Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Ufc 162

Anyone fancy chris to take anderson..silva is 37 now..what do you think?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Ufc 162

Chris has all of the tools that you'd want in a challenger but I don't think he is seasoned enough to handle the varied attack he is going to see. If he uses his striking and wrestling to put Anderson on the mat for GnP he will do well. If he tries to simply out strike Anderson then I don't think it goes well.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

El Kabong Guest

Silva's only true threats are Jones & GSP are they not? I mean everyone else he'll just pick apart. Plus I think in a rematch Machida will take out Jones.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jones for sure. I personally don't see a GSP/Silva fight as very competitive. George isn't a big WW and while he game plans with the best of them I'm not convinced he can be successful taking Silva down. He has a decent striking game but considering how he looked in the 3rd round when he briefly tried to strike with Diaz (who is a pretty one dimensional striker) I think Anderson tools him. I'd put my money on a 4th or 5th round stoppage for the Spider. I actually think Diaz might match up better against Silva than GSP does.

El Kabong Guest

Jones is an incredible athlete, but rumor is he parties pretty hard as well and that's no good for a fighter. Hell Belfort should have beaten him, he just didn't hold his submission long enough or hard enough...break that bastard's arm if he doesn't tap out

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

GSP and Silva would be a bad night for GSP. Only way he should take the fight (GSP) is if it is for one last giant payoff. Which might be coming. The injuries are adding up and it could mean career ending fight for him.

Jones is a beast.

Silva GOAT. of all time.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by VictorCharlie View Post
    George isn't a big WW and while he game plans with the best of them I'm not convinced he can be successful taking Silva down.
    Doesn't GSP have the highest percentage of succesful takedowns in UFC history? I don't think it would be easy but think he has a good shot (pun intended) to take Silva down.

-------------------

No offense to Weidman, think almost anyone is overmatched when they step into the cage to fight Anderson Silva. The successful challenger has to have, in addition to the physical skills/tools, a good focus/relaxed mind. Once Anderson clowns his opponent, he starts to frustrate them and that's when he turns it on. If any challenger is to be successful, I think they have to have a very good head that can stay calm.

One fight that looks interesting that I'm looking forward to is Tim Boetsch vs Mark Munoz. Expect grinding/grueling ground and pound.
    "A good stickgrappler has good stick skills, good grappling, & good stickgrappling & can keep track of all 3 simultaneously. This is a good trick & can be quite effective." - Marc 'Crafty Dog' Denny

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

GSP has great wrestling and I'm sure he'd get a takedown or 2 but I don't think he would be able to dictate where the fight took place in the long run.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Jones is an incredible athlete, but rumor is he parties pretty hard as well and that's no good for a fighter. Hell Belfort should have beaten him, he just didn't hold his submission long enough or hard enough...break that bastard's arm if he doesn't tap out
    You have to admire Jones for getting out of that arm bar, Belfort had him good, but could not apply enough pressure.

Thread Information