Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Do You Think Of Animal Fight "Sports"?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default What Do You Think Of Animal Fight "Sports"?

With Michael Vick in the news, all that publicity, it got me to thinking.
    Personally, I cannot stand to watch dogs fight. That goes for two mutts on the block, much less two trained animals tearing each other apart. I have no respect for people that would do such a thing. I've got a pit-bull laying on the floor next to me, and if anybody wants to get her in the ing...show some heart and get in the ring with me first.
    Unfortunately I grew up around a bunch of this and I have always hated it. I can understand why the dogs fight- hell, I box(ed)-but why people would get them to do it escapes me. But, really, is it so much different from a trainer/fighter relationship? This troubles my mind.
    Cockfights...between roosters, like male chickens (i know this is an "adult" board ) is something else. Again, I have no desire to watch two roosters fight with straight razors strapped to their claws. But if they just happen to fight-as nature ditates- in the barnyard, I'll watch all day. Once, when I was 11, I watched two roosters fight for nearly 2 hours. I didn't make them fight, nor did I arm them and they both walked away. One hell of a fight, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What Do You Think Of Animal Fight "Sports"?

Oddly enough so do I
    One of the reasons we adopted him,the family we adopted from was worried that the local scumbags were going to steal him to try and fight him
    Screw that,as you say,you want to fight my dog,you can discuss it with me first
    An old saying from Philly(where Im originally from)"You can beat on my brother,but dont mess with my dog"

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've got the pit, a Labrador, and three pesky ass cats. My pit-bull is so gentle with the cats and the Lab, and with kids and everybody in general that it is ridiculous. At the same time, in Arizona, she got jumped by three "farm dogs" (for lack of a better term). I do all I can to get between my dogs and conflict but we were out in a rural area and they got there pretty quick. She defended herself very vigorously- its her nature- and it took some time to calm her down. A sweetheart of a dog, though.
    By the way, as I type today, I am not retarded. My stupid cat is helping me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am against it totally....IMO anyone caught doing this should get more then a slap on the hand or heafty fine....

What type of person does it take to make two animals who are more then likely hungry as all shit and probably slapped around on a reg basis to make them mean fight for money.....

Most fucked up part is the loosers get thrown away be it just lef6t...put in trash can,,,whatever...but no one is paying a vet bill I promise that.....

I have 2 pits....Like Grey's they are the most docile pets one can get.....My three year old is forever climbing on them playing with them and pulling their ears......They do not so much as growl......They do not even get bothered if he goes by them while they eat......

On the other hand if someone other then my wife,,myself or their brother and sisters even attempts to go near them while they play in the yard they become the feared beast they are known to be....This is their job of course and they protect well....Never out of control....

I got both of them from the pit bull rescue program near me......Buster is missing an ear from fighting at 6 months and Sammy had to have 3 surgery's to fix his front leg from fighting......

Could not ask for better dogs....Not a mean bone in their bodies
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My dog is the protector of my child,and a beloved companion,and a member of our family
    You screw with my dog,you have just screwed with me
    And with almost 30 years in the martial arts and boxing,that screw dont turn easy my friend
    Anyone that would use an animals pain for profit is a scumsucking b@stard who needs to be put out of my misery

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Monkey
    My dog is the protector of my child,and a beloved companion,and a member of our family
    And with almost 30 years in the martial arts and boxing,that screw dont turn easy my friend
    Anyone that would use an animals pain for profit is a scumsucking b@stard who needs to be put out of my misery

CC Same here mate....My pets are part of my family.....Fuck with them and it is almost like fucking with my children.....Not a good idea

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Let's adress this. Love of dogs is universal. What about roosters?
    Personally, I'll watch them fight all day, and enjoy it, just so long as it isn't a human sponsored or provoked battle. Is that wrong? Because, honestly, I love watching barnyard roosters fight. Would I train them, arm them, and provoke them? No. Do I approve of that? No. Will I watch a natural battle? Hell yeah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by greynotsoold
    Let's adress this. Love of dogs is universal. What about roosters?
    Personally, I'll watch them fight all day, and enjoy it, just so long as it isn't a human sponsored or provoked battle. Is that wrong? Because, honestly, I love watching barnyard roosters fight. Would I train them, arm them, and provoke them? No. Do I approve of that? No. Will I watch a natural battle? Hell yeah.
    Well as a kid my Dad had some barnyard animals...Roosters,, chickens,,ducks a pig ect......

come that certain time of year they all well for lack of a better phrase....Would try and decide who was cock of the walk.....For about 3 years this one rooster my Dad had since it hatched nick named Baby Huey after the cartoon charechter because he was so damn big...would prove time and again he was the BOSS.......We would watch them get into it all the time....I mean what are you going to do run over every 10 min to break them up.....

