Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default From the heart

I think I’ll use my 3000th post on this great forum to make clear once and for all my sentiments regarding ODLH, Cotto, and the tiresome back-and-forth debate that has gone one endlessly with a couple of posters (and one in particular, who just seems to regurgitate the same stuff over and over and over again).

Yes, I dislike Oscar de la Hoya and always have. No, I’ve never stooped to calling him a “fag”, stupid, or anything like that. On the contrary, I’ve always made it my point to mention Oscar’s business smarts… and in a recent thread, even mentioned how I thought Oscar the promoter would be good for boxing’s future.

But dare to disagree about Oscar’s place among boxing’s greats, and I get the same song-and-dance from the same posters, with outrageous claims about both Oscar and Cotto, their favorite fighter to hate.

And for the record, I HAVE stated how I back up my opinions MANY times in the past. I just get tired of having to post the same stuff over and over again (unlike the two posters I’m alluding to).

For example, I’ve mentioned how some of Oscar’s supposed great victories have come against either over-the-hill fighters (see: Julio Cesar Chavez), or fighters that Felix Trinidad had coincidentially previously destroyed (see: Fernando Vargas, Oba Carr, Ricardo Mayorga). He’s also been handed some gifts (see: Felix Sturm). Yes, he’s had some good ones, such as Ike Quartey, to mention one. But he’s nowhere near the “boxing god” that his blind fans would like him to be. And, IMHO, he definitely soiled his sparkling white image when he blatantly ducked the REAL welterweights to go after a much smaller Pacquaio, who he thought would be easy prey. We all saw how THAT turned out, didn’t we.

But none of that is the reason I dislike ODLH. My real reason for disliking Oscar is that again, IMHO, he comes across as fake. His driving force for a long time has always been to build his damn “legacy.” He has shrewdly taken advantage of the pedestal that HBO has always been bent on putting him on. He’s always been very calculating about his career. Yes, that could be considered a virtue by some, but for my money, I prefer the fighter that goes full speed ahead… legacies be damned.

Anyway, Oscar was “born” in boxing with a silver spoon in his mouth, sort to speak. And if he’s helped boxing’s popularity along the way, all the more power to him. Just don’t ask me to go pay homage at his statue.

On the other hand, the Cotto haters (you know who you are by now) just keep spouting the same crap over and over and over again, to the point of nausea. You claim to be able to go through Cotto’s opponents one by one and discredit them as credible opponents. What a bunch of crap! I can take the same list of opponents and tell you that each one had a decent record and was a very tough opponent in some way.

And by the way, have you sneaked a peak at your beloved JCC’s list of his first 45 or so opponents? It’s enough to make anyone lose their lunch.

So let me end this tirade by saying that I will not be repeating these things very much longer, mostly because there’s a saying that says that…. “There’s no one blinder than he who does not want to see…” or something to that effect.

Hey, I love this place and hope to post at least 3,000 MORE times.

Cheers,
    TitoFan

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: From the heart

Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh, by the way... some of Cotto's weaknesses we Cotto fans never mention:

1. He seems to have a stamina problem.
    2. He has some problems solving power-punching southpaws.
    3. He sometimes forgets his defense and gets tagged.

On the plus side, he works hard to improve his weaknesses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oscar destroys Cotto, he totally outboxed Mosley in their second, outboxed Trinidad almost every round, made him look foolish and a terrible fighter. Gave Mayweather he second most competitive fight. Gave Hopkins 6 competitive rounds. Always fought the best guys, always held his own except against Pacquiao.

As for Cotto haters? Most people on here love Cotto like no other. He is a really good fighter, but his durability is hardly that great, and he isn't the best boxer in the world. He's definitely good, and one of my favorite fighters, but Oscar in his prime would have stopped Cotto in 6.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I think I’ll use my 3000th post on this great forum to make clear once and for all my sentiments regarding ODLH, Cotto, and the tiresome back-and-forth debate that has gone one endlessly with a couple of posters (and one in particular, who just seems to regurgitate the same stuff over and over and over again).

