Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Besides Pacquiao fans

Is there any actual reason to not like him? I understand the want to base your opinion on a fighter based on the fact that other people are over-hyping a fighter, but like with me and Antonio Margarito, I knew he was shit from day 1, and I was saying that from day 1. He was slow and terrible. It got me mad when people said Floyd was ducking this sorry excuse for a boxer. That being said throw away the Pacquiao fans and is there really any reason to dislike Manny? With Floyd I can see why some people would not like him, he's arrogant, a prick, and talks a lot.

With Manny though he's humble, he gives so much back to his community, he fights everybody, and he's really good, and he's been in a ton of exciting fights which were exciting through no small part of his own.

All I am saying is it was lame for me to hate on MArgarito just because of what other people were saying about him, that shouldn't change my personal opinion on the guy, because of the handwraps I will hate him forever. As for guys like Manny or Mosley I don't see any reason to hate them, you may prefer other guys, but they are class acts.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Besides Pacquiao fans

Freddy Roach?

I dunno, I see no reason to dislike Pacquiao as a fighter, however everyone has their preferences so I guess I can understand why they might dislike him.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A terrific fighter and a complete gentleman, wot's to dislike?
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't see any reason to dislike Pac himself. But I do understand why people get riled against his team. They demand 65/35 splits, the different catchweights for every welterweight, and demanding a catchweight while wanting the title be on the line. Pac himself seems to be a good guy but its easy to get riled up against a team with these demands. Personally, Pac is a likeable guy though.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No not really but whenever a large group of people think that a certain fighter is unbeatable then it's enough to make my head spin.

Mentioned
    1678 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Manny Pac is beginning to grow on me, he beat my favourite fighters in Morales, JMM, Hatton so if you cannot beat them just join the bandwagon and admit that he is a very good fighter and p4p the best out there.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post
    Is there any actual reason to not like him? I understand the want to base your opinion on a fighter based on the fact that other people are over-hyping a fighter, but like with me and Antonio Margarito, I knew he was shit from day 1, and I was saying that from day 1. He was slow and terrible. It got me mad when people said Floyd was ducking this sorry excuse for a boxer. That being said throw away the Pacquiao fans and is there really any reason to dislike Manny? With Floyd I can see why some people would not like him, he's arrogant, a prick, and talks a lot.

With Manny though he's humble, he gives so much back to his community, he fights everybody, and he's really good, and he's been in a ton of exciting fights which were exciting through no small part of his own.

All I am saying is it was lame for me to hate on MArgarito just because of what other people were saying about him, that shouldn't change my personal opinion on the guy, because of the handwraps I will hate him forever. As for guys like Manny or Mosley I don't see any reason to hate them, you may prefer other guys, but they are class acts.

I never really thought your hate for Tony was because of what others said; more from you not liking his style{which granted is crude but just what I like in fighters}

As far as Pac; I think he's great. I am rooting for Cotto but I think Pac is great for this sport, both in bringing new fans to it as well as probably inspiring a whole new generation of fighters. Pac has a whole country behind him, more a god than a practioner of pugilism, and inspires untold amounts of kids in that part of the world to take up the sweet science. I think his impact will be felt moreso in 10-15 years from now with how many kids he inspired to get into the sport. Other than appreciatng his ferocity in the ring, I like most about him the devotion he creates and the impact it will make for this "dying" sport in the future. Plus he doesn't come across like an arrogant prick.
    Hidden Content

Marching Towards the Abyss...............

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I really can't see why someone would not like Pacquiao. Exciting fighter, always goes for the KO, gradually improving, humble, gives back to his people, fights every big name that was around him.

Truth be told, I think Xadu/Saddoboxer did a lot to make people hate him by his obessional sacksucking. But the only other reason I can see why people wouldn't like him is if he fought your favorite fighter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i think the guys great, a credit to the sport and a true hero, any hate towards this guy i do not understand

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    Freddy Roach?

I dunno, I see no reason to dislike Pacquiao as a fighter, however everyone has their preferences so I guess I can understand why they might dislike him.
    i agree, Pacquio is a class act in the ring, he always tries to put on a good show, and always tries to make it a night to remember for those who spend their hard earned cash to see his fights, another thing is although he relishes a well earned victory, he always goes to his opponent to check on them and or give them credit, aside from his fans and his demands to make fights as of late i have nothing but respect for the man, his "fans"? well that's another story

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The thing is it Manny or his people that are making these demands? I never hear Manny talking about catch weights just Roach. I honestly think Manny would have no problem facing Mosley or Cotto(which he pretty much is) at 147. Oscar was already going to face Mayweather at 147 before he opted for Manny, and Manny fought Hatton at his best weight, where he was the best fighter in the world at that weight.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by C-Lo View Post
    I really can't see why someone would not like Pacquiao. Exciting fighter, always goes for the KO, gradually improving, humble, gives back to his people, fights every big name that was around him.

