Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default How about GSP vs BJPenn 2?

Penn would like to move up to welterweight and fight current champion GSP for the title, not actually just for the title, but also for their unfinished business having controversy on their first fight.

Penn recently told Fighters Club TV that he will face the winner of UFC 87 between GSP and Jon Fitch, which St. Pierre ended up winning by unanimous decision. This opens up the chance for them to have the second fight that they wanted.

I would love to hear your thoughts on this....

BTW... Was the fight scheduled yet? I read an article that it will happen on January 31 2009, at the "UFC Super Bowl Weekend", but it is said that the schedule was TEMPORARY.

Probably this will be one of the biggest UFC PPV ever.
    Last edited by hit2win; 10-06-2008 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Typo error...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: How about GSP vs BJPenn 2?

I think penn's a loudmouth, disrespectful little prick. Beyond that, who the f does he think HE is to assume that he's automatically first in line? He moved down, now get to the back of the bus and earn another shot. I don't hear Anderson Silva calling out Forrest.

Second, there was no controversy in their first fight. Anyone who isn't a BJ blower (no pun intended) could see that GSP won that fight. Penn won the first round, sure, but last I heard there are 3 rounds for normal fights, 5 for title fights.

Fuck penn. I'm tired of hearing the guy whine and talk shit constantly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Von Milash View Post
    I think penn's a loudmouth, disrespectful little prick. Beyond that, who the f does he think HE is to assume that he's automatically first in line? He moved down, now get to the back of the bus and earn another shot. I don't hear Anderson Silva calling out Forrest.

Second, there was no controversy in their first fight. Anyone who isn't a BJ blower (no pun intended) could see that GSP won that fight. Penn won the first round, sure, but last I heard there are 3 rounds for normal fights, 5 for title fights.

Fuck penn. I'm tired of hearing the guy whine and talk shit constantly.
    That's why I'm confused that the fight is scheduled already? Knowing that Penn must take fights at welter and be at no.1 rank to be a champ contender?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I cant wait for GSP to destroy the most overated fighter in MMA history,and to hear what excuses his delustional fans well come up with ........... 'Penn gassed' 'Penn didn't take him sereous' 'Penn was injured' blah blah!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by njackets View Post
    I cant wait for GSP to destroy the most overated fighter in MMA history,and to hear what excuses his delustional fans well come up with ........... 'Penn gassed' 'Penn didn't take him sereous' 'Penn was injured' blah blah!
    obviously im a fan of bj penn.but man theres no way bj is the most overrated dude in mma HISTORY.and i dont even think hes overated.man he has beaten some badass fighter in any possible way you could imagine.and those are much bigger fighters.this guy right here is soooo talented he became a blackbelt in jui-jitsu fo fast like hes learnin his abcs.and his takedown defense..phenomenal.very unorthodox.though i think gsp is the best wrestler among welters.gsp really knows the fundamentals.but i think bjs takedown D is second to none.next is chucks.then gsps.and bj has some serious boxing skills.and when i say boxing,i mean technical boxing.its weird that when they fought,gsp was dub as the better "striker"cuz of his karate bckground.but look how bj dominated the standup.the ground was gsps last resort bcoz bjs rep as an A class grappler.i think he too got surprised he won the ground game.anyways,all i can say is bj penn is not overated and isnt known as the prodigy for no reason
    An empty can is always noisy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by the_pRoDiGy View Post
    obviously im a fan of bj penn.but man theres no way bj is the most overrated dude in mma HISTORY.and i dont even think hes overated.man he has beaten some badass fighter in any possible way you could imagine.and those are much bigger fighters.this guy right here is soooo talented he became a blackbelt in jui-jitsu fo fast like hes learnin his abcs.and his takedown defense..phenomenal.very unorthodox.though i think gsp is the best wrestler among welters.gsp really knows the fundamentals.but i think bjs takedown D is second to none.next is chucks.then gsps.and bj has some serious boxing skills.and when i say boxing,i mean technical boxing.its weird that when they fought,gsp was dub as the better "striker"cuz of his karate bckground.but look how bj dominated the standup.the ground was gsps last resort bcoz bjs rep as an A class grappler.i think he too got surprised he won the ground game.anyways,all i can say is bj penn is not overated and isnt known as the prodigy for no reason
    When ppl rate him as 1 of the Top 10 GOATS in the Sport,that is overeating him! I really dont get it with Penn,he loses more big fights than he wins! His TDD isn't as good as your making out,GSP took him down a few times in there last fight! Penn didn't dominate the stand up in the last fight at all! It was more a stale mate than anything else. Yes GSP face was marked up,does't mean he dominated,more the glancing blow that broke his nose,hardly dominante!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When ppl rate him as 1 of the Top 10 GOATS in the Sport,that is overeating him! I really dont get it with Penn,he loses more big fights than he wins! His TDD isn't as good as your making out,GSP took him down a few times in there last fight! Penn didn't dominate the stand up in the last fight at all! It was more a stale mate than anything else. Yes GSP face was marked up,does't mean he dominated,more the glancing blow that broke his nose,hardly dominante!
    that is why they shud have a rematch.the way GSP won wasnt expected at all.everyone thought gsps best chance to win was by standing up coz bjs ground game is excellent.as far as i know hes the only american whove won a WJJC!it was a surprised gsp chose to go to the ground..against fitch who is known for his ground game,he opted to stand up knowing hes the better striker..but against bj he didnt.why?and man.gsp won by split D.3 rounds and a split D?something shoulda be settled. and pls look how he prayed before the decision is announced.he knows its fwucken close!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

