Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Another fighter robbed...

Well with the knockdown I thought it was pretty obvious Kassim Ouma clearly won what was otherwise a close fight.

But yet again I was wrong.

97-92 and 97-93 scores for the Armenian.

Fucking piece of shit judges, Ouma re dedicates himself and works hard in a hard fight and won it and got SCREWED.

I hate judging in boxing. Terrible.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Another fighter robbed...

No arguments here. Ouma dictated the pace of the fight and seemed to land more clean punches, plus he had the knockdown. I wonder how much the judges were influenced by the setting. Not so much the pro-Vanes crowd, but Top Rank's whole selling point of the show was "You're gonna see future champs," and then for their first main event to have a "future champ" get beat by an older guy would look bad.

Mentioned
    1676 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good to know Ouma is not finished, he was a very good fighter.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah, I couldn't believe the judges scores. Ouma won that fight but it was reasonably close. But with the knockdown it seemed obvious Ouma won. And then for the scores to be that far even with the knockdown is just plain predetermined. Judges in boxing will never change themselves and boxing somehow chooses to remain lacksadaisical towards good change. Judges need reprimand and accountability. But this will pass and boxing will continue to have bad decisions for more decades to come.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Also, none of the mainstream articles I read about the fight (ESPN, Yahoo!Sports, etc.) even suggested it may have been a bad decision. They both just re-ran the Associated Press article, which said Vanes "used his speed and timing to neutralize Ouma's aggressiveness." Nor did the Top Rank announcers question the decision, even though one of them said he had Ouma winning at the end. "Well, that's why we're sitting here and they're the judges," was their final verdict on the decision. I feel like it it were an ESPN fight, Teddy Atlas would have called out the judges.

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When you think about it in real terms, It would only take two judges to take A few bookmakers for millions, Pick two fighters with good beards get your relatives abroad to make the bets,take your cut in cash at a later date.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Well with the knockdown I thought it was pretty obvious Kassim Ouma clearly won what was otherwise a close fight.

Fucking piece of shit judges, Ouma re dedicates himself and works hard in a hard fight and won it and got SCREWED.

The score should have been closer than the judges had it without a doubt, but the fight was one of those that could have gone either way and I leaned toward Vanes. Ouma was aggressive but I'm not so sure it was effective aggresiveness. And after the knock down in the 9th, Vanes won the rest of the round and then had his best round in the 10th. One thing is for certain, Vanes ain't ready for the top of the division yet if he had that kind of trouble with Ouma.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was really surprised how great a fight Ouma fought. His defence was great, body and head movement amazing, good speed, but only lacks power , even at WW he's a below average puncher. He won this fight 6-4 ( by 3 points ) on my card. So I wouldnt call it a robbery but a bad decision . If Martirosyan won by a point it wouldnt be that big of a deal but he won by 5 ok , thats just criminal . We should get some type of protest against those scores so Ouma can get a immediate rematch. Btw , i said Vanes was the prospect of the year so i was a big believer but after that fight i just hope Ouma gets justcie in a rematch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

this by no means was not a robbery! the only think ridiculous was the incredibly one sided scoring. i had vanes winning by one point. ouma punched harder but i think vanes won it because he was alot more busier.

having said that, vanes IS NOT ready for a title anytime soon. other prospects like alfredo angulo would destroy this kid. they better keep him away from angulo or james kirtland (when he gets out of jail) because both would KO him easily. and that proposed fight between vanes and sergio martinez? forget about it! martinez by murder if is happens.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post

The score should have been closer than the judges had it without a doubt, but the fight was one of those that could have gone either way and I leaned toward Vanes. Ouma was aggressive but I'm not so sure it was effective aggresiveness. And after the knock down in the 9th, Vanes won the rest of the round and then had his best round in the 10th. One thing is for certain, Vanes ain't ready for the top of the division yet if he had that kind of trouble with Ouma.
    Vanes won the last 15 seconds of the 10th round. That doesn't mean he won the round. And he clearly lost what was a close fight.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wouldnt call it robbery, there were close rounds. I was just a lil put off by the wide margin on all 3 cards, I thought it was gonna be a SD for Vanes. Thats 3 judges giving all the close rounds to Vanes....Ouma could have won it if he closed out some of those close rounds strong, he seemed to ease up after starting strong in rounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You know, decisions in fights like these are predictable even to casual fan's.
    If it is unattractive to people who follow the sport imagine to someone who does not.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

guess this dude didn't watch shit, cause he was way off

Martirosyan dominates in victory at Hard Rock - Sports - ReviewJournal.com

"In his quest to move forward on the path toward a world-title shot this year, Vanes Martirosyan wanted to make sure he didn't take any steps backward in his first fight in 2010.

The reigning NABF and NABO super welterweight champion showed no signs of slippage Saturday, dominating Kassim Ouma and earning a 10-round unanimous decision in the main event of Top Rank's fight card at the Hard Rock Hotel.

Martirosyan (27-0) displayed his newfound patience in the ring, not allowing himself to get flustered and using his lethal left hand to dominate Ouma (26-7-1)."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well I think Vanes won this fight by doing that flip thing when he got knocked down. It basically neutralized the point deduction.

Only thing I think Vanes did better than Ouma that night was body work and a the occasional big punch. Although Ouma was landing cleaner and more often. Does that make any sense at all?? LOL

I would imagine the punch stats would be something like:
    Vanes: 165:650
    Ouma: 200:650

I had Ouma up by a point going into the 11th.. then the knockdown. I didn't see Vanes really "winning the rest of that round" to tie it up. I mean he landed a few more punches after that... But clearly he was trying to return the favor of putting his ass on the canvas, which he could not do.
    Last edited by JonnyFolds; 01-20-2010 at 04:37 PM.
    "Floyd needs to inject Xylocaine into his balls to gain the courage to fight Pacquiao."

- and I quote from some random guy on the internet

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyFolds View Post
    Well I think Vanes won this fight by doing that flip thing when he got knocked down. It basically neutralized the point deduction.

Only thing I think Vanes did better than Ouma that night was body work and a the occasional big punch. Although Ouma was landing cleaner and more often. Does that make any sense at all?? LOL

I would imagine the punch stats would be something like:
    Vanes: 165:650
    Ouma: 200:650

I had Ouma up by a point going into the 11th.. then the knockdown. I didn't see Vanes really "winning the rest of that round" to tie it up. I mean he landed a few more punches after that... But clearly he was trying to return the favor of putting his ass on the canvas, which he could not do.
    meaning that this fight was far from being a dominating win for Vanes

Thread Information