Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Jones vs Machida

So Lyoto made it interesting for a round with his difficult striking and then Jon demolished him. The guy has beaten 3 former LHW champs and I just don't see Rashad or Henderson bringing anything new to the table. Assuming he beats these two fighters it will be a while before a new LHW contender appears that can challenge him. Also big ups to Mir for getting clocked and submitting Big Nog.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Jones vs Machida

Brutal choke by Jones, I thought Lyto was going well in the first round but he went down a massive hill in the second. Jones just let him drop after that choke, was pretty bad arse really....maybe even bad sportsmanship to a degree.

OH i jumped out of my seat when Mir submitted Nog. Why? Coz I picked Mir to win...and I actually support mir in most of his fights. AND I even when out on a limb (kinda like nog )and told my mate not only would Mir beat Nog again...but he would be the first to submit him, was pretty happy with the result.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like Mir too. I know he bulked up for guys like Lesnar and Carwin but I wish he'd slim down some. Maybe not pre-wreck fighting weight but I think he is still fighting too heavy and it effects his cardio. A dream fight would be to see him and Barnett whom I think has the best ground game of all HWs.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought this was maybe the most brutal UFC ever. That arm snapping was just sick I literally felt ill and had to look away. Follow that up with Jon Jones perform a standing choke on Machida and just dumping his limp, unconscious body on the floor and you have arguably the most violent sport in the world and I fucking loved it

It seems to me now that mixed martial arts has reached the stage where its greatest fights and most brutal moments compare to anything that boxing can offer. It truly is a beautiful violent sport and to me is now the pinnacle of human unarmed combat.

Maybe not from a financial standpoint, but I think I'd rather now be the best UFC fighter ever than the best boxer ever, the skillset is just so damn awesome.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great comeback for Mir was really pleased with that! Nasty snap! Korean Zombie looked great for those 7 seconds! Ebersole didn't look as impressive as usual but that was probably down to him not getting many takedowns. Machida looked great until that cut.
    Hidden Content
    Records are for DJ's - Dan 'The outlaw' Hardy

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mattboxingfan View Post
    Machida looked great until that cut.
    And thats the best props you can give Jones Come on mate show him some kudo's for what he done

Unbelievably brutal card, as ya say Bilbo, it was a cracker!!

Mir is getting better and better, just think he would need to take JDS to the ground if he's gonna get a W, he would KO'd by JDS if that fight happened and it stayed on the feet.

Jones took a round to work him out, but once he did, good night Vienna, what a sick choke, to come up with that is pure instinct and a measure of the lad's skillset. Also showed he can take a shot and come through it, something some claimed he couldnt do
    Hidden Content SADDO'S FIGHT NIGHT RD4 CHAMPION, TAKING ON ALL COMERS ! Hidden Content

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mattyhitman View Post
    Machida looked great until that cut.
    And thats the best props you can give Jones Come on mate show him some kudo's for what he done

Unbelievably brutal card, as ya say Bilbo, it was a cracker!!

Mir is getting better and better, just think he would need to take JDS to the ground if he's gonna get a W, he would KO'd by JDS if that fight happened and it stayed on the feet.

Jones took a round to work him out, but once he did, good night Vienna, what a sick choke, to come up with that is pure instinct and a measure of the lad's skillset. Also showed he can take a shot and come through it, something some claimed he couldnt do
    He lost the first round he didn't look great until the second when he caught Machida and got the sub it wasn't his best performance so why would i give him props?

Machidas speed and awkward style seem to confuse him. Rashad is just as fast if not faster i look forward to that fight as i hear he is next inline because he has waited so long. Just needs to beat Davis injury free.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by VictorCharlie View Post
    So Lyoto made it interesting for a round with his difficult striking and then Jon demolished him. The guy has beaten 3 former LHW champs and I just don't see Rashad or Henderson bringing anything new to the table. Assuming he beats these two fighters it will be a while before a new LHW contender appears that can challenge him. Also big ups to Mir for getting clocked and submitting Big Nog.
    He couldn't figure out Machida and his speed was helping him land shots on Jones. Rashad is just as fast and hits hard i think he has the tools to do the job.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll give you Rashad's hand speed and good power but he looks good against average strikers but not so much with the next notch up. He tried to strike with Rampage and was getting owned before he thought better and outwrestled Quinton. Machida is awkward and most people have a hard time getting his striking down so I wasn't surprised that Lyoto had some moments. Jones didn't look out of his element by any means though and seemed to be holding his own pretty well in the second round while it was on the feet. Rashad better hope he can keep the fight standing and can connect b/c he won't be able to turn to his wrestling against Jon.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just think his speed takes it and i don't know about the wrestling the best can get takendown.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just think his speed takes it and i don't know about the wrestling the best can get takendown.
    Not Jones, he has never been taken down in his UFC career so far

I dont really like using fighter a beat fighter b so will dimolish fighter c, the triangle theory, but Machida KO'ed Rashad, if he can do it then I have no fear Jones will do it. Will have to wait and see, Rashad is the only test left, although saying that Davis will give him a hell of a fight.
    Hidden Content SADDO'S FIGHT NIGHT RD4 CHAMPION, TAKING ON ALL COMERS ! Hidden Content

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Davis has a lot of the physical tools that Jones has but doesn't seem to have the all around skill set yet. Hopefully he isn't pushed into a title shot too early (assuming he keeps winning) and can continue to develop.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jones is just a phenom. For a guy who,s more or less professionally doing it for 4-5 years, it's quite amazing. Machinda style seemed the same good old riddle in the first (which I believe Machinda won) but Jones looked good indeed and didn't panick at all though MAchida did land 2-3 solid shots on the chin. A healthy GSP vs Jones is definitely something I'd like to see someday, not sure if it'll ever happen but that's a fight that could be interesting. Assuming GSP can stop to injure himself and if the weight of both won,t be an issue.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Jones is just a phenom. For a guy who,s more or less professionally doing it for 4-5 years, it's quite amazing. Machinda style seemed the same good old riddle in the first (which I believe Machinda won) but Jones looked good indeed and didn't panick at all though MAchida did land 2-3 solid shots on the chin. A healthy GSP vs Jones is definitely something I'd like to see someday, not sure if it'll ever happen but that's a fight that could be interesting. Assuming GSP can stop to injure himself and if the weight of both won,t be an issue.
    GSP v Jones will never happen unless GSP bulks up a shit load, moving from Welterweight to LHW would be too much mate. As a fantasy matchup then fair enough. GSP v Silva could be a possibility tho

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

With Diaz, Condit and Johnson (assuming he gets a couple decent wins in the time it takes GSP to fight the Diaz/Condit winner) in WW I think GSP will have at least 2 more title fights at 170 before he would be in a holding pattern waiting on the next contender. I think a Silva vs Jones fight is much more likely. If Jones beat Rashad and possibly Hendo and Silva beats Chael (big if) or Munoz both will be lacking a big time match in their respective weight classes. Silva has talked about retiring before so I wouldn't be surprised if he cleaned out 185 one last time and looked to fight Jones as a last fight to cement his P4P status.

Thread Information