We’ll make work pay.
- Raise the minimum wage to £10 – we’ll bring the minimum wage up to the level of the living wage (expected to be at least £10 per hour by 2020), so that no one in work gets poverty pay.
- End the public sector pay cap - because public sector wages have fallen and our workers deserve a pay rise.
- Amend the takeover code to ensure every takeover proposal has a clear plan in place to protect workers and pensioners – because workers shouldn’t suffer when a company is sold.
- Roll out maximum pay ratios – because it cannot be right that wages at the top keep rising while everyone else’s stagnates.
- Ban unpaid internships – because it’s not fair for some to get a leg up when others can’t afford to.