Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Ike Quartey vs mayweather

prime for prime

here is

Ike Quartey vs Oscar de la Hoya
    this Oscar de la Hoya in his prime. Quartey had some good hand speed and power. and was very underated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7iXz...eature=related

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Ike Quartey vs mayweather

i love this fight. it shows a Oscar de la Hoya that had hand speed. not like the version mayweather fought and nearly lost two.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quartey lost to a prime vargas too, I think the oscar fight was his defining fight for ike, he wanted the win real bad, was a great prime fighter but i just think the style matched for ike and that was really his only defeining fight of his career..

Floyd is too good a boxer to be touched by ike in the same way, Floyd probably stops him late
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd's my man but Ike runs him over. The jab would keep PBF defensive and when he tried his little ropadope Ike would tear him up with short accurate punches. He's also much stronger than Hatton, Casillo or DLH.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ike was very underated

ICB Guest

Mayweather wins a tough but clear cut UD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quartey was underrated. But IMO he was not extreemly underrated. His main problem was he just didn't do enough. That's why he has so many close fights. He had the best jab in the game and he was strong. If he just had that mentality to fight for that W he would've been much much better.

Mayweather by UD even though Quartey has all the tools to beat Floyd and the right style. Floyd would take it in the final rounds.

Call me crazy but if any of the 90s WWs was to beat Floyd it would be Tito.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oscar threw better combinations, but his one punch speed wasn't all that much faster, and the stats don't lie... measuring up the handspeed he had against Mayweather vs his handspeed when he was originally at WW it was almost the same. What made him look faster is those guys were easier to hit, and Oscar threw a lot more meaningless combinations. I think Oscar is better than he was in his prime because now he has better defence, better legs, and he is a smarter fighter, while almost being as fast. Quartey definitely was good, but I Think he would have a lot of problems against a pure, moving boxer, and that Mayweather would be too quick on the inside and get off before Quartey every time. I think Oscar is better suited for the boxers.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Terp
    Floyd's my man but Ike runs him over. The jab would keep PBF defensive and when he tried his little ropadope Ike would tear him up with short accurate punches. He's also much stronger than Hatton, Casillo or DLH.
    I think your slightly overrating Quartey, he was good but not as good as your making out. Quartey's chin wasn't the greatest, he had a solid jab and was pretty solid fighter. But Mayweather is faster, more quicker on his feet, and has much better defense, and is better all round fighter.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by artest2000
    i love this fight. it shows a Oscar de la Hoya that had hand speed. not like the version mayweather fought and nearly lost two.
    Oscar De La Hoya still was very fast against Mayweather, and Mayweather didn't nearly lose to Oscar De La Hoya he out boxed Oscar De La Hoya clearly i had Mayweather ahead by 4 rounds.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quartey has the jab to give Floyd problems but des he have enough in the rest of his arsenal? I personlly don't think so and I think Mayweather also can counter that jab,he sure his quick enough. Mayweather via points in a tough fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Terp
    The same jab Winky yawned at as he nearly kayoed Quartey? PBF's defense is just as good and he would have broken down Ike's body. PBF by late stoppage/UD.
    Oops

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ike had the best jab in the welterweight division.He had a good hook as well.I would think Floyd as the welterweight now and Ike of his welterweight days.I would go with Ike by very close decision

Thread Information