Yes, I dislike Oscar de la Hoya and always have. No, I’ve never stooped to calling him a “fag”, stupid, or anything like that. On the contrary, I’ve always made it my point to mention Oscar’s business smarts… and in a recent thread, even mentioned how I thought Oscar the promoter would be good for boxing’s future.

But dare to disagree about Oscar’s place among boxing’s greats, and I get the same song-and-dance from the same posters, with outrageous claims about both Oscar and Cotto, their favorite fighter to hate.

And for the record, I HAVE stated how I back up my opinions MANY times in the past. I just get tired of having to post the same stuff over and over again (unlike the two posters I’m alluding to).

For example, I’ve mentioned how some of Oscar’s supposed great victories have come against either over-the-hill fighters (see: Julio Cesar Chavez), or fighters that Felix Trinidad had coincidentially previously destroyed (see: Fernando Vargas, Oba Carr, Ricardo Mayorga). He’s also been handed some gifts (see: Felix Sturm). Yes, he’s had some good ones, such as Ike Quartey, to mention one. But he’s nowhere near the “boxing god” that his blind fans would like him to be. And, IMHO, he definitely soiled his sparkling white image when he blatantly ducked the REAL welterweights to go after a much smaller Pacquaio, who he thought would be easy prey. We all saw how THAT turned out, didn’t we.

But none of that is the reason I dislike ODLH. My real reason for disliking Oscar is that again, IMHO, he comes across as fake. His driving force for a long time has always been to build his damn “legacy.” He has shrewdly taken advantage of the pedestal that HBO has always been bent on putting him on. He’s always been very calculating about his career. Yes, that could be considered a virtue by some, but for my money, I prefer the fighter that goes full speed ahead… legacies be damned.

Anyway, Oscar was “born” in boxing with a silver spoon in his mouth, sort to speak. And if he’s helped boxing’s popularity along the way, all the more power to him. Just don’t ask me to go pay homage at his statue.

On the other hand, the Cotto haters (you know who you are by now) just keep spouting the same crap over and over and over again, to the point of nausea. You claim to be able to go through Cotto’s opponents one by one and discredit them as credible opponents. What a bunch of crap! I can take the same list of opponents and tell you that each one had a decent record and was a very tough opponent in some way.

And by the way, have you sneaked a peak at your beloved JCC’s list of his first 45 or so opponents? It’s enough to make anyone lose their lunch.

So let me end this tirade by saying that I will not be repeating these things very much longer, mostly because there’s a saying that says that…. “There’s no one blinder than he who does not want to see…” or something to that effect.

Cheers,
    TitoFan

Man you sure told those two guys!! Those idiots probably dont even know youre talking about them
    The key is Self-discipline.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cheers,
    TitoFan
    Alright buddy seriously speaking, I'll come forward and say "My name's Onix and I am a Cotto Hater"

Haha, you know I'm not. Let me ask you this, how can you claim to not want to keep talking about the same thing and being annoyed about the same things being brought up and then dedicate your 3000th post to the same thing?

I feel internet offended here, you bring up all the these points that are obviously things Chino has brought up then you call out two "Cotto Haters"

So I am calling you out! You want to know why people keep bringing up the same things against your arguments? Because you dont respond or answer questions, you answer questions with questions. That means you have no back up to your arguments, so I personally will bring up topics again and again until you answer. I can give you examples of this, I want you to give me an example of where I have kept repeating the same thing about Cotto.

...ps If you werent talking about me disregard
    Last edited by Onix; 01-17-2009 at 04:50 AM.

XaduBoxer Guest

My friend Tito, since you mentioned Cotto's perceived weaknesses, did you realized that Cotto's perceived weaknesses are PAC's strengths?? (Although no. 3 is also a PAC weakness)

I'm not suggesting PAC should challenge Cotto and exploits Cotto's perceived weaknesses...

Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OnixAA View Post

Cheers,
    TitoFan
    Alright buddy seriously speaking, I'll come forward and say "My name's Onix and I am a Cotto Hater"

Haha, you know I'm not. Let me ask you this, how can you claim to not want to keep talking about the same thing and being annoyed about the same things being brought up and then dedicate your 3000th post to the same thing?