Difference is they were in their natrual state and having a fair one on one.....when one got the better of the other the loser took off.......

Same can be said for dogs...My Dad had about 4 or 5 at a time because he used to breed them for a hobby and now and again they would fight and my Dad would let it go as long as it did not get out of control......He used to say you had to let it go now and then so they can decide among themselves who is BOSS.......

But there is a big difference in that and forcing them to fight Grey....especially sine some of the tactics used to get animals to fight are almost worse then the fights themselves...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Turtle racing is okay, I guess. Man Vs. Kangaroo seems fair.

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree. I'm not going to make them fight, and, while I can watch roosters fight, I can't stand a dogfight

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cock fight is a nice sport. The only reason it gets banned is because it get lumped in with other sports like dog fighting and bear fighting ?
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by boozeboxer
    Cock fight is a nice sport. The only reason it gets banned is because it get lumped in with other sports like dog fighting and bear fighting ?
    I'm completely against cock and dog fighting, it just seems wrong.

Why can't we have fights between really exciting animals. Lion vs Bear or Crocodile vs Shark.

I'd definitely pay to see those kinds of fights.

It would be awesome to have maybe an 8 animal elimination tournament.

Ideal scenario.

Round 1

Polar Bear vs Grizzly Bear to get the Bear champ
    Lion vs Tiger let's see whose top Cat
    Crocodile vs Alligator best reptile
    Great White vs Killer Whale, best sea creature

An elephant could be the wildcard reserve ready to step in should one of the other's not be able to continue.

Of course all animals should be starving to ensure they fight each other, but no so much as to reduce performance too much.

My picks would be the Polar Bear to overcome the Grizzly, the Lion would probably beat the tiger, obviously Croc beats an alligator and I'd fancy the Great White to beat a killer whale.

Next Round.

Polar Bear vs Lion (what a fight that would be!) My money is on the bear
    Crocodile vs Shark, got no idea how that would go, 50/50 fight imo but let's go with croc to make the final round easier.

Croc vs Polar Bear. It would have to take place in a shallow river not too deep as the croc gets too big an advantage, let's say 1 foot deep,

Close fight again, I really don't know. I guess the croc would win unless the Polar Bear could turn it over and rip at it's soft underbelly.

Either way this would make for one hell of a PPV fight card

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Monkey

CC Same here mate....My pets are part of my family.....F*** with them and it is almost like F****** with my children.....Not a good idea
    CC back Daxx
    Dont F with my family
    Back to half watching Lock Stock
    Friday's the off day for the gym,I find a hard time figuring out what to do with myself

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My dogs have always been considered part of the family and I couldn't imagine going to a fucking dog fight. I'm actually thinking about becoming a vet because I like animals so much.
    I also don't like watching animals fight in the wild, but nature has to take its course. I don't even really like watching people fight unless its in a sporting capacity like boxing or UFC.

CC Bilbo that was fucking hilarious. I bet as soon as the winner is decided people will start talking about how PBF has to fight them to secure his legacy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo
    Quote Originally Posted by boozeboxer

Round 1

Polar Bear vs Grizzly Bear to get the Bear champ
    Lion vs Tiger let's see whose top Cat
    Crocodile vs Alligator best reptile
    Great White vs Killer Whale, best sea creature

Polar Bear vs. Grizzly Bear - I'm gonna have to go with Mighty Grizzly, unless Polar Bear gets to make the fight happen on his home turf (Antarctica)

Lion vs. Tiger - I'm going with tiger. Tiger's speed and agility more than compensate for Lion's edge in strength.

Crocodile vs. Alligator - Crocodile wins this one easily. Crocodile is bigger, quicker, stronger, and by far the more seasoned of the two. (Think Prime-evil)

Here's where we're different.................

Great White vs. The Legendary Kraken (Historical Sea Monster) - Great White is no match for Kraken as it's used to feeding off of much smaller prey (surfers, sea lions, etc. etc.) where as Kraken eats big pirate ships that were filled with treasure.

There is no need to go on............. Kraken makes easy work out of all beasts.

Here's Kraken in action..............

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...&ct=image&cd=2

Thread Information