Truth be told, I think Xadu/Saddoboxer did a lot to make people hate him by his obessional sacksucking. But the only other reason I can see why people wouldn't like him is if he fought your favorite fighter.
    I go off the deep end with Pac sometimes, but I don't actually hate him. He's a nice enough chap in interviews, he doesn't trash talk, doesn't make mad predictions. Roach on the other hand does like to talk and he seems to be getting worse as the years roll on. And Pacs team are becoming quite trying each time they negotiate a fight. I might say "Oh I want Manny knocked out like Khan!" on occasion, but it really is more bluster and bombast than anything truly meaningful.

My big thing is the final part highlighted above. Barrera is one of my all time favourites along with Calzaghe and Toney. It genuinely gets to me if he loses and a similar thing with Hatton too really. It's okay involving fighters that I'm not so invested in like DLH. I actually wanted Pac to beat him. But when it is one fo those fighters that I have watched so much and come to like. Well, it can make me bitter sometimes. I also have a tendency to go with the underdog so now Manny is P4P top it is likely I will be pulling for the other guy too. People writing Cotto off just makes me want to back him more and more. Just the way I am really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The thing is it Manny or his people that are making these demands? I never hear Manny talking about catch weights just Roach. I honestly think Manny would have no problem facing Mosley or Cotto(which he pretty much is) at 147. Oscar was already going to face Mayweather at 147 before he opted for Manny, and Manny fought Hatton at his best weight, where he was the best fighter in the world at that weight.
    I love Pac Man and he has earned the pound for pound status, but his recent demands and his fans are driving me up the wall. And I honestly think that if he wanted to fight Cotto at 147, he would. But I honestly think that he doesn't. Manny fought Oscar at 147 because he knew he had the advantage over someone who had not fought at that weight in years. He's fighting Cotto at a catchweight because at 147 Cotto has the advantage and because there was absolutely no way that Cotto would agrtee to 143, an insane weight for Cotto to make. I believe Pac-Man and Roach know Manny has a tough fight coming up, the toughest of his career. If Beating Cotto is a given, then the contract would have been signed long ago.

Arum: Knows he's going to make a lot of money, so he is pushing the fight and trying to appease both foighters without alienating either.

Manny: Knows he might get the living shit beat out of him, so he is trying to score financially and professionally as much as possible.

Cotto: Knows he will defeat Manny and wants to get as much as possible financially while doing it.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rican View Post
    I love Pac Man and he has earned the pound for pound status, but his recent demands and his fans are driving me up the wall. And I honestly think that if he wanted to fight Cotto at 147, he would. But I honestly think that he doesn't. Manny fought Oscar at 147 because he knew he had the advantage over someone who had not fought at that weight in years. He's fighting Cotto at a catchweight because at 147 Cotto has the advantage and because there was absolutely no way that Cotto would agrtee to 143, an insane weight for Cotto to make. I believe Pac-Man and Roach know Manny has a tough fight coming up, the toughest of his career. If Beating Cotto is a given, then the contract would have been signed long ago.

Arum: Knows he's going to make a lot of money, so he is pushing the fight and trying to appease both foighters without alienating either.

Manny: Knows he might get the living shit beat out of him, so he is trying to score financially and professionally as much as possible.

Cotto: Knows he will defeat Manny and wants to get as much as possible financially while doing it.
    That's the nature of boxing. The boxer with leverage will have all the advantages in his favor. Oscar DLH brought Hopkins down to 158 for their fight with him getting around 65-70% of the purse, same thing with him making Manny jump 2 weight classes to fight him and getting around 65 to 70% of the purse. JCC brought Pernell Whittaker down to 145 and fought him and got 65-70% of the purse. Same with Leonard and Lalonde in '89.

The man with more power and leverage will use it to his advantage.
    If Miguel Cotto was the bigger star and #1 p4p everything would be in his favor, as in fight weight, purse %, fight venue, etc. Am I saying it's right, no, but that's the nature of the business side of the sport.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"Manny: Knows he might get the living shit beat out of him, so he is trying to score financially and professionally as much as possible".

***This is Pacquiao's mindset, that is why he called Bob Arum's attention right off the bat, after seeing Miguel Cotto's fight with Clottey at ringside.

I guess after witnessing Cotto being badly battered by Clottey the majority of the fight, but somehow managed to escape with a draw, he concluded that if he is to cherry pick, Cotto is his "man".

Miguel Cotto is the man and the fighter whom Pacquiao know will get the living shit beat out of him, but he however, will be ably compensated, provided that "he try to score financially and professionally as much as possible".

"Cotto: Knows he will defeat Manny and wants to get as much as possible financially while doing it".

Does this mean that he is sure of defeating Manny? That....

**** he is willing for the fight to be cancelled as long as his demands that he regards with utmost importance, are not met.

...that even if a viewed, sure win gone kaput, will deny him of a place in history, the biggest paycheck of his boxing career, and most high profile fight with the unlimited potential in the future?

He is willing to risk all of the above as long as he in turn "can" deny the demands of Pacquiao's camp?

Smart man that he is, how he can forego a "sure win" ?

Well I guess peace of mind in getting all your demands met, when you are the big dog in the negotiating table, is more important, smart man that he is.

Thread Information