***ing-s*** claim that I cheated," he said in a video.

    "Everybody knows that I don't cheat.

    "What can I say? Why didn't they come out with this before the fight if they found it before? Why would they let me step into the ring as a cheater, come out with the victory, and then they post this?"

    In truth, while Garcia's drugs tests may have been taken pre-fight, the results would not have come back until days after it took place.

    "These are people who are trying to attack me for whatever reason, but no weapon against me shall prosper," he continued.

    "I've never taken a steroid in my life. I don't even know where to get steroids at the end of the day, I barely take supplements.

    "They're saying it's coming from ashwagandha, that's f***ing r*****ed. Big lies, I beat his ass, f*** out of here. F*** the Haneys."

    Haney has reacted in a written statement.

    "It's unfortunate Ryan cheated and disrespected both the fans and the sport of boxing by fighting dirty and breaking positive not once, but twice," Haney said.

    "Ryan owes the fans an apology, and by his recent tweet he still thinks this is a joke.

    "We put our lives on the line to entertain people for a living. You don't play boxing.

    "This puts the fight in a completely different light.

    "Despite the disadvantage, I still fought on my shield and got back up. People die in this sport. This isn't a joking matter."

    The New York Commission will now investigate the VADA drugs tests results and could overturn the result to a no-contest.

    Garcia's promoter Golden Boy said: "Ryan has put out multiple statements denying knowingly using any banned substances - and we believe him.

    "We are working with his team to determine how this finding came to be and will address this further once we conclude that process."

    https://talksport.com/sport/1851460/...tm_campaign=no
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Haney 7-5
    By imp in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-23-2023, 05:50 PM
  2. Tank-Teo-Haney-Garcia - Who comes out on top?
    By Fenster in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02-26-2023, 03:38 PM
  3. No one wants Haney..
    By imp in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-10-2022, 08:55 AM
  4. If you’re Haney, who do you want?
    By Ron Swanson in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 06-12-2022, 12:06 PM
  5. Tank vs Garcia vs Haney vs Teo
    By imp in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 04-19-2021, 02:22 PM

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  




Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Forum | Boxing Rankings

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Saddo Boxing - Boxing