Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Bernard is rattled.. goes off on Toney, Tarver and Dawson lol

" If you cowards think I'll let you slide from them comments you made...trust me, I got you bitch ass chumps, " Hopkins shouted off..

Im sure the three men are trembling in cold sweat right about now cuz Hops isn't going to let them slide..

On Chad Dawson: Yes I want the rematch to prove I am the man. Chad Dawson aint shit but a sucka. Chad talked all that shit after the fight stopped. I hit that hoe with a body shot and I heard the air come out of him.

^^ when did this happen? Im tellin you. Bernard has always been an illusionist..

On James Toney: James Toney talking alot of shit. He's broke, fighting to get some money. I remember when he got the achilles tendon injury. He fell on the floor crying like a baby. James Toney is a phony. He got his ass beat in UFC by by Randy. Didn't he test positive for steroids? He's pimping his name for a check.

As if he can do any better against Coutoure. And Achilles tendon injury is actually painful unlike his alleged shoulder dislocation.

On Antonio Tarver: Antonio Tarver talking all that shit. The same guy I whooped.... and begged Buddy McGirt to tell him something so he wouldn't get knocked out. Tarver, the same cat who will be broke , and still fighting to look for a check. Tarver, you can do all the talking you want... I beat your ass period!! Then you had the nerve to say you would have knocked me out.

I guess he got Tarver there but Tarver never faked himself in the ring. He once fought Eric Harding with a broken jaw!!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Bernard is rattled.. goes off on Toney, Tarver and Dawson lol

Go Bhop! I'd love all of these fights to be made.

The Executioner can take em all!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Link?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Toney would school old man BHop. Toney is a fat man who has more than held his own at HW and done so looking like Slimer from Ghostbusters. Natural talent oozes from his veins like cholesterol clogs his arteries.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    Toney would school old man BHop. Toney is a fat man who has more than held his own at HW and done so looking like Slimer from Ghostbusters. Natural talent oozes from his veins like cholesterol clogs his arteries.
    Once upon a time Miles.

I'm guessing you missed his fights with Danny Batchelder, Fres Oquendo and Randy Couture...

He has had some absolute stinkers in the last few years. Credit to him though, he's somehow managed to find the motivation to shed all that weight. I hope he doesn't end up looking like Chris Byrd against Shaun George as a result.

Personally I think Hopkins beats Toney.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    Once upon a time Miles.

I'm guessing you missed his fights with Danny Batchelder, Fres Oquendo and Randy Couture...

He has had some absolute stinkers in the last few years. Credit to him though, he's somehow managed to find the motivation to shed all that weight. I hope he doesn't end up looking like Chris Byrd against Shaun George as a result.

I agree.

Toney was a fantastic boxer in his day but those days are long gone.

Old man Hopkins beats him at this stage easily.

Prime for Prime would of been a great fight. 50/50 fight imo.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pugilistic View Post
    Once upon a time Miles.

I agree.

Exactly and he was/is still a much better boxer than Hopkins.. Strictly based on skillsets, Toney is a notch above Hopkins. Nobody can dispute this. What Hopkins had that Toney lacked was work ethic and discipline and these two qualities are the main reasons why he's able to fight at his age.. That doesn't mean that he's a better fighter though.. Think of how many wars Toney has fought compared to Bernard Hopkins. That also has to taken into consideration on why one is more spent than the other.

People keep bringin up Hop's longevity and that's cool but what's more important is how they performed during their prime. We have to judge them by how they were at their best..

Toney is a much better boxer than him, technically.. Toney fights with more skills while BErnard has more guile.

Toney > BCon

El Kabong Guest

BHop has always been a curmudgeon, he's always playing the victim. He was a great middleweight, but his biggest wins were vs smaller fighters and when he finally fought a good full sized middleweight he lost, twice.

Prime for prime I think Toney is better than Hopkins. That would have been one UGLY fight, but I do think Toney could have beaten him.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    BHop has always been a curmudgeon, he's always playing the victim. He was a great middleweight, but his biggest wins were vs smaller fighters and when he finally fought a good full sized middleweight he lost, twice.

Prime for prime I think Toney is better than Hopkins. That would have been one UGLY fight, but I do think Toney could have beaten him.
    I don't agree with that at all. Tarver, Pavlik, Calzaghe and Pascal were all excellent big fighters, better than Jermain, and he beat three out of four, and ran the other very close.

He didn't lose to Jermain because he was too big.

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The tko of Taylor was there for the taking for Hopkins in 1st, but he took shit for granted and tried to play perfection. That was one of those throw bottles at the tv fights in frustration if your a Hopkins fan.

I take Hopkins all day in a 'what if' fight had they met. Toney was a trap setter and his 6' punch was 2nd to none but it really does come down to work ethic for me at that point. This wasn't Hopkins in pure sniper mode and Toney was too patient for his own good and I think Hopkins was to sharp. He would not have fallen into his inside game and think he keeps Toney turning on some flat feet.

And on the link...Tarver just needs to shut up. I mean really.
    Last edited by Spicoli; 10-22-2011 at 09:10 PM.

Mentioned
    1679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Now that B Hop has got the title back he can talk as much BS as he wants. He will not fight Dawson again out of spite, he has already beaten Tarver and Toney is at another weight.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugilistic View Post
    Once upon a time Miles.

I agree.

Exactly and he was/is still a much better boxer than Hopkins.. Strictly based on skillsets, Toney is a notch above Hopkins. Nobody can dispute this. What Hopkins had that Toney lacked was work ethic and discipline and these two qualities are the main reasons why he's able to fight at his age.. That doesn't mean that he's a better fighter though.. Think of how many wars Toney has fought compared to Bernard Hopkins. That also has to taken into consideration on why one is more spent than the other.

People keep bringin up Hop's longevity and that's cool but what's more important is how they performed during their prime. We have to judge them by how they were at their best..

Toney is a much better boxer than him, technically.. Toney fights with more skills while BErnard has more guile.

Toney > BCon
    I don't think they are far apart skillset wise prime for prime but i do agree that Toney was more naturally gifted/talented. Hopkins had to work harder on the fundamentals to get to the level he was at and is still close to now.

It's unfortunate that Toney's lack of discipline and work ethic cost him throughout his career. To me, he is an underachiever and considering what he had achieved (which is alot for your average boxer), you still can't help but feel that way. That's how good Toney was.

As a Toney fan (which i think you are) what fights should i watch to really see a "prime" Toney ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

LOL
    undisputedly a better actor than Hopkins. He was a mean looking Joe Frazier in that movie.

I must catch up with this Toney guy, I've only seen that fight where Roy Jones made him look like an amateur.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[/QUOTE] LOL
    undisputedly a better actor than Hopkins. He was a mean looking Joe Frazier in that movie.

I must catch up with this Toney guy, I've only seen that fight where Roy Jones made him look like an amateur.[/QUOTE]
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Find this fight against (Vassiliy Jirov) in 2003, Toney may have been just a little past his best by that time but I think it was one of his best performances ever for the Cruiserweight title.

Thread Information