I feel internet offended here, you bring up all the these points that are obviously things Chino has brought up then you call out two "Cotto Haters"

So I am calling you out! You want to know why people keep bringing up the same things against your arguments? Because you dont respond or answer questions, you answer questions with questions. That means you have no back up to your arguments, so I personally will bring up topics again and again until you answer. I can give you examples of this, I want you to give me an example of where I have kept repeating the same thing about Cotto.

If it'll make you feel any better, you're only slightly annoying sometimes... whereas Chino is downright obnoxious.

As for my answering questions with questions, just go back and read my thread-opening post again. A lot of answers are there. But frankly, if I say one of Cotto's opponents on his way up (say... Abdullaev, for instance) was a very credible opponent... and you and Chino say he was crap... how does anyone win that argument? It all boils down to opinion. Get my point?

Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post
    Oscar destroys Cotto, he totally outboxed Mosley in their second (false), outboxed Trinidad almost every round, made him look foolish and a terrible fighter (and yet lost a decision in his own backyard.... go figure ). Gave (the undersized, Oscar's M.O.) Mayweather the second most competitive fight. Gave Hopkins 6 competitive rounds (utter bullsh*t... he folded like a lawn chair from a grazing body shot). Always fought the best guys (yeah, after they were over-the-hill, or Tito's roadkill), always held his own except against Pacquiao. Don't forget to mention Sturm.

As for Cotto haters? Most people on here love Cotto like no other (not at the beginning... it's been earned fight after hard-fought fight). He is a really good fighter, but his durability is hardly that great, and he isn't the best boxer in the world (nobody's claiming he is, unlike your "DLH walks on water" crap). He's definitely good, and one of my favorite fighters, but Oscar in his prime would have stopped Cotto in 6 (That's your opinion. I personally think it would've been much closer).
    Please refer to my comments above.
    Have a nice day.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cheers,
    TitoFan

If it'll make you feel any better, you're only slightly annoying sometimes... whereas Chino is downright obnoxious.

As for my answering questions with questions, just go back and read my thread-opening post again. A lot of answers are there. But frankly, if I say one of Cotto's opponents on his way up (say... Abdullaev, for instance) was a very credible opponent... and you and Chino say he was crap... how does anyone win that argument? It all boils down to opinion. Get my point?

Again, I'd like for you to at least give me the name of one thread where I have disected Cotto's resume, then i'll leave this argument alone. There is only one fight that I mention in regards to Cotto, which is the Margo fight.
    How can taking apart his resume upset you? you have done the same thing to DLH's resume in this very thread! Thats just being a plain hypocrite.

At the end of the day you are defending your countrys fighters thats what it really boils down to. Your mad at Oscar cuz he schooled Tito (Yes I know the idiot gave away the fight afterwards), I would say you're mad at Cotto for losing to Margarito after putting on a brilliant display in the first 6 rounds.

I dont mind debating with you, the thing that pisses me off is that youre trying to come off as if you are taking some sort of moral high ground by saying you're no longer going to reply to these posts over and over, shut the F**K up, you enjoy debating as much as everyone else on this forum. So cut out all the I'm not gonna stoop to there level BS, your thread was made to get our attentiion in the first place.

PS. Im still your friend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I feel the same way about Oscar,I dont know if I would call him great?He`s had A long carear,and he`s been in with,not everybody,as same claim,but he`s been in with Great opponents throughout his carear,but.

You gotta look at the fight`d for what they were,Hell his best Victiry was probably?I dont know?...Vargas?...This after trinidad had lierially destroyed him as A fighter.Hell,for every person you find that thought he won against Whitaker and Ike Quartey you could find someone else who thought Oscar lost those fight`s,Myself included,Sturm,...Clearly Oscar lost that fight,Mayweather,Mosley,Stopped by Hoplins,Flat-out enbarassed By Pac.Oscar has been in Alot of big fught`s,but the fact is he has lost most of the biggest one`s,and even some of the one`s he won he might have lost.Oscar get`s alot of credit for cashing all the pay dheck`s that he did,But Yori Boy Campus also Fought everybody also,and for alot less Money,putting forth far more effort,and I dont hear anybody claiming how great he is?Oscar was born with A Golden spoon in his mouth like the poster said above and in some people`s mind can do no wrong.

Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Again, I'd like for you to at least give me the name of one thread where I have disected Cotto's resume, then i'll leave this argument alone. There is only one fight that I mention in regards to Cotto, which is the Margo fight.
    How can taking apart his resume upset you? you have done the same thing to DLH's resume in this very thread! Thats just being a plain hypocrite.

At the end of the day you are defending your countrys fighters thats what it really boils down to. Your mad at Oscar cuz he schooled Tito (Yes I know the idiot gave away the fight afterwards), I would say you're mad at Cotto for losing to Margarito after putting on a brilliant display in the first 6 rounds.

I dont mind debating with you, the thing that pisses me off is that youre trying to come off as if you are taking some sort of moral high ground by saying you're no longer going to reply to these posts over and over, shut the F**K up, you enjoy debating as much as everyone else on this forum. So cut out all the I'm not gonna stoop to there level BS, your thread was made to get our attentiion in the first place.

Without me going back and reading every post you've ever made... you're going to tell me you've NEVER discredited Cotto's previous opponents? Never? Well, it must've been Chino doing it enough for the both of you. If you've never done that, my apologies. As far as my being "mad" at Cotto for losing to Margo after dominating the first 6 rounds, that's not entirely correct. Sure, I was totally disappointed... what other Cotto fan wouldn't be? But I was happy that he gave his all in the ring and was just stalked down by a heavier puncher with an iron chin.

Hey, I don't mind debating either. Just don't you or Chino continuously rehash the same sh*t over and over again about how Cotto's resume is crap, when in actuality all he's ever done is fight whomever they put in front of him. Don't forget that Margarito was one of the most avoided fighters on the planet, and by some big names, at that.

In the end, no fighter is invincible. I'm just proud to have a fighter from my homeland who comports himself with grit and class in and out of the ring.

(And before you cut in with your quip about Cotto not giving a post-fight interview after Margarito, save it. We've been through that song and dance before).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SaddoBoxer View Post

My friend Tito, since you mentioned Cotto's perceived weaknesses, did you realized that Cotto's perceived weaknesses are PAC's strengths?? (Although no. 3 is also a PAC weakness)

I'm not suggesting PAC should challenge Cotto and exploits Cotto's perceived weaknesses...

this getting silly now,

why are there a few posters that insist on linking every damn thread to pacquiao, as you said no. 3 isnt a strenght of pac's and as far as no.2 is concerned he is a power punching southpaw so it would be worrying if they confused him ,

so what is your point ? he has great stamina??

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Without me going back and reading every post you've ever made... you're going to tell me you've NEVER discredited Cotto's previous opponents? Never? Well, it must've been Chino doing it enough for the both of you. If you've never done that, my apologies. As far as my being "mad" at Cotto for losing to Margo after dominating the first 6 rounds, that's not entirely correct. Sure, I was totally disappointed... what other Cotto fan wouldn't be? But I was happy that he gave his all in the ring and was just stalked down by a heavier puncher with an iron chin.

Hey, I don't mind debating either. Just don't you or Chino continuously rehash the same sh*t over and over again about how Cotto's resume is crap,Again I have never discredited Cotto's resume, ever! when in actuality all he's ever done is fight whomever they put in front of him. Don't forget that Margarito was one of the most avoided fighters on the planet, and by some big names, at that.

In the end, no fighter is invincible. I'm just proud to have a fighter from my homeland who comports himself with grit and class in and out of the ring.

(And before you cut in with your quip about Cotto not giving a post-fight interview after Margarito, save it. We've been through that song and dance before). Of course you dont want me to bring this up, it discredits your point...so if I did bring it up you start saying I'm "obnoxious"

See above

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SaddoBoxer View Post

This made me chuckle.

Thread Information