Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Forget the rematch , Hearn to meet HBO next week

Just read he has a big meeting after he's done in Canada with the Bellew fight.

Ward , Chavez and Golovkin are the talking points, I've heard Froch really wants to fight in Vegas (finally) and with maybe only 2-3 fights left think he'll swerve a Groves rematch.

If he manages to beat Ward and fight him first I think he'd retire after that anyway ;-)

http://www.worldboxingnews.net/news/2013/11/27/hearn-and-hbo-set-to-discuss-froch-fights-with-ward-chavez-and-golovkin.html
    Last edited by smashup; 11-28-2013 at 12:13 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Forget the rematch , Hearn to meet HBO next week

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post

Ward , Chavez and Golovkin are the talking points, I've heard Froch really wants to fight in Vegas (finally) and with maybe only 2-3 fights left think he'll swerve a Groves rematch.

If he manages to beat Ward and fight him first I think he'd retire after that anyway ;-)

World Boxing News - Hearn and HBO set to discuss Froch fights with Ward, Chavez and Golovkin
    Ward would stop froch in a rematch golovkin also stops froch only see him beating Chavez

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

chavez is the perfect fight for him. he will make good money and get an easy win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think it sucks that they aren't trying to give Groves the rematch he deserves.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by g3org3 View Post

World Boxing News - Hearn and HBO set to discuss Froch fights with Ward, Chavez and Golovkin
    Ward would stop froch in a rematch golovkin also stops froch only see him beating Chavez
    totally crazy talk
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ninjaspy3 View Post
    I think it sucks that they aren't trying to give Groves the rematch he deserves.
    I think it's great news that Groves isn't getting the rematch. he wouldn't get a fair shake against Hearns' cash cow, That's already proven. He's a free agent, he should be looking to get the promoter who can deliver a shot at Stieglitz's WBO Title. He's next in line on their rankings after Abraham and Abraham has already been KO'd by him 6 months ago.No Guarantees that he beats him, but at least he won't get robbed.
    As for Froch, I know Amir Khan has his own agenda, but one thing he said I agree with: whoever Froch fights next, he gets beat. I personally think HBO will see Froch as an easy title to get to enhance the credibility of either GGG or Chavez jr. Froch has been exposed big time!

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    I think it's great news that Groves isn't getting the rematch. he wouldn't get a fair shake against Hearns' cash cow, That's already proven. He's a free agent, he should be looking to get the promoter who can deliver a shot at Stieglitz's WBO Title. He's next in line on their rankings after Abraham and Abraham has already been KO'd by him 6 months ago.No Guarantees that he beats him, but at least he won't get robbed.
    As for Froch, I know Amir Khan has his own agenda, but one thing he said I agree with: whoever Froch fights next, he gets beat. I personally think HBO will see Froch as an easy title to get to enhance the credibility of either GGG or Chavez jr. Froch has been exposed big time!
    what exactly has froch been exposed as?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    Slow
    Flat Footed
    Susceptible to the big overhand Right
    Generally easy to hit.
    Inability to throw decent combinations - see flat footed
    Resort to Dirty tactics when desperate (forearms , elbows, hitting on the break, etc.) - I actually think this also shows good character that he doesn't want to lose to be fair.

And the only other thing he's got going for him is an undoubted granite chin! but you don't win fights by TAKING Punches.
    let's not forget that before the fight , "Groves didn't deserve to be in the same ring , would run all night and was definitely getting flattened early GUARANTEED!"

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Slow
    Flat Footed
    Generally easy to hit.
    Resort to Dirty tactics when desperate (forearms , elbows, hitting on the break, etc.) - I actually think this also shows good character that he doesn't want to lose to be fair.

And the only other thing he's got going for him is an undoubted granite chin! but you don't win fights by TAKING Punches.
    let's not forget that before the fight , "Groves didn't deserve to be in the same ring , would run all night and was definitely getting flattened early GUARANTEED!"
    was he exposed as all these against pascal, taylor, kessler, abraham, johnson, bute?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by g3org3 View Post

totally crazy talk
    Yeah Ward has no chance of stopping froch, even an old fading version. He would have to outbox, hold headbutt him again. I don't wanna see that

As much as I'd like carl to rematch groves, I think it makes sense to keep his options open. If it makes financial sense to fight someone else but if he chooses another guy for less money than groves then we can label it a duck

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Slow
    Flat Footed
    Generally easy to hit.

You are 100% correct.

Froch running for a fight with Ward on the back of a humiliating loss is an absurdity. Froch should be ashamed and Hearn should be investigated for crimes against the English public. Rematch and nothing else.

Hearn should be criminally investigated. Every fight of his should have a thread questioning its validity. Corruption is allowed by ignoring it, it should be constantly checked.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Froch 2 or 3 fights away from retirement has ben exposed as a bit shit, a bit of a plodder but a right hard cunt

Welcome to ten years ago
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Froch has never ducked anyone m in my opinion and at least he took on a young fighter like groves..JC never did (at same stage)

Untill frochs next fight is set we can leave all the ducking talk out of it.

So easy to forget what this guy has achieved and is still doing at nearly 37 years old..

Froch did beat groves but it should not have been stopped. In the rematch, froch will wait again till the latter stages of the fight and strike like he usually does!

I want groves to take the reigns and be the next big thing but lets not count froch out yet as he was surprised more than all of us in groves performance.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This Froch superstar rubbish needs to stop. He lost this fight clearly, he lost to Ward clearly, his major wins are against chinny Bute, hands up Abraham, chinny Taylor, road horse Johnson, Kessler after he was old enough, and that is Froch for you. Calzaghe would have humiliated him, rubbed his weirdly long nose in shame, and it would have been done with, but instead Froch is supposedly in talks for a money fight after that? It's a disgrace.

Hearn and Froch need to be slapped with a kipper simultaneously whilst Grove gets the money fight.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    This Froch superstar rubbish needs to stop. He lost this fight clearly, he lost to Ward clearly, his major wins are against chinny Bute, hands up Abraham, chinny Taylor, road horse Johnson, Kessler after he was old enough, and that is Froch for you. Calzaghe would have humiliated him, rubbed his weirdly long nose in shame, and it would have been done with, but instead Froch is supposedly in talks for a money fight after that? It's a disgrace.

Hearn and Froch need to be slapped with a kipper simultaneously whilst Grove gets the money fight.
    Who said Froch was a superstar? He thinks he is no doubt but who here says that?
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Thread Information