that is why they shud have a rematch.the way GSP won wasnt expected at all.everyone thought gsps best chance to win was by standing up coz bjs ground game is excellent.as far as i know hes the only american whove won a WJJC!it was a surprised gsp chose to go to the ground..against fitch who is known for his ground game,he opted to stand up knowing hes the better striker..but against bj he didnt.why?and man.gsp won by split D.3 rounds and a split D?something shoulda be settled. and pls look how he prayed before the decision is announced.he knows its fwucken close!
    Its really funny how only BJ Penn fans found that fight close!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

dude 29-28,28-29,29-28.yeah one round.one judge.a split D.if that aint close to you i cant convince you more,GSP fan

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well I thought the first fight was close. Two things have happened since...BJ's cardio seems to have improved and GSP's all around game has gotten better. So with what I see as two equally talented fighters I'm gonig with the bigger man. Both will have their moments standing and on the ground but I think the size and strength of GSP will ultimately win him another close decision.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Penn is a ground master and if he is in shape i think beats GSP. He was kicking his ass until he ran outta gas.

Lol at the guy saying Penn is over-rated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I also read somwere the fight was happening at that time but not set in stone yet.

Also that if GSP wins Dana White would try and set up a superfight at a catch weight between GSP and Anderson Silva.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBhoy View Post
    I also read somwere the fight was happening at that time but not set in stone yet.

Also that if GSP wins Dana White would try and set up a superfight at a catch weight between GSP and Anderson Silva.
    This I want to see, more then anything else. I am a GSP fan, because of national pride and because of his skill. It is also hard not to respect Silva for what he brings to the table.

My head tells me Silva would take this match, overwhelmingly. But my heart wants GSP to win. I would hope it would be a great, and possibly close fight as GSP seems to be improving in all areas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wouldn't say that. I'm a fan of GSP's. I work in Quebec though I live in Ottawa. He's a great fighter, but his fight with BJ was close. The difference for GSP was the takedowns and leg kicks. For BJ, the reason it was kept close was because of the cut/unintentional eyepoke. The shot that crunched GSP's nose also swayed the verdict because GSP had problems seeing and breathing all fight long.

I think the rematch won't be as close. GSP will beat him much more decisively.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

BJ Penn is a very talented fighter. You can dislike his mouth and attitude, and I don't find those things very attractive myself.

Unfortunately (or fortunately, as you might find it), he has to eat a lot of Doritos and not do a lot of roadwork in order to get to welterweight size.

GSP has to cut a ton of weight to make the weight limit. And he does it well.

If genetic lottery made GSP a natural light weight, this might make a really good fight that I (educated guess) Penn might win. But...

GSP is in a heavier weight class, and while you can argue their individual skills and talents all you want (and that is a great discussion, but moot IMHO) GSP is either going to rip off an arm or make Penn into a life-size bobble-head doll.

That's a sure bet.

Thread Information