Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Cotto vs Margarito II might be in jeopardy for Dec. 3rd

According to Fat Dan:

"The New York State Athletic Commission on Friday ordered Antonio Margarito to submit to a thorough examination of his right eye by a doctor of the commission's choosing before it would vote on his application for a boxing license"

Antonio Margarito ordered by New York commission to have eye examined - ESPN New York

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well hopefully he passes the test and while I dislike the dude for obvious reasons, id still hate to see him loose an eye...

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hope the fight gets stopped. Margacheato is a rubbish fighter who has cheated boxing. Period.

Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Cotto vs Margarito II might be in jeopardy for Dec. 3rd

Has this been sorted out yet finally will Cotto fight Marg?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

cotto will lose if fight goes fwd. ko7. ugly ko.

Mentioned
    1684 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Think Cotto can win this, different opinions make this the fight of the year.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

If New York denies the license, Arum said he will move the fight on short notice to another venue with places such as Denver, Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas, and venues in Mississippi possible.

So the Dec. 3rd Cotto-Margo rematch, that was supposed to held @ Madison Square Garden in NYC, is in limbo, pending the results of Margarito's eye test and New York's decision.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post

If New York denies the license, Arum said he will move the fight on short notice to another venue with places such as Denver, Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas, and venues in Mississippi possible.

So the Dec. 3rd Cotto-Margo rematch, that was supposed to held @ Madison Square Garden in NYC, is in limbo, pending the results of Margarito's eye test and New York's decision.
    It's just 2 weeks before the scheduled fight. If the license gets denied, I don't think Arum can just move the venue in such short notice. He should not expect all those who already bought tickets to fly to another state to watch the fight. He may have to go through some extra promotions to entice those in that state to attend the fight.

Why didn't they try to obtain that license way ahead in advance or does Margarito already have the license and NY just decided to suspend it pending the eye examination?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by InTheNeutralCorner View Post

It's just 2 weeks before the scheduled fight. If the license gets denied, I don't think Arum can just move the venue in such short notice. He should not expect all those who already bought tickets to fly to another state to watch the fight. He may have to go through some extra promotions to entice those in that state to attend the fight.

Why didn't they try to obtain that license way ahead in advance or does Margarito already have the license and NY just decided to suspend it pending the eye examination?
    Margarito is yet to have the New York License to be able to box there, the NY boxing board, will make that decision.

As much as i'd like to see the fight, Margo's eye is seriously fucked up, you gotta wonder if it would be wise to let him fight a hard hitting guy like Cotto, and risk becoming blind in one eye.
    Last edited by Mars_ax; 11-19-2011 at 06:06 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Margarito is yet to have the New York License to be able to box there, the NY boxing board, will make that decision.

As much as i'd like to see the fight, Margo's eye is seriously fucked up, you gotta wonder if it would be wise to let him fight a hard hitting guy like Cotto, and risk becoming blind in one eye.
    I don't think a number of people would care if Margarito risk becoming blind. He did not care how much injury he would inflict on an opponent by trying to use a loaded glove. Unfortunately, it cannot be proven anymore whether he had already used it in the past.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

THe other venues are ready and waiting, this fight is gonna go down without a hitch. I've lost respect for Margo but this would be his redemption fight if he can dominate Cotto again. I think he has a huge mental advantage on Cotto as they both know that Cotto cant hurt Margarito. This fight is exciiting for so many reasons, Im not rooting for Margarito to win but I would actually like to see Cotto lose just to see what excuses some people are gonna put out there.
    The key is Self-discipline.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Onix View Post

THe other venues are ready and waiting, this fight is gonna go down without a hitch. I've lost respect for Margo but this would be his redemption fight if he can dominate Cotto again. I think he has a huge mental advantage on Cotto as they both know that Cotto cant hurt Margarito. This fight is exciiting for so many reasons, Im not rooting for Margarito to win but I would actually like to see Cotto lose just to see what excuses some people are gonna put out there.
    I disagree, Cotto will be able to hurt Margarito this time. As for excuses, if Tony wins this time, we'll know that it was legit, so why would anyone make excuses for Cotto?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if you have a chance, watch the face off of Cotto/Cheato II. Cheato's right eye (the one that required surgery) is freaky looking. Something not right there.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by captainanddew View Post
    if you have a chance, watch the face off of Cotto/Cheato II. Cheato's right eye (the one that required surgery) is freaky looking. Something not right there.
    I watched that Capt, i'm thinking it's possible this fight may not happen unless Margarito has a boxing license already in place elsewhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by captainanddew View Post
    I watched that Capt, i'm thinking it's possible this fight may not happen unless Margarito has a boxing license already in place elsewhere.
    Shouldn't he still have his boxing license in Texas since that's where he had his last fight?

Thread Information