Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Amatuer sites

Can anybody give me some sites to visit to learn about the amatuers? Things like the rules & regulations and just everything I could learn about it. Anything will be appreciated. Thanks.

Oh yeah, today is my birthday! Sweet 16! ha ha

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Amatuer sites

This has some of it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxing#Olympic_boxing

I'll post about who and how the bouts are sanctioned by etc another time, Olympic is slightly different to an average club fight.

I do know if you want to compete you need an ABA licensed coach and you need to get a medical filled out by an ABA certified doctor after that you pay £30 for a license which you get back after 5 bouts. Once you get your card you can fight at shows put on by other boxing clubs or just venues wanting to ake in some money off it.

Once you've had the match made (will be done between coachs and clubs, they'll have list of your boxers and their age and weight) you simply turn up at the venue and go to a shared (usually) changing room, you got weighed in and an official checks your card and how many bouts you've had, then you see a doctor who checks your breathing etc.

if your weight is right and the other lad is there then the bout is sanctioned and thats it. If not there may be a spare there (he gets weighed in etc but there isn't a definite fight for him, fights are agreed between clubs but nothing is official till the night, no commisions weeks before etc... so a spare could walk in with out having a match made and be used if the opponent didn't show or was too light/heavy)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Amatuer sites

a nother good web site is www.usaboxing.org great website they will show you the ranks and every thing else

Thread Information